Page Splits <12345>...20
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
uf4,3 needs a high w! to b!

ch4 is the kazama anti EWGF tool both asuka and jun's is i11 and i'm assuming +7 on nh still
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
I like this idea of useing blue for asuka and red for jun for talking about the TA! combos. So far from what I have seen,they are the best 2 paired IMHO.
eleetplayah
War Lord
PSN: tenjinmon
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
uf4,3 needs a high w! to b!

well if i can't land df+2,2 tomorrow might as well opt for a d+2 instead...

Originally posted by XelNaga
I like this idea of useing blue for asuka and red for jun for talking about the TA! combos. So far from what I have seen,they are the best 2 paired IMHO.

yes, it's much easier to read. i will try and make a good list focusing on asuka and jun just like how i organized (sort of) the T6BR asuka combo thread. but as of now, there is a huge amount of time needed to test things out and get a hold of weird things such CH stuff, BT stuff etc.
Signature FaoStatic!
Complete Asuka/Jun Combo Thread
pIchu
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Ash
Yeah... frames on 4 haven't changed (y)

XelNaga
A mate of mine was messing around with Jun/Lee after seeing me play a bit... man... u/f+4,3~5 TA Lee b+2~f~N, b+2~f~N, b+2~f~N, b+2~f~N, some three hit string.. don't know the notation, WR+3. I didn't think it'd work... I thought Lee would've just stayed on. Anyway, the Kazamas are definitely a very suitable team but other characters work very well with them covering some of their weaknesses better.

Pao
Yeah... heaps and heaps to test. I didn't even know that what f,f+1+2 was til yesterday... and that's a launch. It's like a mini hadouken :p
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah ff1+2 has massive range and works as a savage, safe, mid whiff punisher - just a little slow - also looks like fei long's crouching fierce
angryprinces
1st Dan
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
During her b1+2 stance, is the mid hit (2) safe? cuz if it is it's a good mix up with the low (1)...

I noticed that her 1+2 is high crush..just like lars' f1+2...how fast is her 1+2? is there a guaranteed follow up when this move counter hits? thank you...
pIchu
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
angryprinces
Do yourself a favour and check out a few frame data sites like inatekken or Avoid The Puddle. It'll save yourself the trouble of asking [size=1]and us the trouble of replying :p[/size].

GEN 2 (GEN = Genjitsu = b+1+2) is safe. And yes, 1+2 is a high crush. On CH, it gives a double over stun (DOS) which is a breakable stun (by holding forward)... otherwise you can juggle off it.

Ash
Move to Australia so you can test this shit out with me. Fuck the UK. Everyone there seems so salty over everything..
eleetplayah
War Lord
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
so i went out and tested stuff. there's barely anything to do with ss ch+4 when opponent is against the wall. df+2 whiffs and d+2 makes jun travel over the opponent and ends up facing the wall herself. bummer... but i still love ss+4.

also i don't think i've seen it in the movelist but jun can also do can-can during izumo stance. i gained a lot of profit off of it today. oh and ff+4 as well. more profit lol.
Signature FaoStatic!
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Bill

mate, get me a job and I'm there

fuck this country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG3fou1E6os&ob=av2e

"ooooooooooohhooohhhh IN AUSTRALIA!!!"

eleet

Jun's f1+2 into Izumo is a homing move so you can use it to track step into mixups ch fishing for f1+2, 1+2 launch or 4,1_3_throws

@Bill again

is 2+3_1+4 her 1+2 break throw out of f1+2 Izumo?
pIchu
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
Really? You can cancan from IZU? Is the command the same or is it different? I'm willing to bet that you can do it from GEN and SS too! Will definitely have to test it out.

Sucks to hear about CH SS+4 on wall. No bound options but she still has her regular wall combo right?

Ash
hahah... uprooting to Australia will be a big jump... everyone is actually nice here. You'll explode at how everyone isn't wearing their salty cunts on their shoulders all the time.

Both her IZU 1+4_2+3 throws are 1+2 breaks, mate.
eleetplayah
War Lord
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
Pao
Really? You can cancan from IZU? Is the command the same or is it different? I'm willing to bet that you can do it from GEN and SS too! Will definitely have to test it out.

Sucks to hear about CH SS+4 on wall. No bound options but she still has her regular wall combo right?

yeah IZU,d+3+4 is the command for izumo to cancan. and if you're fighting the AI, it will eat the cancan most of the time if you do the entire 1,2,IZU,d+3+4 string. the AI loves ducking IZU for some reason, like controller reading the mishima wave dash.

i want to believe she can still combo off ch ss+4 with b+2,1,1 or 1+4,2,d+4.

for the ch 1+2, people have been breaking the stun in our arcades so i end up getting launched after attempting f+2. i think it's better to wait for the opponent to slowly fall over and follow up with uf+4,3 when fishing for a ch 1+2.

edit: errr... my bad IZU to cancan is already listed in the movelist as IZU,3+4 instead of what i thought was d+3+4. there's a IZU,1+2 as well which i haven't seen what it is.

and then there's this db+1,4 command. i want to believe this is an NC that could fish for a wallsplat just like alisa's b+2,4 (or 3, i don't know).
Signature FaoStatic!
pIchu
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sure that something is possible after a SS+4 at wall. I never remember to test cos there's always someone there to play against.

Ahh.. IZU 3+4 huh.. I'll see how effective it is.

Umm.. IZU 1+2 is her bound. Sharp today, Pao

Umm.. how about trying f+4 after a CH 1+2. It's a launch, +ve.. just check to see that you they can't break the stun then duck.

Pretty sure that d/b+1,4 isn't NC. Otherwise I'd be using it.. also, the 4 is high.

I'm liking all these ideas though! Keep them coming!

Edit:

Pao
CH SS+4, b+2,1,1 works when your opponent's back is at the wall. I forgot to try 1+4,2,4_d+4 but I'm sure that works as well. I'm actually wondering if 1+4, b+2,1,1 would work.

Actually, you got me thinking... I gotta test if WS+2,1 splats or not. Wanna see what her options after at the wall.

MiyusRibbons
I couldn't HC u/f+4,3... neither could Shotokan. Where did you hear that it was HC?

Also, u/f+4 on block is really fucking bad! We couldn't think of any 21f launchers but Steve u/f+2 launches it at i20. I don't know if you can really see the follow up not come out and punish accordingly but for safety sake, throw out the 3... I'd gladly take the -12~13 over -20+!

Last edited by pIchu on Dec 21st, 2011 at 14:26

IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
f1+2 is +5 on block so cancan would be uninterruptable

just to be anal steve uf2 is i19 but yeah, throwing out uf4 on its own is a bad idea lol - every cat can launch it

hmm may have to visit brisbane this year - and keep my pants on...
eleetplayah
War Lord
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
pichu
god, i thought i edited that out. about IZU,1+2 that is. it was a sudden streak of ignorance while i was typing yesterday.

couldn't think of anything new today because there was a sudden surge of challengers when i came in the arcades. 2 years not playing tekken and i can't escape any grabs at all. that one player made my blood boil for 20 minutes lol.

and yes ws+2,1 splats. which is what i use when the opponent's back is against the wall and i land ch FC df+2. regarding that, there was a time when uf+4,3 wasn't able to follow up my ch FC df+2 because of range issues. if that happens, ws+2,1 should do the work.

and to follow up ws+2,1, wallsplat, what i do is df+2,2, B!, b+2,1,1. with asuka, i do df+2,2, TA, b+2,1,4, f+2. i just made that combo up but i'm sure someone else has better options.

gained some profit today using 2,1,4,3 and ws+1,4,1+2. gotta use the moves people aren't familiar with while she's a week-old character here
Signature FaoStatic!
angryprinces
1st Dan
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
pIchu thank u for the link in avoiding the puddle.... I had troubles understanding inatekken..

hey when do you guys use ss4, is it a good evasion move like I can do 1,1,3,ss4 or df1.1.ss4? for me it's kinda slow...

I don't know if this was already mentioned but jun uf4,3 tag asuka b2,1,4 jun dash b2,1,4 works!
pIchu
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
I think we could all do with some solid work on breaking throws and basics in general. I've never been good at it but I'm slowly making progress.. I think :s

Good to know that WS+2,1 splats. Yeah, my automatic would be to do d/f+2,2~5 TA! Asuka f+1,4, b+2,1,1 after the splats. Seems the most logical and consistent thing to hit.

lol that was also my day 1 magic.. 2,1,4,3.. there's a NC in there somewhere but I'm not too sure where. I know you can delay the 4 as well but it definitely wouldn't be NC then._

WS+1,4,1+2 is unsafe.. you can mix it up with the low ender as well (WS+1,4,2). I wished the first two hits recovered faster.. I'd be able to use it in juggles then!_

Tried u/f+4,3~5 TA! Asuka b+2,4,3, WS+1,4, f,f+4... but the WS+1,4 recovers far too slow

So for something different, I dashed in and did (2),1,4,3 as a post TA. Not too bad I guess. Already getting sick of f,f+2,3 and b+2,1,4 as post TA enders.

Having said that, in a lot of Korean and Jap players are using d/b+1, d/f+4 as a post bound or post TA. The d/b+1 spikes and the d/f+4 is a ground hit. The hidden magic is that if your opponent does anything after the spike, the d/f+4 picks up for a float juggle!_

PS. Just call me Bill :p

angryprinces
SS+4 IS slow. You can use it out of any of her strings that transition into IZU. For example, do a lot of 1,2,4 (sometimes delaying the 4) until your opponent holds back and doesn't get hit by it anymore then start doing 1,2~SS+4. It forces crouch and gives good frames._

And yeah, that juggle is known.. just trying to find something different now.

Lastly, Jun doesn't have a 1,1,3. You're getting mixed up with Asuka.

Edit:
My bad, I was thinking of 1,2,3.

Last edited by pIchu on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 03:24

eleetplayah
War Lord
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Bill
lol, i was trying to keep the db+1, db+4 to myself after seeing it done by BeBe, a korean asuka/jun player. since the beans has been spilled here's one of my finds.

f+4, dash, 1+4, b+2,1,IZU,1+2, B! db+1, f+2. i'm pretty sure f+2 is guaranteed and if opponent attempts get-up kicks, he will get launched BT style. so...

f+2, 1, b+4,2, f+3,IZU,1+2, ff+2,3 when opponent is BT.

can you also test this for me, because i won't have the time to play as of now.
asuka,jun
b+4,2, TA, 2,1,4,3, b+2,4,3_db+4,3

b+2,1,4 is an obvious jun TA combo but i wanted to try something different. oh and if 2,1,4,3 fails, b+2,1,IZU,2 might be possible.

edit: does anyone have a good follow-up with that wall break thing that sends the opponent falling into the stage's lower level? they usually end up being B! face first and feet towards. some characters do unblockable moves like mishima spinning uppercut but i wonder about jun, even asuka.

Last edited by eleetplayah on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 08:58

Signature FaoStatic!
pIchu
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
lol... pretty sure anyone who knows what they're doing has seen matches on cyfren's channel... I there are some monster Juns out there but I like BeBe's style the most. Pretty exciting to watch.

I forgot to test your combo tonight... too busy trying to work out how the fucking jackpot works (which I didn't win... but now I do).

[OFF TOPIC]
The jackpot amount keeps increasing til it hits 1,000,000g... it'll look like this. When it shows this, anyone who plays will have a random chance to win that that 1mil gold. When you do win it, it'll show up on the screen, "You have won 1,000,000g" or something. You then have to go online to claim it. Anyway, just in case anyone was wondering.
[/OFF TOPIC]

Just a few notes about all these TA fillers... Jun's two main TA fillers of f,f+2,3 and b+2,1,4 will hit differently so you may have to adjust your combos a bit to suit each.

f,f+2,3 is by far the easiest to use since it hits pretty high up in the air allowing you to dash in for your TA enders. b+2,1,4 however, hits pretty far horizontally so hitting particular enders will be a bit harder with this.

I'm not sure how 2,1,4,3 would work but I guess I just gotta test it. Personally, I wish it was just the last two hits of the string by itself.

About barrier break or whatever it's called... it depends on how many hits have already landed.

After pretty much a full day of Tekken, I've changed my mind about Jun. On paper, she is really really bad (the complete opposite to how Kaz)... but in practice, she's pretty decent if you limit the risks you take. If played properly, I think she'll be mid tier at best.

Offensively, she's very good. She has good options that give her momentum. Just ending off every single string will lead up in bad frames and being punished.

Anyway, I am absolutely rooted... need to sleep. I'll post more shit tomorrow.
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
@BIll

THANK YOU!!! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!!
ashinomori
Lone Wolf
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luksgammer360
Also, some of her standalone combos:
f+2, u/f+3, b+2,1, b+2,1,f+1+2 ,1+2 (B!), ff+2,3
f+2, u/f+4,3 (B!), u/f+3, b+1,2, b+1,2,4
f+2, u/f+1, b+4,2, f+3,f+1+2, 1,2(B!), ff+2,2

are you sure regarding this:
f+2, u/f+4,3 (B!), u/f+3, b+1,2, b+1,2,4

i tried and it doesnt work. i think it's supposed to be:
f+2, u/f+4,3 (B!), u/f+3, b+2,1, b+2,1,4

by the way, i'm back here (after so long) and will try my hands on jun more frequent now. my initial pair was asuka and leo, but since there are enough input on jun (apart from youtube, but dat by far doesnt help me by much since no move notations there), i gave it a try for these past 3 days and i'm beginnign to like her, altho a bit tad slower than asuka.

lacking in terms of her pokings and setups. but if i find anything i'll post em here

btw combo i tried for jun alone:

uf4,3(B!), dash df1, b4,2, b2,1,4.

not much but it's a start for me.

Last edited by ashinomori on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 02:52

Signature : Conqueror
: Master
: Marauder
: Master