Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Keeper of the CRANE
lol @ Julias wallgame beeing "much better" than Jacks....do you not know Jacks wallgame or do you just really, really, really like to downtalk your own character?

Julias wallgame is pretty good, though. Watch when they space/backdash when your back is against the wall, chances are good they?ll try to 4~1,2 you. If they finish it and you block, d/f+2. You might go for LP if they can consistantly hit-confirm it.
Some Julia players also do FCdf+2 (?? I think, its a mid elbow that wall-stuns) as a mid option. That stuff is -13 or so, so 2,1 or 2...mixup that.

Julia has just as good a wallgame as Jack. Although it's distance dependent 4~1,2 is a fast wallsplat. If you start to duck, she has punishable wallsplat mids like f,f+3 or she can f,f+1,4 and either get a free f,f+2 or d/f+3+4 float into w! depending on wall angle. Her WS game is no joke either, another m_l wallsplat mixup and safer poke options.

Jack has really good mid wallsplat options, but no low other than D/B+1, which is really solid, but it's easier to fuzzy guard by tapping d/b then immediately blocking m or low parry then block mid. Still a scary wallgame but Jack's is safer with slightly less reward where Julia is unsafe but highly damaging.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
Jack vs. Bryan?

What do you guys think about this match-up?
I abuse his Jab to keep Bryan out and d/f+1, with f,f+1 pressure, I don't do many lows in this match-up because of Orbital Heel

Jack can't deal with b+1, slash kick pressure, Bryan can slash kick you all way to the wall, so you have to guess pretty much jab to get a float, otherwise you will get CH B+1

Last edited by Dr. Cola on Aug 25th, 2011 at 04:24

Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
XBL: Zoidberg747
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
What about the Raven matchup? I faced a player four times in a row the other day, he really was tough. Is there certain moves of his to look out for, that are maybe easily punishable? I know he has a low launcher that got me a lot.
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
XBL: Zoidberg747
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
What about the Raven matchup? I faced a player four times in a row the other day, he really was tough. Is there certain moves of his to look out for, that are maybe easily punishable? I know he has a low launcher that got me a lot.
popsoda
Warrior
PSN: Tefeckta
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zoidberg747

lots of sidestep, 2, ff+1 and d/f+2 will destroy most Ravens
Signature When you see Jack, get scared...??
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
PSN: SlayersliceNL
XBL: Slayerslice
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven isn't tough for Jack, he has this backflip that launches if he hits you, as a keep-out move. However against Jack it's punishable by 2,1. Backdash create some space between you and him, and drop some f,f+1's on him, don't be too aggressive though, his f,f+3 launches on hit, but is punishable with 2,1 if you block it. I don't know Ravens notations on his moves, but I have quite the Raven experience.
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
KiwE
Warrior
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
Why is Lars a bad matchup for Jack and why is Bruce? Which character is the toughest to face of those two?
Signature Listen to my latest DJset (Electro/House) @
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBHCx1
popsoda
Warrior
PSN: Tefeckta
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
what can you do against a lilli who spams out the d/f+3+4's?

It seems completely unpunishable yet it crushes has huge range and leads to a really damaging combo.
Signature When you see Jack, get scared...??
enko
Lone Wolf
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
I am a beginner with Jack. If you block a low, what is a good punisher that Jack can use?