TTT2 Marduk - General Discussion

Page Splits 1...<34567>...25
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Phenex
Shihan
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Drakuur, if you'd look at the TOP of this page you'd notice when these two pages finishes it will probally reach two months.

two

months

And in two months we have learned a single thing about TTT2 Duk in

two

months

(his VTS move is f1,2)

so, using this pattern, I think it best to realize that most likely NOBODY on this board has even touched TTT2 and if they have (like >pk<, etc) they most likely have NOT tested anything that you are going to find.

So, how about break the mold and TEST some stuff for these Duk fans.

Not saying another several months of....nothing.....is a bad thing, just undesirable

Respectfully~
Mike
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
Gladly I might try to organise an evening with pichu for just testing, won't be that hard I don't think, he's historically been my testing partner for new Tekkens. Who wants what tested? I'll go back through the thread and find suggestions but give me more guys.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
I think a lot of people are wondering if this works:

ff+1+2 air throw, opponent stands straight up, marduk crouch jabs, ws+1, vts f+1,2 (b!).
Signature Block more.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Phenex
Hey Drakuur, if you'd look at the TOP of this page you'd notice when these two pages finishes it will probally reach two months.

two

months

And in two months we have learned a single thing about TTT2 Duk in

two

months

(his VTS move is f1,2)

so, using this pattern, I think it best to realize that most likely NOBODY on this board has even touched TTT2 and if they have (like >pk<, etc) they most likely have NOT tested anything that you are going to find.

So, how about break the mold and TEST some stuff for these Duk fans.

Not saying another several months of....nothing.....is a bad thing, just undesirable

Respectfully~
Mike

We don't have the game and will not have it until Holiday Season 2012. That is the reason why there isn't a plethora of testing/discussion: because outside of a couple of people playing at a test location or maybe in the Pacific we have only access to videos. How the heck is it going to be tested?

Also, there was plenty of TTT2 discussion going on prior to the creation of this thread.

Perhaps in 2 months we haven't discussed Marduk because there is nothing new to discuss. At this point, very few things have come as a surprise to Marduk players. VTS f+1,2 is not HCable and is suited more for combo filler than as an offensive tool (VTS 1_4_3_f+2_d+1+2_1+2_D/F,4 serve that purpose).

You're on thin ice, skate with caution.
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
junemitsu
Champion
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
does anybody here play marduk/ak tandem? what's their best combo, damage and oki wise? i havent seen any videos yet.
Signature -Tekken Scrub 4 Life-
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OFdp?
I think a lot of people are wondering if this works:

ff+1+2 air throw, opponent stands straight up, marduk crouch jabs, ws+1, vts f+1,2 (b!).

Yep ok, will report back.

Originally posted by Icege
VTS f+1,2 is not HCable

Cheers.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by junemitsu
does anybody here play marduk/ak tandem? what's their best combo, damage and oki wise? i havent seen any videos yet.

that will be my team.

i did see a vid of that team and i prolly posted it. its in cyfren's channel i think

i recall combos of ak starting and after B! marduk 2,d+1+2 into AK iSW.
marduk ff+1+2~5,AKss2,1,Duk2,d+1+2,Ak iSW for sick dmg.

that should give you ideas

and Draakur if you could test AK giantswing~5? i dunno if it works with duk ak, i know it works with duk king
Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
Lostprophet1
Fujin
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been playing the game on and off now for about a month and a bit. I don't play as much as I used to but thought it give the game a try again.

d/b+2 is by far the best addition to Marduk's arsenal. You can spam it all day and eventually you will catch someone on counter for good combo. His other moves I rarely find use for other than throwing them out every now and then just to surprise people. Any reason to use VTS f+1,2 bound over your normal d/f+4,2?
Signature Tekken is serious business.
Melbourne Tekken
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
From what I experienced in my short time with the game, the best time to use VTS f+1,2 as a bound was in a situation such as a max range d/f+1, where the staple 2, d/f+4,2 would whiff, and you would need to use something like f+1,2 vts f+1,2.

Also, from vids the most consistent combo off of CH b+2 is now b+2, VTS (f+1), 2. First hit whiffs, second bounds. Not a ton of damage, but again, it's a consistent combo off that CH. Air stomp into oki may still be better though.

Last edited by OFdp? on Jan 20th, 2012 at 13:31

Signature Block more.
ARESone
Champion
PSN: ARES_one
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
What about u/f+1+2, vts f+1,2 b! or u/f1+2 vts 1,3+4 vts f+1,2b! ? Would that work?
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
I am fairly sure that u/f+1+2, d/b+1, ws+1, 3+4, vts f+1,2 would work at least, but I'm not 100%. If someone could mess around with it that would be nice.
Signature Block more.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to put together a list of things to test at Final Round this year. Me hopes they'll let me sleep with-I mean-guard the machines >.>

OFdp?: I was thinking the exact same thing. Smaller characters like Ling might need to be floated with d/b+1 to start following u/f+1+2. Unless d/f+4's hitbox was adjusted so that it could catch them.
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
I've had zero luck with the u/f+1+2, iws+1_VTS 1~VTS, f+1,2 etc type stuff. NONE of it has landed yet, feels like the delay between the transition and the VTS f+1 is too big (even though it can be done quite fast) and it comes out too late. Will keep trying.

Tried a few things (d/b+2, f+1+2 etc) after CH 4 and nothing special was happening there. Will try dashing.

Will test AK GS~5 next.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Mr. KuLa
Iron Fist God
PSN: mrkula
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
yep, VTS f+1,2 will not connect after iws+1_vts 1 with or without the low jab.
Signature y u no broken?
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
Well that sucks. Thanks for testing it though, hopefully d/f+4 will be more consistent.
Signature Block more.
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
i was watchin Nin play some games, and the second hit of vts f1,2 on CH gives face down feet away oki. and theyre really close to you. so thats pretty awesome for a small mixup in the vts moves.

he also used uf3+4 to hit that funky face towards wall splat in juggles where it seems like marduk cant hit the opponent but wait for GT. so thats kinda cool too
Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
Inhuman Spartan
Dragon Lord
PSN: mishimablood
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
the first one u mntioned seems nice but cant understand the second condition u told...
have any video of it to share with us?
Signature Craig plz free me from that problem called Ganryu.
Oh sure Jules,u r my girl.
heh yes big boy *hugs*
Later tht day Ganryu was found in the hospital and Craig and Julia were found practicing wrestling in the MMA Gym.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
Final Round XV is a few weeks away and between Soul Calibur 5, Tekken Hybrid, and Tekken 6 brackets I'm hoping to get some happy fun time with the TTT2 cabinets. Any ideas/requests?
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
I will be there as well, if we get a chance to sit down together I'd definitely be willing to help test stuff.
Signature Block more.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
It's been a long time since I've played T6, but I don't recall the 1,2 portion of d/f+3,1,2 ever tracking until now:
http://youtu.be/bt-8-xTYgH0?t=22s