Page Splits <12345>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
It would be quite hilarious if this update implemented a Soul Calibur like air control. If you play characters in Tekken that do not revolve around juggling, then Tekken 6 BR is fine and fun. But I am slowly being pulled into the group that thinks Tekken Tag 2 has crossed the line on how much is acceptable. Have not played the game so obviously I can not make that call.

I hold hope that this does not deeply affect the console release, but I am sure it will and we will have two choices. The Tekken Team stays true to the release date and gives us vanilla Tekken Tag 2 with a $40 update later on or we wait until late 2013 to play Tekken Tag 2 on console. Both directions will deeply hurt the series in regions that do not carry arcade Tekken Tag 2. If Tekken does not become like Virtua Fighter in the next few years I will be surprised.

This news is far more bitter than it is sweet.
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
fneh
Sage
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
more than anything else, something needs doing about all the juggles. Play the game with someone good and agree to never juggle more than 3 hits and the game is a lot more fun to play.

does anyone here honestly prefer the current way the game is played? I honestly want to know if i'm in the minority or not hating on juggles so much
DOOMWILL
1st Dan
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
I am a bit worried for the Console version; to me 2012 look a lot like 2008 when they released T6 Bloodline Rebellion and we had to wait a whole year for the console but the only upgrade was scenario campaign.
The thing that worries me more is that WiiU is coming and if Namco decides that waiting 6 months to make also a WiiU version is worth we will have TTT2 in march 2013, almost 20 months for a port!!!
I wish arcades to die soon because waiting 3 or more years for a Tekken game is way to much to withstand for a fan like me.

Last edited by DOOMWILL on Feb 9th, 2012 at 20:05

DTF
Kyu
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
it better include 2p costumes and character specific custom gear!
Signature P0w3r !s 3v3Ry Th!nG
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
So how about playing more and a little less fooling around in character customization mode.

LOL. I really like this guy!

Originally posted by Pixel
I hold hope that this does not deeply affect the console release, but I am sure it will and we will have two choices. The Tekken Team stays true to the release date and gives us vanilla Tekken Tag 2 with a $40 update later on or we wait until late 2013 to play Tekken Tag 2 on console.

Why do you think this upgrade will push back the console release? I still think they're gonna release it in 'Holidays 2012', it is still like 9-10 months away. This upgrade is like T6 BR and we got the game on the console after 8 or so months iirc.
Namco team will never release an older version of TTT2 as long as there exist a new version of it, just to make it a DLC later. That wouldn't make any sense!
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DOOMWILL
I am a bit worried for the Console version; to me 2012 look a lot like 2008 when they released T6 Bloodline Rebellion and we had to wait a whole year for the console but the only upgrade was scenario campaign.
The thing that worries me more is that WiiU is coming and if Namco decides that waiting 6 months to make also a WiiU version is worth we will have TTT2 in march 2013, almost 20 months for a port!!!
I wish arcades to die soon because waiting 3 or more years for a Tekken game is way to much to withstand for a fan like me.

I think the difference here is that the home version hadn't been announced when BR hit arcades. We've already had an announcement with a year for the home version this time.

The other point is, this will be at least 6 months post arcade release of TTT2, and still probably 6 or more months til home version. Neither of these numbers is far removed from previous releases (T1-->T2 arcade 8 months, T5.0 arcade --> home 4 months).
Dragunov's Law
Master
PSN: Evrything_Black
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn people are always complaining and pretty much every argument i seen simply goes back in forth with no real substance. We got people saying the game is too juggle heavy and saying there should be more emphasis on mind games but at the same time they want the game to be simple enough to cater to the casual audience so the community can grow??? I'm not really following that but ohh well.

Seeing as how tekken success is pretty much on arcade. I can't help but wonder if America and Europe had the game will they be complaining as much as they are now? From what i have seen none of the places with TTT2 Japan, Korea, Australia, Phillipines etc... are complaining other than the price which is pretty understandable. Which begs the question are people complaining because they don't have access to the game so all they can simply do is hate on the game or because the 1 year wait is too long? Then again people waited 2 1/2 year for BR and everything was cool. Still confused why people are complaining.

From what I've seen TTT2 has pretty much stayed true to the series. Look at 5 DR and 6 BR, they technically the same game. yeah SS BDC and movement was better in 5 but they change it back on TT2. I played DR quite a lot and i remember juggle doing a shitload of damage in that game too with no rage!!! Im just saying most of the complaint lack any real substance IMO it seems you guys are just complaining just because......?????? wait why are you guys complaining again??

Just my opinion on all this silly "What happen to tekken" subject

SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dragunov's Law
From what I've seen TTT2 has pretty much stayed true to the series. Look at 5 DR and 6 BR, they technically the same game. yeah SS BDC and movement was better in 5 but they change it back on TT2. I played DR quite a lot and i remember juggle doing a shitload of damage in that game too with no rage!!! Im just saying most of the complaint lack any real substance IMO it seems you guys are just complaining just because......?????? wait why are you guys complaining again??

Just my opinion on all this silly "What happen to tekken" subject

I think people are just stuck on their favorite iteration of the series. I've never used DR as a comparison because I too noticed that DR had some massive damage juggles. As a matter of fact, Tekken 4 started the long juggles and then Tekken 5 was the advent of high damage long juggles. The problem is with each game it's getting progressively worse and worse with the focus changing to launchers-->juggles more than the stand up game. The big problem is which is especially noticable by long time players is where is namco going to draw the line? When Tekken 7 comes out what will be the focus of that game?
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
jadensoral
Destroyer
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by fneh
more than anything else, something needs doing about all the juggles. Play the game with someone good and agree to never juggle more than 3 hits and the game is a lot more fun to play.

does anyone here honestly prefer the current way the game is played? I honestly want to know if i'm in the minority or not hating on juggles so much

I've been playing SC5 lately with my friends and haven't touched Tekken in the last week.

1: Movement in SC5 is so much easier and less frustrating. Even the best players in the world screw up movement in Tekken and do random jumps etc... what kind of game is so difficult in something as fundamental as movement that even the best players in the world can't consistently do it?

2: I feel like the combos in SC5 are way more fun because they look cooler! They never end in frustrating wall splat mixups. And yes they are definitely a lot easier than Tekken ones, but who cares? They're so short and unreliable no one cares.

I wouldn't say I hate Juggles in Tekken, but they definitely suck the fun out of games with my friends. Sometimes they're cool cause you manage to do a unique one which is inspiring to watch, but these are just too far and few between I think.

Dragunov's Law:
"Just my opinion on all this silly "What happen to tekken" subject"

....stop making fun of my thread :p It got enough replies to show I'm not alone
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jadensoral
1: Movement in SC5 is so much easier and less frustrating. Even the best players in the world screw up movement in Tekken and do random jumps etc... what kind of game is so difficult in something as fundamental as movement that even the best players in the world can't consistently do it?

Couldn't agree more!!

Make movement easier. Not like the characters are moving in mud. As it is now, you basically use a "bug" to make your backdashes safe and speed back and forth like my neighbours cat on crack. I don't know if it was intended to be that way, I started playing with T5, but its a retarded mechanic.
Yes I know, the oldschool players love the skill it brings to the table, but for anyone new its just counter-intuitive. Why would I have to cancel a build in movement method to be faster? Why doesn't it do that on normal dash, the way its supposed to be?
Taken aside the fact that it looks retarded. If you want spectators, you need fluent movement that doesnt look like the game broke or something. For someone who just picked up the game BDC literally looks like youre abusing a bug. (Biorr)
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Mr. NO!
Deity
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
I've a lot of posts on the "What happened to Tekken?" thread. Making backdash cancelling, etc. an easier action is completely opposite to all those "Make Tekken less braindead" complaints. Leave movement the way it is.

I look forward to whatever the update brings. Just learn to play the game that Namco makes.
Signature Australia[Canberra]/Japan[Tokyo]
Dragunov's Law
Master
PSN: Evrything_Black
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
The big problem is which is especially noticable by long time players is where is namco going to draw the line? When Tekken 7 comes out what will be the focus of that game?

Its kinda interesting that you said that, but let's think for a minute. How can namco do something to change or in better word what can you or anyone in this thread suggest they do?. Either they go the Marvel vs Capcom juggle heavy, brain dead route and take in a lot of casual players along the way and become very successful. Or even focus on the mind games, lose the casuals and not be as popular like Virtua Fighter (best fighting game imo). I don't know how other people view TTT2 but I see it more or less in the middle.

In my opinion, the game seems fine, I don't think juggle, damage, length of juggle??, movement, bug?? is gonna hurt TT2 or even the series. The only major thing, i think that could hurt the series is that it may become very stale and people may need something fresh to play. Which has nothing to do with the Juggle, damage etc.... i mentioned above.

Just my opinion guys

DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr. NO!!!!!
I've a lot of posts on the "What happened to Tekken?" thread. Making backdash cancelling, etc. an easier action is completely opposite to all those "Make Tekken less braindead" complaints.

That's just ignorant. There is no contradiction between doing the movement easier and making Tekken less braindead. With that I mean Namco should have more emphasis on the mindgames and the ground game, and less on arbitrary difficulties like execution of important stuff like movement, which is mandatory to do flawless even at intermediate level to succeed in this game.

Get the point? This way, more people can enjoy the game at higher level, but it isn't about just juggles and difficult execution, but about mindgames, ground game and quick reflexes.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by DrBhup666 on Feb 10th, 2012 at 01:15

Rezz
Dragon Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
If you actually PLAYED Tekken you'd know that you can't simply just play the ground game as you see fit. You're supposed to play to win and currently juggling has become a much bigger part of the series so unfortunately, you're gonna have to juggle the daylights out of someone to win.

I didn't think I'd find a bigger moron on this forum. The majority of matches I win is because of ground mix up and it's usually over juggle happy people probably such as yourself who think that they HAVE to juggle the shit out of people to win a match. So maybe you should spend a little more time in practice learning how to play instead and a little less time out of DrBhup's asshole.
Undead_Nemesis
Dragon Lord
PSN: Manji_Nemesis
XBL: Not my cuppa.
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Kuni.
Signature www.youtube.com/manjinemesis

吉光 T4 - "Those who tread the path of evil shall face judgment eventually".
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rezz
I didn't think I'd find a bigger moron on this forum. The majority of matches I win is because of ground mix up and it's usually over juggle happy people probably such as yourself who think that they HAVE to juggle the shit out of people to win a match. So maybe you should spend a little more time in practice learning how to play instead and a little less time out of DrBhup's asshole.

I think it's fucking hilarious how retards that joined this forum as late as September 2010 think they know more about Tekken than people who have been playing it since 2001.

Why do you think you can take shots as Spinmaster, guy? He has been around Tekken 10 fucking more years than you!! Show. Some. Respect.

Seriously dude, everybody that has been around Tekken for more than 3-4 years basically agrees on the fact that the juggling has gone out of control in Tekken. It's far too big part of the whole gamemechanics. I don't actually mind the juggles, but they sure need to tweak the system a bit.

No hopkick (or other launcher) should ever crush at the same time. All launchers should be launch punishable themselves. I don't know, whatever. They need to do something. And trust me, I'm not biased. I play Lili and she has an amazing hopkick. But even I sometimes think it is braindead that the reward is so huge and the risk is minimal. It lauches, crushes lows and only -12 in T6. WTF??

Look, go to this site and listen to Aris' review of TTT2. He is a legend, I'm sure you'll agree with us after listning to him because he gives far better arguments than I could ever give.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...on-of-ttt2.html

No hassle man, we all are here because of our love of this game. Just chill.

Last edited by DrBhup666 on Feb 10th, 2012 at 01:02

Rezz
Dragon Lord
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
I think it's fucking hilarious how retards that joined this forum as late as September 2010 think they know more about Tekken than people who have been playing it since 2001.

Why do you think you can take shots as Spinmaster, guy? He has been around Tekken 10 fucking more years than you!! Show. Some. Respect.

I think its fucking hilarious that you think I've been playing Tekken since Sep 2010 just because I joined a forum on Sep 2010 when the fact is I've been playing this game since '97 during T2 days.
Show some respect? He came at me so I responded back. I don't care who the person is or when they joined. Why don't you spend a little less time out of his asshole as well?
Mr. NO!
Deity
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
That's just ignorant. There is no contradiction between doing the movement easier and making Tekken less braindead. With that I mean Namco should have more emphasis on the mindgames and the ground game, and less on arbitrary difficulties like execution of important stuff like movement, which is mandatory to do flawless even at intermediate level to succeed in this game.

Get the point? This way, more people can enjoy the game at higher level, but it isnŠt about just juggles and difficult execution, but about mindgames, ground game and quick reflexes.

Just my opinion.

A good chunk of the ground game IS based around your ability to utilise movement. So the way I see it, movement execution is a part of the overall skill set someone needs to play Tekken at a higher level. Removing that barrier would lower the standard of being a top-level player rather than enabling more people to play at the top-level.

Good movement rewards players for getting out of mind-games, setting up mind games, and whiff punishing is made possible due to good movement AND good reflexes.
AAK
Iron Fist God
PSN: AAK0924
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
WTF have you been smoking, kid?? "TTT2 is not more of a combo-fest than other fighters??" Really??? Which other fighters rely so heavy on launchers and combos? Not even Blazblue!! None of 2D fighters do that.
Tekken as it is now is like this:

Launch --> juggle -->50/50 mixup oki --> rejuggle --> end of round. Rinse and repeat!

Soul Calibur V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL_d6TR1gGo

Mortal Kombat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08TAGb-mvCI

CvS2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODEuDejhsiw

KOF13:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWclyTo7Gw

Blazblue: (Mute this)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPR2hX6-z8E

Virtua Fighter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3H59kPe4g

Last edited by AAK on Feb 10th, 2012 at 03:05

Rezz
Dragon Lord
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
^Which is EXACTLY what I said earlier. People complain about the combo system in Tekken as if no other figher has their own combo system. You can lose half your life in SF from combos, you can (now) lose half your life in SC5, you can lose half your life in MK, you can lose your entire life in MvC. Each one of these games are different. Each one of these games utilizes a combo system.
Signature