Page Splits 1...<23456>...19
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
blackninja14
2nd Dan
PSN: Blackninja14
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
how can people go from ducking immediatly into pab stace happend a few times on accident anyone know how?
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
f+3~db~f+3+4. No secret "trick" and its not that fast tbh
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
XBL: Untouchabletony
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
I've discussed this with a steve player I know.
1. Steve has a decent launcher now from b+2. Does it make sense to play steve as a whiff-launch character now? maybe we can play him like paul even? also he moves at lars speed so it maybe more effective even...

2. I want to abandon d/f1 as a basic mid. Its strings are interruptable, and the damage is mediocre, plus the recovery is not that good either.For a basic mid I want to use iws1, flk 2, flk 1,f+1, f+2, albatross 2 dck+1.
D/f2 for tracking only but not for basic offense and only at a distance.
Unsafe punishers on whiff= sonic fang, ff+2 and b+2. PAB u2 for tags on occasion due to range

3. For weave play i think his best options are whiff confirms. CH fishing is never consistent on good players. For intermediates like me ch confirming is never clear enough. Still people do get hit by shoulder. But since shoulder does little damage and is just as fast as wl11 and wl 1,f+1 and wr 2, it would be better to use those for better damage.

4. qcf+1 is useless to me out in the open because its a high-hitbox mid and is ducked at range constantly, lastly its tracking seems a little more off to me than before.

5. I find dck2 to be too risky in most situations. All of dck's generic moves are around the same speed and dck1 launches on hit, so why not mix up dck1 and dck f+2 only? dck1 tracks left and dck f+2 tracks right? and dck cancel df1 tracks both ways i believe?

I just want to know if my play change makes sense and if it maybe effective. The idea is to make steve's whiff punishment more scary and to use his strings and special movements as generic pokes, instead of just using his generic d/f2 and d/f1, since they don't have follow ups, high damage or combo potential.
Signature B+2 and PAB we wildin out!!
Cross_Countah
Kyu
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Hope you don't mind a newbs perspective on this.
2.Even though the damage is bad and the animation looks ugly as hell I still think its a great move. I actually feel like this move is essential to steve since it seems like most of his mids are slow and people will often crouch under his strings he need this move to keep them standing to mix them up. Numbers wise df1 is not that bad either its only -2 or -3 on block and +5 on hit and you can dck cancel it which makes it even better.

5. Very good points I'll deffinetly be using dck 2 less since I sometimes use it too much.

The thing I think about steve is that most of steves moves are good and to stop using them would hurt his game abit. I like your idea though it seems like it could work since steves weaves and dcks are so good.
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cross_Countah
The thing I think about steve is that most of steves moves are good and to stop using them would hurt his game abit. I like your idea though it seems like it could work since steves weaves and dcks are so good.

In my opinion steve is built good for string pressure, not poking. His pokes are average at best and most of them have no range advantage and leave him sitting there are negative frames or even frames. His iws moves give him some scare since ws 12 can't be interrupted, w2 ch launches and goes into special skills and fcd/f1 is his only quick plus frame low. Even slow mid characters like marduck have no trouble in this game. All the character has to do is have a string in the mid so I dont really care if the other mids are slower, as long as they do good damage and have mixups, b1, jabs and d/f2 can handle rushers. Besides, steve moves faster than the rest of the cast anyway (excluding lars )
Zhuge Liang
Berserker
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve's dck 2 is a 'high risk, high reward move'. I still regularly use it until now, but I don't abuse or do it every round. This move needs effort of deceptions in order to make it work. And what I usually do, I do dck cancel a lot (cautiously of course). From there I can use : dck~b+1, dck~PAB [any moves], dck~db+32, dck~FC df+1, etc.

What I like from dck 2 is, it has very good and underrated range. High crush. And if we play our card right, it can catch an off-guard opponent with it. IMHO, its far hit range makes it difficult to predict its coming.

I still think it as a good tool and underrated weapon in Steve's arsenal.
Signature Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han
Commandoo
Champion
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys new to Steve, looked at him in training today,, tried his move list all the way through and tested some stuff.. I play him offline, and also looked at this forum too but am still confused..

What does flick stance do?? And peekaboo?? I did try them out but wile in peekaboo does he block a lot?? Looks simular to a boxing stance used to guard yourself?? I get the idea that wile your in these stances you have a chance to bound somone usung certain moves

Can you (b) an opponent from a non stance position like not going into peekaboo/flick and if so any ideas on a basic? combo?? I tried afew combos on his movelist but would like a non stance combo if its possible??

watched videos from Morduk or whoever he spells it.. And it gives me an idea wile I will be playing him with either baek/hwo and he gave me the idea to play Steve.. As I play hwo a lot I seen videos of him playing both hwo and Steve..

I notice he has a lot if mid punches and just punches you can through out there and was wondering if you can play him without doing any juggle combos?? Or do you always go for the juggle??

Thanks Commandoo
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+

tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Commandoo
Hey guys new to Steve, looked at him in training today,, tried his move list all the way through and tested some stuff.. I play him offline, and also looked at this forum too but am still confused..

What does flick stance do?? And peekaboo?? I did try them out but wile in peekaboo does he block a lot?? Looks simular to a boxing stance used to guard yourself?? I get the idea that wile your in these stances you have a chance to bound somone usung certain moves

Can you (b) an opponent from a non stance position like not going into peekaboo/flick and if so any ideas on a basic? combo?? I tried afew combos on his movelist but would like a non stance combo if its possible??

watched videos from Morduk or whoever he spells it.. And it gives me an idea wile I will be playing him with either baek/hwo and he gave me the idea to play Steve.. As I play hwo a lot I seen videos of him playing both hwo and Steve..

I notice he has a lot if mid punches and just punches you can through out there and was wondering if you can play him without doing any juggle combos?? Or do you always go for the juggle??

Thanks Commandoo

Thats a mouthful of different stuff lol. Heres a rundown on stances. Dck f+3 or 4, weave 3 or 4, sway b+3 or 4, and flk done out right have no block ability in tekken 6 and ttt2 so use them wisely. Pab stance does block but only later on. Out of moves flk and pab autoblock but the other stances are still vulnerable to any hit.
if you need more answers on basic combos u can go to the tekken 6 forums for steve. Just remember ff+2 combos dont work as well anymore. Stay away from combos that have this in writing of the combo dck1, ff+2 but dck1 to ff+2 does work as a dck1 combo normally just not in different comobs. Punch parry to ff+2 launch also doesn't work. D/f2 on counter hit is now f+2 to start up not ff+2. And pab d+2 is now a combo on counter hit, b+2 now combos on hit like it did on counter in tekken 6.

There a few more cool changes so watch some youtube videos and look up this site on him some more. Also check the legend on steve's special moves so you dont get confused along the way. Also keep posting if u dont understand, dont be afraid to ask, just try to read first . Good luck
jinchile
Kyu
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys I have couple questions I've been playing Steve since tag 2 came out,

1) what you all do for opponents who hop kik Steve outta his Pab / dck cancel (f3) mix ups?

2) what's the main use of sways? Do you all use it more for a ss? I use sway when I'm in their faces. Using 3 1f11 for frame advantage but sometimes it's whiffs.

3) I see knee/nin blocking immediately outta dck cancel. How to do that?

4) how is b1 effectively used? Just throw it yolo and hope and pray it catches? Count frames and skip it in?
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
1. Most hopkicks are -13 now, so the best option is b+12, Otherwise use 21 12f or 112 10f
2. Sway is a wall mixup or position change option, out in the open sway 1+2 is like +2 but at the wall on straight pushes it +10 and on angle push u get a free qcf1. To mix up the grab with a mid u press 1. The 2 is very unsafe so be careful.
3.To dck cancel quick play around with the duck animation in practice to figure out when to press d/b to cancel. With enough practice you can perfect it, try wait for the head to come to its lowest point in duck and then press d/b. Press b to mid block quickly.
4. B1 is like steve's generic magic 4. You can throw it anywhere just be careful because good players can duck and launch it and more people high crush it.
I'm sure theres more information from other games for basic beginners just snoop around tekken 6, dr, and 5.0 post for setups. Combos and move annotations may change tho so read carefully
jinchile
Kyu
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
I meant his side step move. It's 3 or 4 what are the uses of it. With the b1 I was getting punished by high level players so was just asking to see if there is a more effective way to throw it out. I'm not a beginner really lol. I can back dash cancel, punish, combo ect n with the number 1 I din mean how to punish, I meant what do yawl do if someone only hop kicking yawl out ur duck cancel mix ups or Pab stance mix up. For instance to prevent the hop kick I don't go into duck after a d2 1 n I don't press a button after I'm in the Pab stance. Is it possible to block the hop kick after df1 dck cancel or d2 1 dck cancel
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
3 and 4 are evade moves with attack strings to punish whiffs or go for a counter hit on silly mashers.

U prolly didn't get punished. B1 leave in a stance at negative frames u have to learn how to time b,d/b after it to recover well, this is a very basic tactic you must learn for stances. Or u can just guess but its rather safe with good recovery. dont be afraid to use it.

Yes blocking from duck is very possible no matter what animation you use it from. as I posted to you earlier you have to get the timing down.

If you have timing issue there are some tutorials on youtube or com back here lol.
Commandoo
Champion
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zR90rkT6VTw I watch this video.. Pretty good juggles here, went online and in my team a friend shown me a basic juggle.. For them both

At 0.02 on the video he does b+2 then a (b) move what move is that?... The hole combo alone is pretty basic and easy..

+

tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
I pretty sure the move was ff+2...dude that combo is all over the ttt2 threads...start reading and you might not need my help
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
ok before anyone post something irrelevant like what pokes steve has because I know them but my question is how do you poke with them or how do you apply them in match. I know I may get answers like watch videos and stuff but you can't just x-copy a player because I played in a session and was doing some Nin and Keio and it was working but I feel I needed to do more. Like picking the right time to poke with moves and not to. like how do you guys condition people to make mistakes so you can get those CH launchers?
Signature &
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
The question is....what do you keep getting hit by? And why do u think basic pokes aren't working? Look at some of your matches and figure out why you lose if ur playing keio and nin's play style. Its also important to realize koreans dont just mash buttons, they play off there opponents weakness in defense and offense.

In my opinion I play people off of what they like to throw out and put my moves in place of theirs on counter. If its unsafe enough let them do it and then punish.

Maybe you can post some of your matches here or ask someone to record you and let other critique to see what you do wrong, if you cant figure out what ur doing wrong...
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
The question is....what do you keep getting hit by? And why do u think basic pokes aren't working?

umm how is that the question? the second part was really what I wanted to know and understand

Look at some of your matches and figure out why you lose if ur playing keio and nin's play style

I'm not playing there style I'm just using tools or ideas I got from them in my matches like for ex. fff+2 pressure or the use of flk+1 into iPAB d+1

Its also important to realize koreans dont just mash buttons, they play off there opponents weakness in defense and offense.

I know this already...I'm not a scrub

In my opinion I play people off of what they like to throw out and put my moves in place of theirs on counter. If its unsafe enough let them do it and then punish.

This was the type of answer I was looking for

Maybe you can post some of your matches here or ask someone to record you and let other critique to see what you do wrong, if you cant figure out what ur doing wrong...

I can do this...well I mean I need someone to record my matches. I would love for peope to critique me because it would help out alot
Signature &
tonyrcamp
Virtuoso
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
well whenever you get a chance I guess . Im sure it would show whats lacking, I'm planning to do the same when I get a cam.
Commandoo
Champion
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tonyrcamp
I pretty sure the move was ff+2...dude that combo is all over the ttt2 threads...start reading and you might not need my help

I did understand it to be that I was just cheking because if I do back 2 then ff+2 It don't connect?? What am I doing wrong??

+

jinchile
Kyu
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Your timing is wrong. You can buffer the first forward during the recovery of the b2. Just keep practicing and you will get it