TTT2 Alisa General Discussion

Page Splits 1...<567
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Raven
Berserker
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Alisa is probably the easiest character to pick up. Her core gameplay is very basic.
Signature "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win."
MishimaReject
Kyu
PSN: TheMishimaReject
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
From the couple of hours i've played Alisa I've really liked her in TTT2, as a fairly new player the only character that i've been able to play consistently well with is her and it still seems to be the same. My partner in TTT2 is Bruce and I like him too, Jinpachi being my close third choice Your inputs are much appreciated. Thanks
Signature [jc] [trueogre]
Namco hates each and every one of you... except you lars, jaycee, feng and lei.
Furb
5th Dan
PSN: FurbPL
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
Man. I really like Alisa in TTT2, but my last games made me wanna drop her... She have many good tools, but there are some moments that i feel like I don't have any tools to suprise my opponent. They just need to backdash and do standing guard. d/b+3 is not very rewarding tool. Maybe I feel like this beacause i'm too impatient and not turtling very well. So I'm afraid I'll have to switch to some cheap shit like Lars/Bruce or lose a life and practice Mishimas till I die... I'm so pissed >.<
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Furb
Man. I really like Alisa in TTT2, but my last games made me wanna drop her... She have many good tools, but there are some moments that i feel like I don't have any tools to suprise my opponent. They just need to backdash and do standing guard. d/b+3 is not very rewarding tool. Maybe I feel like this beacause i'm too impatient and not turtling very well. So I'm afraid I'll have to switch to some cheap shit like Lars/Bruce or lose a life and practice Mishimas till I die... I'm so pissed >.<

Just be patient and poke them to death. Alisa doesn't really have that many high damage tools, but her pokes are above average. Turtle and poke all day.
Signature
Jelo
PSN: JeloSwe
#125 “Quote” Edit Post

I feel you. This is part why I don't play Alisa so much anymore. BUT there is at least one thing you can do against a turtle. Dash all the way in, he's not attacking anyway so.. then do the mixup of FC,DF+1+2 or WS+1+2. Aside from throws which are pitiful in Alisa's case this is the only worthy mixup when an opponent decides to just block. Once they realize you are actually doing some real damage with FC,DF+1+2 staying +5 on hit whilst just being -11 on block, you can even enter into here chainsaw stance. They'll likely think twice before they let you in. Back dashing won't work either if you run all the way in. So then they'll have to try and side step, which is not possible against WS1+2 as it's homing. Now they will have to either guess or TADA!!! attack to keep you out, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! Now it's Whiff Punishing and Counter Hit Time and all is well
Signature What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or crippled.
Furb
5th Dan
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
I know all the theory of Alisa's gameplay. I love to play against turtles. I just can't play against cheap mixup's and senseless offence with CH launchers everywere. Turtling with Alisa is the best option when you know every mixup, have awsome bdc and you're able to break about 50 or more % of grabs. If you, can't do everything I mentioned, you're just going to pretend that you're playing, waiting for cheap mixups with CH launchers (beacause you know them, and defending against them, which is bad, cause Alisa have a little decent punishment comparing to other characters). Overall, I believe Alisa is a character ONLY for turtling when you have great movement and know more than 90% of moves in the game. Any other way of playing with Alisa relies on gimmicks, which is not working since first 6 months from T6 release and you don't stand a chance at tournament. Sorry for such a scrubby post, but I'm very salty for now. I'm just probably not a turtlelike player, and can't use her at tournaments.

IMO
Jelo
PSN: JeloSwe
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Furb, how come Chanel does so well with Alisa without any gimmics then? I see plenty of matches where he doesn't use db3 to win.

From my experience visiting Green Arcade in Korea, the moment you start attacking Alisa is when you die. Everything whiffs! Granted here back dash is slightly worse than T6 it's still good. But what I died from most was them Alisa sidestepping me in to df2 or b3+4. Here punishment isn't not to bad just not the best. Here 11 is very nice and she can also punish a few thing with here bf2 that other can just dream of.

Here is how I see Namco balancing things in Tekken: If Alisa has good movement and can turtle, then they give here an equally bad offensive. Just as hard as it is for the opponent to attack Alisa it becomes as easy to turtle against here.
Lili as another example, has great sidestep so naturally they make here equally linear, thus reducing the tracking on the majority of here moves.

Alisa is more of a hit and run character and evade and punish than anything else, but because Namco toned down there movement a bit to make it more fun to play against here, they also gave here a nice CH option with here basic 4 so she doesn't need to only rely on basic movement to beat an attacking opponent.

The moment I feel is the hardest with Alisa is when you are low on life, time's running out and the opponent still has plenty, that's when it's really hard to do damage on a standing opponent as db4 is see-able by most, d3+4 impossible and FLY 3 very risky and doesn't do enough damage. I'd say you have to dash up and do the FC mixup or abuse db3.

If you want a rush down character, maybe Alisa isn't for you, I'd personally recommend JC as my favorite of the girls.
Signature What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or crippled.
Furb
5th Dan
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Chanel is a korean player. Insane backdash cancel, high ratio of grab breaks, big knowledge. I don't have backdash like this so i'm getting hit by random range shit. I'm afraid to duck randomly, beacause I know that may cost me around 70% of health + oki. That makes me vulnerable to mixups and I'll have to guess. But know we're talking about general Tekken strats. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to say that Alisa is weak or super complex character. She's very simple to use, but her gameplay requires expirience and super movement... or just duck randomly, and maybe you're going to win something ;p. I just lost my faith in Alisa as tournament character at low-average level. This makes me sad, because I was playing her almost whole T6 era and I really like her TTT2 buffs. Looks like I just need some more high risk - high reward character, or just let the salt flow ;p.

Last edited by Furb on Oct 8th, 2012 at 22:50

azL
3rd Dan
PSN: azL-365
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Furb I know your feeling, one of the reasons I refused to learn Alisa was cause my movement (BDC) wasn't good enough so I felt like I would be wasting time If I chose to play her. But instead of whining and thinking up excuses I actually learnt BDC and picked her up (which was easy) and have been having ALOT of fun with her. Just love out poking people, but this also has its downsides as you know. So instead of feeling salty.. Start practicing breaking grabs.. Start practicing BDC&SS (Alisa REALLY needs movement to be good..) and start gathering knowledge slowly by atleast TRYING to punish simple stuff with 1,1. There is almost no reason not to. I can tell you it pays off man. Just keep at it! Even breaking 3/8 feels very satisfying compared to 0/8 ya know what I mean? OR atleast trying to bdc and learn how to use it in real matches feels more satisfying than the usual SS~bB~SS~bB etc.. Now I know my post wasn't very well structured but I hope It will atleast help you a little
Signature Escuchala... la ciudad respirando.
dr4g0n
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
@Furb: Personally, I am a character loyallist, and I've played Alisa since mid BR days, when I started playing Tekken.

Yes, she is worse in this game. Yes, she is not as simple to play as in BR, regardless, I feel like she's still a good character. Your movement does need to be on point, but even more so, you REALLY need to be on point with reading your opponent. I need to adjust my playstyle against every opponent I come across when playing Alisa. Yes, the general poking game works, but ~90% of the time, your opponent can land one random launcher and screw over all of your hard work.

My point here, I suppose, is that you can poke away, and all, but you also need to have a good idea of what their response is going to be and when to back off.

The one thing that does really annoy me about TTT2 Alisa is the fact that her punishers are still bad. I crave a decent i12 punisher
Signature Requirements for PA: Must tie shoelaces, and give head

FC.df1+2; uf1+2

...CLOSE ENOUGH
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
I just lost my faith in Alisa as tournament character at low-average level. This makes me sad, because I was playing her almost whole T6 era and I really like her TTT2 buffs. Looks like I just need some more high risk - high reward character, or just let the salt flow ;p.

Here is the thing Alisa does not really have A good mixup game when playing her you dont get the sensation the feeling that you where tricked or insanely mind gamed. All She has is a poke game a 10 frame punisher and essentially a ws4 I can count the amount of times I have punished a low with a ws+2 because its not like every low is that bad on block. You just got to be very patient and poke.
Johnny12
Kyu
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
guys I need to know something. You folk seem you be quite familiar with Alisa. I've read thay Alisa has an item move which creates a blue barrier. How do you do that? Plz someone tell me.
Signature I don't always play Tekken, but when I do I don't stop.
non-legitturtle
Shihan
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jelo
Okay so I have a question: I've seen it happen in TTT2 prologue that when Alisa get hit by laser from DVJ or Kaz, instead of falling to the ground she can keep standing and holding her hands in the air, much like when Jack get hit by lasers. What it the command to do this?

EDIT: I was wrong, it's 1 and 2