Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#841 “Quote” Edit Post
Thoughs on how to adjust Leroy:

1,1,1+2,1: Damage nerf, no wall stun

1+2,1+2,1: damage nerf.

B1+2: Hitbox nerf, make it punishable (w jabs no launcher)

D1+2: Hitbox nerf, no launcher on ch, instead gives Oki on ch (like kat's ch d+1)

That's all for now, with this I think he will still be very good, but not broken, I think.
CHANG39
Expert
#842 “Quote” Edit Post
Knee on the general direction Tekken has taken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMZvg_6EmXY
SSfox
Foxstepman
#843 “Quote” Edit Post
It's funny he sais about Geese and Akuma what i've been saying since they were introduced in the game.

With Leroy they simply went too overboard, feels like T5.0 days which i never though we would go back to that level of Brokeness someday, I'm even wondering if Mishimastar still work on Tekken Team?

Leroy is like T5.0 Nina, just that all unlike Nina that had the overbroken uf2, Leroy has like 6-8 moves like that lol
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#844 “Quote” Edit Post
Good thing they released the frame data tool along with Leroy right. They gave us the means to show him as irrefutable proof of what an OP character looks like, previous paycheck of course, yet they didn't do anything before EVO.

I wonder whether he's also the one who chose menu and char select ost seanson 2 and 3
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#845 “Quote” Edit Post
https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1225086725724278784

Josie all way even if i'm not even a fan of her either, Eliza is just another Akuma with some ugly vampire girl design, she look like being design by a Pokemon character designer lol
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#846 “Quote” Edit Post
It is this kind of contests that make me lose faith on character designers, regardless we have had the last good one since a while in the form of Leroy.

Please don't vote either of those two things. Josie is a shameful insult to the human kind and Bruce users in general, and Devil Lili is just the representation and ultimate proof of the problem with the legions of sick of mind with very serious issues that plague tekken community, and not just tekken community. Not to mention she's 2D trash basically.

Make developers know that what tekken needs is more characters in the line of Leroy. Realistic and cool like him. Let the sick hentai legions crawl back into their blazblue hole. Cleance tekken from their putrid minds and disease.

SSfox
Foxstepman
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#848 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
It's funny he sais about Geese and Akuma what i've been saying since they were introduced in the game.

With Leroy they simply went too overboard, feels like T5.0 days which i never though we would go back to that level of Brokeness someday, I'm even wondering if Mishimastar still work on Tekken Team?

Leroy is like T5.0 Nina, just that all unlike Nina that had the overbroken uf2, Leroy has like 6-8 moves like that lol

Uf+1 for Nina and she had even more broken things than just that move in that game lol

Yeah seeing Leroy’s game reminded me of T5.0 Nina and maybe T4 Nina for that matter, I don’t know who is even more crazier .
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#849 “Quote” Edit Post
New patch is LIVE

Thoughs on how to adjust Leroy:

1,1,1+2,1: Damage nerf, no wall stun

1+2,1+2,1: damage nerf.

B1+2: Hitbox nerf, make it punishable (w jabs no launcher)

D1+2: Hitbox nerf, no launcher on ch, instead gives Oki on ch (like kat's ch d+1)

That's all for now, with this I think he will still be very good, but not broken, I think.

Call some of those.

D+1+2 is no CH launcher anymore
1,1,1+2 don't wall stun
B+1+2 seem to have less push back and punishable, and do less damage too.

Edit: Patch notes https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/1227523147945000960
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#850 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah finally Leroy is a normal Tekken fighter now
havent started the game since 5. January

he really took away the fun from playing tekken and watching events (yes i skiped evo japan top8, i still wonder why they did not ban him in the first place ... please for the future just ban if like everyone is complaining ...)

i mean he really made me doubt on the tekken team
how can you add a framedata tool where you can easy see under the hood and release him like that?

anyways i hope they learned as he was so OP in so many aspects
(if its not perfect on release its ok but leroy status?)

Leroy Patchnotes
Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#851 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah i'm very surprise how they didn't realize that he was totally broken before releasing him. Anyone who had decent knowledge of the game could see that he was too strong after 1 or 2 hours play, We know they usually make new characters strong in purpose like Claudio and Shaheen for T7 juste to name those, but those weren't even close on Leroy level. But thankfully he's adjusted now.

Tho personally i'm against bans no matter how much the character is broken, also if they banned Leroy the world (and mostly the Tekken balance Team) wouldn't realize "for example" the level of brokenness of b+1+2 , so the move could have avoid the deserve nerf. (this move alone literally killed all top players at Evo Jap)
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#852 “Quote” Edit Post
I've stopped playing tekken these days... my hype train for s3 has completely run out of steam.

Still curious how people evaluate post-nerf leroy tho.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
lightbeast
Legend
#854 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
I've stopped playing tekken these days... my hype train for s3 has completely run out of steam.

Still curious how people evaluate post-nerf leroy tho.

I hardly ever play T7 either now! Not sure if it's because of MK11's grindiness keeping me focused on that, or if it's just the Jin nerfs from a previous patch.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#855 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL the Ragequit https://twitter.com/SSfox_GITS/stat...812717592162306
: - D
Connection wasn't good though. I have had countless cases of people who seemed to have disconnected after either a round of the match was finished, and it was a natural disconnection farted off this awful t7 network model.

Originally posted by lightbeast
I hardly ever play T7 either now! Not sure if it's because of MK11's grindiness keeping me focused on that, or if it's just the Jin nerfs from a previous patch.
The fuck.., man Jin continues to be pretty good. Another story is whether or not you meet the necessary skill level in orderto beat high ranked no-life virginal robofreaks with him.

By the why folks on PC_Steam. Have you tried playing with only the controller plugged. Open steam, load the game and quickly before the presentation screen unplug your mouse and keyboard. You should now notice a similar online to what it was once in season 1 on PC. Of course I assume you have your network and intel driver configured properly for gaming, as well as your windows. Yeah to much to assume since 99% of you are absolute scrubs when it comes to this, but the usb problem is legacy since the beginning. Just try this online and see what results you get.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#856 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
: - D
Connection wasn't good though. I have had countless cases of people who seemed to have disconnected after either a round of the match was finished, and it was a natural disconnection farted off this awful t7 network model.

Yeah there was some lag but still playble, also tbh i suspected this guy to quit, i think he had like 4% or something. And the 7 win streak was another hint lol

Imo Jin is very strong, but very hard to play, actually Jin has never been so hard to play in any Tekken game, and the not that good T7 netcode make him even harder to play. And pretty much for all other hard and complex characters. Actually that's main reason i use mostly use easy characters online.
lightbeast
Legend
#857 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin's f4 CH isn't what it once was. They messed with it. I mean he's still good and all, but yeah.
SSfox
Foxstepman
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#859 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, looks like the Jun fans can calm down now atleast.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#860 “Quote” Edit Post
^: - D

Jun would be guaranteed for season4, like Kuni. So season4 ain't coming then hehh

Jun might be reserved for Jin's ending in t8 against Kazuya, which makes me hopeful about Ogre's return as some sort of sub-boss in tekken8, as in tag2 we learnt she's like a slave of some sort of Ogre, confined in a place only It can access. Yeah, tag2 not canon, but you know. They dropped it there.

Also, if tekken8 ends up happening, one legacy character like yoshimitsu, who's been there like the goddamn beginning as a symbol, like Paul, should have an end to his storyline as well. If so, then this should mean a more than probably return of Kunimitsu, since her demise at the hands of Ogre was retconned too, like Jun's and like all tekken2 sub-bosses lol.

I hope they drop tekken7 already and bring t8 soon enough. Not that I'm interested in Jin's ending by any means since he was never interesting character to me. Kazuya is gonna die for sure, but what will be Jun's role between Kaz and Jin final shodown?

Long live Heihachi. The one and only.