Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#901 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
Unreal Engine 5 for 2021. Wonder if it's gonna be the Engine the next Tekken game will go with.
and again lose even more time with yet another engine porting, like happened with 7?, lol. The porting to unreal has been a mistake, as you see you now need to go ue5 to suit new gen consoles needs. If they would have continued to used their own engine, and updated it generation after generation things would have been much smoother, and fast and seen before (regardless the fucking arcade milking in Asia). There's been one tekken only in this gen, one. This never seen before.

Also who cares, as the future with Murray is clouded and uncertain, and Harada-Boy already reached his zenith long ago. T7 became a mess eventually with season 3, wall carries for everyone,ttt2 combo style game and damage plus these pay to win characters like First Geese, then Leroy and finally now this terrible sagat fakhumboy.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#902 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
and again lose even more time with yet another engine porting, like happened with 7?, lol. The porting to unreal has been a mistake, as you see you now need to go ue5 to suit new gen consoles needs. If they would have continued to used their own engine, and updated it generation after generation things would have been much smoother, and fast and seen before (regardless the fucking arcade milking in Asia). There's been one tekken only in this gen, one. This never seen before.

Also who cares, as the future with Murray is clouded and uncertain, and Harada-Boy already reached his zenith long ago. T7 became a mess eventually with season 3, wall carries for everyone,ttt2 combo style game and damage plus these pay to win characters like First Geese, then Leroy and finally now this terrible sagat fakhumboy.

From what i understand, games that are in development already in UE4 can be simply and easily ported to UE5, this will allow games that are already in development to switch to UE5 when it will come in 2021, that sound pretty cool.

Personally i don't care much on what Engine Tekken 8 will be made, as soon as it will be great looking and cutting edge for its time (like Tekken 5 or Tekken 3 on their time), and improve on every aspects, especially Story and Customization the 2 aspects where Tekken 7 wasn't in its greastest. Tho Alt costume actually really did great for T7 and saved the day.

For Tekken 8 if custumization will still be a thing i hope to see improvement over there, basically based on T6's as based and build on for all kind of improvements. Actually if they just copy paste T6 system i will already be superior that both TTT2 and T7's customization imo.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#903 “Quote” Edit Post
ue5 uses fotogrammetry for moving its graphics instead of classic poligonal movement, making it a complete new world for developers, not to mention new lightning-shadow effects that have nothing to do with the past.

I don't know where you heard that games can be easily ported from ue4 to 5 easily, but I assure you that is trash info.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#904 “Quote” Edit Post

I don't know where you heard that games can be easily ported from ue4 to 5 easily, but I assure you that is trash info.

This is from Epic games themselves in the UE website:

"Were designing for forward compatibility, so you can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move your projects to UE5 when ready"

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/...unreal-engine-5
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#905 “Quote” Edit Post
That doesn't mean it is easy, but just as much compatible as possible, as we could have it no other way if epic wants devs to use their engine again.

Like I said UE5 doesn't move poligons in the usual fashion, but millions of triangules that configure fotogrammetry imaging (real life pics taken by camera or video), which is a whole new world of rendering for videogames. And if we get started with the new shader-lightning stuff that engfine is capable of then we're in for some nice huge headache.

CHANG39
Warrior
#906 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 6 BR running on a 2008 Namco System 357 (Direct Feed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEyHDxdOHQ

Tekken 6 looked freaking gorgeous, the game just looks really vibrant, and seems to be smoother than T7 for some reason, my guess as to why they went with the UE4 was probably because of the mobile game, in my opinion they should have stuck with the same engine, TT2 had incredible net code were as every fighting game that uses the UE4 have shitty net code.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#907 “Quote” Edit Post
I think they used UE4 mostly because it was easy and time gaining to make T7. But yeah i think the netcode problem could be related to UE4.

That being said, T6 remind me more of how a proper Tekken game without nonsensical guests would feel. Kinda miss that.
CHANG39
Warrior
#908 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder if the devs are going to feel the need to improve the net code for the game?
Heard the net code for Skull Girls is almost flawless after the supposed update?
Edit:Because of EVO of course.

Last edited by CHANG39 on May 28th, 2020 at 08:32

lightbeast
Legend
#909 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah what the hell happened there? T6 was nice looking, it had the motion blur, then T7 came along and it had all these sickly saturation effects on the stages.

Edit - I mean the online then was awful, but it was still better in visuals.

Last edited by lightbeast on May 29th, 2020 at 22:48

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#910 “Quote” Edit Post
T6 graphics were amazing.

The stages had so much going on in the background. Little things like the tree in the Cemetary stage getting hit by lightning and catching fire at the start of the match, and the little truck crashing in Rustic Asia... that kind of stuff was a nice touch. The location choices for the stages were memorable. Still remember the raging waves and the tornado in the background of Noh Theater, and wack perspective in Fallen Colony. The lighting and the colour palette made most of the stages look great.

And this is where T7 is seems lacking. All stages look more or less uniformly lit, and the probably the colour palette choice and the awful colour grading take away all contrast and make the stages look so dull and bland in general.

Seems lacking in spectacle even though the details are there.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#911 “Quote” Edit Post
For me there is no doubt that Tekken 7 is easily and by far the worst Console port for any Tekken game ever.

Tekken 5 and 6 consoles ports were amazingly great, specially Tekken 5, because Namco back then while they build their games on Arcade first, but always had console in mind, for Tekken 7 at the start of development all they had in their mind was only Arcade. Another thing is that Arcade cabinet for T5 and 6 were Playstation based so it made the more smooth and easier for developers for PS2 and PS2 (don't mean there weren't challenges as usual but still)

I'm playing Spiderman PS4 and i'm impress on how the game looks great, and load super fast. I know it's not same genre of game but that made me wonder how the hell T7 take ages to load a game compare to that game in the same hardware, so again, that's the advantage of having a game build around your console and not some arcade cabinet that has a totally different architecture that the console.

While T7 loading time are insanely long. I wonder if it's Bamco being lazy with PS4 port, or it's the fact the game was build with Arcade Harware in mind, so it made things difficult to port on a console, i would suspect T7 Arcade hardware has a much stronger CPU and faster Hard drive that the current consoles.

Let's hope they learned from that for the next Tekken game, i want for Tekken 8 to feel same as i felt for Tekken 5 on PS2, a game that build around the hardware, runs perfectly on the hardware, and uses all its capabilities and advantages. Don't fuck it Namco.

Thankfully the game is mad fun to play and to watch, Esport and the gameplay part of this game is really what saved T7 because on many other aspects it didn't delivered much compare to other Tekken games, and other fighting games.

Also the guest thing has gone overboard, i hope they'll stop with this Bullshit.Don't want to see anymore guests in T7, and for T8 while i would love 0 Guest added, but if you add guest at least add just 1 and that fits, also without fucking putting him/her in the main lore.

PS: Imo Tekken 5 still has the most good looking stages and with the most variety.

Tekken 7 stages are inconstant, some looks really great (Fakhumram stage, Twilight conflit), some others good, and some other are OK or meh.

I understand that making Stage in 3D fighting game and in a 2D fighting game stage are different things, but for Tekken 8 i hope they will give more importance to details and quality more than quantity, imagine if they pull a Tekken 8 game with stages that are all at the same level of Fakh stage, i don't mean it always have to has balcony, and floor break, just the the overall feel of polish in the stage, its identity and its feel, i want to feel that for every single stage in Tekken 8.
SSfox
Foxstepman
M0B
War Lord
#913 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't know about the tekken 1 and 2 machines, but from what i heard, the tekken 3 machine was really close to the ps1 hardware and porting was just a small step. Same goes for the other games, like tekken 6 even had the xmb from the ps3.

Tekken 7 machines are just simple desktop pcs and they're using the unreal engine, which made the console port an actual port this time.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#914 “Quote” Edit Post
No, actually Tekken 3's port was something of a miracle by the Namco devs.

PS1's hardware was very similar to Namco's System 11 board, which was what Tekken 1 and 2 ran on. For Tekken 3, Namco updated to the System 12 board, which had a faster processor. When Namco ported the game to PS1, the dev team had to scale back the graphics considerably in order to compensate for the lack of processing power. If you look closely between the versions, there are obvious differences. The models have far lower poly counts, and the backgrounds are only 2D textures on the PS1, as opposed to the arcade which had a lot of 3D objects in the background.

The fact that people can hardly tell the difference between the two versions is really an accomplishment given the technical hurdles involved. They knew exactly what to compromise on without losing the overall visual appeal.

Throw in about a million amazing extras (fully rendered endings, a ton of modes, Tekken Ball, Tekken Force mode, etc.), and you have one of the greatest home ports of all time. Period.

Last edited by Chinky-Eye on Jun 10th, 2020 at 00:53

SSfox
Foxstepman
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#916 “Quote” Edit Post
lol Harada suddenly popping up on twitter to say t7 has actually a rollback network model. This guy sure thinks we're all idiots.

So you know folks, "don't ask me for shit".

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#917 “Quote” Edit Post

That would be so cool.

But they scaled down on the models and animations for T7, and botched a lot of things up for the sake of cutting costs. I doubt they have it in them to do anything this complicated for T8.

---

lol Harada suddenly popping up on twitter to say t7 has actually a rollback network model. This guy sure thinks we're all idiots.

So you know folks, "don't ask me for shit".

What a surprise. That's like getting fiber optic internet but it only works at 20 year old copper wire speeds.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#918 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
That would be so cool.

But they scaled down on the models and animations for T7, and botched a lot of things up for the sake of cutting costs. I doubt they have it in them to do anything this complicated for T8.

T7 is success, quite more than TTT2. T8 should hopefully get a bigger budget than T7.

But still, bigger budget doesn't mean necessarily a better game, but if used well it definitely will only benefit the game.
SSfox
Foxstepman
#919 “Quote” Edit Post
Master Baek lol https://twitter.com/piiiide/status/1274310446137241600

PS: Tekken 6 render of Law was really great, maybe should be his target render ingame for Tekken 8?

Probably my favorite render on him, with of course his super iconic T4 render

Last edited by SSfox on Jun 21st, 2020 at 15:51

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#920 “Quote” Edit Post
Hahahaha, Baek would definitely sell like that.

I've been playing more Tag2 and I miss Baek and his flamingo antics in T7. Hwoarang doesn't hold a candle.