Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
shuyin_park
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello guys,

I've been a player for tekken for 15 yrs, and king is my fav char. I followed him in tekken 3 up to tekken 6 br. And now namco released ttt2 upon observing king during his previous tekken series his moves evolved up to tekken 6 he has his guaranteed moves but now in ttt2.

But now why did namco reduced king's abilities and his guaranteed moves unlike the other characters in ttt2 all of them become stronger they don't lessen they abilities but they have improved it. I have sent my inquiries reg to this matter to tekken. net hoping that they will give me a feedback, question can we request it to namco to bring back kings moves and abilities from tekken 6 br just to replace the king in ttt2?
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shuyin_park
Hello guys,

I've been a player for tekken for 15 yrs, and king is my fav char. I followed him in tekken 3 up to tekken 6 br. And now namco released ttt2 upon observing king during his previous tekken series his moves evolved up to tekken 6 he has his guaranteed moves but now in ttt2.

But now why did namco reduced king's abilities and his guaranteed moves unlike the other characters in ttt2 all of them become stronger they don't lessen they abilities but they have improved it. I have sent my inquiries reg to this matter to tekken. net hoping that they will give me a feedback, question can we request it to namco to bring back kings moves and abilities from tekken 6 br just to replace the king in ttt2?

*facepalm*

Sir, I really want to lock this thread... but let me elaborate...

JGS 2 on crouchers gives you a free ground throw...
a successful half boston crab groundthrow/backthrow still gives you a free ground throw...
free b+3 after a CH ffn 1+2
multithrows are still here and still the most useful "low" king has in his cd/JGS...
Great punishers, hopknee, bufferable GS and too awesome pokes
iSW finisher and sick oki in general that can give you more juggling opportunities, even on tag crash...
He's almost unchanged from T6, plus halved lifebars favor throws...

I still don't understand what you are complaining about... If you really played King for so long, you know he's one strong character and teammate in this game. Maybe you just came back again from "retirement" and realized that ali kicks are punishable on both block and hit?
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
Iz-GOod
Deity
PSN: Iz-GOod
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Seriously, I've also been playing since T3 and I love King's evolution. I wouldn't say he's gotten weaker compared to T6BR.

I'd love to see you elaborate on what you think King has lost from T6BR to TTT2.
Signature You can't escape the crotch dive. Nobody escapes the crotch dive.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
PSN: lurking out there.
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I want only his old f,f+2 CH launcher and his d+1~N+2 and f,f+2+3 restored to TTT1 status lol

Obvious nerfs from BR are his airthrow damage reduced and his old WS+2 gone... those are the main nerfs he got. Current WS+2,2 is good, but I'm still missing old WS+2, old f,f+2 or the sorts, those moves had amazing range and might deal really good damage today.

if you look for nerfs since T5/DR the list actually gets worse. Nerfed b+1, nerfed f+3, nerfed f+1+2... and so on.

single ali kick is -9 on hit... not punishable, but not horribly safe either. Eh.

Oh I almost forget. SS+2 knocks them pretty away now. Another nerf from BR. Overall he seems very slightly nerfed from BR, yeah. But not a really big deal. I like d+1+2. WS+2/WS+2,2 is pretty good homing move from CD. CD+4 guarantees d+3+4,2 on normal or df+4,3 to big combo on CH. Some lil buffs to compensate I guess.

Last edited by Star Saber on Feb 5th, 2013 at 17:32

Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
shuyin_park
Kyu
shuyin_park
Kyu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
*facepalm*

Sir, I really want to lock this thread... but let me elaborate...

JGS 2 on crouchers gives you a free ground throw...
a successful half boston crab groundthrow/backthrow still gives you a free ground throw...
free b+3 after a CH ffn 1+2
multithrows are still here and still the most useful "low" king has in his cd/JGS...
Great punishers, hopknee, bufferable GS and too awesome pokes
iSW finisher and sick oki in general that can give you more juggling opportunities, even on tag crash...
He's almost unchanged from T6, plus halved lifebars favor throws...

I still don't understand what you are complaining about... If you really played King for so long, you know he's one strong character and teammate in this game. Maybe you just came back again from "retirement" and realized that ali kicks are punishable on both block and hit?

here is what I observe amigo. The one that you mention here like JGS 2 can give you a free throw of course if it's on CH but doing this in a normal way it's imposiible to give you a free throw, then for the backthrow it's not way to possible to have a free ground throw let me correct this, it can be easily side rolled or back rolled unless is your opponent is to lazy to stand or to roll etc.

Bufferable GS yes they have not reduces the damage but the range of it. Haven't you observe it the range of GS is shorter unlike in t6 br? and how about the irish wip (b 1+2) in T6 opponents will guess what buttons they will press ex. (B1+2)1+3:if connects you can do a follow up B1,2 just to break it its #1, (B1+2)2+4:if connects you can do a follow up ground throw just to break it its #2, (B1+2)1+2;3+4 : if connects you can do a follow up a ground throw just to break it its #1+2. But in ttt2 all those execution moves you can break it by simply pressing (1+2) no need to guess if connects you can do the following moves listed above but (B1+2)2+4 if it connects it cannot give you a guaranteed free ground throw you have to be super accurate and fast .

Or maybe some king players are not familiar with this move or they don't use it ,then also the F, hcf 4 in T6 once it gets a hit automatic you have free juggle or if you want to escape it you have to tech roll it, for ttt2 you need to get a CH to have a free juggle. Also they have reduce the damage for his running powerbomb (fff 2+4 in air) maybe this is enough for me to elaborate then fyi the ali kicks of king is punishable.. TRUE, i don't use this move infront of the opponent unless I am on his back or just his lying on the ground i am not too stupid to know that. I am just expressing my opinions and suggestion to king I am not telling that he is too weak and not a good teammate. It's just my observation to him , I can't stop comparing him in T6 bec his moves,range,damage is better.

And also for thanks reading my post for sharing your opinion.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shuyin_park
here is what I observe amigo. The one that you mention here like JGS 2 can give you a free throw of course if it's on CH but doing this in a normal way it's imposiible to give you a free throw, then for the backthrow it's not way to possible to have a free ground throw let me correct this, it can be easily side rolled or back rolled unless is your opponent is to lazy to stand or to roll etc.

Bufferable GS yes they have not reduces the damage but the range of it. Haven't you observe it the range of GS is shorter unlike in t6 br? and how about the irish wip (b 1+2) in T6 opponents will guess what buttons they will press ex. (B1+2)1+3:if connects you can do a follow up B1,2 just to break it its #1, (B1+2)2+4:if connects you can do a follow up ground throw just to break it its #2, (B1+2)1+2;3+4 : if connects you can do a follow up a ground throw just to break it its #1+2. But in ttt2 all those execution moves you can break it by simply pressing (1+2) no need to guess if connects you can do the following moves listed above but (B1+2)2+4 if it connects it cannot give you a guaranteed free ground throw you have to be super accurate and fast .

Or maybe some king players are not familiar with this move or they don't use it ,then also the F, hcf 4 in T6 once it gets a hit automatic you have free juggle or if you want to escape it you have to tech roll it, for ttt2 you need to get a CH to have a free juggle. Also they have reduce the damage for his running powerbomb (fff 2+4 in air) maybe this is enough for me to elaborate then fyi the ali kicks of king is punishable.. TRUE, i don't use this move infront of the opponent unless I am on his back or just his lying on the ground i am not too stupid to know that. I am just expressing my opinions and suggestion to king I am not telling that he is too weak and not a good teammate. It's just my observation to him , I can't stop comparing him in T6 bec his moves,range,damage is better.

And also for thanks reading my post for sharing your opinion.

1. JGS 2, crouch throw is only free when the opponent is crouching (not on CH), so that means you should use it when the opponent techs. Actually You want to use Jaguar Step when you see the opponent teching, all of the options excel there.

2. You are not doing the groundthrows fast enough after the half boston crab. and even then, your opponent can't sideroll much on that position, and YOUR OPPONENT SHOULDN'T BACKROLL AGAINST YOU. df+4,3 pickups them for another meaty combo. Make them pay.

3. I don't feel the range nerf, but wasn't that important even if it's nerfed. If you're on a range where GS whiffs, you probably should use his long range mids or iSW...

4. Irish whip is more of a shenanigan anyways. You can confirm all break anyway... The options after it are still there, but it's not as foolproof as before. It's given a initial 1+2 break because AK and JC have tag throws on it.

5. it's not f, hcf+4, it's cd+4. And yes, IT STILL GIVES YOU A JUGGLE ON NORMAL HIT if the opponent doesn't tech, just like in BR. On NH you just gotta dash df+4,3 and it will pick them up for a juggle (and most opponents don't tech). It's actually buffed in TTT2 since on CH it's guaranteed.

6. Running Powerbomb having too much damage would be OP, so as a consolation, they gave us good oki out of it. Again, df+4,3 will pick up backrollers/kip-ups for another juggle, Hopknee and JGS kills low kicks (for another juggle/big damage), cd+1+2 kills both low and mid kicks (and launches them again on CH), GTs for side rollers, and Backwards JGS catches tag-crashers for a free hopkick for another meaty juggle.

King is not a problem, I think you're just not used to some changes that he has, which will throw you a bit off when you start, but when you get a hang of it, you'll be fine. He still more or less plays the same in BR plus more tools in his arsenal. His oki alone (whick is WAAY better than AK now) is significantly buffed.

Last edited by DEATH&#63722; on Feb 6th, 2013 at 07:24

Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
XBL: Punisher1564
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
WS,2,2 is a great addition so is d,1+2 - I would have a different opinion if the most of the roster didn't get nerfed as well.
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
he's still largely the same imo. most buffs and nerfs are essentially pretty minor.

ws+2,2 has its uses, but honestly I greatly preferred the old T6 ws+2. had some jab evading properties, safe, CH juggle. 40something as opposed to 20something damage on -14 lows is nice, but there really aren't that many of them, and a solid anti-jab tool complemented his game much more.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
he's still largely the same imo. most buffs and nerfs are essentially pretty minor.

ws+2,2 has its uses, but honestly I greatly preferred the old T6 ws+2. had some jab evading properties, safe, CH juggle. 40something as opposed to 20something damage on -14 lows is nice, but there really aren't that many of them, and a solid anti-jab tool complemented his game much more.

WS 2,2 as a punisher is 47 damage plus frame advantage right? That's as damaging as a GS but some more shenanigans too...
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
+3 is not a ton of frame advantage to be honest.
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
considering the damage, +3 is quite a fair bit of frames. Uninterruptable b1 FTW.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
TheDinosaur
Hurm
XBL: Archelon
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
+3 really isn't a lot. I wouldn't do b+1 very often in that situation just because it's so vulnerable to step.

it does decent damage, but for 1 frame more you can hit hopkick or FC df+2. so what moves are exactly -14 for it to be able to punish? bryan qcb+3, bruce cd+3, jin d+4, eddy d+4,3(?), they are there but there's not a whole lot of them. if it was 13 like we thought it was originally it'd be a lot more useful.

as a homing move it's probably his worst one (yes moreso than ub+1). all the damage is in the second hit, so you have to commit to it, and as you can't "see" sidesteps, that's not very good. in terms of attacking sidestep it gets relegated to the dustbin along with all the other 2-hit punishable homing moves like ganryu uf+2,1+2 or hwo df+4,3.
Signature Say NO to shoulder buttons!

Bloody Elbow: The MMA website I write for. It is the best MMA website.
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
well, WS+2 as a homing poke is useful. You can do that from CD. But yeah... lacking damage unless you commit into the unsafe 2nd hit.

I don't like ub+1 at all. It's slow, and high. Is it even homing? it has the white trail, but it isn't specifically marked as a homing move in the command list.

Last edited by Star Saber on Feb 8th, 2013 at 13:30

#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
E-Nigma420
Iron Fist God
XBL: en1gma420
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
WS 2,2 as a punisher is 47 damage plus frame advantage right? That's as damaging as a GS but some more shenanigans too...

to clarify you are saying WS+2,2 is +3 on block?
Signature JAM!!!!!!!!>the rest
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
On hit..
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
E-Nigma420
Iron Fist God
XBL: en1gma420
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
gotcha

I'm personally sorta sitting on the fence with how I feel about him. I played him in TTT, but never touched him again until this engine. The only beef I really have is the b+1+2 being breakable now, where as in TTT, it was not. My biggest problem is missing damage on moves, like FC d/f+1, or his CD+4. I really have no idea how to apply what y'all are referring to as JGS(3+4?) But overall, he seem's like a solid character to me!

Last edited by E-Nigma420 on Feb 10th, 2013 at 03:07

Signature JAM!!!!!!!!>the rest
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
XBL: Punisher1564
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
* deleted my post bc I think it would have been misinterpreted - I ll just simply say WS 2 has allot of great quality's and JGS is fun as hell

Last edited by XBLPunisher1564 on Feb 10th, 2013 at 18:00

Howling
rawr, bidge.
PSN: renith
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
+3 really isn't a lot. I wouldn't do b+1 very often in that situation just because it's so vulnerable to step.

it does decent damage, but for 1 frame more you can hit hopkick or FC df+2. so what moves are exactly -14 for it to be able to punish? bryan qcb+3, bruce cd+3, jin d+4, eddy d+4,3(?), they are there but there's not a whole lot of them. if it was 13 like we thought it was originally it'd be a lot more useful.

as a homing move it's probably his worst one (yes moreso than ub+1). all the damage is in the second hit, so you have to commit to it, and as you can't "see" sidesteps, that's not very good. in terms of attacking sidestep it gets relegated to the dustbin along with all the other 2-hit punishable homing moves like ganryu uf+2,1+2 or hwo df+4,3.

I find that the +3 is pretty good frames: it allows you to mix up a bunch of things:

if the enemy jabs back a lot, b+1 into a combo. dont do this often as once a round is enough to win.
if the enemy steps,backdashes, does any move that is slower than df+1, do a slight walk forward and df+1. this will realign you(hence tracking) and give you extra range. I dont advise following up with the 2 every time since it whiffs if the enemy backdashed enough before getting hit. if you hit youre back at +3, and you can start again.

you can mix those 2 up with backdashing and punishing and sidestepping/sidewalking into another df+1, even if your cd, ws2/df+1 gets blocked.

cd,ws+2 will make enemies stop there. 14 frames is very fast specially if you do it after blocked move. watch the enemy and multithrow at leisure after he stops moving.

heres a video where I use the +3 on df+1 a lot.
Signature From Rambo III
Zaysen: Who do you think this man is? God?
Colonel Trautman: No. God would have mercy.

Howling
rawr, bidge.
PSN: renith
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, +3 is enough so that GS, GS2, and 1+2 break throws beat any standing moves the opponent does, safe for high-crushing moves. Mix it up with another d/f+1, and the OP has very little option but to down-jab, back dash or step. f+4 covers all of the above
Signature From Rambo III
Zaysen: Who do you think this man is? God?
Colonel Trautman: No. God would have mercy.