TTT2 Steve Q&A Thread

Page Splits 1...<171819
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Stoic Guy
3rd Dan
#361 “Quote” Edit Post
down+2 delay the 1, u/f+1 if it doesnt hit d/b+1 if they stay down you can do d/d/f+1 then 3+4 to keep up the pressure. Or ff+2 if you are certain they are going to roll back. f+4~f 1 or cancel with d/b and wait for get up low kick if they are very offensive. Steve has a lot of press moves.
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#362 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx, are there any tech roll and side roll catches ?

Last edited by ThePharmacist on Nov 14th, 2014 at 12:16

BallTapper
1st Dan
XBL: BallTapper
#363 “Quote” Edit Post
idk if this belongs in the steve forums or the heihachi forums, but i had this bug happen recently where i peekaboo 2 a heihachi b1+4, hei eats the damage from his b1+4, then proceeds to be faceplanted by the peekaboo 2.. sorry in advance for quality, it was recorded from a jack in the box cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvIsT4T6sFQ
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#364 “Quote” Edit Post
It probably wasnt a b+1+4. If you get double collission with a punch when you do PKB 2 you get the CH damage + the sabaki.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
BallTapper
1st Dan
#365 “Quote” Edit Post
but he took like 70 damage, which to me translated to the sabaki damage + CH Damage + the 30 hei takes from his b1+4
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#366 “Quote” Edit Post
Its very hard to see from your 3fps vid . But it doesnt look like he does b+1+4 to me, more like a wgf or something similar.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
BallTapper
1st Dan
#367 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, it was recorded directly from a potato chip, but i was talking to the hei player as it was happening and he said he did b1+4, i went back and watched the replay like 7 times, and i caught a glimpse of hei's foot on steves torso, and just look at his health between the fc df+1 and directly after the PAB2, no sabaki that i have ever seen in the world, has done 38% of someones health, there is definitely something not right about that.
EDIT: i know what you mean about it looking like something else, the first couple times i watched it in replay theater i thought he did 1+2

Last edited by BallTapper on Nov 20th, 2014 at 07:35

omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#368 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there any point stepping/walking Steve? He has a lot of moves that have pretty good tracking. Is it just best to backdash and play keep out?
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#369 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by omara95
Is there any point stepping/walking Steve? He has a lot of moves that have pretty good tracking. Is it just best to backdash and play keep out?

pretty much...
Signature &
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#370 “Quote” Edit Post
Does d/b+3,2 really catches tech rollers or is it just me?
COLDxASSxALEX
4th Dan
XBL: COLDxASSxALEX
#371 “Quote” Edit Post
I am trying to main Steve because Lee is currently not in tekken 7. What are all the moves Steve can duck cancel from?
Hallucinogenics
2nd Dan
PSN: hallucinogenics
#372 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if this has already been answered, but is there a rhythm to steve's moves that have a bracket. For example, df+1 [1~2]. I see this bracket notation in most of his combos. What I'm looking for is something similar that I found on the paul forum when performing demo man. They explain it as a Taptap...taptap...taptap. Something to this effect. I'm having a hard time hitting this consistently. i know hitting the buttons really fast "kinda" helps but that's only effective maybe 3/10.

And the move doesn't have to be the one I mentioned. It can honestly be any move of his moves.

Not sure if other characters have a similar timing to steve but Laws poison arrow definitely isn't the same timing as steves , but correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Hallucinogenics
2nd Dan
PSN: hallucinogenics
#373 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by COLDxASSxALEX
I am trying to main Steve because Lee is currently not in tekken 7. What are all the moves Steve can duck cancel from?

this is not my post but what i found while digging through this thread. Not sure if this will be the same in tekken 7 ,but its a good place to start.

Originally posted by Sofa
Lets see if I can get all of them down...

1,1, dck
1,2, dck
1,2,1, dck
1,2,1,2, dck
df,1, dck
df,1,2, dck (the 2 is a fake)
df,1,2,f1+2, dck
d,2,1 dck
d,[2,1], dck
ws2, dck
dckf2, dck
extdckf2, dck

You can also do a very quick transition to dck after most of the stuff that leaves you in flk (such as b1~flk, dck or f2,1~flk, dck).