Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
koblaster12345
4th Dan
PSN: Koblaster
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT iRiposte. I just want a thread of my own

I have been reading accross the forum for a few weeks already and has been incredibly useful and helpful ALTHOUGH I am not becoming the King I want to become. Either there's something I'm not doing right or I'm just not made for this game or both.

I've been playing Tekken ONLY for a year now. I was instantly attracted to King because I like JAGUARS and his multi-throws seem very unique . I also play AK but let's not talk about him now.

I easily lose to my classmate who pwning me with Anna, Nina, Lili, Xiaoyu and Jaycee. I have NEVER won against him. The attack strings of those characters (well maybe except for Nina) just seem so broken to me. I never have breathing space to do anything and even if I punish properly 3 or 4 times, I die in the end by (my opinion) cheap attacks. How should I deal with these characters as King? Any specifics?

I can't iSW consistently. Actually, it hardly ever comes out. I put in 3 forwards as fast as I possibly can then on the 3rd forward, I press it along with 2 and 4. Isn't that the correct way to do it? How do I buffer this throw properly?

Don't worry about my GS. I know how to buffer this throw in perfect fashion out of almost anything save for doing it out of a cd.

Speaking of cd, I can't cd on the 1st player side.

I know I just spat out random things in my head but I am really want to be better at king and at tekken. What other tips can you give?
StarSaber
Banned By Mod
PSN: PM me
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
The one tip I'm gonna give to you against Nina and maybe Anna and JC as well: when you think a low hit is coming, use low parry. It's basically the fastest and safest option (as opposed to risking an uf+4 or whatever other low crush). Don't try to outpoke Nina, just defend passively, block, SS or parry. If you press buttons against her you'll start eating shit left and right.

if you block Anna's df+4 you can launch her. It's a weird low - it just does poke damage but recovers like a hellsweep on block.

Xiaoyu is a lot less scary. Actually she's one of the weaker characters. I just block high and break throws because the one scary low she has is SS+3 and that is kinda easy to see coming (once you get used to it ofc). AOP is not that scary, just use a ground hitting move like uf+3 or CD+1+2 but if it's a slow move make sure you find the right time and range for it.

there's a bunch of iSW tutorials floating in Youtube now.
here's Aris' one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142AkKLp6XI
make sure to watch his Enemigo King tutorial if you haven't already - it's good stuff, 99% of what Aris says about King is right, so watch it.

here's TheMainMan's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxC7JVaVYs

and if you search for Shining Wizard tutorial you'll find LOTS more, trust me.
Signature Originally posted by Nyrepose
I think it's okay. For the first two years I've been playing, throws were essentially 12 frame unblockables
koblaster12345
4th Dan
PSN: Koblaster
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StarSaber
The one tip I'm gonna give to you against Nina and maybe Anna and JC as well: when you think a low hit is coming, use low parry. It's basically the fastest and safest option (as opposed to risking an uf+4 or whatever other low crush). Don't try to outpoke Nina, just defend passively, block, SS or parry. If you press buttons against her you'll start eating shit left and right.

if you block Anna's df+4 you can launch her. It's a weird low - it just does poke damage but recovers like a hellsweep on block.

Ugh, I always forget to low parry. I need to tatoo on the back of my hand "Did you low parry this time?". Thanks for reminding me that low parries exist. I promise I'll use them more often.

About low paries, the best thing to do after low parry is still df+4,3 -> 1 -> iSW or is there a better one out there?

Originally posted by StarSaber Xiaoyu is a lot less scary. Actually she's one of the weaker characters. I just block high and break throws because the one scary low she has is SS+3 and that is kinda easy to see coming (once you get used to it ofc). AOP is not that scary, just use a ground hitting move like uf+3 or CD+1+2 but if it's a slow move make sure you find the right time and range for it.

I find a very delayed b+2,4 useful against aop. The thing is Xiaoyu is like 99% immune to b1 strings which annoys me a ton.

Originally posted by StarSaber there's a bunch of iSW tutorials floating in Youtube now.
here's Aris' one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142AkKLp6XI
make sure to watch his Enemigo King tutorial if you haven't already - it's good stuff, 99% of what Aris says about King is right, so watch it.

here's TheMainMan's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmxC7JVaVYs

and if you search for Shining Wizard tutorial you'll find LOTS more, trust me.

thanks for the links.

Did I mention I DON'T have a PS3 or Xbox? I ONLY play on arcades so it's quite hard for me to practice.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by koblaster12345
Ugh, I always forget to low parry. I need to tatoo on the back of my hand "Did you low parry this time?". Thanks for reminding me that low parries exist. I promise I'll use them more often.

well people tend to forget about low parries
About low paries, the best thing to do after low parry is still df+4,3 -> 1 -> iSW or is there a better one out there?[/qoute]
f+3 -> df+4,3 -> f+1 isw
i also saw this low parry combo f+2 -> 2 -> f+2,2,1 -> b+3 but it feels inconsistent and quite hard to do in matches
[QUOTE]Originally posted by koblaster12345
I find a very delayed b+2,4 useful against aop. The thing is Xiaoyu is like 99% immune to b1 strings which annoys me a ton.

df+1 works

thanks for the links.

Did I mention I DON'T have a PS3 or Xbox? I ONLY play on arcades so it's quite hard for me to practice.

you could see my vid if you like
ISW/IWR guide

you could practise vs the AI in the arcades.
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
StarSaber
Banned By Mod
PSN: PM me
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes df+1,2 still works against AOP most of the time too, but unless you do the uberly carefully timed version it doesn't give King much of an advantage. But its fast enough and hits her out of AOP unless she does that crazy AOP~d duck so it deserves mention I guess
Signature Originally posted by Nyrepose
I think it's okay. For the first two years I've been playing, throws were essentially 12 frame unblockables