Katarina Discussion

Page Splits 1...<53545556>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ESP
Warrior
#1081 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's another ff24 combo ff24, dash df1, d2~fd, ws4, d2~f har4 70 dmg, wall carry
You can replace df1 with standing 4 for more damage but it's probably not worth the effort.
Signature 2P account of LJE.
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#1082 “Quote” Edit Post
Why is there so much talk about her ff2,4 being a bug?

Mishimas have 14f electric launchers that just received 'better homing' lol, I don't get the difference
GosTanMan
Deity
#1083 “Quote” Edit Post
They did not adjust the dmg for ws3,3,3,3,3. It still does the old dmg.
Not_Available
Master
PSN: Mc_T-W-A-T-T
#1084 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
That doesn't work on small characters. I found that combo as well but had Anna as a dummy as one point to study her new shenanigans and decided to do that combo on her and df1 wiffed.

replace b1 with d2

don't forget that if you hold forward during a dick jab you recover standing. f3, db1~f f2,2 easy combo, works on ling.
GosTanMan
Deity
#1085 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Not_Available
don't forget that if you hold forward during a dick jab you recover standing. f3, db1~f f2,2 easy combo, works on ling.

CH f3, db2, ws3,4 S! 4,4,4~f4
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#1086 “Quote” Edit Post
The new patch removed her jailing ff24. What am I going to do now? That's the only reason why I'm going back to her. Now I'm not going to use Kat anymore Bamco. Why not just make it 13 frames rather than 12 so I can treat it like an electric. All the buffs are not going to merit her as a tournament worthy character like you wanted. Her tracking moves are pretty bad until you make ff4 safe on block.
LJR
Kyu
PSN: Layer089
#1087 “Quote” Edit Post
FF+24 did't need to Jail. that would have been overly oppressive. Her buffs did in fact help her and tbh ff+4 is flawed as a move in general when looking at her kit as a whole. FF+4 being safe really does nothing for us in 90% of MUs. FF+24 is an I13f Whiff punisher that grants Kat her new highest damage combo. If you really can see the use in this move i suggest you do move on to another char. this accompanied with her buff to df3+4 make Kat a nightmare in tourney.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#1088 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJR
FF+24 did't need to Jail. that would have been overly oppressive. Her buffs did in fact help her and tbh ff+4 is flawed as a move in general when looking at her kit as a whole. FF+4 being safe really does nothing for us in 90% of MUs. FF+24 is an I13f Whiff punisher that grants Kat her new highest damage combo. If you really can see the use in this move i suggest you do move on to another char. this accompanied with her buff to df3+4 make Kat a nightmare in tourney.

You're right. Kat is not for me. Also should I just quit Tekken 7 along the way?

btw I use ff24 for two things. Hit them when they move or trying to ss and as a -14 punisher. I know I can punish -13 but I can't do that 90% of the time so I wouldn't want to make that risk.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#1089 “Quote” Edit Post
Also if they made ff4 safe or pushes her away on block when the opponent's back against the wall, it would be a viable wall splat. She doesn't have anything 100% safe wall splat. Pseudo safe but not 100% safe.
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#1090 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GosTanMan
CH f3, db2, ws3,4 S! 4,4,4~f4

I got for
CH f3, db2, ws3,4 S!, dash, d/f+1, d+2 ~f, 1, u/b 4

You can also get
CH f3, b+1 ~f, 1, df+1, df+2,4, S!, dash, d+2~f, 4

but this is tricky to get and only works if you get it from max range.
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#1091 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LJR

it's not an i13 whiff punisher it's theoretically an i13 block punisher and an i16 whiff punisher and that is only if you are frame perfect
Signature i has a bucket !
MmickeysS
Champion
PSN: MmickeysS
#1092 “Quote” Edit Post
So what's the weakness to her jab strings? She just gets a free 3 way mix-up from pressing 1,1?
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#1093 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bob in der bahn
it's not an i13 whiff punisher it's theoretically an i13 block punisher and an i16 whiff punisher and that is only if you are frame perfect

Her ff2 is 12~13 frames according to inatekken. You can punish -13 but super hard. -14 doable if you practice enough.

This can be shown here:

https://twitter.com/TekkenReplays/s...692388783087617

Originally posted by MmickeysS
So what's the weakness to her jab strings? She just gets a free 3 way mix-up from pressing 1,1?

The only problem I see is that her jab is short range and it's only +4 on hit with 11 and +3 on hit with 12. It's pretty bad compared to most of the other casts that gets at least +5 on hit with their 12 strings. Would be nice if she has +5 so she can pressure them with df4 if they try to jab or d1 back. I guess it's a way for the to encourage you to finish those jab strings like 111 or 113 and etc.
MmickeysS
Champion
PSN: MmickeysS
#1094 “Quote” Edit Post
But when you're in range of those jabs, the issue arises. Punishing 1,1,2 is unnecessarily difficult because the jailing ceases too early and she recovers too fast. Why is it +70 on block anyway? Even +5 or 4 would have sufficed.

And then 2 safe mids? why? I've never liked string cheese and this just takes the cake. I think this is the only time I've ever painfully felt the need for a nerf. Even Noctis' d/b+1+2 doesn't annoy me like this.
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#1095 “Quote” Edit Post
Her ff2 is 12~13 frames according to inatekken. You can punish -13 but super hard. -14 doable if you practice enough.

This can be shown here:

Yes that's what I said lol.. it's still a jf i16 for whiff punish..whiff not block
Signature i has a bucket !
mach one
Virtuoso
#1096 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bob in der bahn
Yes that's what I said lol.. it's still a jf i16 for whiff punish..whiff not block

yes but it can also be i12 whiff punish. you can start the dash first then press the button when you see a whiff. the input window is very generous. and you can cancel the dash at any point so it's almost risky free. this is where it truly shines. you can confirm punish a whiffed df1 even.

it doesn't matter that it doesn't work all the time. if the whiff is when you are not dashing in, then simply don't do it. as long as it works sometimes, it's effective. because you can tell when it's gonna work. your opponent cannot. you get a nice risk free 40% combo once in a while. and your opponent is very afraid to throw out most moves in mid range. what more could you ask for?
mach one
Virtuoso
#1097 “Quote” Edit Post
You're right. Kat is not for me. Also should I just quit Tekken 7 along the way?

btw I use ff24 for two things. Hit them when they move or trying to ss and as a -14 punisher. I know I can punish -13 but I can't do that 90% of the time so I wouldn't want to make that risk.

you can still do it to a certain degree. what ff2 does is it tracks sidewalk in both directions extremely well, because of the dash realignment and fast impact. the move itself is pretty linear. if you try to time it to track a single step it will whiff a lot anyway.

and when they sidewalk it usually takes quite a while, unless they read your move. so what i do is i throw out a single ff2 when i think they are gonna walk. and while i dash i watch their stepping. if i see a side movement i press 4. you have a little bit more time to confirm the 4 alone than to confirm the whole string.

i know it's still semi read and semi confirm. but even when it used to jail it wasn't totally confirmable. you never know if they are just taking a single step or they may duck or do a high crush immediately. there's always risk. so even back then i would do this semi confirm thing because to whiff both hits is so much worse than just a ff2.

now it doesn't jail anymore. what this also means, besides that you are gonna have to be more careful throwing it out, is your opponent is also gonna have to be careful when they block a single ff2. if your opponent tries to check you immediately after blocking it, they may get launched by the 2nd hit. this is the silver lining to all the strings that don't jail. if it doesn't jail then it may counter. ff2 is only -5 on block which is pretty good to start with. kat's uf4 can go under some characters 10f jab at -5. if your opponent tries to iws2, they will get countered by your df4. even iws4 gets beaten by 444. if they always duck and look for the 2nd hit before making a decision, then you will get a lot of mental frames after ff2. so it's a pretty good approach tool now.

Last edited by mach one on Oct 5th, 2018 at 02:46

mach one
Virtuoso
#1098 “Quote” Edit Post

This can be shown here:

The only problem I see is that her jab is short range and it's only +4 on hit with 11 and +3 on hit with 12. It's pretty bad compared to most of the other casts that gets at least +5 on hit with their 12 strings. Would be nice if she has +5 so she can pressure them with df4 if they try to jab or d1 back. I guess it's a way for the to encourage you to finish those jab strings like 111 or 113 and etc.

df4 can easily get stepped at +5, not much different than 112 in terms of risk. 111 is the safest option.
mach one
Virtuoso
#1099 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MmickeysS
But when you're in range of those jabs, the issue arises. Punishing 1,1,2 is unnecessarily difficult because the jailing ceases too early and she recovers too fast. Why is it +70 on block anyway? Even +5 or 4 would have sufficed.

And then 2 safe mids? why? I've never liked string cheese and this just takes the cake. I think this is the only time I've ever painfully felt the need for a nerf. Even Noctis' d/b+1+2 doesn't annoy me like this.

112 on block is usually very far away. even at +7, pretty much every followup option can get dodged one way or another by most characters.
mach one
Virtuoso
#1100 “Quote” Edit Post
Also if they made ff4 safe or pushes her away on block when the opponent's back against the wall, it would be a viable wall splat. She doesn't have anything 100% safe wall splat. Pseudo safe but not 100% safe.
she has actually. It's her delayed hopkick. It's a 25f safe mid wall splatter. but it only works on king size above.