Page Splits 1...<56789>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
DirtyMusic
Sage
PSN: AryaJustArya
#121 “Quote” Edit Post
Really glad to hear the project's helping out people around the world mithril! To answer your Steve question, it's going to be a complete breakdown, and is tentatively scheduled for release on January 12th.

Huge update on the written guide, which is basically the script for the video: Steve Fox by Arya

and Happy New Year everyone! Let's make 2018 another great year for Tekken

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:48

mithril04
6th Dan
#122 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome. Really looking forward to it.

Also, I just recently picked up Nina (last time I played Nina was Tekken 5 non-DR) during the break and UberDuder's guide really helped.
UberDuder
Shihan
#123 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mithril04
Awesome. Really looking forward to it.

Also, I just recently picked up Nina (last time I played Nina was Tekken 5 non-DR) during the break and UberDuder's guide really helped.

Glad to hear. Contemplating making any other guides, would probably be in a while but if nobody is interested in writing ling i might be able to complete one in a few months.
mithril04
6th Dan
#124 “Quote” Edit Post
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...it?usp=drivesdk

Finished my Raven guide as well as made updates to my other guides (my Yoshimitsu guide especially had a lot of additional input, mostly things you appreciate more as you rise up in ranks online).

I'll probably make another guide for one of the remaining characters after a long, much needed vacation.
ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#125 “Quote” Edit Post
A W.I.P. Bear Guide from the Bear Discord. Made by PixelBug
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...=h.afuynj84349u
DirtyMusic
Sage
#126 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve Fox - British Boxer extraordinaire and master of the Sweet Science, now featured in That Blasted Salamiís 2-hour Complete Breakdown:

Steve Fox - Complete Breakdown

Thanks so much for the Raven guide mithril! Both this and Uberduder's one are fantastic. Kuma guide is shaping up nicely too. Not much materials on these characters either so they'll take priority when it comes to making videos.

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 18:42

mithril04
6th Dan
#127 “Quote” Edit Post
^AWESOME AWESOME VID. I don't play Steve at all (I don't even bring him into practice mode coz I hate his hair hahaha) but this helped me understand the match-up a little better.

Anyways, I found time to make more guides and I'll be making one for Bob. Also, I can update my TTT2 Alisa notes to T7FR and share it to complement the current Alisa guide here (Alisa was my main partner for Yoshi back then and is currently my highest ranked character online).
DirtyMusic
Sage
#128 “Quote” Edit Post
Osserva! Claudio Serafino's Complete Breakdown is now up:

Claudio Serafino Complete Breakdown

mithril: Thanks so much man! Really looking forward to seeing the Bob guide and Alisa notes. I definitely want to cover some more female characters soon, so next up are likely Raven, Josie, Alisa etc.
mithril04
6th Dan
#129 “Quote” Edit Post
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...dit?usp=sharing

Bob guide up. I can honestly say this is probably my best write-up as of now. So I'm making a few updates to my other guides to make it on par with the Bob guide.

EDIT: When I logged in the Claudio video wasn't up yet. 1 hour and a half! WOW!
Will be watching it tonight while polishing up the Raven, Josie and Alisa guides.

Last edited by mithril04 on Feb 20th, 2018 at 09:53

Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#130 “Quote” Edit Post
If Uberduder sees this, some of the Nina info you wrote needs to be changed

1,4 is 0 on hot but you put -6
b+2,2 is +5 but you put +2

Also for Armor Move you can also input WS+1+2 in addition to f+1+2

After d+2 on CH, uf+1+2 can be interrupted by dickpunches so it can be interrupted by jabs

fff+1+2 is 0 on block yet you put +1

Also ff+4 doesnít suck, CH Launcher, decent move and itís not ok on block, if your lucky, your on +4, if not -17

How can you say db+3 on hit to uf+1+2 is uninterruptible ( at the uf+1+2 part), again, opp is on FC anyway, uf+1+2 is a high so they can dick punch the move ( or do FCWTF, of FC+d+3), same for d+4,1 on hit to uf+1+2, dick punch, d+4 because of high crush

Thatís all I can think of because I cbf to look up past SS+1 part
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
zatoichi Flash!
2nd Dan
#131 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mithril04
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...dit?usp=sharing

Bob guide up. I can honestly say this is probably my best write-up as of now. So I'm making a few updates to my other guides to make it on par with the Bob guide.

EDIT: When I logged in the Claudio video wasn't up yet. 1 hour and a half! WOW!
Will be watching it tonight while polishing up the Raven, Josie and Alisa guides.

"Bob is literally all about what he says he is"

Lol great point.

As I've recently picked Bob back up I'll be reading this over the next days. Thanks for making this guide.
Saen1990
Kyu
PSN: CoviellotheGreat
#132 “Quote” Edit Post
I am currently writing a guide for Feng Wei at this time. It's going to take some time as Feng is not necessarily a "Top 15 move" character.

Last edited by Saen1990 on Feb 25th, 2018 at 14:38

mithril04
6th Dan
#133 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zatoichi Flash!
"Bob is literally all about what he says he is"

Lol great point.

As I've recently picked Bob back up I'll be reading this over the next days. Thanks for making this guide.

Cool! I hope it helps and isn't too straining on the eyes. Give me a heads up if you find anything worth commenting on. I really appreciate constructive criticism.
UberDuder
Shihan
#134 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
If Uberduder sees this, some of the Nina info you wrote needs to be changed

1,4 is 0 on hot but you put -6
b+2,2 is +5 but you put +2

Also for Armor Move you can also input WS+1+2 in addition to f+1+2

After d+2 on CH, uf+1+2 can be interrupted by dickpunches so it can be interrupted by jabs

fff+1+2 is 0 on block yet you put +1

Also ff+4 doesnít suck, CH Launcher, decent move and itís not ok on block, if your lucky, your on +4, if not -17

How can you say db+3 on hit to uf+1+2 is uninterruptible ( at the uf+1+2 part), again, opp is on FC anyway, uf+1+2 is a high so they can dick punch the move ( or do FCWTF, of FC+d+3), same for d+4,1 on hit to uf+1+2, dick punch, d+4 because of high crush

Thatís all I can think of because I cbf to look up past SS+1 part

Hey sorry im late i'll update some of that info and the writing, its about time i went over it again and improved it.

And by uninterruptible i meant couldn't be beaten frame wise except by flash, you can always duck or break grabs and nothing is ever guaranteed obviously, i shouldn't have to specify that highs can be beaten by high crush moves. If it could be interrupted it would be possible to get CH, so its an important distinction. You are incorrect about jab beating uf1+2 after Ch d2, the only reason d1 beats it is because of the high crush window. Same with db3, you are standing by the time the uf1+2 would come and you have to choose to remain crouched to subvert it, so pretty much the same situation as after ch d2.

ff4 is kind of shit outside of oki situations though, wouldn't recommend it.

EDIT - revamped some parts

Last edited by UberDuder on Mar 15th, 2018 at 10:23

Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#135 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by UberDuder
Hey sorry im late i'll update some of that info and the writing, its about time i went over it again and improved it.

And by uninterruptible i meant couldn't be beaten frame wise except by flash, you can always duck or break grabs and nothing is ever guaranteed obviously, i shouldn't have to specify that highs can be beaten by high crush moves. If it could be interrupted it would be possible to get CH, so its an important distinction. You are incorrect about jab beating uf1+2 after Ch d2, the only reason d1 beats it is because of the high crush window. Same with db3, you are standing by the time the uf1+2 would come and you have to choose to remain crouched to subvert it, so pretty much the same situation as after ch d2.

ff4 is kind of shit outside of oki situations though, wouldn't recommend it.

EDIT - revamped some parts

Nope. Uninterruptible means (depending on the frames you are on) any mid ( very less extent high or low) afterwards can reach the opponent but the opponent canít dickpunch, use a 10f standing jab, cant SS, canít duck or Backdash with the exception of parry and yoshi flash. Plus that second move has to be SAFE. examples are T6 Nina db+3 on hit then her IC, T6-Tag2-T7, Nina SS+4 on hit then her IC, Nina SS+1~auto qcf in T7 (since she is around +24 on hit IIRC, so she has safer options which canít be interrupted) etc etc etc

I am correct about db+3/d+2 on CH to uf+1+2, read above my other paragraph what uninterruptable means. If a dick punch ( and since every char has a 10 frame or 11 frame standing dickpunch - Jack has one IIRC- as well as generic d+4) can interrupt it, then itís interruptible. Donít believe me. Tell other members what interruptable means they will say it like me

Also no one is going to use a grab after certain + frames as being interruptable.
Signature 'We'd only been married a short time. By now she's been dead longer than I knew her. I still haven't really forgiven myself for the Mona business, but I knew that was just grief. The insanity that comes with losing the life you had just built. Michelle.. I missed her with every part of my being. I hated the world for not killing me with her, and I hated myself for allowing this to happen to her, and our little girl. But I knew I had to leave town"
Max Payne.
UberDuder
Shihan
#136 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't mind caviating the description but I seriously don't follow your logic that d2 CH into uf1+2 is interruptible by standing jabs just because its beatable by crouch jab.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#137 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by UberDuder
I don't mind caviating the description but I seriously don't follow your logic that d2 CH into uf1+2 is interruptible by standing jabs just because its beatable by crouch jab.

They can crouch jab while theyíre standing?

And besides after d+2 on CH she can do WS+b+1 which is i14.. i14 takeaway +5 which makes it i9.. which makes that move in interruptable to any jab (except ling b+1 which it will trade) CH Launcher, SAFE on block

Yet you said on one Nina thread that move is ďkinda uselessĒ
Max Payne.
Darth M
1st Dan
PSN: MdT_Darth
#138 “Quote” Edit Post
Whens Noctis chanel?
Signature
UberDuder
Shihan
#139 “Quote” Edit Post
Crouch jab and standing jab aren't the same move. Read your original comment. Also just an FYI, running 1+2 is occasionally +1, not always +0.

In my aims to create a newb friendly guide I consider it extremely important for a novice player to understand that command grabs with uf can be done from crouch. The CH properties of d2 were ultimately of secondary importance to my description. Stuff like ws B1 Ch is the sort of stuff even experience nina players will use once every few sets at most, at some point its a disservice to novices to extrapolate that sort of stuff in an already 30 page guide. Its ultimately an awkward range combo starter that nets meh damage, and its sufficiently difficult to confirm whether her d2 is a CH to describe this niche move as even in her top 30.

Anyway this is a character breakdown thread so i'll not carry on the debate here, but if you feel compelled to point out anything else PM me a suggestion or just write your own guide, I'm sure salami wont mind.
DirtyMusic
Sage
#140 “Quote” Edit Post
Dry up those tears! Bru...uh Josie Rizal is now featured on That Blasted Salami:

Josie Rizal Breakdown

Also updated the front page with a bunch of guides, such as mithril's excellent Bob guide. Keep it up guys!