Jack's top 10 moves.

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Tekken FTW
2nd Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if people already mentioned their top 10 moves for Jack but in case people like me haven't, lets have them here.

Don't forget to post your reasons as to why*

Last edited by Tekken FTW on Jan 6th, 2013 at 17:10

Ketae
6th Dan
PSN: Kettae
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
f,f+1
d/f+2
FC d/b+1
d/f_ws+3,2
f,f+1+2
d/b+1
d+4
d/f+1
throws
Signature
freakyfishdude
1st Dan
PSN: FreakyFishDude
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
in no particular order:
1) 2,1 (11f fast, long range, safe poke)
2) ff1 (damaging, safe poke, KD on hit; catches backrollers for a B!)
3) FC db1 (safe, fast low. +frame on hit; great wall pressure)
4) db1 (fast low poke)
5) df1 (14f, decent ranged, safe, mid poke)
6) df4 (decent range, safe?, mid poke)
7) f2 (jack's to-go 10f punish, hits high, -12 on block)
8) df2 (15f, standard mid launcher, good range, -14f on block but relatively hard to punish at long range)
9) ff2 (damaging, mid launcher, tag-able for starting and ending combos, -16f on block but the push-back makes it difficult to punish for a lot of characters)
10) df_df,df2+4 (2 break throw that starts up a damaging combo; df,df version can be tagged out)

Last edited by freakyfishdude on Feb 11th, 2013 at 18:35

squaregatescrub
6th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
1) ff+1 (safe, fast, hits mid, takes a boatload of life away)
2) db+2 (compliments the above move. good against some online baeks)
3) 2 (great range, good for mounting pressure)
4) df+1, 2,1,2,1 (snazzy combo ender. nice on walls too)
5) f+2 (bam!)
6) ff+1+2, 2 (When it hits, does a megaton damage)
7) df+3, 2 (decent gtfo string)
8) db+1 (go to low poke. not damaging but has it's purpose)
9) db+3,2,2 (Usually used as a combo ender, has it's uses as a string)
10) db+1+2, 1+2 (for some reason, I have the knack for landing this.)

Honorable mention
3+4, 3+4, 3+4
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ketae
f,f+1
d/f+2
FC d/b+1
d/f_ws+3,2
f,f+1+2
d/b+1
d+4
d/f+1
throws

I pretty much agree with this.
Maybe replace WS3,2 by WS2,1 or b+2, which both are more useful in the open IMO.

Im really a fan of WS2,1, I must say.
Pretty much the only move after FCd/b+1 and certain other situations that stuffs everything and makes them respect your offense from there. Its also semi-HC-able (10 frames time; so I guess it kinda doable), and only WS4 punishable for most of the cast. Just dont throw it recklessly out there vs Kaz, Bruce, Capos or Drag.
How much is it on hit, actually? Ive heard 0 and Ive heard +2 as well. Anyone know?

Last edited by Keeper of the CRANE on Feb 25th, 2013 at 21:34

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keeper of the CRANE

Im really a fan of WS2,1, I must say.
Pretty much the only move after FCd/b+1 and certain other situations that stuffs everything and makes them respect your offense from there. Its also semi-HC-able (10 frames time; so I guess it kinda doable), and only WS4 punishable for most of the cast. Just dont throw it recklessly out there vs Kaz, Bruce, Capos or Drag.
How much is it on hit, actually? Ive heard 0 and Ive heard +2 as well. Anyone know?

According to inatekken:
ws+2 is -7,+4,+4 (block, NH, CH)
ws+2,1 is -12(FC),+2(FC),(splat)
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmmm.
I definitly ate Kaz TPs and Capos WS BS afterwards, but maybe I was just too slow to block.
-12 and +2 OC would be really good.

Even if its -14, its still a good move.
ProjectRunAway
3rd Dan
PSN: Project-Run-Away
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
My Top 10 Moves:

d+4: This move is a high crush, safe on block, and is spammable. Do this move all day, every day!
db+1: I don't like using this move as much as I used to, but I find it great for interrupting my opponent's timing and offense with my own. It's essential for conditioning your opponent.
FC db+1: Safe on block, gives excellent, although not outrageous positive frames like it did in T6. If you train your opponent to respect his mids, just run in, duck, and do FC db+1.
WS+2,1: This move is the best addition to Jack's moveset. The mid: tracks really well, has good range, and the string in general forces your opponent to respect Jack even more!
df+2: Thankfully, this move is only -14 now, so I use it a lot more as an interrupt tool and as an incredibly long ranged launching mid. Punishing raw tags, tag crashes, whiffed moves....this move is essential. Also, the smile I get on my face when my opponents fail to punish correctly is priceless.
ff+1+2: I know this is launch punishable, but a lot of people hesitate and punish improperly because of its followups. As a fast, long ranged, tag bufferable launcher, it consistently catches people if their movement is weak.
ff+1: The bread and butter mid. Unless my opponent is seeking to bait it, I pressure constantly with this move. What are they going to do? It's so all-encompassing that it can shut down a large portion of a character's movelist if they do not attempt to stop this move.
b+1+2: I have been using this move a lot recently because it's a safe, high launcher that interrupts a lot of moves with its strange hitbox. If baited, you will get killed, but this move is Jack's best alternative to a panic hopkick.
f+1: This mid has great tracking and is superb for hitting characters like Xiaoyu out of their stances.
2: This long ranged jab is just great for testing the reactions of your opponents. I often find myself using this move as a footsie tool as well when my opponents are seeking to use floatable attacks.

Honorable mentions:
d+1+2: Jack's best high crush move. If you can make a hard read and anticipate a high attack, you can use this launcher to end the round! Of course, d+1+2 is launch punishable and terrible on whiff, but not a lot of people punish correctly because of its pushback.
f+2: This move is super good as an interrupt tool. Did you whiff an attack? Mash f+2! f+2 is also a superb punisher because of its speed, range, and positive frames on hit!
JacksonFiveVzla
Kyu
PSN: Jacksonfive_vzla
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
1) f,f+1
2) d/f+2
3) FC d/b+1
4) 2,1
5) f,f+1+2
6) d/b+1
7) d/f,d/f+2+4 (throw)
8) 1+2
9)f,F+2
10) f,F+4

the variety of throw,in the game of jacki is importantly, he have much damage in the throws, u/f+1+2, qcf+2 (in the wall) its very damage.
Signature TEAM Pa que veas Rostro
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I like ub1+2 to track. Honorable mention I suppose.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...