Master
PSN: Wocdam
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Translated frame Data for those who prefer that :
http://rbnorway.org/master-raven-t7-frames/
ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Does the new b+4,4 (m,h) Jail? If not, how would you guys feel to keep the mid option and make the high option b+4,f+4. With that "Developer Section" coming into on the Tekken website this would be a suggestion.

This is just a nit pick but MR says "Die" after some moves and after the Rage Art.... I find it a bit silly since... the opponent doesn't die... anybody have better ideas that MR should say instead other than "Die" or is that fine. Maybe go anime and call out her move name? "BLIND GHost.." that seems even more silly.... or go "HAZE 4" xD

WOuld it be OP if she could teleport behind the opponent? It could have similar mechancs to Yoshi's....

Last edited by ELMantisShrimp on Apr 11th, 2017 at 00:18

Baron West
Iron Fist God
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ELMantisShrimp
Does the new b+4,4 (m,h) Jail? If not, how would you guys feel to keep the mid option and make the high option b+4,f+4. With that "Developer Section" coming into on the Tekken website this would be a suggestion.

This is just a nit pick but MR says "Die" after some moves and after the Rage Art.... I find it a bit silly since... the opponent doesn't die... anybody have better ideas that MR should say instead other than "Die" or is that fine. Maybe go anime and call out her move name? "BLIND GHost.." that seems even more silly.... or go "HAZE 4" xD

WOuld it be OP if she could teleport behind the opponent? It could have similar mechancs to Yoshi's....

Not sure if the new b+4,4 jails, but I wouldn't mind the changes you suggest. However, if I had my choice of changes to Maven, I would rather have df+4 launch standing opponents, or have an i15 df+2.

I don't care much for Master Raven's voice overall, but at least the archetype is still in the game. As a substitute for die she could say any number of things(most of which are from Soul Calibur); Fall, Lay Down, Submit, Yield, Surrender, Disappear, Vanish...et cetera.

Teleporting behind the opponent is only good if she has significant frame advantage. I think db+2~F going into the backflip could be useful, or HAZ 1+2 hitting grounded would be good. However it is too easy to start making a wishlist. That should be it's own topic, and probably wait until after the game has been released. Namco already knows Raven needs an i15 launcher and that some of the T6 nerfs (qcf1 and B+1) weren't really necessary.
Signature The danger's real enough. Let's not imagine it where it doesn't exist.

ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh those Soul Calibur things would be sweet.

Yeah it should be a topic of its own. I bring up this wishlist because of that Developer Squad, announced in the TekkenTalk where Eddy & the Bears appeared, that is coming to the Tekken website.

We will be able to talk to the developers and I assume that we can pitch in changes to characters to developers directly through the "Developer Squad."
radical_spike
Shihan
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know answer for my question? Please.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
Master Raven All Launchers

Normal Hit
df+2
QCF2
ws1
QCF4
f,F+3
uf+3+4
3~4
4~3
4~3:3
ufN4
SDW 1+2
SDW f,F+3+4
SDW uf+4
SDW d+3
SDW 3+4
HAZ 1
df+4 (vs Crouching Opponent)
df+1+4 (ground break)
f+3+4,2 (Rage Drive)
(df+4,4)3
(u/f+3+4)f+4~3
(b+4, b+4, 3) f+4~3
(u/b_ u+3, d+3) 3

Counter Hit
df+3
ws2
QCF1
uf+3
f,f,N,3+4
(uf+3+4)4
HAZ 3
SDW b+2,3
FCdf+3+4

Is there anything major left out of this list?
Signature The danger's real enough. Let's not imagine it where it doesn't exist.

ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+3 on CH? Or is still just on crouching opponents?

Big News According to MrAdam0 - from discord:
fc df3+4 got nerfed
no longer RA on NH, got a new animation in the eddy build
no news yet on CH and other followups
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
CH still gives launch, none of the other followups work though, so you risk getting nothing when only doing the first hit of fc df3+4
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
Disappointing news on the nerf. I don't suppose Maven got any buffs, like i15 df+2, NCc 334, launching qcf3, or BR cH b+1?

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
Not that I know of, but not much has been tested yet.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
Disappointing news on the nerf. I don't suppose Maven got any buffs, like i15 df+2, NCc 334, launching qcf3, or BR cH b+1?
Like Adam said, it doesn't appear to be the case although I'd kill for his BR CH b+1 again.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
DYNA$TY
Deity
PSN: Akushitsu
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Haz 1+2 hits grounded at the wall.
Originally posted by Baron West
Not sure if the new b+4,4 jails, but I wouldn't mind the changes you suggest. However, if I had my choice of changes to Maven, I would rather have df+4 launch standing opponents, or have an i15 df+2.

I don't care much for Master Raven's voice overall, but at least the archetype is still in the game. As a substitute for die she could say any number of things(most of which are from Soul Calibur); Fall, Lay Down, Submit, Yield, Surrender, Disappear, Vanish...et cetera.

Teleporting behind the opponent is only good if she has significant frame advantage. I think db+2~F going into the backflip could be useful, or HAZ 1+2 hitting grounded would be good. However it is too easy to start making a wishlist. That should be it's own topic, and probably wait until after the game has been released. Namco already knows Raven needs an i15 launcher and that some of the T6 nerfs (qcf1 and B+1) weren't really necessary.
Signature Team Next Generation
Dark_Ky
1st Dan
PSN: Dark_Ky
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
I wanna pick up Raven but first I would like to know what her general gameplay is.

could u guys give me small rundown on how to Raven?

Top 10 moves? ^^
Signature Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
ZaibatsuXiaoyu
Iron Fist God
PSN: TSA-PATDOWN
XBL: ToneOfARC
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
New to Raven so I feel like I'm starting from scratch which is pretty unsettling for me.

How are we supposed to be breaking them open? Her lows arent the best I'm just trying to figure out how to get her nonsense started.

Also BT shenanigans...I need help all across the board here..

Im also lost on how to close the gap should I be using f+2,4? I feel like its slightly neutral/negative is ff+3 a better option??

From playing tekken almost 20 years I just dont have faith in pressure when high crush completely invalidates characters like Raven with faux pressure if you know how and when to duck.
Ryder052
6th Dan
PSN: Ryder0252
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
You should try 3~4 and 3~4F m8 for closing in

I'm also new to Raven, but she has really great mixup potential and she's so satisfying to learn
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dark_Ky
I wanna pick up Raven but first I would like to know what her general gameplay is.

could u guys give me small rundown on how to Raven?

Top 10 moves? ^^

She's somewhat a hit and run, spacing character. You can play your game at a distance, baiting your opponent to whiff. She's strong on whiff punishment but her block punishment game is subpar. She's tricky to approach because of her movement options, good hitboxes and ninja antics. So you've got to play Raven with this mentality. If you're coming in complaining that her d/f+2 is too slow or she doesn't have any quick wallsplat options, you are playing the wrong character.

For Top 10. Could probably make a separate thread.

Originally posted by ZaibatsuXiaoyu
New to Raven so I feel like I'm starting from scratch which is pretty unsettling for me.

How are we supposed to be breaking them open? Her lows arent the best I'm just trying to figure out how to get her nonsense started.

Also BT shenanigans...I need help all across the board here..

Im also lost on how to close the gap should I be using f+2,4? I feel like its slightly neutral/negative is ff+3 a better option??

From playing tekken almost 20 years I just dont have faith in pressure when high crush completely invalidates characters like Raven with faux pressure if you know how and when to duck.

Her lows are fine. d+3 short range, but unreactable low poke. Learn how to do lows out of crouch dash. qcf,d,d/f+3, has really long range and relatively low risk. Also, qcf,d,d/f+3+4,4, high risk but high damage low off of crouch dash. All of her crouch dash lows can be mixed with her WS moves and standing mids from crouch dash, WS1 (launcher), and WS2 (safe, CH launcher) and there's qcf,n,d/f+1 or qcf,n,d/b+2... you have to decide how risky you want to play though. There's also d/b+4, relatively hard to react to sweep, KND on CH, high crushes. And d/b+3 while situational, is a low crushing low, it's only -11 on block but +4 or +5 on hit, and leaves you crouching, giving you a 50/50 situation in their face.

Also you don't close the gap with gimmicks, you close with movement. Use the fact you have both a dash and a crouch dash to close space... Even then, playing as Raven, the idea isn't really to get in their face and run mixups. It's to play outside of opp range, move in and out then use mindgames with crouch dash and SDW stance.
Ryder052
6th Dan
PSN: Ryder0252
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
Even then, playing as Raven, the idea isn't really to get in their face and run mixups. It's to play outside of opp range, move in and out then use mindgames with crouch dash and SDW stance.

Mixups are mind games, and whatever you do with crouch dash or SDW is at their face
Gandido
Test Before You Post
PSN: Gandido787
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KNITEMAREX
Her lows are fine. d+3 short range, but unreactable low poke. Learn how to do lows out of crouch dash. qcf,d,d/f+3, has really long range and relatively low risk. Also, qcf,d,d/f+3+4,4, high risk but high damage low off of crouch dash. All of her crouch dash lows can be mixed with her WS moves and standing mids from crouch dash, WS1 (launcher), and WS2 (safe, CH launcher) and there's qcf,n,d/f+1 or qcf,n,d/b+2... you have to decide how risky you want to play though. There's also d/b+4, relatively hard to react to sweep, KND on CH, high crushes. And d/b+3 while situational, is a low crushing low, it's only -11 on block but +4 or +5 on hit, and leaves you crouching, giving you a 50/50 situation in their face.

Also you don't close the gap with gimmicks, you close with movement. Use the fact you have both a dash and a crouch dash to close space... Even then, playing as Raven, the idea isn't really to get in their face and run mixups. It's to play outside of opp range, move in and out then use mindgames with crouch dash and SDW stance.

Careful with those inputs. If you go all the way up to QCF, when you press d/f, you will get a d/f+3 instead. You're better off just performing the crouch dash with just d, d/f, and holding d/f to get the low. This is the same concept involved in getting M.Raven's iWS moves out of CD.

She has AWESOME lows, and many of them per se. A lot of characters can't launch punish d/b+4, so at 21 damage, it becomes an AMAZING low due to how much frame advantage it gives now. You have to make them be on the lookout for all of the other ones so they become "unseeable". Plus she has such a plethora of mids that it's pretty hard for them to want to duck.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
KNITEMAREX
Lone Wolf
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
True. Though I'm saying don't do that initially till you've established that a player will respect you after certain actions. Since a lot of the times her upclose game will get beat by fast or crushing mids like hopkicks.