Page Splits <12345>...19
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
defcon
War Lord
PSN: defcon_ronin
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
weaves evade much more in ttt2 than they did in BR. they're basically a one button ss now.
Signature GMB
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Not really, you still get tagged with pretty much all mids if you dont do SSR~4 etc.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
1. Is B+1 still safe on whiff?
2. What's the best way to crack turtles with Steve? He's no Paul in which he can just snakedash in and apply a damaging 50/50 with demo man and death fist, right?
3. Best low? Stance or no stance. (Aside from db+3 )
4. Best pokes? I use f+2,1 and df+1,2~whatever. Anything better I should be using?
5. I should mix-up db+3,2 with what, should I be able to get in db+3,2's range?
6. Any reason doing 2,1 over 1,1,2 for -12?
7. Is PAB good on the offense, since it's got decent lows, a 10F grab which is difficult to see due to the arms, df+2 which is an elbow and SHORYUKEN?
8. Turtle or pitbull? Why?
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
1. No (above average recovery tho)

2. You got no strong 50/50, except db+3,2/qcf+1_f+1+2<1, but thats mainly for wall oki since its hard to get close enough. Play a strong poking game, and once they get impatient nail them with b+1 . WR+2, fc df+1 and 2,1~f are good moves to get an offence going.

3. d+2,1 no contest. New fc df+1_PAB d+1 is also very good.

4. Dont use f+2,1. People will duck and punish. f+2,1~f seems more safe then f+2,1~b tho. Anyway df+1 is your main poke, with the occational df+1,2. 2,1~b_f is also very good, as well as duck~ws+1, fc df+1, d+2 etc.

5. qcf+1 and f+1+2 are two strong, safe mids. qcf+1 wallsplats and has better range while f+1+2<1 is hitconfirmable and does more damage. Good ways to get in range can be a WR+2 on block, duck canceling in when they are afraid of pressing buttons, or any type of knockdown.

6. Way more frame advantage. 1,1,2 is +1 on hit, 2,1~f is +17 or something haha (cant remember, i will post the frame data soon)

7. PAB grab is 12f IIRC. Anyway PAB is very strong in this game imo, especially since they buffed the sabaki window of PAB 2. This move is just too much. 15f, -3 on block, sabaki, CH launcher and homing T_T. Anyway he got a ton of strong opitions from this stance and it can be really annoying for the opponent if you use it correctly.

8. Always play a balanced playstyle with all characters.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
If do a tag assault and do Bryan's db+1+2 then do Steve's df+1+2 I get a very high wall splat. So what's the best thing at the wall do for more damage with Steve?

also, if I do rocket punch for a wall splat, what's the best combo?
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
defcon
War Lord
PSN: defcon_ronin
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Not really, you still get tagged with pretty much all mids if you dont do SSR~4 etc.

False. The weaves by themselves are definitely very evasive now. Obviously hedging by SSL/R+weave L/R respectively hedges your evasion prospects, but the weaves themselves are solidly elusive now. Weave+action, however, seems to vastly increase the size of steve's hurtbox and causes him to get hit by stuff he otherwise would not have, if he just weaved by itself. Consequently, the greatest utility for this is whiff-confirming a left weave (3) into the two hit follow-ons.

2. What's the best way to crack turtles with Steve? He's no Paul in which he can just snakedash in and apply a damaging 50/50 with demo man and death fist, right?
3. Best low? Stance or no stance. (Aside from db+3 )
4. Best pokes? I use f+2,1 and df+1,2~whatever. Anything better I should be using?
5. I should mix-up db+3,2 with what, should I be able to get in db+3,2's range?
6. Any reason doing 2,1 over 1,1,2 for -12?
7. Is PAB good on the offense, since it's got decent lows, a 10F grab which is difficult to see due to the arms, df+2 which is an elbow and SHORYUKEN?
8. Turtle or pitbull? Why?

Best way to crack turtles used to be db32. Now, with fc df1, d1 and PAB 50/50s are looking to be the future of steve's turtle breaking in ttt2.

Best low used to be d21, but I think d1_FC df1 is the future.

Df1 is godlike. 1, 121 and df2 as well.

I dont think I would give up the damage from 112 for 21 in on -10 thru -12.

PAB *is* steve's offensive stance. It's got far more mixup potential than FLK, which is more for space controlling highs and mids.
Signature GMB
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RollTide8569
If do a tag assault and do Bryan's db+1+2 then do Steve's df+1+2 I get a very high wall splat. So what's the best thing at the wall do for more damage with Steve?

also, if I do rocket punch for a wall splat, what's the best combo?

df+1+2 W! qcf+1~b flk 1112
df+1+2 W! qcf+1~b dck f+2,1 sf
df+1+2 W! qcf+1~b dck f+2,1~b dck 1+2 12121
df+1+2 W! qcf+1~b 3,11 sf highest

rocket punch back dash a little 3,11 W! f2,1~b ws1,2 B! 311
or 3,11 W! d212 B! 311 sf
Signature &
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
D21~DCK cancel. If the mid is blocked what are my frames on a perfect duck cancel? Fuck it, what are the frames on Ch as well?
Signature Dorya!
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm doing
CH B+1, DCK 1 (not ballsy enough to do EXT DCK 1 for fear of dropping combo), b+1, FLK 1, f+2,1~b, DCK~WS 1,2 B! SF
Is it decent?
Also, sometimes, I'll drop the f+2,1 and sometimes the DCK~ WS 1,2 comes out slow and sometimes it doesn't even reach!
Is it just "Practice practice practice and you'll get it" kinda thing? Especially the f+2,1~b DCK WS 1,2?
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Its decent enough. Lear EXT duck+1 tho, it adds damage and allows you to do EXT duck+1~5 for redlife. Also, a better alterantive would be: b+1, ext duck+1, dash df+1,2,1, f+2,1~b, duck~ws+1,2, dash df+1+2.

Syn_SC:

Ill se if i can post it later tonight. I made all the framedata for steve except flk stance at a friends place, so havent got it on this computer. Ill get him to check it for me. Ill try to do the FLK stuff this weekend as well and post the whole thing up.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
All the DCK transition to DCK cancel stuff, it's all "Practice practice practice," though, right? I mean, I can DCK cancel fairly consistently (for someone who picked up Steve 2 weeks ago ), just that the transition into the cancel is very tricky.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
The key is to get the f+3 out of flicker ASAP, then just hold DB and go to neutral +1,2 at the correct time (not that hard). Anyway you dont really use duck cancels that much in TA combos, so its not as important as in t6, but defenitly something you gotta learn if you want to play Steve.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone have a list of Steve's punishers? What I'm really interested in is the frames on hit. I find he has very limited options after 1,1,2 on hit. Is there another 10 frame punisher with better frames?

Also is there a better combo off his punch parry other than d2,1~f DCK 1?
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
witon
5th Dan
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
1,1,2 deals the greatest damage

if i remember correctly the latest alternative are

1,2,1, dck into guessing game dck1 or full crouch d+1

or 1,2,1,2 if you guess the other person will do a hop kick

i think iws1+2is i13 or 14 so you can launch those hell sweep
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
1,2,1 is not an nc. and ws+1+2 is 18f.

1,1,2 for damage and 1,2 for +frames.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
I was fighting against Anna last night and interrupted her low kick to launcher string with Steve's B1 several times for a combo.

My question is, are there any more strings from other characters that I can interrupt with B1 that you all know of? Thanks!
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
How I play Steve is that I tend to take max damage wherever I can in terms of juggle damage, punishing and throw wakes, and then just back off. Is there any flaws in this particular style of play as it pertains to Steve as a character?

For wall carry, the best I've come up is (post CFS launches like b+1) EXT DCK 1, df+1,2,1, f+2,1~b, FLK 1, ALB 2. Is there something better out there for wall carry? Or rather, what's Steve's max, non-character specific wall carry off of:
1. b+1, shoryuken, uf+2, WS 1+2 (I'm sure these launchers will give the same combos) DCK 2, 4,1,2
2. df+2
3. PAB df+2
?
(I don't know if this wall carry combo belongs here or in the combo thread)
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Off b+1 you can do this combo for decent wallcarry:

CH b+1, ext duck+1, b+1~duck~ws+1, f+2,1~duck+1. Cant remember if you can hit b+1 after a regular duck+1, in that case it works off duck+2 as well.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Cross_Countah
Kyu
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys first post, with the help of Boppers frame data and the one at ATP I made a list of Steves punishers. Let me know if I did anything wrong. Also as for my question what are some good mix ups to do out of dck canceling?

Punishers Standing:
i10: 1,1,2 -33 dmg +1 on hit
i12: 2,1 - 29 dmg (FLK transition +16 on hit or PAB transition +14 on hit)
i13: df+1,2 - 29 dmg +3 on hit or b+1,2 - 35 dmg +6 on hit
i14: df+1+2 - 29 dmg KND
i15: ff2- 32 dmg KND
i16: db3,2 - 31 dmg KND
i19: uf+2 - 24 dmg launched

Crouching
i11: ws12 - 40 dmg + 2 on hit
i15: ws2 - 22 dmg + on hit
i17: ws1+2 - 27 dmg launch
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
ws+1+2 is 18f. Also its hardly practical to use f,f+2 as a 15f punish. Its more for -17+ with pushback imo. Same thing for some other listed ones, no reason to use df+1,2 over b+1,2, or ws+2 over ws+1,2.

Out of duck, good opitions imo include ws+1, ws+2~duck, fc df+1 etc. And then when ppl start to freeze up you can do stuff like throws, cc d+1_db+3,2 etc.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap