Tekken 7 Zafina Discussion/Changes etc

Page Splits 1...<23456>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 592
From: USA Texas
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Anyone else feel like that b+1 JF is really tight? Been practicing the hell out of it and I still can't get it consistently.
Yea...I can pull off Yoshi's f,f2 JF most of the time, but the timing on B+1 seems ridiculous. Should have left out the chicken monster attack and kept it as a CH launcher.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
so i tested d+3 again, doing d+3 to MNT is -13 but still launch punishable due to extra frames to go to MNT as well as cancelling to standing (since MNT auto blocks low but not mids)

also a correction. d+3 is +2 on hit, i thought it was -1. Zafinas WS+1 traded with Ninas WS+3/WS+1 after which are i13

f+2,3,4 last hit wall bounces

b+3 is +5 on hit

Last edited by Johnnay on Sep 11th, 2019 at 11:19

Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
paladin610
3rd Dan
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 38
From: United States
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
so i tested d+3 again, doing d+3 to MNT is -13 but still launch punishable due to extra frames to go to MNT as well as cancelling to standing (since MNT auto blocks low but not mids)


Zafina's D 3 is -15 normally and -13 in mantis. You don't need to cancel out of it since you can block mids in Mantis stance so most characters can't launch you after a D 3. Also; Mantis does not auto block lows.
Conrad
Champion
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 278
From: USA Missouri
PSN: Disruptr-
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay

omg at d+3

-1 on hit (WS+4 trades with a generic d+4), previously +4 on hit)
-15 on block


d3 is NOT -1 on hit. d3 into ws4 is uninterruptible and cannot be beat by an opponents crouch jab or ws4.


Also MNT 2,1,3~b cancels MNT into standing and is -14 on block
Signature /
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
All the moves that give adv on block that I have so far:

ff+2: +1
uf+1: +4
SCR 1+2: +5
fff+3: +6

Are there any others that I have missed?
Signature
paladin610
3rd Dan
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 38
From: United States
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Are there any others that I have missed?

SCR D 3,3 is +3 on blk. Not particularly useful since its low, high and there's no mid mixup.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Conrad
d3 is NOT -1 on hit. d3 into ws4 is uninterruptible and cannot be beat by an opponents crouch jab or ws4.


Also MNT 2,1,3~b cancels MNT into standing and is -14 on block


Yeah I made another post a few posts up correcting that statement.

On block..

1,4 is -5 ( from -8)

b+3 to MNT is -8

f+2,3 is 0 ( from -1)

f+3 is +3 (from 0),

f+4 is -6 ( from -8)

b+2 is -5 ( from -8)

b+3 is -9 on block ( from -3)

Last edited by Johnnay on Sep 11th, 2019 at 20:24

Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
TRT+4 is i26 so a frame faster

SCR+3+4 is a frame slower to execute at i18

SCR d+4 is i24 ( from i26)
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
Yeah I made another post a few posts up correcting that statement.

On block..

1,4 is -5 ( from -8)

b+3 to MNT is -8

f+2,3 is 0 ( from -1)

f+3 is +3 (from 0),

f+4 is -6 ( from -8)

b+2 is -5 ( from -8)

b+3 is -9 on block ( from -3)
Good stuff, buddy. I think one of the biggest change for her is making MNT df+2 safe - people getting sick with her low game in MNT will eventually get hit by this mid option, I tell you that. SCR df+4 comboing on CH is also quite a deal.

All in all, the more labbing we do, the more I believe she is decent now. Maybe not top tier, but definitely not the bottom either.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the best way to punish Ling's cali roll? With it being -11?

I was testing some stuff out. She gets nothing guaranteed if she uses one of the transitions, so for now I'm thinking 2,2,1+2 or 2,1,3 are the best options but I don't know if that will all connect. Right now I'm liking 2,1,3 because (if the 3 can't be blocked/parried) you can do MNT df+2 if they try to do anything for a free launch but was hoping if anybody had something better.

Last edited by Rezz on Sep 12th, 2019 at 21:10

Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
Good stuff, buddy. I think one of the biggest change for her is making MNT df+2 safe - people getting sick with her low game in MNT will eventually get hit by this mid option, I tell you that. SCR df+4 comboing on CH is also quite a deal.

All in all, the more labbing we do, the more I believe she is decent now. Maybe not top tier, but definitely not the bottom either.


you canít juggle with SCRdf+4 on CH.

You can get a free MNT uf+3 after it though
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
you canít juggle with SCRdf+4 on CH.

You can get a free MNT uf+3 after it though


CH SCR df+4, MNT df+2, 1, ff+2 S! f+2,3,4

or some variation after.

Personally I just stick with CH SCR df+4, MNT df+2, df+1,4 S! ender just to keep it easy. I don't trust strict timing combos online.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
CH SCR df+4, MNT df+2, 1, ff+2 S! f+2,3,4

or some variation after.

Personally I just stick with CH SCR df+4, MNT df+2, df+1,4 S! ender just to keep it easy. I don't trust strict timing combos online.


Ah cool. It looked like you couldnt

All the reason to make MNT df+2 useful. After all it was shit in Tag2



Also

After f+4 on hit she can connect with dB+4,2 for extra damage ( I donít think she could do this in TTT2)

the last hit of df+1,2,1 on CH KNDís differently from the NH Version. Free ff+4 guaranteed after

Zafina has better standing punishment than William Sisters
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
All the moves that give adv on block that I have so far:

ff+2: +1
uf+1: +4
SCR 1+2: +5
fff+3: +6

Are there any others that I have missed?
I believe her SCR 1+2 is +6.
Ff+3 is +4, regardless of whether you choose to go to stance or not. Very good as an oki to keep the pressure as it also hits ground sideroll atempts.
WS+3~SCR is +5 and WS+3~B is -10 (wtf?)
Rage Drive is around +9 - jab trades with d+2.

Df+1,4 wallsplats and you can follow with uf+1, df+1,2>1 for decent 68 dmg or SSL f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! RA if you want bigger dmg and have rage.

Df+3,4 juggles when Zaf has wall to her right - df+3,4, df+1, df+1, f+2,3~SCR 3+4 b+1:1+2 or df+1, df+1,4 S! b+1:1+2, depending on the axis.

1,4 is NC and her most damaging i10 punisher (24), it gives mix-up option from TRT afterwards.
PECA
7th Dan
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 94
From: South Korea
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
MNT 1,3 is jail

D3~MNT +4 in hit. afrer d3, MNT 2 crosscounter about oppo's i10
Signature

대한민국!
PECA
7th Dan
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 94
From: South Korea
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
wall combo : f2,3 MSC 3

after this, MSC 1+2 is jail. same as past
Signature

대한민국!
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
^SCR Not MSC. Iíve never seen anyone use that term here so I was really confused for a moment lol


Originally posted by TokisPL
I believe her SCR 1+2 is +6.
Ff+3 is +4, regardless of whether you choose to go to stance or not. Very good as an oki to keep the pressure as it also hits ground sideroll atempts.
WS+3~SCR is +5 and WS+3~B is -10 (wtf?)
Rage Drive is around +9 - jab trades with d+2.

Df+1,4 wallsplats and you can follow with uf+1, df+1,2>1 for decent 68 dmg or SSL f+2,3 SCR 3+4 S! RA if you want bigger dmg and have rage.

Df+3,4 juggles when Zaf has wall to her right - df+3,4, df+1, df+1, f+2,3~SCR 3+4 b+1:1+2 or df+1, df+1,4 S! b+1:1+2, depending on the axis.

1,4 is NC and her most damaging i10 punisher (24), it gives mix-up option from TRT afterwards.


1,4 was NC in TTT2 so itís not a new change

SCR+1+2 is +6 but opponent is more closer to you on block than in Tag2
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
fugakaka
Expert
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 144
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
I just found a way to do the JF consistently (may not apply to everyone).

Instead of inputting b1 JF1+2, you input b1 f~1+2. Still use a little practice but make the timing easier. I could do RD b1 into JF with this method, which I couldn't do no matter how hard I try previously.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 857
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
A tekken youtuber that I follow did a little guide on how to get better at doing the JF. Also has some cool combos in the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5AAD0dArE&t=191s
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2365
From: Australia
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
So I had to test d+3 to MNT then db to see if it is launch punishable and it is

It may be -13 on block but you can tell that she needs a little bit more extra frames to go to MNT, and although doing MNT, db to standing she can block mids, MNT itself is defenseless against mids and even CPU Opponents have blocked d+3 d and still launched me while i tried to press db after MNT
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56

Page Splits 1...<23456>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump