Page Splits 1...<4344454647>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#881 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you really think Ono didn't deserve the backlash when the dude who literally put the imho bad practice of throttling a good connection so the bad one stands a chance on the table in veryone's eyes, so everybody realize the shit we're dealing with in many games?, in tekken since season2 for instance?

What do you think of the "We make advantage of the arcade years so we can bring you best home version possible"?, did you forget about that too? (think on the ps4 version i this case), "and the don't ask me for shit"?

We understood from the beginning t7 was gonna be a service game, but come on enough is enough, specially when online gets worse patch after patch, like in past tittles by the way, and mind souring stuff like "connection to the opponent lost", day one issue they didn't deal with eventually still persist. Fuck that you know, fix these things too besides throwing more dlc.

I am all for season4, but oh boy I'd like some of the issues be ironed out already, so then I enjoy a better service and don't think on t8 too much.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SSfox
Foxstepman
#882 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol i didn't say Ono (or Harada) didn't deserve backlash when it was deserve, i said that somebody like Murray seems to have it hard to handle a post like this. Ono and Harada (and probably many other game producers) had backlash, but they handle it in their own way, and i'm sure it wasn't always easy, i won't name everything but just when Chloe was announced Harada had to handle a big bomb backlash on twitter, and so on, it is cool to give a feedback (positif or negatif) but some people are just harsh, and Harada know it and didn't let those clowns affect him, and instead rather to focus on the positvity and the people that give him legit feedback (which fortunately are majority, even if sometime not the loudest mouth), and same for Ono probably.

While murray seems already annoyed by twitter. What i'm trying to say is being producer of FG is something not everybody can handle. It's not just about Talent but you'll need to have a strong mental, specially against internet clowns, and shouldn't let yourself affect by those.

My opinion on Balance is that they should go by their own vision, now because of circumstance there won't be twt for a while so we can't see how it will affect, but i think they should stick with it if they think it's right, even if some top players disagree. I mean imagine if Kazuya will still not make any Top 8, think about how bad those whiners will look lol

In other hand, for 2D characters i think it will be more complicate to balance, but seems they nerfed geese and akuma while Eliza seems untouched, but again there need to be tournaments to see the real effect of the new balance patch.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#883 “Quote” Edit Post
Forget about the pro's claims and the way they are addressed bro, as for in the video I posted you saw It was adressed in an elegant non-aggressive way, something worth praising in what it still looks like a virgin face.

I'm talking about alll the $$ they have milked since release, and basic issues like the "connection to the opponent lost" still persist, let alone the degradation of the netcode patch after patch. It looks like since season 2 they added connection throttling to the network model, like SF5 ,COD and many more are using, that it was not that harsh in season1 as I could play even three bars from people from east coast perfectly fine, and I live in spain. You can't also react quick anymore egven on 5 bars, and the buffer saving your moves is hugeeee huge, which sucks and leads you to many mistakes or stuff you didn't intend to do.

Fuck that, and I'm sick they are not fixing all of this. Yeah guys you have to ask nicely and constructive criticism and blahblah FUCCCCCKKK DAT! Fix these damn things it's been three years of persistent $$ milking, so no nice no anything Harada-Boy and Murray Doll!, fix this issues already motherfuckers!

SSfox
Foxstepman
#884 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Forget about the pro's claims and the way they are addressed bro, as for in the video I posted you saw It was adressed in an elegant non-aggressive way, something worth praising in what it still looks like a virgin face.

I'm talking about alll the $$ they have milked since release, and basic issues like the "connection to the opponent lost" still persist, let alone the degradation of the netcode patch after patch. It looks like since season 2 they added connection throttling to the network model, like SF5 ,COD and many more are using, that it was not that harsh in season1 as I could play even three bars from people from east coast perfectly fine, and I live in spain. You can't also react quick anymore egven on 5 bars, and the buffer saving your moves is hugeeee huge, which sucks and leads you to many mistakes or stuff you didn't intend to do.

Fuck that, and I'm sick they are not fixing all of this. Yeah guys you have to ask nicely and constructive criticism and blahblah FUCCCCCKKK DAT! Fix these damn things it's been three years of persistent $$ milking, so no nice no anything Harada-Boy and Murray Doll!, fix this issues already motherfuckers!

I agree with many points here, but it wasn't the thing i was talking about.

If we're about where T7 should improve that's another debate and something i've mentioned many times before, personally i want netcode improvement and ghost mode, i hate the fact Treasure is limited to 2 rounds, and being force with those turbo, damage modes that ruin the way you play, i mean those were fun first time you get to try them but that's it, there is no place in T7 where you can play AI in normal setting (3 rounds, no gimmick mode). I mean there is arcade mode but then again it's only 5 matches and hundreds years of loading in between matches. And Netcode doesn't help much, not only that, but you wait until you get a match, most of the time if you win the guy will high chance won't rematch you, because a lot of people don't play for fun or to learn, but just to have that "Rank", the game should at least force FT2 the way MK11 does.

Outside of that i think it's unfair saying BN keep milking T7, compare to the other fighting games the ratio between what you paid and what you get is much higher than other fighting games. Of course except Season 1 that i've already gave my opinion on it many times already.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#885 “Quote” Edit Post
Well I come from a one hour and a half or so session, in which I have had like twenty "connection to the opponent lost" messages, as well as absolute instability in 90% of the matches I have been able to play, when the game fucking wanted to connect me and the opponent.

This is not serious, and we keep buying dlc when this stuff is day one issue.

Pathetic the state of this game right now, and season 4 is coming without all of this ironed out lol. Please folks just use your brains and don't spend more money on this service game. Speaking with your wallets is our last and best weapon against this.

And the console users..., I just cannot fathom how they have been able to stand this situation for three years already (the PC version has little by little become that shit).

"Don't ask me for shit", or I block you on twitter. Fuck you "bearded man". F A C K, U

Haseeb_Zaibatsu
3rd Dan
PSN: Haseeb-I
XBL: iBurnouts
#886 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Well I come from a one hour and a half or so session, in which I have had like twenty "connection to the opponent lost" messages, as well as absolute instability in 90% of the matches I have been able to play, when the game fucking wanted to connect me and the opponent.

This is not serious, and we keep buying dlc when this stuff is day one issue.

Pathetic the state of this game right now, and season 4 is coming without all of this ironed out lol. Please folks just use your brains and don't spend more money on this service game. Speaking with your wallets is our last and best weapon against this.

And the console users..., I just cannot fathom how they have been able to stand this situation for three years already (the PC version has little by little become that shit).

Couldn't agree more, ever since the last patch, there have been so many connection issues with the game, and I can't believe not a whole lot of people are talking about it. Before patch I used to decide ranked deathmatch with my friend, we would both search with +-2 ranked settings, and we'd immediately get matched, these days sometimes no matter how much you try, you simply won't get matched. This happened with 2 of my friends, and we can play player matches just fine. Another problem, the game gets "stuck" at "Connecting" screen when rematching at times and it's freakin annoying, takes a good 2-4 minutes to show communication error, and if you alt+f4, you get penalty, that's ridiculous.
Not to mention that aside from these bugs, there are many other "crash" issues that the community encounters everyday on PC, I have friends saying their game crashed at least once every single time we play.
Honestly gameplay was the only thing keeping this game alive, which is now also being ruined by balance team. Otherwise, this game is a downgrade in every single way compared to Tag 2.
Can't wait for Tekken 8 or a patch that actually addresses technical issues than buffing mid/top tier characters.
Hasaldo
7th Dan
#887 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I think that's more due to the whole covid-19 lockdown/quarantine rather than the last patch. At least here in Europe. Almost everyone is at home at the moment and mostly playing games/watching videos which puts a lot of stress on the networks. This was even mentioned in some news outlets. (For example, Sony even started slowing down game download speeds in Europe to release some of the stress).

Now don't get me wrong about the whole netcode thing in t7, I agree it's not good. But just the last few weeks I think it has different reasons than bamco fucking up.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#888 “Quote” Edit Post
^Don't buy their crap.

Hasn't anyone being noticing for a loong time those inputs that wasn't actually pressed?, I mean It isn't about "just" not being able to react to a lot of stuff, something you could do during season 1. There're many more things exposed by how terrible these adjustments for the people with sucking balls internets have turned t7 network model into. Even with 5 bar connections against folks very close to your position and with good internets is weird, with the "hey I didn't pressed those buttons" issue happening too.

And when you see Murray mocking everyone talking about their netcode and that, It's just as infuriating as it can get, not just when he mocks the ones advising him about side-stepping, as if they were.., cockroaches was it?, oh man come on, stop threating some like that, because they are not a small part of the game btw.

Open your eyes. Fuck season4 don't spend more money on t7. Let's go for next game and see if they at least have done their homework this time, otherwise bye Murray/Harada it was a good time.

dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#889 “Quote” Edit Post
You know, I feel the same way. My reasons are bit different, but I don't want to put any more money into this half assed game. You hope and hope and hope that the things you want will come or improve, but nope, the devs have other plans.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#890 “Quote” Edit Post
<<I want to think this milking means tekken8 won't have an arcade period, and will be released on all platforms for the first time ever>>

<<I want to think they have had the game in production, and that a very small separate team has made all the extra stuff for t7>>

yeah im delusional

SSfox
Foxstepman
#891 “Quote” Edit Post
I want:

- Ghost Mode.
- Better Netcode
- Improving loading time (it's quite horrendous in that aspect, realize this even more when you make sessions between T7 and MK11)

I think i wouldn't even mind just 3 or even 2 characters for season 4, if there's gonna be those kind of life improvement
Haseeb_Zaibatsu
3rd Dan
PSN: Haseeb-I
XBL: iBurnouts
#892 “Quote” Edit Post
I hope there are no more characters, already tired of learning matchups for last 3 years as someone who started playing seriously from T7. I can tell you I am still pretty weak against many of the characters, it simply isn't quite feasible for new comers who wanna take this game serious at a competitive level to be good against 50+ characters. Not to mention, Tekken's complexity due to 3D movement and large movelist makes it even harder. You've got 2 sides, where the general direction to sidestep/sidewalk certain moves is obviously changed due to concept of foreground and background. Anyways, enough ranting on characters. I too want :
1. Better netcode
2. Crossplay (Please! Small regions like South America, South Asia etc suffer the most since the already small playerbase is further divided into 3 different platforms, making it even harder to find opponents)
3. Shorter loading times as SSfox mentioned, come on, it's 2020.
4. Fix them bugs, 2020 and my game still crashes frequently just because I pressed Alt+tab to minimize the game.
5. Make movement more rewarding, I was watching the latest SpeedKicks video called "Knee's legendary jab" where he shows a match between Qudans and Knee from T5 DR. Man the crisp movement alone made the matches extremely fun to spectate, it was crazy how tiers suddenly stopped mattering to a large degree mainly because how even weaker characters were able to control the pace of the game by merely movement. In a 3D game like tekken, dumbing down sidestepping and movement isn't looking very nice, it's imo making the game more random.
Also it's crazy how they add characters which are exception to T7's universal dumbed down movement, like Zafina, her movement is still T5 or TTT1's level, why???

Now I'm not in hurry of T8, it's gonna have the same development team most probably, so better let them take time but deliver a proper product instead of barebones like T7.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#893 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah although I didn't like that game, I have to admit t5 movement and input response was godlike. From t6 onwards we went backwards on that department, and I don't understand why as well. Maybe because the focus on the online play by developers, making everything feel that clunky so when you go online don't feel too much the difference.

I've also been watching some t5 videos (maddogjin etc) recently and you're right. Looks like a complete different game, very fast and responsive, and those matches are crazy epic indeed.

Hasaldo
7th Dan
#894 “Quote” Edit Post
About movement, I don't think it's a direction in the sense of "from t6 onwards movement was nerfed". To my experience, t5 movement was godlike, then was extremely nerfed (especially sidestep) in t6.
Then in tag2 it was buffed hard, almost as good as t5.
And as we all know it was nerfed heavily again in t7 (If I remember correctly, it was worse in one of the earlier arcade versions, but after lots of complaints the nerf was toned down slightly. But it in the end it was still a big nerf compared to tag2).

Then again, it's not like I "measured" this stuff with frame comparison or anything. Just my experience from playing and watching videos.

Edit: Sidenote, I'm all in favour of of buffing movement. I absolutely hate the nerfed movement. And I did so from the second I got my hands on t7.
krelianx
1st Dan
#895 “Quote” Edit Post
I think this whole charade with the latest updates and Murray has reflected poorly reflected on the whole community.

Murray should remember that the bulk of the community is composed of teenagers who are too immature to present constructive criticism or be empathetic. It is easy to forget that when you're just reading comments and seeing memes.

But Tekken 7 is an extraordinary game that made the franchise bigger than it ever was, and it has been going on strong with new content for years. Nobody could have expected that. Think of all the new content, the amazing tournaments we have seen... last year's Pakistan saga and Knee vs Arslan... this would would have been unthinkable had the game not grown as it did. Or how the Peruvian players had an amazing showing during the tour! This only has been able to happen because of the game's growth. It has integrated the community and expanded it beyond all expectations. We should be thankful.

People will say that the reason it is that big it is because the community has supported it, but the truth is this many people wouldn't be playing it as much if the developers didn't do such an amazing job balancing hardcore fan service and making it accessible to newer players, particularly after the TTT2 fiasco. The bulk of players are not pro-level gamers, and the win-loss rates stats for online play confirm that. Balancing cannot be based only on tournament play.

Yes, I think homing hellsweeps and fast recovering electrics dumb the game down. And there's characters that are neglected in balancing patches and remain underpowered. But I understand this: you don't invest in unpopular characters, but you want your flagship brand faces to have more notoriety. The Mishimas and Hwoarang are here to stay. Eliza and Gigas... possibly not. Yes, Leroy was insanely OP when first introduced. But this is a somewhat common thread with new characters when they are first introduced, to get people to play them: Feng, Bob, Steve, T4 Jin, Leroy, Lars... all were OP in their first incarnations.

It's no different than the UFC investing their promoting funds on the fighters they think are more popular and they want to see succeed. Why would the Tekken developers invest resources on characters that are not liked as opposed to their home brand names? Overall, the development has done an incredible job of amplifying the new gamer base, bringing characters like Negan or Noctis who are both recognizable from other franchises and/or easier to pick up and play (like Claudio). While at the same time giving us classic characters for the hardcore fans, like Lei, Ganryu, Anna, etc. And new characters, stages, features...

The truth is the developers owe us nothing, it is a privilege we get so much insight and responsiveness to our demand, and it is a sorry display of childish entitlement from kids throwing a tantrum against Murray and the development team after we have gotten an ungodly amount of content, and the game is as amazing to play and watch as any Tekken game ever. With this said, they should know this.

Last edited by krelianx on Apr 17th, 2020 at 21:46

Hasaldo
7th Dan
#896 “Quote” Edit Post
^

While I agree wiht most stuff you said, there is one important thing to keep in mind. To get everything for t7 you basically had to pay 150 euros (base game and 3 season passes). And it still has less content than tag2.
(T7s success was also helped by the much better marketing, twt support, sf5 having bad start, and twitch/streaming being more popular. Just to name a few things. But that's a different topic)

Throwing a childish tantrum is indeed stupid and never really helps but I can understand why a lot of people are not satisfied. They paid huge money for a game that has under delivered for that amount of money.

Edit:typo.
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#897 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll preface this by saying it's nice to see people enjoying the game enough to be so positive about it.

But...

Originally posted by krelianx
People will say that the reason it is that big it is because the community has supported it, but the truth is this many people wouldn't be playing it as much if the developers didn't do such an amazing job balancing hardcore fan service and making it accessible to newer players, particularly after the TTT2 fiasco.

Hardcore fan service in T7? What's that? Oh, you mean introducing 2d mechanics in a 3d game? Dumbing down the existing mechanics? Hacking up beloved characters and replacing them with mediocre counterparts? All but eliminating single player content? Watering down customization? Charging for legacy characters even when they said they wouldn't? All that? OK.

Making it accessible to newer players is how the game grew. Dumbing down game mechanics to lower the learning curve, and throwing in shit like rage arts and armor moves so that any button masher stands a chance at looking "cool" and winning is why people came flooding into T7.

Let's be real. While I agree the game is still a fair bit of fun, the devs did not do much for the legacy fanbase.

The truth is the developers owe us nothing, it is a privilege we get so much insight and responsiveness to our demand,

What privilege? What insight? Legacy characters and frame data? They saw an opportunity to make money, and they took it. It wasn't a privilege or anything that they bestowed upon us. What they did with Tag2 was the real privilege. While it's true that the devs don't owe us a damn thing, it's also true that we don't owe the devs any gratitude either because they're charging for a big chunk of what they put out. The game's success is just a case of creating and managing demand and supply well.

and it is a sorry display of childish entitlement from kids throwing a tantrum against Murray and the development team

I agree people are being childish in their reactions to Murray. But Murray also goes hand-in-hand with his foot-in-mouth ways of communicating. He's the Laurel to the community's Hardy. He's the Elmer Fudd to the community's Daffy Duck.

after we have gotten an ungodly amount of content, and the game is as amazing to play and watch as any Tekken game ever. With this said, they should know this.

Ungodly amount of content? What? Are we playing the same game?
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] [alex] for T7!
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#898 “Quote” Edit Post
Back home we call this a textbook case of Stockholm Syndrome.

PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#899 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by krelianx
Bitch shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc5v8r0rNk0
Signature
SSfox
Foxstepman
#900 “Quote” Edit Post
Unreal Engine 5 for 2021. Wonder if it's gonna be the Engine the next Tekken game will go with.