TTT History: What every man should know!

Page Splits 1...<5678>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Nathaniel Louie
<SoCal>Nat_Louie
PSN: nath_louie
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
I remember the time when I was still living in the Philippines and going to sophomore highschool... I used to spend more time playing Tag than spending time in the classroom!

Now after moving here in LA I couldnt find any TTT players anymore...

I wish there would be a tournament for TTT!!!
Signature
There'll be no solution for my bitter potion, running round and round in this Cycle Of HATE!!!!

MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
I thought they had a tekken tag machine with korean parts in one of those so cal arcades, have you tried contacting Kane or the other old school players down there, or in the so cal thread?

So many people still played tag even in t5 dr days. I dunno though, maybe they thought a ten year old game finally ran out of steam?

We had a tekken tag tournament at norcal in january! Stl are too good at that game. Your little brother Owen, iirc, entered it. Of course you guys may not even be related at all...
StrizzMatik
Kyu
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
Amazing thread. I used to post around here as Devil_Jin back then, I wrote that fucking huge-ass Kazuya FAQ! Needless to say no fighting game ever grabbed me like TTT on such a fun and strategic level. Pure awesomeness.
Nathaniel Louie
<SoCal>Nat_Louie
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
I thought they had a tekken tag machine with korean parts in one of those so cal arcades, have you tried contacting Kane or the other old school players down there, or in the so cal thread?

So many people still played tag even in t5 dr days. I dunno though, maybe they thought a ten year old game finally ran out of steam?

We had a tekken tag tournament at norcal in january! Stl are too good at that game. Your little brother Owen, iirc, entered it. Of course you guys may not even be related at all...

I remember going to FFF like a couple of years back but I didnt see a tag machine there... Unless that there are other arcades here in LA? I think there is one where FIlthy took us to before its in Covina... I think it's the SUper arcade or something.

Yup Owen and I are brothers. hehe
Signature
There'll be no solution for my bitter potion, running round and round in this Cycle Of HATE!!!!

Nathaniel Louie
<SoCal>Nat_Louie
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StrizzMatik
Amazing thread. I used to post around here as Devil_Jin back then, I wrote that fucking huge-ass Kazuya FAQ! Needless to say no fighting game ever grabbed me like TTT on such a fun and strategic level. Pure awesomeness.

I remember using your FAQ back then!!! That was like 2003 I think.
Signature

Electric Chair
Warrior
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
I quit play Tekken when Namco released T5R. But I still play Tag. When T6 came, I gave it a try untill I decided to quit from it 6 months ago. But I still play Tag.

some of my pals had left Tekken for good. a few of 'em still play until now. But we all spit the same words. Tag is still the best among the Tekken series.

There are plenty of good T6 players today, but their skills are instantly build. They couldnt afford the same level as if they play Tag.
Signature Electric Chair : "What d'ya all know about Electric Chair?"
"A failure beginner who never be able to get to 9th kyu"
"Just a masher who pretends to be a master"
"Put your trust on electric windgodfist, but not on electric chair"
"Electric Chair.... The Real Bullshit Master"
Nathaniel Louie
<SoCal>Nat_Louie
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Electric Chair
I quit play Tekken when Namco released T5R. But I still play Tag. When T6 came, I gave it a try untill I decided to quit from it 6 months ago. But I still play Tag.

some of my pals had left Tekken for good. a few of 'em still play until now. But we all spit the same words. Tag is still the best among the Tekken series.

There are plenty of good T6 players today, but their skills are instantly build. They couldnt afford the same level as if they play Tag.

True. I remember like constantly practicing back then everyday and it took me like 2 or 3 years just to match the skills of other tag players in the Philippines. It takes a lot of work. Tag is the best tekken for me. Until now there are still yet to be discovered.
Signature

MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nathaniel Louie
I remember going to FFF like a couple of years back but I didnt see a tag machine there... Unless that there are other arcades here in LA? I think there is one where FIlthy took us to before its in Covina... I think it's the SUper arcade or something.

Yup Owen and I are brothers. hehe

Well too bad, maybe it broke finally.

We have a couple of guys in norcal who have a tekken tag machinel, and one guy owns TWO(!) tekken tag machines. So for some reason people still play it for fun. In fact most of the players who are 'top' players in norcal know how to play tekken tag properly because they were around back then. I had to learn from them.

bdc, bdc, bdc, d+4, bdc, bdc, bdc d+1, d+4, bdc bdc bdc
StrizzMatik
Kyu
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT2

Hype as fuck for this! Maybe I'll do a TTT2 Kaz FAQ too

I remember using your FAQ back then!!! That was like 2003 I think.

Wow, I can't believe someone actually got through all of it ^_^ that shit was an easy 200+ pages printed! I'm happy you got something out of it. I played some Tag a few weeks ago for fun on PS2... wish I was as good as I used to be, hehe.
kuma000
Iron Fist God
PSN: kuma000
XBL: GucciGucciGoo
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
I had a feeling I would see a lot of old names on here. I haven't really gamed at all competitively since tag, but everyone brings up interesting points. You'd read things like Unconkable's trip to Japan (which I remember), but the tournament results is where the most information came from. What characters were winning and what strats were used. I think it was E7 in Iowa but I'm not sure, when Unconkable and Antonio were playing in the finals and someone was giving away bootleg recordings of it and I remember being blown away by them after watching a few times.

Just found a youtube link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm20nMHoauM

Tag was a study-able force, ever changing. Some abusable strat that would change the game, until something better was found. It was even possible to equate characters with a person's name and face.
Unconkable - AK/Devil
JOP-ogres
Slips-eddie/julia
Teky/hatman-Jun
Zoe-Bruce/Bryan
Honkey#1/Tomhilfiger-mishimas
Jinmaster-Jin/Julia
Kuma000-Kuma/heihachi??? had to plug myself in the mix.

Does anyone else remember names and their characters they were known for using?

Last edited by kuma000 on Oct 11th, 2010 at 23:45

ArmorKingFan
Champion
PSN: BryantPrince
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
I remember getting this game in my last few months in the 6th grade(2002) and I was like super happy that Kazuya and Lee were in the game. Man those were some of the best middle school years in my life.
Signature Shall rise! Craig and King Jr justice will be served!!
In a perfect world we deserve what we only can learn.
The PIMPS!
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
hey great match Kuma000
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
PSN: DOCTOR-PHILLIP
XBL: PS4 IS WAY BETTER
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kuma000
I had a feeling I would see a lot of old names on here. I haven't really gamed at all competitively since tag, but everyone brings up interesting points. You'd read things like Unconkable's trip to Japan (which I remember), but the tournament results is where the most information came from. What characters were winning and what strats were used. I think it was E7 in Iowa but I'm not sure, when Unconkable and Antonio were playing in the finals and someone was giving away bootleg recordings of it and I remember being blown away by them after watching a few times.

Just found a youtube link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm20nMHoauM

Tag was a study-able force, ever changing. Some abusable strat that would change the game, until something better was found. It was even possible to equate characters with a person's name and face.
Unconkable - AK/Devil
JOP-ogres
Slips-eddie/julia
Teky/hatman-Jun
Zoe-Bruce/Bryan
Honkey#1/Tomhilfiger-mishimas
Jinmaster-Jin/Julia
Kuma000-Kuma/heihachi??? had to plug myself in the mix.

Does anyone else remember names and their characters they were known for using?

ONEDEADLYVENOM Heihachi/Devil/Anna

KazuyaKazama kazuya/Jin

Sinjin Yoshi/ling

AC Jin/Ling

Deschef Jack/bryan

AnimalAttactiks Kuma/Roger

The Realyst Julia/Bruce/Anna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtvDz3HLjI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcA...feature=related

AND THE LIST CAN GO ON N ON !

KUMA000 man u bring those memories back bro would u believe if i said that i still have a vhs tape with footage of when we first met bro at an old tourny it was like either 1999 or 2000

With Teky , Carrot Top, You omg too many old vets lol u looked so young then lol well me 2 damn meng i am almost freaking 38 now

ODV out !

Gonna be releasing more casual grudge matches between the Realyst vs ONEDEADLYVENOM ...........26 MATCHES in total

Last edited by ONEDEADLYVENOM on Oct 24th, 2010 at 16:57

Signature God Bless You, and know that he loves you as you are, give him the praise that he deserves, with each day that you breathe say Thank you Jesus.....
I Love You..! " IF U WANT WHITE PSP FOR $50 DOLLARS EACH HOLLA AT YOR BOY, I got the hook up !" Dude Walked In On Me , N Saw My Gf n I ... No Comment
My PSP TEKKEN THEME_Joint Effort_Many Contributors
My You Tube Vids....
POP...DUCK...N DROP IT! My Gameboot Cintro Thread
jin11
Blue Circles
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
lol I remember making this thread. Glad it's still alive
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jin11
lol I remember making this thread. Glad it's still alive

What's up bro ?

Good news for us that kept hope alive TTT HD is going to be released hopefully soon so HOPEFULLY IT'S ONLINE PLAYABLE ALSO :-o !

All those t4 n t6 Noobness I been forced to play is gonna be a mere past time :-b

I'm happy a wish came through !

ODV out !
Signature God Bless You, and know that he loves you as you are, give him the praise that he deserves, with each day that you breathe say Thank you Jesus.....
I Love You..! " IF U WANT WHITE PSP FOR $50 DOLLARS EACH HOLLA AT YOR BOY, I got the hook up !" Dude Walked In On Me , N Saw My Gf n I ... No Comment
My You Tube Vids....
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
PSN: The__Challenger
XBL: CHALLENGER 1980
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ONEDEADLYVENOM
What's up bro ?

Good news for us that kept hope alive TTT HD is going to be released hopefully soon so HOPEFULLY IT'S ONLINE PLAYABLE ALSO :-o !

All those t4 n t6 Noobness I been forced to play is gonna be a mere past time :-b

I'm happy a wish came through !

ODV out !

NO EYES, NO EARS, NO ONLINE NO ONLINE........

Well at least maybe it wake these old threads up again.
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The-CHALLENGER
NO EYES, NO EARS, NO ONLINE NO ONLINE........

Well at least maybe it wake these old threads up again.

Thanks bro but I am still keeping my fingers crossed until Harada comes n tells me in person gives me the official Sthu in my ear :-b

You are right our forums are bout to be lit up that's a good thing ...

ODV out !
My You Tube Vids....
RedArremer
1st Dan
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ONEDEADLYVENOM
Thanks bro but I am still keeping my fingers crossed until Harada comes n tells me in person gives me the official Sthu in my ear :-b

You are right our forums are bout to be lit up that's a good thing ...

ODV out !

ODV let's get together at Mandarin's sometime soon and play.

Signature Red Arremer
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea Red , I'm down bro I'm mostly free on fri / sat only issue is my wife is having a baby so ,I am committed to being with her !

Meaning lotsa random visits to the hospital :-/ so let's play it by ear !
Mandarin has my contact hit him up or pm me bro
My You Tube Vids....
DayFul
Mad axe man
PSN: DayFul
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
1 week from now prepare to fall in love all over again I can't feking wait to play the game with a good pad for the first time in years