Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
Shoto and anyone else playing Kazuya:
Kazuya's biggests weaknesses in T6 are movement and having mostly everything good avoided by a simple SWL.

I heard movement was changed, so he's probably not suffering from bad sidewalking and a small backdash.
I heard DEWGF is pretty good in this game. I heard d/f+1 is safe on block. How is it dealing with SWL/backdash movement? Since d/f+2 became unsafe in T6, I was always having trouble dealing with SWL. I guess I'll see when the game comes out, but I wanted to know short term opinions? I can see the benefits of many changes, but still, his major weakness in T6 is SWL and having a very hard stopping people from just abusing it.

I agree, movement has improved for everyone but at the same time his d/f+2 has changed a bit as well. I didn't notice it til yiggs pointed it out to me; there has been a slight improvement on the push back of his d/f+2. Yiggs does use Ling and as a result he punishes with 1,d+2 but he was saying that it wouldn't reach at times and would have to resort to her f+1+2 shoulder which is frame perfect. It's a slight win IMO.

DEWGF is very good in this game. I haven't noticed anyone stepping/walking it to their left but I will try to test it further down the track.

Another thing, I used to use CDC,WS+1,(2) for a quick ranged tracking move, but I did have the first hit stepped to my right, I'm not 100% what happened there but I will also look into that too.

CD,N+3 is also decent IMHO.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
moN nihciM
Iron Fist God
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone wanna tell me why Knee favors Devil Kazuya over Kazuya? I haven't played the arcade version yet (only Prologue) and the loss of d/f+1,2 B! doesn't affect Knee's Devil Kaz game play that much.
Shotokan
#Unity
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
My guess is that Knee uses d/b+2 as his B! move. If your tag partner is good, IE: Heihachi, you can just rely on him to net the majority of your juggle damage.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
aabyssx
5th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
http://youtu.be/8y7cBPVFbWo?t=6m52s

In this video at 6:52 Kaz does a ch d/f+2 and misses the PEWGF launch, however he still does bind with d/f+12 and does a tag assault combo.
Is this guaranteed or can be teched?
Shotokan
#Unity
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
It's guaranteed and it was in T6 as well, but you need to time the EWGF correctly... IMO I'd just go for the EWGF launch and if you miss, just buffer a 5 for your partner to come in.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
Tuansil
Legend
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
its been a while.

but is 2nd MSR playing TTT2? i checked the japan ranking chart. i can't see him or did i miss him out?

would like to see him using HEI+KAZ!
Shotokan
#Unity
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
MS Ryu 2 is playing TTT2, I'm almost 100% certain that MS Ryu 1 is playing as well. Check out youtube.com/cyfren, both are doing quite well.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
tatuu
Destroyer
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
@anybody with the info on hand
i'm really curious as to how many frames it took for the kaz/devil transformation in TTT. i hope they make it better this time around instead of taking like FOREVER to tag/change and getting pwned for free. combing the old threads to look for the info sucks right now. thanks!

peace out.

8P
Signature "a lifetime of fighting can be wearisome..."

Super Secret T6 attack : The Saikoro Punch
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
No idea about TTT1, but transforming in TTT2 leaves him extremely vulnerable. About the same as a raw tag.
Signature Flushking.
Aken
Iron Fist God
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tatuu
@anybody with the info on hand
i'm really curious as to how many frames it took for the kaz/devil transformation in TTT. i hope they make it better this time around instead of taking like FOREVER to tag/change and getting pwned for free. combing the old threads to look for the info sucks right now. thanks!

peace out.

8P

transformation is instant but u can not block during transformation so even if u get hit right after pressing u/b+1+2 u r already transformed while TTT 1 if r jab while transforming u wont be able to transform but u can block tho iirc
tatuu
Destroyer
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
No idea about TTT1, but transforming in TTT2 leaves him extremely vulnerable. About the same as a raw tag.

so it's only viable to transform after a hard knockdown as usual, right? craptastic.

Originally posted by Aken
transformation is instant but u can not block during transformation so even if u get hit right after pressing u/b+1+2 u r already transformed while TTT 1 if r jab while transforming u wont be able to transform but u can block tho iirc

yes, back in TTT, you could block an incoming attack therefore postponing the change into Devil but i was concerned about how many frames it actually took for the transformation. for TTT2, when you stated "instant", is that like within 13f - 15f? being unable to block while changing forms is sort of making me re-consider if i want to team up kaz and devil at all. craptastic.

thanks for the heads-up guys.

8P

St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Uhhh.... Kaz and Devil are not seperate characters, Kazuya can just transform into devil regardless of who he is partnered with. When transformed he gains some new moves.

Anyway, here is an example of him being hit mid transition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...FSDQbHT1A#t=64s
Signature Flushking.
tatuu
Destroyer
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
@St. George
ah, now i understand. my bad. i was watching the latest TTT2 combo vid of The Main Man earlier and i did not see a sequence where kaz changes into devil form so i thought otherwise. thanks for pointing that out. good vid also. cheers!

8P

<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
just a heads up: (normal kaz) 1+2, db2 (near walls) is tag crash-able.
Signature
Psypher
Virtuoso
PSN: Psypher1
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know when its coming out on console? Can't wait...
Signature Chikara ga subetedesu... DORYAH!

My Blog: VB Kid - The Code Lives...
MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Best guess is end of 2012, but no date is set for sure.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Psypher
Virtuoso
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Argh! They're killing us here cause we don't have arcades...
So just wait for the release... Bummer

soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
In TTT2 which is more useful to use normal Kazuya or Devil Kazuya?
-edit-
I have seen player called Aek been using devil kazuya before but now he is keeping using Normal Kazuya
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?
Psypher
Virtuoso
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I say DK {while wearing white pants} is cooler

In terms of who is better, I dunno, haven't played TTT2

MCP
MCP=(0_o)
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
In time we'll know better, but there are certain matchups which may cause DK or Kazuya to be better.

For instance, Heihachi and Kuma f,f+2 is difficult to punish, but with Kazuya's new f,f+2, it may be very easy to at least damage them for throwing out that move. DK's f,f+2 is slower and wouldn't be able to punish this move.

DK has d/f+1,2 15 frame launcher for easy whiff punish or block punish juggles.

Kazuya has d/f+1,2 for a better bound move, allowing f+4, where as devil kazuya may not be able to do bound and then f+4 so consistently.

I honestly wish I could just start in Devil Kaz form at round 1.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?