Page Splits 1...<567
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
J-Katz
Destroyer
XBL: o0 JkaTz 0o
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
You guys ever use P. Jack's air throw (ss2) as a combo ender?
Nosegoblin
3rd Dan
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
So, how does one go about setting up Jack's throws? It seems like most of his useful moves push the opponent too far away(on hit and on block)to grab them. I always have to make a mini-dash, which eats up valuable frames/time.

So far I've had the most success after I've scared the opposition into freezing, but truth be told, it's a double-edged sword. Too many yolo hopkicks/crush moves to look out for.

Thx!
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nosegoblin
So, how does one go about setting up Jack's throws? It seems like most of his useful moves push the opponent too far away(on hit and on block)to grab them. I always have to make a mini-dash, which eats up valuable frames/time.

So far I've had the most success after I've scared the opposition into freezing, but truth be told, it's a double-edged sword. Too many yolo hopkicks/crush moves to look out for.

Thx!

It's that mini-dash that can help you. All of Jack's f,f+X moves are mid (f,f+1_2_3_4_1+2_3+4). Use a few of these - especially f,f+1_4 - and your opponent should start freezing to block them.

That said, here are a few moves that can set up throws:

2 - on hit or block
f+1,2 - on hit only
f+3(<1+2) - if you set up the idea that you are going to use the full two-hit string (occasionally delayed), you can get this to work on hit or block (the f+3 part only)
u/f+2 - hit or block
b+3,2 - not quite as good as f+1,2, but can work (on hit)

I'm sure there are more, but I don't have time just now.

Last edited by aviax on Jun 9th, 2014 at 04:57

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
WS2,1 and f+2 on hit are good too.
SS1 blocked.
b+2 blocked at the wall.
BBC7
6th Dan
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
What is everyone's opinion on df+3+4? It looks like a good move, comes out quick(i13) and does around 36 damage, strikes mid and, from what I remember, has a decent range, enough to whiff punish, and KD's on hit. I'm guessing that with i13 and 36 damage, it would be somewhat notable as a block punisher.

On the other hand, df+2 looks like a slightly better whiff punisher, as it can combo into a high-damage TA. Despite it being i13, I doubt that it can be used to poke because it is a -22 on block, meaning that JACK can get severely punished himself.
SridharsVs
Legend
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Regular d/f+2s and Hop kicks fail to punish d/f+3+4 due to push back.You need to dash first. Its good to surprise your opponent once in a blue moon, but in no way should be used in open except for punishing.

It does 40dmg by the way. Good for punishing -14s near walls. Forget about punishing -13s because if you are even a little late, you would eat a free launcher in your face.

Also, d/f+2 is always a million times better for whiff punishing than d/f+3+4.
Nosegoblin
3rd Dan
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the advice, Aviax and Keeper of the Crane. I'll try implementing them into my game.

About d/f3+4, I agree with what SridharsVs opinion on how and when to use it. But in addition, I personally am not at all impressed with the move's range. It seems to be jab-reach at best. And I don't mean Jack's jab range, more like an average character's jab's reach. Just my opinion though.
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
Forget about punishing -13s because if you are even a little late, you would eat a free launcher in your face.

On single hit moves like hopkicks I agree.
On strings I use it, for example on Kazuya TPs.
BBC7
6th Dan
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keeper of the CRANE
On single hit moves like hopkicks I agree.
On strings I use it, for example on Kazuya TPs.

So it is most definitely an O.K. move? I never saw it making Top 10 Moves or even honorable mentions, so I just assumed that it's sucky and I was completely delusional for seeing potential in it.
GosTanMan
Deity
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BBC7
So it is most definitely an O.K. move? I never saw it making Top 10 Moves or even honorable mentions, so I just assumed that it's sucky and I was completely delusional for seeing potential in it.

Its a good move, just that we do not use it because of its risk of being launch punished. Use it only when you know it will definitely hit.

Last edited by GosTanMan on Jun 17th, 2014 at 05:33

gettingfood
Raijin
PSN: Gettingfood
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
From his db2+3 throw what does get for free?
Most I can tell, he gets d2,1 for free but I feel there should be more though.
Ketae
6th Dan
PSN: Kettae
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2,1 isn't NC. df3+4 is free though.
Signature
gettingfood
Raijin
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
That's weird because it combos in the training mode. But thanks for the info.

Last edited by gettingfood on Jan 4th, 2015 at 19:13

GosTanMan
Deity
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gettingfood
From his db2+3 throw what does get for free?
Most I can tell, he gets d2,1 for free but I feel there should be more though.

df+3+4, df+4

Originally posted by Ketae
d+2,1 isn't NC. df3+4 is free though.

d+2,1 is NC
Ketae
6th Dan
PSN: Kettae
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, apparently it is. My bad.
Signature
gettingfood
Raijin
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
I forgive you lol.

So my wall combo with kuma is

F1+2 b4,4 5 kuma 2,1,2 jack ws2,1

Ws2,1 hits low

But with a one hit bound move it doesn't hit low. Like after a wall carry and I have to bound with ff1. Any suggestions to remedy this.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
use this combo instead

W! jack ff+1, kuma f+3+4,1+2, jack ff+4, df+3+4.

you can do ff+4, ff+4 with jack but its a lot harder.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
gettingfood
Raijin
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, cool

Forgot that 1st hit can work, I use that in the open as mix up bait. I forgot you can combo with it at the wall. Thanks

Do you use this team as well?
cris4thewin
Expert
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
is there any post where I can see jack's grab oki?

cheers
Commandoo
Champion
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys ive been playing jack for a while now, mainly trying to punish others and doing other things like combos.. I decided to replace baek with jack 6 because baek is not in t7

I don't hate baek and still like him but decided to try and learn jack 6, Jack six and hwoarang are an odd couple but seems to work well for me. I coulden't see them as close drinking buddies anytime soon but they do ok combos that are not rock solid to master

Thats a bit about me out the way and how I got here

So I was wondering if anyone has any good frame traps they could list?? I was told to learn punish and movement first but feel I want to start adding frame traps into the mix as it's been months and months that I have been playing jack..

Sorry for the essay but any frame traps that are good vs wall etc would be great.. I'm not an expert tekken player and do get confused easily but jack is pretty stright forward and cool..

Thanks for your time 👍

Ty
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+