Page Splits 1...<345
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ghirlanda
Berserker
PSN: Tm-ghirlanda
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
it's one of the worst. he can punish both ff2(21) and ff4(f1+2)...i recomend use df4 and altough it's not the safest thing to do, sometimes you can try uf1+2 or ufn4, making your opponent scary to use db1. punish df2 with df12, 21 is not so reliable specially on long distance. sometimes you can try df1_d2 spam. he's not so good to step...never whiff, his got the best whiff punish in the game(df2).
my personal chdf2 juggle(not the best, but easy to do and with long wall carry, chdf2 1+2 12roc1+2!Bfcdf2_ws4_d1n2) doesn't work. you should use df2 ws2 f432!B agf
ff2 will pass under f2, not the best jack move anyway...it's really a difficult match up, at least for me.
one thing you must do is learn to see and punish db2(with fcdf2). if he should win, he must win without throwing shit moves.
Signature proud member - founder fer of TekkenMilano - the most active offline community in italy!
Follow us @tekkenmilano
Like us on Facebook.com/TekkenMilano
YT channel : youtube.com/TekkenMilano
Tournament Organizer - TTT2placements: - 2nd place@Rome national tournament- 2nd place@Venice National Tournament- 5th place@LTT(Livorno)- 5th place@THT(Milan)- 5th place @poison3.0 (Rome). t7 placement: 5th place @milangamesweek; 1st@LUCCAComicsAndGames; 2nd place at BattleDome
eddy_rulz
Lone Wolf
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zoidberg747
Anyone have advice for Jack-6 matchup?

use 2,1 alot against jack specially against wall..jacks fastest 10 frame punch is f+2 which is high so keep in mind and duck it...2,1 block 2,1 is good pressure tool against jack cuz roger is at 0 frame after 2,1 is blocked so what jack can do to stop ur 2,1 agian is just f+2 which is high another option is d+2 crouch jab which can be low parry and last option jack has is to side step roger's 2,1 but then u can stop him with 1+2......

punish d/f+2 with d/f+1,2 which will hit jack at any distance... don,t try to block d/b+1 or fc,d/b+1 just learn to low parry it.. and yes use u/f+1+2 to stop those lows....
Signature

Zoidberg747
6th Dan
XBL: Zoidberg747
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Any tips on Hwoarang and Dragunov? Cant keep these guys off me, thanks in advance
ghirlanda
Berserker
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
the only way tro fight hwoarang is to know him very well. unfortunately i can't help you, i'm in your situation. sometimes you should duck, waiting d34, and just after the 4, you can launch him with uf4 or fcdf2. i know he can be stepped a lot, but i don't have enough experience to help you more.
vs dragunov it is not so difficult imho...a normal match up...the stronger player wins remember that ff2 can be punished just with df4 sometimes, that qcf3 is -9 on hit and punishable by launcher on block...he hasn?t got a lot of decent lows...just d2...after d2 best thing to do imho is to step or block, but if you notice your opponent is a pitbull, you can reply with ws4 since d2 on hit is +0. remember he can punish your d2 with 38 dmg(ws13, at least is not kaz bruce or law anyway )
Signature proud member - founder fer of TekkenMilano - the most active offline community in italy!
Follow us @tekkenmilano
Tournament Organizer - TTT2placements: - 2nd place@Rome national tournament- 2nd place@Venice National Tournament- 5th place@LTT(Livorno)- 5th place@THT(Milan)- 5th place @poison3.0 (Rome). t7 placement: 5th place @milangamesweek; 1st@LUCCAComicsAndGames; 2nd place at BattleDome
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks ghirlanda, anyone have any advice on King? Faced like 5 in a row today and that one move where he does five low kicks gets me EVERY DAMN TIME. Is that punishable by something or should I just block. Soryy for having so many questions, I just want to gain as much knowledge of these matchups as I can.
ghirlanda
Berserker
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
king is the match up i know the most XD
anyway before starting i must ask you if you play just online or in a serious way. because doing d3+4 il like a suicide for king. just block that. after he throw a kick you have got all the time to see if he wanna continue with another kick or if he stops. and you have always enough time to launch king with fcdf2. if king hits you, remember he is -13 after the 1st ali kick. sometimes you can punish it with df4. step always right. beware of jaguar step. punish fcdf2 with 1+2 or df12. learn to skip throws obviously. escaping multi throws not in arandom way: try to escape always from the maxdamage throw combo. for example, if he start the multiple combo that ends in the rolling death cradle, you must press 1+2 for escape the 2nd throw and 2 escaping the rolling death, if you fail to skip the 1st time. remember that king lacks decent lows . if you can escape throws the only weapons king has are b1, f4, f3 and hopkick. if you don't duck randomly, it's very difficult to you to lose. but beware of king's b1, since that move eat and ch roger jab from a certain distance...the only way king can defeat roger is mantaining range 2 or range 1 for all the match.
never use ff2. b12 always punish you. i think the other things you must notice must be learnt by your experience. but don't take this tips if you wanna win online...this tips are just for tekken
Follow us @tekkenmilano
Zoidberg747
6th Dan
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol yeah once I get my driver's license im thinking about going to a few casuals maybe even some tourneys so any offline advice will help. Yeah because of how bad throw breaking is online he is a tough matchup, useful stuff though thanks
Mr. NO!
Deity
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
in a tournment last weekend vs'd a Lei is swl'd his f n+4123,4_d+4 (important: with either of the extensions)
got me thinking if there was enough time to do d+1+2, 1+2, 2 from behind. tested it and the whole string can work, but was tested in DR. can someone with t6 confirm this holds?
ghirlanda
Berserker
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
I need help vs baek! He can step everything in fla... Do you know how to' step him? It's not possible that after 21 in hit he steps my df2 and df1 both....
Follow us @tekkenmilano
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
FLA is Baek's strongest weapon, but is also the most risky. Several moves of his outa FLA can inter-loop, for example

FLA d+4,3,3,3~f
FLA d/f+4,4,3~f
FLA 3,4>4,3~f

The last hit can either cancel into FLA looping, or finish with a mid kick that stuns on CH. The trick of FLA is to get opponent to eat as many FLA mixup situations and get opponent to guess wrong as much as possible to eat the CH 3 CFS stun. Although CFS stun can be escaped, it requires almost instant forward tapping. If not escaped, juggles into setups, such as d/f+3~f FLA d+4,3,3,3~f into snake kick, or b+4 1,2x3 d+2_1+2,4_wall juggle, are hugely applicable. If opp happens to escape the stun, u can always start ur own mixups, since u are at frame adv."

The best option is to try to SW the last attacks, however Baek has options to track you. Another option is to wait for the cancel, and throw out your launch, say u/f+4, but hold forward immediately after. So, it would be u/f+4~F. By doing this, you CH him if he doesn't go for the mid kick ender, and if he does, you escape the CH stun.

The above was posted by one of the guys I play with, OFDP?, and I think Noodlehead gave him that info. So credit goes to him. Baek's strings are tricky at first but they all end up in the same situation, a FLA cancel, the mid kick with escapable CH stun or the low kick that is launch punishable. The above helped me understand FLA a lot in that match up after I got clowned by a Baek player in a tournament a ways back. If you want to know a list of his duckable strings and stuff like that I can post that too.
ghirlanda
Berserker
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
your work is great what i hate most is that i can't play in my pitbull style since he can step after every move i do. the only thing i can do is df3 after 21 on hit, but then he will ch me with 4. i think from the experience i have atm, it's just a guessing game against him. but i think uf4 into f will help me a lot thanks for your tips! i know i can duck(and i do that) 43 and df14, but i don't know other strings(maybe just the semi useless 3334 XD)
Follow us @tekkenmilano
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't forget 1+2 after a 2,1 on hit. That will beat all of his CH options and he'll be forced to block or duck to avoid it and that will open up things for you.
iSivrem
Kyu
XBL: Siv
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi, I have trouble against really aggressive characters like Bob.
Oh and versus Lars.