Page Splits 1...<484950
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#981 “Quote” Edit Post
How good is this character.
(I know she is top tier online, but offline is what I'm looking for)
Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#982 “Quote” Edit Post
I think she's one of the most underrated characters in the game, on my list, she lies in the top 10-15 range.
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
MacNuzz
Banned By Mod
#983 “Quote” Edit Post
I had a feeling that she is good, but her moves just seem terrible to me for some reason.
Fergus, what moves do you use the most?

Last edited by MacNuzz on Nov 26th, 2015 at 17:04

Signature Ideal tier list for Tekken 7 Fated Retribution Top tier: Rucky Chroe, Claudio, Lars
                                      Bottom tier: Everyone else
Originally posted by Miss Rochefort:
if i had to pick one, it would be Steve
i want his c0ck inside me XDD!
BMFAlpha
2nd Dan
PSN: EliteAssailant
XBL: SplendidJoe
#984 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Skeering
Vs Steve it's pretty darn good I think?

Also, is there some trick to getting db4 to connect? It consistently misses for me.

There's no trick to get d/b4 to hit after 2+3, parry or no. You just do it after you hit with 2+3 and as long as the opponent is not knocked to far it should connect also what buddy above said in his post, 2+3, d/b4,3, F+2 is a consistent combo but instead of doing F+2 as the ender, you can dash after d/b4,3 and re-pick up the opponent with 1+4 and bound with 2,1,1+2 but most of you might think it's not worth it because the damage's not all that good and I believe it can be tech but the opponent is at an angle with his or her side towards you, FUFT's angle so I don't know. So it goes like this:

2+3, d/b4,3, dash, 1+4, 2,1,1+2.
Signature One must be able to lose in order to be able to win.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#985 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MacNuzz
I had a feeling that she is good, but her moves just seem terrible to me for some reason.
Fergus, what moves do you use the most?

I use db3 and d2 at range a lot, they're both very strong tools to control space with, especially with d2 leaving them crouching on block/hit and db3 (low) leaving them crouched on hit at +4, they're weak to SWR but if Asuka's on P2 side, they cannot SSR after eating a db3 or blocking/eating a d2 because they are in crouching

If they're starting to SWR those 2 buttons, then you can start approaching with uf3 and ff2 strings which tracks to her weak side and keeps them in check

After d2 on block, quite a few people will try to ws4 so you can whiff punish this with f2 due to the pushback that's created, same with db3 on hit. d2 is like +9 and leaves them crouching, so it is a very very good move.

I also use ss4 and uf3 for CH keepout at that range, both are pretty hard to whiff punish and launch on CH and ws1+2

I use ff3 as well as a "just throw it out" move, it makes them hesitate at range to press buttons so Asuka can f2~d in to close the gap and pressure.

Upclose I tend to use jab strings a lot, 1,1 and 1,3/1,4 to chip them down along with fc df2, ss2 to keep them in check if they like buttons, and go for my closer ranged CH launchers like b4, cancans etc. if I feel they're antsy. Also a lot of f4s to keep the pressure on and df1 to keep them from just SWRing her upclose and still bullying with db3 here too.

If I know they will respect me, I will dash up d1+2 (kdn low) or 1+2 safe NH launcher, and treat it as a ghetto 50/50, after d1+2 you can do dash 1+4 to pickup quickstand/backroll or dash 3~4 to cover remain/siderolls.

That's basically my playstyle in a nutshell, other Asukas would use different moves in correspondence to their playstyle

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#986 “Quote” Edit Post
No b3
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
JeniusD
2nd Dan
#987 “Quote” Edit Post
So i have been play asuka for quite a while but I always overlooked Falling rain, I now wanna add it to my tech but my problem is that i cant do it consistently. I can maybe do it 5/10 which isnt gd enough is there a trick im missing?

fyi I normally do it out of a f2 cancel
BMFAlpha
2nd Dan
PSN: EliteAssailant
XBL: SplendidJoe
#988 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JeniusD
So i have been play asuka for quite a while but I always overlooked Falling rain, I now wanna add it to my tech but my problem is that i cant do it consistently. I can maybe do it 5/10 which isnt gd enough is there a trick im missing?

fyi I normally do it out of a f2 cancel

There's no trick, you just have to be precise with the command for it. d/f, d, D/F+1+2. I get that sometimes to where I miss the input for it and get WS1 or 2, mostly 2 but if your doing FR out of f+2 cancel, then after you hit D for the cancel, keep your thumb on D and slide it towards D/F and just input the rest of the command quickly.
Signature One must be able to lose in order to be able to win.
CandyLander
Lone Wolf
PSN: Candy_Lander
#989 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having a few problems with Asuka.
First, it's the range in her moves. After a db+3, Asuka can't make use of the frame advantage because all of her tools (b+4, 4, db+3, df+1) whiff on a simple backdash. Same goes for after a f+4. Any tips?

Second, comboing after her launchers.
B+3, 4, 1+4,2, d+2 B!
This should be a staple but, sometimes, depending on range, both hits of 1+4 hit making the rest of the combo whiff. What do I do?
pIchu
#990 “Quote” Edit Post
Why not dash forward and continue the pressure? You don't need to keep attacking. Instead, put yourself into a better position and seeing how your opponent reacts. If they get antsy, have your punishers all ready to go why moves whiff.

The point is to start adding movement or the option of "doing nothing" into your game play instead going for the same options.

Why not go for b+3,4,3, 2,1,1+2 instead? Depending on who you partner Asuka with, you can combo off b+3,4,3~5 for red damage as well.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#991 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't forgot that you can whiff punish whatever button they press after db3 on hit, your finger should be ready to f2 at all times as Asuka for whenever whiffs occur, can try uf2 for a ranged whiff punisher if you're not comfortable with f2 yet. So when you get them afraid to press buttons due to being whiff punished, you can essentially treat that as frame trapping them.

Who is your partner with Asuka? Like Pichu said, you can do b343 to 2,1,1+2 b! or depending on your partner, you can get a better combo with b343~5 to partner combo

CandyLander
Lone Wolf
PSN: Candy_Lander
#992 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fergos
Don't forgot that you can whiff punish whatever button they press after db3 on hit, your finger should be ready to f2 at all times as Asuka for whenever whiffs occur, can try uf2

I'm using f1+2 a lot for whiffs.

Originally posted by pIchu
Why not dash forward and continue the pressure? You don't need to keep attacking. Instead, put yourself into a better position and seeing how your opponent reacts. If they get antsy, have your punishers all ready to go why moves whiff.
nThe point is to start adding movement or the option of "doing nothing" into your game play instead going for the same options.

Has to be that way with Asuka. Which is a but frustrating because you're eventually getting hopkicked in the face for dashing forward or losing momentum for not dashing forward as your opponent freezes.

One more question, if b+2, 1+2 hit confirmable? I can't do it so I just yolo even though it's -10. At least the b+2, 1+2, 4 CH confirm is easy to do.

1,2, 4 is also oddly easy to do once you get the timing. And now I'm able to get a combo from CH 4 80% of the time.

About the combos, I don't have a set partner for her. I don't have one for anyone, but I usually pair her with Kuma for a f+4 combo ability. All online, though

Last edited by pIchu on Feb 16th, 2015 at 13:09

pIchu
#993 “Quote” Edit Post
f+1+2 is great but when you can, f+2 really is your real money maker. You just really gotta make sure you hit it.

You don't always dash forward. You say people are starting to back dash after d/b+3 on hit... but you wanna keep up the pressure.. dash forward and doing nothing can do that but you don't always do it. Unless the frame advantage is immense (like... +5 or more), you really can't get people to not move, especially when you're Asuka. You are still on advantage so at the very least, you have a bit more control of the situation. If they're still tacking on, it just means they're out guessing you. Predict the hopkick and don't dash forward then get a f+2.

From what I recall, b+2,1+2 couldn't be delayed if you wanted the NC. Just don't remember if you need the b+2 to be CH or not. I think the (b+2),1+2,4 part is NC and you just need the CH on b+2 for the whole string to hit. This is pretty rusty intel though.

Doesn't really matter who you partner her with, so long as whatever you get with them, it's consistent. Losing that launch, d/b+4,3~5 combo ability is a pretty big loss though IMO. Taggable red damage is so important in this game.
AltNes
Fujin
PSN: alt8765309
#994 “Quote” Edit Post
Is white heron a pure mid/low mixup? Is the low seeable? I'm not able to react to it even in practice mode. At most I can backdash the string it if the 1+4 is whiffed or a Jin parry against the mid and high options. I really struggle against Kazamas up close if I am caught in it I sort of just freeze up or at most look for duck jabs and Bryan ch ws3 etc. Most puzzling to me.

Edit: Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by AltNes on May 13th, 2015 at 19:38

Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#995 “Quote” Edit Post
You can down jab after the 1st part and get away from the mixup even on hit.

But if you are forced to block the last part, it is a true mixup.