Tekken 7 Zafina Discussion/Changes etc

Page Splits <12345>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
df+1,4 hits like Nina df+1+2, decent punisher


That's good at the wall but for a i13, I feel like it should do more dmg, especially since she has nothing at i12 and her i10 is not that impressive. Something to punish hopkicks should make the person really think twice about throwing them out.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
That's good at the wall but for a i13, I feel like it should do more dmg, especially since she has nothing at i12 and her i10 is not that impressive. Something to punish hopkicks should make the person really think twice about throwing them out.


indeed. i feel like her standing punishment has improved in ways

but her WS Punishment is the same to me

ive updated the first post for now regarding changes
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
MOAR CHANGES

ff+2 is a CH Launcher

I think second hit of d+1,1 is safer than -13 though ( from other peopleís gameplay)

b+2 S! On CH (nerf)

Death combo

https://youtu.be/4qFUBcXtRiA

DF+1+2 IS SAFEEEEEEE (2:22)

https://youtu.be/yHzgV3apxGQ

Last edited by Johnnay on Sep 10th, 2019 at 01:54

Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
uf+1 no longer KND ON CH. now +4 on block (from +2) and over +9 on hit/CH

MNT+1,4 CH Launch last hit, now can hold d to be in MNT

after b+3 you can hold d to be in MNT

d+1,1 is -12 on block, last hit on CH is much better than T6/TTT2



omg at d+3

-1 on hit (WS+4 trades with a generic d+4), previously +4 on hit)
-15 on block

but its a CH Launcher though

df+1,2 is -13 ( was Launch punishable)

df+1,2,1 is -13 on block ( was -14)

df+1,4 is +12 on hit. zaf b+4 trades with a i10 jab

SCR+1+2 is a beyond class 1 launcher on CH still +6 on block

b+1 no longer CH Launchs now -14 on block ( previously -11)

2,2 is now safe on block (previously -12)

MNT+1+2 is -13 on block

df+4,1 is -13 on block from -12, forces crouchs on block

df+4,2 is -13 on block

df+3,d+4 is -14 on block ( from -17)

b+1+2 is -17 on block ( from -22), now -2 on hit ( from -7)



ff+2 is still +1
ff+4 is still safe, thank god,
SS+1+2 is the same
b+4,4 is still -14


post any more i missed

Last edited by Johnnay on Sep 10th, 2019 at 08:43

Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Some combo suggestions I found on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yRIYMrhc8

One thing I noted was he used SCR 3+4 a lot to S! In TTT2 I know there was a better option for her combos so I'm wondering if you can use ff+2 instead for more dmg.
Signature
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
uf+1 no longer KND ON CH. now +4 on block (from +2) and over +9 on hit/CH

MNT+1,4 CH Launch last hit, now can hold d to be in MNT

after b+3 you can hold d to be in MNT

d+1,1 is -12 on block, last hit on CH is much better than T6/TTT2



omg at d+3

-1 on hit (WS+4 trades with a generic d+4), previously +4 on hit)
-15 on block

but its a CH Launcher though

df+1,2 is -13 ( was Launch punishable)

df+1,2,1 is -13 on block ( was -14)

df+1,4 is +12 on hit. zaf b+4 trades with a i10 jab

SCR+1+2 is a beyond class 1 launcher on CH still +6 on block

b+1 no longer CH Launchs now -14 on block ( previously -11)

2,2 is now safe on block (previously -12)

MNT+1+2 is -13 on block

df+4,1 is -13 on block from -12, forces crouchs on block

df+4,2 is -13 on block

df+3,d+4 is -14 on block ( from -17)

b+1+2 is -17 on block ( from -22), now -2 on hit ( from -7)



ff+2 is still +1
ff+4 is still safe, thank god,
SS+1+2 is the same
b+4,4 is still -14


post any more i missed


I cried a little on the inside reading b+1 is now -14. That used to be my go move for CH fishing in ttt2.

I cried a lot on the inside reading d+3 is -1 on hit. For fuck sake... why?


Do you know how unsafe d+1 is?

Do you know if df+4,2 is NC?
Signature
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Folks, good news! D+3 MNT is only - 13, you can still juggle and only Kaz can launch. Moreover, it's +4, trading MNT d+3 (i15) with their WS+4 (i11). If they push anything MNT 2,1,4 CHs for full spin combo. We're home boys!

Df+4,2 is NC.
D+1 is at least -16, but (d+1)CH 1 gives full juggle now and is -12.

This is the best Zafina we have ever had.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
Folks, good news! D+3 MNT is only - 13, you can still juggle and only Kaz can launch. Moreover, it's +4, trading MNT d+3 (i15) with their WS+4 (i11). If they push anything MNT 2,1,4 CHs for full spin combo. We're home boys!

Df+4,2 is NC.
D+1 is at least -16, but (d+1)CH 1 gives full juggle now and is -12.

This is the best Zafina we have ever had.


Kaz, Josie and Eddy.
Signature
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
Kaz, Josie and Eddy.
Fortunately you're wrong 😋 - Josie's WS+2 does not connect despite being mid and Edd's Ws+1 is a high. It's been like that since TTT2, where Bruce couldn't punish too. Check for yourself. 😉

Originally posted by Johnnay
uf+1 no longer KND ON CH. now +4 on block (from +2) and over +9 on hit/CH

MNT+1,4 CH Launch last hit, now can hold d to be in MNT
Uf+1 is still +1. What do you mean by: MNT+1,4 CH Launch last hit, now can hold d to be in MNT?
Originally posted by Johnnay
after b+3 you can hold d to be in MNT
Good find, safe and forces crouch. Gotta check advantage to see what options she has out of MNT.
Originally posted by Johnnay
df+1,2,1 is -13 on block ( was -14)
Any ideas on follow-ups after 3rd hit CH? Other then obvious b+3? B+1 does not connect as JF.
Originally posted by Johnnay
df+1,4 is +12 on hit. zaf b+4 trades with a i10 jab
Woah, this might open some offense! Back to testing.
Originally posted by Johnnay
b+1 no longer CH Launchs now -14 on block ( previously -11)
There's no application for this move anymore outside of being combo ender and floor/wall break follow-up. I am not going to miss it, though.
Originally posted by Johnnay
MNT+1+2 is -13 on block
It might be worthwhile, as together with b+3 it's around 50 dmg.
Originally posted by Johnnay
df+4,2 is -13 on block
I don't see why would one use this move. Any ideas?
Originally posted by Johnnay
b+1+2 is -17 on block ( from -22), now -2 on hit ( from -7)
THIS! Impossible to block on reaction, hard to punish at tip range, forces crouch and gives so many new options, e.g. on hit they do WS+4 - you step into df+2 = juggle.

Last edited by TokisPL on Sep 10th, 2019 at 14:59

Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
Fortunately you're wrong 😋 - Josie's WS+2 does not connect despite being mid and Edd's Ws+1 is a high. It's been like that since TTT2, where Bruce couldn't punish too. Check for yourself. 😉

Uf+1 is still +1. What do you mean by: MNT+1,4 CH Launch last hit, now can hold d to be in MNT?
Good find, safe and forces crouch. Gotta check advantage to see what options she has out of MNT.
Any ideas on follow-ups after 3rd hit CH? Other then obvious b+3? B+1 does not connect as JF.
Woah, this might open some offense! Back to testing.
There's no application for this move anymore outside of being combo ender and floor/wall break follow-up. I am not going to miss it, though.
It might be worthwhile, as together with b+3 it's around 50 dmg.
I don't see why would one use this move. Any ideas?
THIS! Impossible to block on reaction, hard to punish at tip range, forces crouch and gives so many new options, e.g. on hit they do WS+4 - you step into df+2 = juggle.


Uf+1 is +4 now on block. And if you want to say itís still +1, it was +2 in T6/TTT2

the last hit of MNT+1,4 S! on CH and you can hold d to still be in MNT

And by the way I did put that d+3 is -15, because I punished it with Ninaís WS+3 and the word punish came on the screen, where are you getting -13 from. And that itís -1 on hit not +4. Test again
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
And by the way I did put that d+3 is -15, because I punished it with Ninaís WS+3 and the word punish came on the screen, where are you getting -13 from. And that itís -1 on hit not +4. Test again


In S2 they changed Nina's ws+3 to i13.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
In S2 they changed Nina's ws+3 to i13.


Whoops I meant WS+2, I typed a bit too quick

I punished d+3 with Ninaís WS+2 and the word punish showed up on the screen

And d+3 to MNT is even more launch punishable considering MNT is defenseless against mids (besides MNT+1+2)
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
TokisPL
4th Dan
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
From: Poland
PSN: Tokis_PL
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
Uf+1 is +4 now on block. And if you want to say itís still +1, it was +2 in T6/TTT2

the last hit of MNT+1,4 S! on CH and you can hold d to still be in MNT

And by the way I did put that d+3 is -15, because I punished it with Ninaís WS+3 and the word punish came on the screen, where are you getting -13 from. And that itís -1 on hit not +4. Test again

Hmm, it could be +2 in the past, it's been a while. I did check a moment ago and now after uf+1 on block, their jab trades with Zaf's d+1, so based on my calculation it's +2 not +4.

There's no move like MNT 1,4 - there's MNT 1,3 to SCR (which btw can be canceled with ~B) and it does not go into MNT. Unless you meant MNT d+1,4? This would make sense.

As for d+3 there are two options: d+3 ending in neutral, being -15 and D+3 ending in MNT, being -13. The latter can be launched by Kaz's i13 WS+1,2, but Bob's i14 WS+2 won't work. In MNT you can block mids and lows, if you have frames.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
I was hoping that f+3 would at least be able to punish Hei's ff+2 and/or deathfist, but nope. 1+2,4 does seem to punish deathfist consistantly though. Not sure if it could in ttt2.
Signature
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
Hmm, it could be +2 in the past, it's been a while. I did check a moment ago and now after uf+1 on block, their jab trades with Zaf's d+1, so based on my calculation it's +2 not +4.

There's no move like MNT 1,4 - there's MNT 1,3 to SCR (which btw can be canceled with ~B) and it does not go into MNT. Unless you meant MNT d+1,4? This would make sense.

As for d+3 there are two options: d+3 ending in neutral, being -15 and D+3 ending in MNT, being -13. The latter can be launched by Kaz's i13 WS+1,2, but Bob's i14 WS+2 won't work. In MNT you can block mids and lows, if you have frames.


Yes I meant MNT d+1,4

Iím out of the home so I will retest when I come back.. this reminds me of Anna when I unlocked her back in the day so the frames may be a little bit stuffed early on but it manages itself later on
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone else feel like that b+1 JF is really tight? Been practicing the hell out of it and I still can't get it consistently.
Signature
Rezz
Dragon Lord
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 855
From: USA New York
PSN: RezzEternal
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Can confirm her RD is 14f.

There was an issue where the 2nd hit of SCR 3+4 was whiffing in the combo after I punished a move with ws+1+2. Was fighting Katarina if that makes any difference.

I don't like that CH SCR 2,2 doesn't launch. The first hit launches on CH but the 2nd hit just spikes.
Signature
paladin610
3rd Dan
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 38
From: United States
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TokisPL
I did check a moment ago and now after uf+1 on block, their jab trades with Zaf's d+1, so based on my calculation it's +2 not +4.


U/F 1 is +4 on block. If you block Zafina's U/F 1 your jab will trade with her D/F 3 and her F 4, which are both 14 frames and her D 1 will beat out your jab.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2364
From: Australia
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by paladin610
U/F 1 is +4 on block. If you block Zafina's U/F 1 your jab will trade with her D/F 3 and her F 4, which are both 14 frames and her D 1 will beat out your jab.


Thank god it wasnít just me who tested it out
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
paladin610
3rd Dan
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 38
From: United States
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Zafina's B 1+3/2+4 power crush/ reversal has armor on the 6th frame and, from what I tested, will hit your opponent if they throw any attack (excluding lows and grabs) but a single jab. Its also safe on block if they do manage to block it after attacking.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03

Page Splits <12345>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump