Getting The Best Connection

Page Splits <12345>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
dogstick
1st Dan
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
can I just leave the MTU setting on the ps3 to automatic? or i really need to put it to 1500? Thanks!
JMS
~.~.
PSN: JMS_
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
random slowdowns like that are usually what i experience when someone is wireless.

mtu can be automatic. you need to test both to determine whether one is better than the other.
Tool God
Asian Delight
PSN: TGSeraph
XBL: TGSeraph
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
For about 2 weeks now I haven't been able to connect with anybody online. I had no problems before, but now I can't connect! This sucks!
Signature " in 7 years from now, i garuntee 16$ a galloon.
QUOTE ME ON THAT ! "
--Xeromos-- (Mar. 1, 2008)

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Worldmaker404
War Lord
PSN: Worldmaker
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
How about if you're just showing 0 signal bars, constantly?

I can connect and play just fine, but unless the opponent is willing to ignore the 0 signal indicator, I'm screwed. Can't get ranked or player matches, generally, and this only happens on the DSL at work.

I'm getting GOOD connections in-game, through Arena, but showing 0. Ideas?
Signature ***MaDDoG Worldmaker***

Elite Tip #4,295 - Before a match, I look at my opponent and think, "Man, I wish that was a hot chick with nice boobs", then I begin to think about what I had for breakfast that morning, what I'm going to watch on TV that night, and at some point, I start to pay attention to the match. Usually about three rounds in.
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
PSN: The__Challenger
XBL: CHALLENGER 1980
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Worldmaker404
How about if you're just showing 0 signal bars, constantly?

I can connect and play just fine, but unless the opponent is willing to ignore the 0 signal indicator, I'm screwed. Can't get ranked or player matches, generally, and this only happens on the DSL at work.

I'm getting GOOD connections in-game, through Arena, but showing 0. Ideas?

First, what is your search requests? Does it appear as a constant 0 or does it flux if you watch the acceptance bar for a sec?
The problem I have is getting 4 and even 5's, then right when in mid match the shit drops drastically. I mean it doesn't slowly go down a digit, it falls from 4/5 to a 2/1.

Another thing, it seems real funny how it always happens when I'm in the lead.
This is only on PS3 btw.
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1
SridharsVs
Legend
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
What are the minimum requirements to get a 5 BAR lagless connection?? I mean the download and upload speed, ping etc.

I am planning to play with players across the globe and I currently get only 1 BAR. My connection details : Download 1.8mbps, Uplooad 0.31mbps, Ping 84, Wireless connection.
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys i got lil problem i cannot connect with any player when i play online... any Idea??

when i try tekken 6 it works perfect

help
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SridharsVs
What are the minimum requirements to get a 5 BAR lagless connection?? I mean the download and upload speed, ping etc.

I am planning to play with players across the globe and I currently get only 1 BAR. My connection details : Download 1.8mbps, Uplooad 0.31mbps, Ping 84, Wireless connection.

well i think its not possible to get green bars worldwide... coz you have low connection. you need at least T1 more than 20MB...
last time i got some 15mb connection and even then i was able to get 3 bars mostly with international plyers
you can still get green bars locally in your country or at least your city

Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
PaulZ
Iron Fist God
PSN: PaulZ123
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
In moving to San Francisco bay area and getting new Internet providers. Depending on the ISP I use, I have some choices between 12Mbps, 15Mbps, and 25Mbps. Is there a point of diminishing return, such as "it doesn't make a diff after 10Mbps", or is it always "the faster the better"?

Will there be a drastic improvement between 12Mbps and 25Mbps?

--Paul.
Kane
Lucky Lili
PSN: emily_rochefort
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
it's not gonna make a difference... those are download speeds. what you want are upload speeds ... anything above 2 mbps will be good
Signature 💢 repping the Tekken Kawaii Brigade ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ ) (◕‿◕✿ ) ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

Originally posted by Lukmendes
I honestly wonder if Kane has a list of "Why Lili sucks" on his computer, to avoid having to write the same things over and over again .
PaulZ
Iron Fist God
PSN: PaulZ123
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx Kane.
lespaulphoenix
4th Dan
PSN: LesPaulPhoenix
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi, all.

I'm sorry if this is horribly off-topic in any way, but this seems to be the best place to ask my question. Lately, I've been playing primarily 5 bars, but it doesn't take long for the connection to fall dead. I am using wireless, and my console is in a different room than my router. I have a little one running around, so I can't really have wires all over the place. (in that respect, am I just totally screwed?)
Now, when the kid goes to bed, and I get a chance to play, my partner watches Netflix in the other room, we also leave the computer running... Would this attribute to all the issues I've been having?

I'm not much of an electronics guy (unless we're talking about amps or guitar tech) so I'd appreciate help being in layman's terms as much as possible...
please and thanks.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lespaulphoenix
Hi, all.

I'm sorry if this is horribly off-topic in any way, but this seems to be the best place to ask my question. Lately, I've been playing primarily 5 bars, but it doesn't take long for the connection to fall dead. I am using wireless, and my console is in a different room than my router. I have a little one running around, so I can't really have wires all over the place. (in that respect, am I just totally screwed?)
Now, when the kid goes to bed, and I get a chance to play, my partner watches Netflix in the other room, we also leave the computer running... Would this attribute to all the issues I've been having?

I'm not much of an electronics guy (unless we're talking about amps or guitar tech) so I'd appreciate help being in layman's terms as much as possible...
please and thanks.
I had a long experience as a wireless player, and know very well how to set up wireless connections, so you might follow my advice on this.

First off, use a program to scan all wireless connections that surround your area, and see how many people are using channel 1.; If they are too many, switch to channel 2 (It is usullally empty for most people are using auto mode for the channel selection), and you are good to go. It is always EXTREMELY important to select the lowest channel possible (1,2 or 3, but not higher) because they are the most powerful ones with the strongest signals, which is the thing that matters the most instead of the range provided by the upper channels (from 6 up to 11), but with the weaker signal strengths.

Second your MTU. See If your router has the option to auto-manage the MTU (If so you will see a zero instead of the classic 1492 for DLS, or 1500 for optic fiber). If setting It to "0" is possible (the router decides the maximum transmission unit depending on the network traffic each moment), then you are good to go to. This will help to stop the wireless cuts dramatically when combined with the lower channels, like 1 or 2.

Third. Disable uPnP and any other crap like that. These things lead only to network instability, trust me on this.

Do not forward any port unless your router has very harsh NAT that don't allow you to join most game lobbies. If your router's NAT is friendly (open), then NEVER EVER forward any port for It leads only to increased network traffic = increased lag. This is something people still don't seem to understand nowadays; they think opening ports help to reduce lag, when that actually leads to the opposite. Opening ports is necessary for ALSO p2p (like console gaming) programs) like torrent, emule, ares, etc, but in those programs you ain't playin right?, opening the ports for them allow you to download at the maximum speed depensing on the peers, but that translated into gaming, means more network traffic = INCREASED LAG, so remember..., If your router's NAT is friendly, then DO NOT FORWARD ANY PORT = less lag.

Finally, even If you have "N" wireless (dual channel), I strongly recommend you setting It to "G". The reason for this is that "N" wireless (dual) works fine ONLY when you are next to the router and no obstacles can be found. Since you have at least one wall that stands between you and your router, you'd better off setting the wireless signal reception to "G". This is as important as all the things I've recommended you above, even more.

Even when all of this will set your wireless to Its maximum capabilities, you have to remember that those annoying mini-cuts are natural to all wireless connections using the free radio band we all use (802.11 at 2'4Ghz). You will always experience them no matter how well you have configured your router, although you have my word that, after doing this, you will reduce them by 70%. EG: even your wireless pad (no matter it is the xbox one or the ps3) sometimes have mini-cuts, and you sure have experienced that too right? heheh. That's what I'm talking about.

About the netflix you are talking about, you have to take into account that It takes upload speed sources, which could result in increased latency, so If you are watching netflix, and you are on crap DSL, then I would not recommend playing at the same time. Hell, I don't even recommend doing that even on fiber optic, because increaed latency is increased, even on fiber

Hope you do fine.
dogstick
1st Dan
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
^^
Do not open any ports? how about dmz? I'm using wired tho... thanks!
JMS
~.~.
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
check the first post for an adapter to go "wired without the wires." yes, netflix may impact your tekken.
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dogstick
^^
Do not open any ports? how about dmz? I'm using wired tho... thanks!
DMZ is even worse since It exposes your machine to the internet completely, opening all ports.

DMZ is the option for the lazy mostly, and the most dangerous one as well. Do not use DMZ
dogstick
1st Dan
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
i turned my dmz off then i played all day yesterday and today. I noticed that it's harder to find a match (or possibly not so many people playing) But i also noticed that connection to nearby countries improved a little bit.(before, always steady at 4. now it goes back and fort to 5 and 4.)

will try it more when i get the chance.
Novi Glitzko
1st Dan
PSN: novi_glitzko
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay, big problem. Any help appreciated!

I've read over some solutions and this is similar although slightly different. I'm using a high-powered broadband (20mg) wired connection, that is working perfectly (as I rang them up saying I was having issues but it's actually working great).

My problem is, whenever I search a player match it shows 1 bar matches only. I go into a European match and the host is 1 bar, but everyone else could be 4-5 bars. Ranked matches works perfectly fine, 4-5 bars. When in the world arena, works fine too. I thought this was a NAT issue, thinking mine was strict, but it's not. I went through all the trouble of changing it but it still made no difference! There is a PC and laptop using the same broadband connection but they don't ever be downloading stuff or things like that so it's hardly effecting me that much? It's extremely frustrating.

What is wrong? What do I need to do to change this?

Also, bit of a silly question but, if for instance an iPhone was using the connection here at one time does it matter to the internet connection from then on? Even though it might not have connected to it in months?
Signature Live by the sword, die by the sword.
JMS
~.~.
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
dmz is fine; just make sure its for an assigned ip that only your ps3 uses.

dont know, novi, but make sure you assign your ps3 1 ip via your router, and the right ports are open.
Novi Glitzko
1st Dan
PSN: novi_glitzko
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JMS
dmz is fine; just make sure its for an assigned ip that only your ps3 uses.

dont know, novi, but make sure you assign your ps3 1 ip via your router, and the right ports are open.

Thanks. I assigned a specific IP for the PS3, but didn't do anything about ports. What do you advise I do about it and is there a explanation on how to do it? Again, thanks for the help.
Signature Live by the sword, die by the sword.