Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SSfox
Foxstepman
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
That was a sick tournament

Originally posted by dodecadozen
So... qudans gets some of that big oil money. That was unexpected.

Not that much for me it was either one of the korean, Arslan, or maybe another "arslan like" hidden arabian guy we never heard of.

I was really rooting for Marduk Knee, he did pretty well but Qudan had the last word.

Congrats for Qudan he really deserve, and mention that he's one of the few Tekken players that always been ultra loyal to his character.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by wrazor
Chanel beat arsalan and knee both. XD But the main talking point of yesterday's tourney was how would arsalan fair. And he did not look the part tbh. Found out? Or too early to say? I think Qudans is famous for having off days. He literally loses to any nobody sometimes. Arsalan's game looked same as he played at evo. So, looks like chanel labbed him out.

Arsalan won one measly tournament though...... its exciting to see more countries involved in pro tekken, but that win was extremely overhyped.....

sidenote: Sora's Jin is sick.... hope him and few others get sponsored to participate in some American events...... Knee's Murdok was sick too ..GGs

Last edited by DinoTheDonDaDa on Mar 31st, 2019 at 16:47

enko
Champion
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DinoTheDonDaDa
Arsalan won one measly tournament though...... its exciting to see more countries involved in pro tekken, but that win was extremely overhyped.....

sidenote: Sora's Jin is sick.... hope him and few others get sponsored to participate in some American events...... Knee's Murdok was sick too ..GGs

but arslan dominated knee again in their casual match. arslan's geese 3-0 knee's dvj and 5-1 knee's jin.

look at m_d_luffy_19 channel at twitch.

kudos to qudans. well deserved.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by enko
but arslan dominated knee again in their casual match. arslan's geese 3-0 knee's dvj and 5-1 knee's jin.

look at m_d_luffy_19 channel at twitch.

kudos to qudans. well deserved.

And Chanel no round browned him with both his characters when it really mattered...... there will be other Pro's he is going to struggle with

I look forward to him and Sora TWT 2019, but I found it funny he became an instant favorite after one tournament..... JDCR and Nobi looked unstoppable at one point, now we are waiting for them to make a comeback..... either way I love it, competition is thick this year, and this tournament was a very fun watch
enko
Champion
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah. I love to see Sora and Arslan against other pro.

Here is the Arslan vs Knee casual match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJ...eature=youtu.be
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I see nobody here's gonna talk about Joey Fury's Marduk and the
Spoiler (highlight to reveal)
beating on lil majin right.

There's been more tourneys besides the truegaming invitational one
pax
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
I see nobody here's gonna talk about Joey Fury's Marduk and the
beating on lil majin right.

There's been more tourneys besides the truegaming invitational one
pax

Yea, this was a good tournament too.... surprised Anakin isn’t dominating as much.... guess those Jack nerfs really took their toll

Majin got completely destroyed by Fury
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I watched just cos you said Marduk kicked ass.

Majin dropped a lot of combos. There were a couple of points in the sets where it felt like things could have gone the other way if Majin just connected the combos.

Always nice to see Marduk win though.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
The <<I'm gonna pick this underused in tounaments character so I get everybody by surprise>> tactic has been working since the very first days of tekken7, which is very telling about how good the balance in this game very well may be.

One of the very few remaining characters to see winning one of these events is Gigas. Come on somebody pick him and destroy the rest. A champion Yoshimitsu would be epic as well.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Indeed great to see Craig on the top and thanks for the share Fernandito, hope to see him more and Lei too, can't wait to see what Tissumon will have in store with him!!!

PS: About the Arabic tournament i laughed hard when the guy said "HARADA!!!!!!!" when the feng qcf1 bug happened haha, even the Middle East have their "Email Harada" meme lmao
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Another video popped up
tk

Nice watch but pitiful commentators, specially the one on the right who was full high. I can't help but to wonder how the organization allows commentating in such conditions. And the other fela following such lame attitude didn't help at all truth be told. What a performance. They might have them usual affairs with the community and all the folks present there, but that was just overkill and contrary to being a little bit professional at least like Markam or rip do. Only Aris should be allowed to commentate being high as he's at least the god of commentary.These two on the other hand oh well.

enko
Champion
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow. I never expected Super Akouma to stream rolled CBM with the score of 6-1 in GF at the mixup. Super Akouma is insane in this tournament.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Have you guys seen Rickstah's techtrap on connecting an unavoidable raging demon previous 3 fast firewall attack?, on his channel I think I've just watched it. Hadn't ever seen that. It makes sense in order to be able to connect the rage art after so many nerfs I presume right.

Akuma requieres skill in tekken7 that's undeniable, but It is also most certain too that it's that kinda shitty 2d game skill and not of the pure movement stuff requiered in tekken to survive on high ranks vs the freaks. I mean you know who needs backdash skills when you can just jump backwards.

The coming of tekken7 and these shitty 2d characters like Akuma and Eliza has actually helped me to remember why I left 2d games the moment I say the first tekken; and I appreciate such memory refresh.

I really hope tekkenxsf reconsiders to scrap 2d mechanic stuff like the jumping, and make some serious adjustments too on the mess that meters can cause very easy; because if we again like t7 then It might not be ending up a very good satisfactopry experience to tekken players.

I can't understand how they don't get characters such as ryu or akuma and give them proper "realistic" movelist the tekken way. That would be the true nice tekkxsf, but too much work and we cannot allow 2d fans that try the game feel something different to what they are used to in their respective games of choosing, right harada?

SSfox
Foxstepman
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...e-games-reveal/

"Yes, I am emotionally up for it," said Harada via VGC. "I still want to release the game. However, as much as I want to proceed with the project, things have changed a lot since 2012. So I need to get approval and I need to speak to Capcom again as well — they may say 'no' now."

"When we were ready to progress further with the project, Capcom released Street Fighter 5 and then we released Tekken 7," said Harada. "Those titles are some of the best fighting games ever and they became very successful. Traditionally, the life cycle of a fighting game is very short – maybe one or two years and then you make a sequel. But Tekken 7 is very successful as a service game with its DLC. That makes it much harder to justify releasing another game, while Tekken 7 is still doing so well."

So Tekken X Street Fighter isn't guarantee to be their next game at this point i guess?
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
It's guaranteed but when they are done with t7.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
It's guaranteed but when they are done with t7.

Really? The way i see it is that the game may be cancelled and will never come out.
Project ASP
Deity
PSN: HelloMrBokiHoki
XBL: Project Bokuho
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Really? The way i see it is that the game may be cancelled and will never come out.

The thing is, Tekken 7 is still bringing them money. Not to mention that a season 3 is inevitable w/ more characters, stages, etc. They probably won't stop supporting Tekken 7 w/ content for a while.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
The stage screen design is complete imo. Only characters will come, and that if a s3 becomes real

I hope they spare another guest so they make room for a character like Jinpachi or Ogre. The four that are should to come obviously are Bruce, Ganryu, Zafina and probably Kunimitsu, but there's still two slots left like in season2, one for another legacy, and the last slot for a guest. Please let at the very least one be reserved for Jinpachi or Ogre.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
TWT 2019

i really want to know if there is a "season 3/extended life content" thing going on or not
OR if they are working for a ps5 release fighter? (sony deal?)

who even knows? but it seems so silent right now or i just miss all the hints

but the next (big) "hint" i could see is here:
COMBO BREAKER

quote:
"May 24-26, 2019, COMBO BREAKER returns to the Mega Center at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL, USA! Full event info available at combobreaker.org!"

player numbers so far (7/5):
MK11 - 758
T7 - 609
SFV - 588
UNIST - 424
SMASH - 422
DBFZ - 374
XRD - 311
MYST - 256
SCVI - 249
BBTAG - 185

-----
edit: Michael Murray made such a huge "hint", i actually bet now on season 3 for tekken 7

"Sorry no updates on Twitter recently. Increased responsibility at work from April and work is kicking my ass lol. Getting more interesting though!"

someone ask "TAG 3 or season 3?" and Michael Murray liked that tweet.
lets be real, there wont be a TAG3 for the next 7-10 years lol

getting excited - prehype without a announcement

watch this "special tweet": Bruce "Muay Thai" Irvin is coming to the IRON FIST 7!

Last edited by Ashesfall on May 9th, 2019 at 14:26

Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Project ASP
Deity
PSN: HelloMrBokiHoki
XBL: Project Bokuho
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
The stage screen design is complete imo. Only characters will come, and that if a s3 becomes real

I hope they spare another guest so they make room for a character like Jinpachi or Ogre. The four that are should to come obviously are Bruce, Ganryu, Zafina and probably Kunimitsu, but there's still two slots left like in season2, one for another legacy, and the last slot for a guest. Please let at the very least one be reserved for Jinpachi or Ogre.

I only mentioned stages, because I was hoping they bring more classic ones. But that's just a minor request.