Page Splits 1...<383940
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SridharsVs
Legend
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#781 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the frame data for Kings standing 4?? Its not listed anywhere...
Asianskyblue
Virtuoso
#782 “Quote” Edit Post
i13 i believe. Don't think about it Sridhar. It's not of much use
Signature
SridharsVs
Legend
#783 “Quote” Edit Post
It is i13 in T5 and Dr but I think that it is slower in T6.

Anyway, did some testing yesterday and here is what I found out....
iBKB is a lot easier in T6 than in T5. It can be pulled off consistently with a little bit of practice.

u+1+2, iBKB can be siderolled or backrolled. It is only guaranteed if the opponent stays lying on the ground or if he gets straight up. However, u/f+1+2 hits if the opponent siderolls or backrolls.

iBKB is guaranteed after b+1+2, 2+4. But, ground throws are far more damaging.

I also tested iBKB for AK Style tech trap but the problem is that the recovery time of b+2,1+2 or f+222 is so much that iBKB always misses on techroll, backroll or sideroll.

The move itself is totally useless. You may use it to catch your opponent off-guard, but thats as far as it will go
-=StReeTz=-
-SKULLDUGGERY-
PSN: XxStReeTzxX
#784 “Quote” Edit Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is iBKB? Never seen this abbreviation before.

-And that's the bottom line cause StReeTz said so...
Signature I hide behind sarcasm because you obviously didn't grasp the concept the last 4 times you changed my profile.
SridharsVs
Legend
#785 “Quote” Edit Post
iBKB is short for Instant Burning Knuckle Bomb. The command for it is u, u/f+1+2. King does his Burning Knuckle without the chargeup style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPvbfqiAg_c

Last edited by SridharsVs on May 30th, 2012 at 12:15

Asianskyblue
Virtuoso
#786 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice..you did so much research on that move. I guess from usable point of view, F+1+2 unblockable is much better than the iBKB. Even if the opponent ducks it, not every time can he launch punish this move. King tends to walk past them. I've seen this in a King vs King/Bruce match. What you say?
Signature
SridharsVs
Legend
#787 “Quote” Edit Post
F+1+2 Unblockable is pretty useless too . If you SSR and then perform the move, King takes an extra side step to the right and if the opponent tries to duck and launch, their WS launchers whiff. This is good as long as the opponent does not know this. I abused this far too much that, everytime F+1+2 Unblockable gets ducked and the opponent just grabs me. In this case King gets side grabbed
Asianskyblue
Virtuoso
#788 “Quote” Edit Post
I was thinking of BT u/f+4 launcher in that case?
Signature
SridharsVs
Legend
#789 “Quote” Edit Post
Why the effin f*** doesnt anybody duck after TRIPLE H does a b+1+2, 1+2 to Stretch Buster or a GS??
In most of the matches, opponents just push back and fall for a MB or GS.... WHY DONT THEY JUST PUSH D/B AND AVOID THE GRAB?
ShadowKing!256
Champion
#790 “Quote” Edit Post
hmmm... I don't use F+1+2 unblockable in the open anymore. i only use that as a tech roll catch on the wall, since it wallsplats for a good wall combo. btw, how do you do the iBKB? i've been trying that and still got the regular one.
Signature Don't hate me for my throws... Hate Yourself for not Breaking them!
spitfie
Kyu
#791 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone wanna use my Song Tribute to King and make a combo vid? http://tindeck.com/listen/nexr
Signature Have a seat young man.
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#792 “Quote” Edit Post
Does anyone know how to buffer the GS during a techroll?
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
SridharsVs
Legend
#793 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaguar94
Does anyone know how to buffer the GS during a techroll?

Input GS the moment King techrolls. Eg: if you use 3 to tech roll, the command would be 3~f~hcf+1.
Even the slightest delay would result in ws+1. Similarly you can also do GS2.
Techroll to GS is harder than d+2~GS. Its good to practice d+2~GS before moving onto Tech~GS
ShadowKing!256
Champion
#794 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been having trouble with my thow set ups lately... it's either the other players know king more or they have a good read on me. jabs to GS have been ducked or escaped, and hopkicking has been punished on whiff and block.

does anyone know a few other setups for king?
Signature Don't hate me for my throws... Hate Yourself for not Breaking them!
SridharsVs
Legend
#795 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ShadowKing!256
I've been having trouble with my thow set ups lately... it's either the other players know king more or they have a good read on me. jabs to GS have been ducked or escaped, and hopkicking has been punished on whiff and block.

does anyone know a few other setups for king?

I guess you have been abusing GS and ISW far too much lately , common reactions of opponents would be ducking and breaking GS.

Try not to rely on throws for getting damage when using King.
GS comes out pretty fast and it is quite easy to see and react to. Most players know that GS is usually done right after 1, 12, d/f+1, d/f+2, d+4 connect or immediately after throw breaks. Also when King is very close to them, GS is probably the only option that most King players go for that dishes out big damage. Try mixing it up with ISW, GS2, d/b+1+2, MB or regular grabs.

Go for safer mixups and quick mids when you have frame advantage. When ever 12 hits or if any of your attacks connect go for fast mids like d/f+2, d/f+1, d/f+3, d+4, d/f+4 or f+4 if you are having good frame advantage. f+3 :1+2 is also an excellent option if Kings attacks connect. f+3: 1+2 also guarantees a free d+3+4 or d+3+4,4,2 if the opponent quick stands which does massive damage. It also prevents your opponent from ducking.

King had the best throw mixups in the game. But they are great as long as the opponent does not SIDE STEP, duck or BREAK them. As a King player, no one wants their grabs to be broken. Try minimizing the no. of throws used per match. A maximum of 2 throws per match should be the limit. Also try using the throws in situations where your opponent least expects them like after blocking a safe move, after the opponent tech rolls etc.
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#796 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
Input GS the moment King techrolls. Eg: if you use 3 to tech roll, the command would be 3~f~hcf+1.
Even the slightest delay would result in ws+1. Similarly you can also do GS2.
Techroll to GS is harder than d+2~GS. Its good to practice d+2~GS before moving onto Tech~GS

Thanks for the tip 'The timing is strict but with practice I can do it with more consistency.

As for throw mix-ups I usually go for gs1_gs2_isw if they step or duck I use f+1+2_f+4_df+3/2/1. Attempting a throw when the oppenent doesn't expect it is important indeed. Sometimes I buffer gs/isw while getting hit (eg: steve's ws+1,2).

1) What's the best way to scare/surprise the opponent after a wavedash (or 2 fast consecutive crouch dash) ?

2) Any tips against Heihachi.. ? He's Hell sweep mix-up can be a problem.
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
Srokkhmer
Kyu
#797 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody know this move at 2:07 in this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x6...;feature=relmfu
SridharsVs
Legend
#798 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Srokkhmer
Anybody know this move at 2:07 in this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x6...;feature=relmfu

Sorry for the late reply, but this has been posted before. Unfortunately, not a single person in TZ has a clue about it
Srokkhmer
Kyu
#799 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok thank you