Page Splits 1...<567
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
iMeh
Iron Fist God
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Shit now I have a new problem

Just fought a Lili with beastly movement, rarely hit her. Couldn't think of any moves to use.
Signature Different.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
PSN: aAo-kpc
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
can you describe what she was using against you?

as for her movement, make her come to you. She has a problem against people that step to her right, your left, not even her uf3 can track that. while I believe she does have a few moves that track that way, stepping left then blocking should help you greatly

as for blocking her

uf3- you get b1,2
crouch dash 1,2 (elbow to arm thrust)- you get b1,2
df2- you get 1,2
ws2- you get b1,2
make sure to gut check her if you block the sweep
at mid range she can use the cartwheel to whiff punish or to try and mix you up. try not to be too hasty after blocking the first cartwheel because more likely then not she is going to beat you out

while she is BT, all punches she does are safe and they range from high to mid so be smart about ducking.
if she does 4 (backroll with the 2 kicks) thats -11 but she can finish it with backflips kicks (3+4), if thats blocked then she is still unsafe but only -10
bt d3,4 (low to mid)- you get b1,2
bt 3+4 2 (twisting flip to the punch)- if she does only the first part she is safe but if she completes the punch its a b1,2 for you

IMO she is a whiff punishing and mix up character, that means dont go all crazy on your offense because one slip up and your in the air, at the same time try not to be contantly in her offensive game since you might fall for one of her set ups atleast 1 time which is enough to get in your head.
Signature be predictable, apply your make up
attack without precision, practice with those of lesser skill
be impatient, learn from scrubs who are better than you
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/li...en-6-frame-data

b+1,2 against d/f+2 and ws+2?

If you are gonna give pointers better check it up before you post. I always do that to make sure.

There you have her frame data.

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
My apologies I was assuming it was 12f punish Got it mixed up.

And I only said it for ws2
iMeh
Iron Fist God
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
When I was fighting the guy, it seemed like he kept sidestepping right...

Thanks kPc, great help.
Signature Different.
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
f4 should be your friend against that sort of thing as well as ub1.
I think df2 and df3 should stop them as well
bloodfire1004
Kyu
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi!

How do you deal with pitbull / sidesteppers? For example, Nina with her pressure jabs and lows then when I try to counter with d+1 or my own jab, they sidestep then just launch me. King has slow moves and the fast ones that he has I noticed can be sidestepped. Sometimes I try to use df+1 or df+2, but I get punished with jabs (either before it lands or when it is blocked) What should I do when they do this?

Additionally, are there any tips on using d+3+4 -> 4, 4 / 2 (the low kicks to possible spin punch)? I think its a bad move but I cant stop myself from using it.

Thanks!

Last edited by bloodfire1004 on Aug 29th, 2011 at 13:45

Snap
Where's the cheese?
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Dealing with pitbulls really depends on the opposing character as well as your own skill level. The only real advice is to not panic and analyse what's hitting you. For eg. what can you do if Nina is mixing df+1,2_d+4,1~ss or something like that. Break it down into components.

What can you do against the df+1,2? Well, you can try to outspace it. If the df+1 whiffs, you can duck the 2 for a quick ws+4 or even hopkick (if they're not in the habit of continuing the string which is a lot of h). swr isn't bad either iirc.

What can you do against d+4 strings? Well, the follow-ups are either low or high so be sure to duck if it's non-CH. If she cancels the 1 into ss+2, you can hopkick the bitch. d+1 interrupt would be a terrible idea here as her ss+2 will at least hit you and possible CH for launch.

Reading their movelist and looking for the weakpoints be they duckable, ss-able, reversable, interruptable or punishable is paramount in dealing with pitbulls. The rest if up to your own defensive skills and reflexes.

SS-ers? SS-ers rely on you to panic and throw out whiffs. d+1 is a terrible tracking tool. If you want to try to catch ss-ers at close range, d+4 tracks a bit better although it still has its weakness (can still get crushed for eg). Frankly, the best thing to do against ss-ers is to ss with them and/or do nothing. Let them throw out something that can whiff or be punished. A ss is only effective if there's a whiff to be capitalised upon and only you can feed them that whiff.

d+3+4 string should strictly only be used in guaranteed oki situation (eg after air-GS) or as a sneaky, long range round-ender. It's not a bad move, it simply has very specific uses. In the latter case, avoid the final 2 if the d+3+4 is enough as the 2 launch-punishable.
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
Blocked df+1 is a good thing for you. It forces them into crouch and a small mix up of the followup mid 2 or (typically) a buffered throw. If the df+1>2 hits, you can be mean and continue with df+1>2_mixup again as a kind of pressure loop. Just always delay that 2 for safety and mix those mids with buffered throws.

Blocked df+2 for you is nothing special. You're -6 which means you can't throw out anything, but most players are ready to duck the followup 1 so they don't try to retaliate and just fuzzy guard (tap db for a fraction to duck then return to standing block). What I do often is df+2 (blocked) then GS them on the return from fuzzy guard. Risky, so keep what you do after a blocked df+2 varied. Just don't make it a habit to spam df+2,1. You. Will. Die.
bloodfire1004
Kyu
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the advice Snap! Ill keep this in mind next time I play. Seems that bad habits (such as completing strings like d+3+4,2 or df+2,1) is hard to avoid but Ill try to do better.