#21 “Quote” Edit Post
1 (2_3_4) - fast poke, gets into stances

d/f+2 - wicked range, high crush

d/f+1 (2,1+2_4) - solid mid poke, wall rapeage

d/f+3, 4 - solid mid poke/whiff punisher with great range

b+1+2 - imho one of the best lows in the game

d+3_FC d/f+3 - gives opponent reason to block low

d/b+2 - zafina's best panic button... easily set up by lots of moves

f,f+4_f,f+3+4 - great tracking on the 4 (i don't know if it's really supposed to track but it hits sidesteppers whenever i use it), great range for both

SCR 1+2 - wicked wicked wicked

f,f+1+2 - special throw awesome range, mixups after opponent has been trained to block

i have to say that her stances are really useful, including TRT! it takes some time to really get used to but once you do... lots of sexy time to be had.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
ws2
df2
b1
d3
db4
b1+2
ff4
db2
b3
uf4
Itz King Beebop
Kyu
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Zafina's Top 10 Moves

1. db4- long-mid distance low, transitions into MNT, can launch on CH, high crushes COMPLETELY
2. df3- moderately fast mid, partially low crushes, transitions into SCR, has both a low and high finish
3. uf1- frame advantage (more +fps than ff2), very positive on hit, wall splats on CH p.s. many non-Zafina players don't even know that this is +fps on block so it is quite easy to slide this by them
4. ff4- mid-long range tracking move, wall splats, low crushes COMPLETELY
5. ff2- not as +fps on block as T6 but still +fps nonetheless, tendency to jab/high crush partially, wall splats, tracks, very high damage
6. FC df3- long range mid, high crushes COMPLETELY, excellent ukizemi selection (correct my spelling)
7. ff3- +fps on block this game (+4-+5fps), transitions to SCR, juggles on CH, low crushes partially
8. WS3- very +fps on block (+8fps on block), high and low crushes COMPLETELY, transitions to SCR, wall splats
9. SCR1+2- +fps on block, jab crushes partially, low crushes COMPLETELY, high damage, can transition into MMT
10. df2- good range, high crushes partially, low crushes COMPLETELY

I've double checked all of these moves and the descriptions I've given for all of them are mostly true, with the exception of the ff2, which I am slightly sketchy on, so test it for yourself and see what you think.
Taokaka Meow
Warrior
PSN: Taokaka_Meow
XBL: Taokaka Meow
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Itz King Beebop
Zafina's Top 10 Moves

1. db4- long-mid distance low, transitions into MNT, can launch on CH, high crushes COMPLETELY
2. df3- moderately fast mid, partially low crushes, transitions into SCR, has both a low and high finish
3. uf1- frame advantage (more +fps than ff2), very positive on hit, wall splats on CH p.s. many non-Zafina players don't even know that this is +fps on block so it is quite easy to slide this by them
5. ff2- not as +fps on block as T6 but still +fps nonetheless, tendency to jab/high crush partially, wall splats, tracks, very high damage
6. FC df3- long range mid, high crushes COMPLETELY, excellent ukizemi selection (correct my spelling)
7. ff3- +fps on block this game (+4-+5fps), transitions to SCR, juggles on CH, low crushes partially
8. WS3- very +fps on block (+8fps on block), high and low crushes COMPLETELY, transitions to SCR, wall splats
9. SCR1+2- +fps on block, jab crushes partially, low crushes COMPLETELY, high damage, can transition into MMT

I've double checked all of these moves and the descriptions I've given for all of them are mostly true, with the exception of the ff2, which I am slightly sketchy on, so test it for yourself and see what you think.

Since when are d/f+2; SCR 1+2; ws+3 and f,f+3 low crushes?
Also I've been hit by many lows while doing f,f+4.
Signature
"Words of a loser are meaningless"
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
ff4 has the ability to low crush since she comes off the ground at the beginning of the animation. You just have to time it.

It's cool that it's there, but I dunno why anybody would use this as a low crush though.
Signature /
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
You wouldn't use ff4 as a low crush intentionally. That's just a really good addition to have. The actually purpose to use ff4 is to stop people for back dashing and side stepping at the same time trying to get you to wiff. I see online players do db~n, db~n, db~n... db~n with their pad and I know they're using pad to accomplish that. Well that shit kinda shit is not effective anymore. Zafina's ff4 is the counter to that rookie mistake when they think they're so cool doing that movement. Not so cool anymore getting whacked all the time now.
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah the window is very small for F, F+4 to crush lows. You're better off using it for whiff punishing or catching back dashers than intentionally crushing lows.
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
Shin_Izanagi
Kyu
PSN: Oerba_Yun_Shin
XBL: OerbaXIII Shin
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1+2
d+3
ff+4
ff+3+4
b+1
scr4
db+2
df+2
ws+1,2
ss+1+2
Signature Main:
zafina/jin combo
Youtube
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Zafina's Top 10 Moves

What the fuarkkkk are you on about

uf+1 is only 1f safer than ff+2, barely a huge difference. uf=1 is only great to use as a poke.

ff+4 does not low crush completely, its low crush isnt a true (i.e 100% guaranteed) one

about what you said on ff+2.. i cant believe

ff+2 is still +1 on block, so same as T6. The Move does not crush highs/jabs since its a high move and you can tell

fc df+3 is a low not a mid

df+2 doesnt low crush.. and it is a guaranteed high crush, (since you can tell easily from the animation)
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I know i was the last poster and im just gonna say this

Zafina's Top 10 Moves

df+3 does not low crush at all

ff+3 does not low crush at all

WS+3 does not low crush since she IS NOT doing a jump animation, it does look like it has a bit of a high crush effect at the start of the move (and obviously in FC) but it does NOT CRUSH COMPLETELY

SCR+1+2 does not low crush at all

for a move to low crush, a move has to make an opponent jump into the air ( like Ninas uf+1, hopkicks, Annas ff+3, Ninas uf+3+4, Can Cans, Kings df+3+4 Junknown and Alisas uf+4 to name a few). All of what you put (besides ff+4, but that doesnt completely low crush as you claim, and you can tell by the animation) you say are low crushing moves, but they aren't

Please do your research before you come here

Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
leonized
War Lord
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
ohhh... you just got your ass handed to you... tsk

meanwhile i wanna update my top 10 list

1. df1 - this move is bad for a df1, its still her main mid poke, safe, fast, tracks and gives +7 on hit making i16f moves unstoppable

2.ff4 - fast (i17)homing mid that low crushes that wall splats, zafina whips her legs covering a large range, its safe

3. d3 - the low that removed her from rock bottom, +4 on hit, high crushes, can be followed up by grabs, shin kick, uf1 etc. its her offensive low

4.ws3 - ive been a fan of this since br, its such underrated move, its +8 on block

5. db2 - staple close range poke, high crush and tracks

6. ff3 - momentum catcher, +5 on block and leaves them on crouch i20 though so setting it up might be tricky, but not hard. its such a versatile move, it ch launches also.

7. db3(- b)- its her unseeable low thats short range, its safe on block when transitioned into scr -11 if not, though its very special since it creates that mix up of whether your going scr and when they try to punish you can crush it with something, but i doubt that mix up will ever happen, because db 3 is very hard to see.

8.db4- her staple low since BR, offensive low

9. b1+2- her best panic move imo

10. uf1 - now that its +2 on block, its better than ff 2 now, though slower, but it doesn't create that space ff2 does, making use of that +2
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#32 “Quote” Edit Post

nope... because nearly all of what he said was incorrect and stupid as well

and db+3 is launch punishable on block.. yes its -8 but

-your in SCR and you cant defend yourself
-opponent has +8 frames so they can launch punish you while in the stance.

also uf+1 has been +2 since T6
Max Payne.
leonized
War Lord
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
well db3 is still very hard to see anyways and is good to throw out occasionally, just my two cents xD
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by leonized

meanwhile i wanna update my top 10 list

1. df1 - this move is bad for a df1, its still her main mid poke, safe, fast, tracks and gives +7 on hit making i16f moves unstoppable

3. d3 - the low that removed her from rock bottom, +4 on hit, high crushes, can be followed up by grabs, shin kick, uf1 etc. its her offensive low

how is Zafs df+1 bad, Sure it's (if not) the most unsafest df+1 (considering its -5 on block and nearly all df+1's are -1) but as you said good + frames on hit, plus it has good reach, a really good hitbox and good tracking(and if not nearly all df+1's dont have this greatness on hit besides Zafs). I think her df+1 is one of the best ones, just because its -5 on block doesnt mean its the end of the world, lol

about d+3... IMO it was more than this which removed her from rock bottom... her tracking also is one thing which removed her from rock bottom too ( ff+2 and ff+4 being much faster and safer homing moves than b+2 and df+1+2)
Max Payne.
theend1114
3rd Dan
XBL: Jaymizz
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
how is Zafs df+1 bad, Sure it's (if not) the most unsafest df+1 (considering its -5 on block and nearly all df+1's are -1) but as you said good + frames on hit, plus it has good reach, a really good hitbox and good tracking(and if not nearly all df+1's dont have this greatness on hit besides Zafs). I think her df+1 is one of the best ones, just because its -5 on block doesnt mean its the end of the world, lol

about d+3... IMO it was more than this which removed her from rock bottom... her tracking also is one thing which removed her from rock bottom too ( ff+2 and ff+4 being much faster and safer homing moves than b+2 and df+1+2)

He said bad for a d/f+1 because most of them are like -1. Meaning less mind games with the frames, and its more dangerous to sidestep afterwards. Its good, but compared to the rest, not fantastic.

I think all her buffs helped her. d+3, b+1, ws1,2, tracking, ff+3, SCR df+4, 1,3 into SCR, and ws+3 is what changed it for me.
Signature "Just relax, you can do it!"
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by theend1114
He said bad for a d/f+1 because most of them are like -1. Meaning less mind games with the frames, and its more dangerous to sidestep afterwards. Its good, but compared to the rest, not fantastic.

I think all her buffs helped her. d+3, b+1, ws1,2, tracking, ff+3, SCR df+4, 1,3 into SCR, and ws+3 is what changed it for me.

well yeah i did think because of the -frames on block. but as i said -5 on block isnt the end of the world.. its like Ninas d+2. its -6 on hit but people say its a good low poke.

anyways... my top 10.

d+3.. like the risk/reward for this is better than all of Annas Low's.. -13 on block + high crush. +4 on NH/ KND's on CH(though she doesnt get much on this unlike Ninas db+3 on CH). but a good poke

1,3.. +5 on hit to SCR.

b+1.. i18 CH Laucher.. good + frames on NH and only -11 on block with some pushback.

ff+2.. and ff+4.. fixed her homing from T6.. sill same properties as T6 though so yeah

db+4... risk/reward better than Annas low's again.. i21 high crush low. -4 on NH/ +3 on CH and only -13 plus it has good range and i think tracks to her left

df+1.. obvious reasons

uf+1+2. low and high crushing move. good on whiff and NH to TRT for mixups

TRT+1.. good on hit and only -11 on block so even if your blocvked they cant do a full punish on you

db+2.. obvious reasons

Last edited by Johnnay on Jan 21st, 2014 at 21:40

Max Payne.