Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
NYG5
Iron Fist God
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
The stage screen design is complete imo. Only characters will come, and that if a s3 becomes real

I hope they spare another guest so they make room for a character like Jinpachi or Ogre. The four that are should to come obviously are Bruce, Ganryu, Zafina and probably Kunimitsu, but there's still two slots left like in season2, one for another legacy, and the last slot for a guest. Please let at the very least one be reserved for Jinpachi or Ogre.

Why would Gannya and Zaf come back before Kunimitsu? They're both less popular and have already been in more modern tekken games than Kuni.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Harada-Boy is now general producer of all Nandai Ips, whereas The Murray Doll© becomes the director of Tekken.
https://www.dualshockers.com/katsuh...neral-producer/

Oh well
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Wishing well on Murray, and hope we get a satisfying tekken next.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
TxSF may be next, so a satisfactory tekken to say..

All 2d shit, monkey jump; meters etc being removed, plus making those SF characters fit tekken mechanics and have a comprehensive moveset is the only way to make that hypothetical tekken satisfactory. And that probably won't be happening at all.

Characters like the Eliza thingy and Scrubface make you vomit very often, not only because of the mess the meter actually is in tekken but also because their moveset and flashy animations suck, then go figure what effect on tekken players could half of an entire roster have on tekken players. Needless to enter the conversation about Geese and how broken this character is thanks among other things to the meter stuff too.

A lot of tekken players will be scaping this game in case SF characters don't get adapted to tekken. Harada-Boy knows this well, and with a bit of luck he won't be taking any chances and next is tekken8 instead.

Look at the mess 2D characters have caused since t7 fr. First It was Akuma, who is still a joke under the proper circumstances. Now is Geese. Then TxSF will follow?, most tekken players will probably say no thanks; fuck your meters, fuck your monkey jumps and fuck all 2D bullshit, as there's a reason most of us play tekken which has a lot to do with avoiding that stuff.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
I always wondered what the endgame was in bringing 2d style gameplay to Tekken7. They put a lot of effort into making these 2d characters. But who the heck really is the target audience for these guest characters? What are the usage stats for Geese, Eliza and Akuma?

With SFxT, it was clear that they designed the game mostly for SF fans, and hoped to attract some Tekken fans towards the SF mechanics and series. But if TxSF is going to put in 2d mechanics for half its cast, it's gonna be dull for tekken fans, a lot, if not most, of whom wouldn't be interested in playing 2d characters.

So, if half the cast is not playable for the average tekken fan, why buy the game?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
PSN: Hayk502
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Knee vs Arslan, really good set

Knee vs Arslan
Signature #RemoveLili'sClothes
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
^wow at long last. Thanks for that video kudos

DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
So, if half the cast is not playable for the average tekken fan, why buy the game?

Because its going to be a fun fighting game...... it won't be your ideal Tekken game, but if you enjoy fighters, not sure how anyone would skip a cross game where both franchises keep their identities
Murakumo
1,2,4:4 all day long
PSN: TZMurakumo
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
If the characters are keeping their respective systems, just put Marvel 2 Dhalsim in so I can wipe the floor with literally every other street fighter character. That would be fun. That would be satisfying.

Oh, unfly infinites into non-scaling yoga strike at corner, how I miss you.

I'm sure that would be too much to ask for since Capcom couldn't even be bothered to include him in their own vs. series after MvC2.

Also, as for Capcom characters, are we talking about hard-to-use for skill-ceiling OG style? Or are we talking new, SF buffer period, easy to mash stuff out style?
... new FCG players are soft on execution these days.
Signature Hit confirms and just frames in a mist trap sandwich!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Here we go "NOT So mobile exclusive anymore"

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1131938022008729601

Totally forgot about those, good thing it's coming to T7 *FINALLY*.

Project ASP
Deity
PSN: HelloMrBokiHoki
XBL: Project Bokuho
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Forgot about what? Wings and a flag?
SSfox
Foxstepman
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Project ASP
Forgot about what? Wings and a flag?

I meant about panels that were on mobile, didn't realize they aren't highlight in that tweet but it's coming too.

About Wings and flags well i didn't want to comment about those and i won't, those who know me here may have an idea about my thoughts on those...

Spoiler (highlight to reveal)
... garbages
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
I meant about panels that were on mobile, didn't realize they aren't highlight in that tweet but it's coming too.

Just to make sure: Are you referring to these?

If so, that's awesome! I always thought it was a shame that they were exclusive to the Tekken Mobile game.
Signature
SSfox
Foxstepman
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Aphasia
Just to make sure: Are you referring to these?

If so, that's awesome! I always thought it was a shame that they were exclusive to the Tekken Mobile game.

Yes https://twitter.com/TEKKEN_Project/...938706468687872
Aphasia
Welcome back Julia!
#55 “Quote” Edit Post

Cool, thanks!
Signature
JMOORENYC
Shihan
PSN: IMFAMOUSMINDED
XBL: NA
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
HMMMM....
Signature NYC TEKKEN 4 LIFE! WE GO HARD!
Ashesfall
Fighter
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
wow that was random
they added a new outfit for Negan in the "2 year anniversary" update
(he deserves it, as he only has one "unique" outfit out of all DLC fighters)

"Prison-Escaped-Negan" - Lei obviously tries to catch him, without a chance tho

ps: wish they would have buffed Negan, as i think he has issues on "high" level
(seeing this kind of "patch", is another sign for me that we will get season3 )
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
SSfox
Foxstepman
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
There are some really super dope portraits that's i've never seen before. Also can't wait for Evo.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
More custom trash items. Now two years after release (Heihachi's ripped Karategi, in other words the only good custom item in 1 year anniversary update took one year to come after release roflmao).

Harada-Boy: <<We release the game on arcades first (more than 2 years prior lol) so we can later make the best home version possible>>

Fanbase: "Please give us good customization stuff kinda like T6"

Harada-Boy: << Don't ask me for shit >>™

Go into retirement already Harada.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
they also added nice hit/power-effects, kinda worth mentioning, i think

Heihachi was nice enough to show us the power in visual appeal:
(just in case, every character got those effects)

the first one is the default one, to compare
(+5 different colors for each variation)

---
Spoiler (highlight to reveal)
(almost) all those "attached" random items in tekken7 are so dumb - real "dirt" for the IronFist theme ... like everyone touching a 3D program can do that "low effort" content ... i still hope they will drop all that in the future but i guess asia culture "loves" it? ... anyways i try to see the good from now on. (until tekken8 will be 2 year arcade exclusive -.-)

... if they would just give Marduk his Mask(+demonic smoke effect) from Tekken 5DR back
the true reason to main this beast of a fighter ... season 3?
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -