Paul wishlist: what would you change/replace?

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SymBiosis
White Trash Paul
PSN: centenza69
XBL: cenlenza
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
@at sugarfree

yeah on block d+1+2 lower the frames

at least make the jf demo safe like a blocked ewgf
Signature if i could pray with my cock, i'd be a much more religious man -Tyrion Lannister
Sugar Free
Fujin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SymBiosis
@at sugarfree
at least make the jf demo safe like a blocked ewgf

Threads like this are easily transformed to whining squares, so please pay attention to what you write: EWGF is +5 on block, a +5 on block JF DemoMan would be obviously broken; not to mention JF DemoMan is hella easier to consistently perform than EWGF.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
You can ss the last hit on block, so yea, demo man being safe shouldn't be an issue.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Sugar Free
Fujin
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre
You can ss the last hit on block, so yea, demo man being safe shouldn't be an issue.

I do agree about the safeness, tho not necessarily on the EWGF-like safeness part. Same goes for "d+1,2".
But honestly, Harada ad his staff should first concentrate on more evident stuff.
I do not add posts here everyday just to not make it appear like a rant thread, but I come up DAILY with things that bug my mind quite a bit more than that, even considering all of what has been already criticized here.

Last edited by Sugar Free on Mar 15th, 2013 at 02:49

SwiftDemon
War Lord
PSN: Swiftdemon
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been playing Paul for a while and know the ends and outs of this character.

If there is a Tekken 7 (or 8) which ever one you want to call since Tag 2 is out, I wish Paul had the following:

The ability to mount while your opponent is on the ground
Another safe mid that doesn't have push back and plus on block (the only ones he has: b + 2, ws 2, ws 4, quarter circle back +2, d/f +2) ...I think that's
The ability to fake his tackle for mixups
d +1, safe again!!!
A quicker unblockable or at least another one, Paul has had this since I can remember

It's not a huge list but, with this Paul will go from being mid tier to top tier, IMO.

Namco, please read this post and fix Paul.

Swift
Signature Tekken is a MAN's game, SF has too much ESTROGEN!!!

~ Founder of Tekken's "JustFrame" Thursdays @ GGA
Sugar Free
Fujin
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
@SwiftDemon

Not sure if troll or just plainly wrong.
Fun either way.
SwiftDemon
War Lord
PSN: Swiftdemon
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
@SwiftDemon

Not sure if troll or just plainly wrong.
Fun either way.

No troll Sugar Free....I thought this was a wish list thread, right?

If so, that was my wish list....I wish Namco changed Paul up a bit...

Swift
Signature Tekken is a MAN's game, SF has too much ESTROGEN!!!

~ Founder of Tekken's "JustFrame" Thursdays @ GGA
Sugar Free
Fujin
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SwiftDemon
No troll Sugar Free....I thought this was a wish list thread, right?

If so, that was my wish list....I wish Namco changed Paul up a bit...

Swift

I'm sorry then, I tend to be rough at times, but for a player who has "been playing Paul for a while and know the ends and outs of this character" (and also considering your joining year), I think you should know that d+1 is and has always been safe and that d/f+1~b is an i14 mid which gives +3 frames on block, +9 frames on hit and leaves you face to face with your opponent.
That's why I thought it to be a troll.
Also "to mount while your opponent is on the ground" gave me te picture of this horny bull-like Paul raping his helpless victim.
Too much internet I guess xD
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Paul needs a mid that hits grounded. -9 on block would be fine.

F1+2 should knockdown face down feet away on counter, close enough to land d2.

Df4 give butt flop stun like the last hit of f2,3,1 on counter

Df3,4 last hit should have cancel by holding back.

B2 should be copied and pasted from T5 Paul's b2.

Remove qcf3 and make ws3,2 it's new notation qcf3,2. FC df3 should be the old qcf3 ...I understand you can roll into ws3,2 by inputting d,dfn3,2 but qcf3,2 is easier.

Make b4 have trip animation on counter hit and +5 opponet in crouch on counter. Still +1 on hit.

That's all I want...
Signature aka NorCal_Tekken aka lilty916
Sandstorm
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Deathfist damage is too low IMO.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sandstorm
Deathfist damage is too low IMO.

lol
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Sandstorm
1st Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a couple grievances with Paul.

1. They need to raise the pitch of his voice. It's way too deep and menacing atm. Something closer to Michael Jackson would be ideal.

2. Demolition man is too slow and duckable on reaction. An animation closer to snake edge or Nina d/b1+2 would be a better fit.

3. His storyline is weak. They could make his rivalry with Kuma more dynamic if Paul and Panda started dating. Or they could make him BFFs with Asuka. They could go shopping and get their nails done.

That is all for now.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sandstorm
I have a couple grievances with Paul.

1. They need to raise the pitch of his voice. It's way too deep and menacing atm. Something closer to Michael Jackson would be ideal.

2. Demolition man is too slow and duckable on reaction. An animation closer to snake edge or Nina d/b1+2 would be a better fit.

3. His storyline is weak. They could make his rivalry with Kuma more dynamic if Paul and Panda started dating. Or they could make him BFFs with Asuka. They could go shopping and get their nails done.

That is all for now.
Agreed 100000%
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Callestere
Kyu
PSN: Callestere
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd personally like to have a reliable followup on CH for Paul's b,f 1 the move practically screams for it.
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
^IIRC he gets a free deathfist in TR. The only problem with this is that it's in TR.
mindgames
Champion
PSN: buttoi_man
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Dash d1+2 works if they don't roll, but it's as difficult as it has been since 5.
Signature aka YOMI
Callestere
Kyu
PSN: Callestere
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I believe you can get a deathfist after it in TR it's pretty painful thinking you can do something after it in TTT2 but you'll just knock them away if you can even mange hitting them. What I think is possible in TR now when you hit CH d/f+4 they can't block out of it like they can in TTT2 if that's the case I hope they keep it that way.