Yoshi in BR [FAQ 1st post] (updated:3/18/09)

Page Splits 1...<39404142>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#801 “Quote” Edit Post
The upside of this situation, from the view of such a hardcore fangirl as me, is that it matches Yoshimitsu's storyline: Yoshimitsu's sword lost its balance and power and Yoshimitsu now doesn't only take part in the tournament to win something: he truly fights for survival.

He must take part in it to have a chance to bring the balance back to his sword: otherwise he'll go insane. And, he risks defeat in the tournament because he's weaker than before.

Yoshi is now pretty much "between the devil and the deep sea".

But anyways, it brings nothing to a competitive gameplay...

... maybe just one thing: I learned to play without any remorse. I don't have any queasiness, not any mercy, I piss off my opponents on purpose with low spins, have a better throwing game, more insolent, abusive low game, and I murder them at the wall without any regret.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely ? lay your life before him.

o As quoted in Bruce Lee : Artist of Life (1999) edited by John R. Little, p. 192
Signature http://www.TekkenPRO.pl - Community of Polish Tekken Pro Players
http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
Yoshimattsu
Master
PSN: Yoshimattsu
XBL: Party Hat Matt
#802 “Quote” Edit Post
That was beautifully said, and I agree 100%... I used to have a certain degree of guilt if I felt I won in a way that was cheap or scrubby, but not anymore.. I will do what I have to for victory, and be damn proud when it works..
Signature It's astounding, time is fleeting....
lawlhalla
5th Dan
PSN: lawlhalla
XBL: lawlhalla
#803 “Quote” Edit Post
I have learned to do exactly the same Kazu-Yoshi-girl.
but the problem is, i dont want to play like that.
i only really go cheap when i'm vs a christy or eddy, every one of those is always a move repeater, and if they do that. its over with the fun and they can expect a lot of u+3+4 and d/b 3,3,3,3's. They always seem to fall for those. I've never met 1 good christy or eddy. ( ofcourse that might be not so great a claim since i haven't got tekken 6 that long yet lol )

but i dont want having to be cheap only to win a match. I've played a lot of DOA4. and i mostly played Ryu Hayabusa as my main there. There's a lot of similarities between him and Yoshi. but there i had the feeling that i had a bit more control then with Yoshimitsu in tekken 6. i didnt necessarily have to be cheap there to win, and honestly those gave me a lot more interesting matches. if you know what i mean.

edit : urgh i've got matched with 5 kings in a row. and all they did was 1 combo. a lot of grabs. But thats no problem. the problem is : as soon as i was on the ground they started downkicking me in a corner. thats all they did. occasionally mixing up with a mid attack. i can't believe people actually WANT to play like that. its the most stupidest thing every. and i'm entirely frustrated now /rant.

Last edited by lawlhalla on Dec 26th, 2009 at 23:06

SAPhoenix
1st Dan
#804 “Quote” Edit Post
There's nothing wrong with playing to win, especially as a Yoshi player. Bruce Lee had the right idea! *lol*

I don't think there is a "cheap" way to play Yoshi, unless you guys were referring to matches against unskilled opponents. Every single match against a decent opponent is hard work IMO. If you get an opportunity to do damage, take it.
Signature "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#805 “Quote” Edit Post
i have just noticed that f,F+1+4, f,F takes 72, 144 damage o_O Both hits are clean death for Yoshi, but in case you missed first, the second takes almost a whole lifebar. O_O

I wonder if we manage to make any setups for it. It would mean scoring 2 simple hits and going for a death setup.

Too good to be true. Too slow to setup.
lawlhalla
5th Dan
PSN: lawlhalla
XBL: lawlhalla
#806 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kazu-Yoshi-girl
i have just noticed that f,F+1+4, f,F takes 72, 144 damage o_O Both hits are clean death for Yoshi, but in case you missed first, the second takes almost a whole lifebar. O_O

I wonder if we manage to make any setups for it. It would mean scoring 2 simple hits and going for a death setup.

Too good to be true. Too slow to setup.

i have a friend and f,F+1+2 d+1+4,b(or f can't remember atm.)+1 works wonders near walls and its awesome in a corner. since he's fairly slow and defensive, but i never got to using f,F after it. its just to great of a risk to use since as you already stated its to slow.

quick question : has anyone got a decent setup for the hara kiri to manji blood dance?
BullRage!
Nins Best Friend..
PSN: Bullrage
XBL: IBullRageI
#807 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok hey ppl, i just wanted to kno cos i am a combo exhibitionist myself, i use steve as a main, i used to play yoshi in tekken 4 5 dr, but now i havnt been using him much, because i dont know alot about him,
jus wandering if there are any other combos that take to wall, other than the b2and move after or d+22 after bound, sorry if i got the notations wrong,

is b+21+2 the best wall combo after bound? wat ever happened to f+2db+2222, wat about dB+333334 does that work?

i used him for a while in tekken 6 but i thought he was gettin abit boring wit the same combo enders etc, i want to get back to use him and learn more, but need help... thanks to anyone that replies in advance..

also alot of things i dont like about him in this too, b+3+43+4 it looks like its minus frames lol, that used to be a great evasive moves into uf+3 but it seems much slower now... havnt seen anyone use it,
Signature Team: Perfect Input Members: SMP, Bullrage, Fhwoarang, Ares, Guc11
03/11/10 T6 Steve Act 2 WATCH!
Tekken Dr Steve cmv act2

Inca
(=' 3 ')=
PSN: xxIncaxx
#808 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BullRage!
Ok hey ppl, i just wanted to kno cos i am a combo exhibitionist myself, i use steve as a main, i used to play yoshi in tekken 4 5 dr, but now i havnt been using him much, because i dont know alot about him,
jus wandering if there are any other combos that take to wall, other than the b2and move after or d+22 after bound, sorry if i got the notations wrong,

is b+21+2 the best wall combo after bound? wat ever happened to f+2db+2222, wat about dB+333334 does that work?

i used him for a while in tekken 6 but i thought he was gettin abit boring wit the same combo enders etc, i want to get back to use him and learn more, but need help... thanks to anyone that replies in advance..

also alot of things i dont like about him in this too, b+3+43+4 it looks like its minus frames lol, that used to be a great evasive moves into uf+3 but it seems much slower now... havnt seen anyone use it,

aside from b+2,1 and d+2,2 he has 3~4 _ 1, 2,1 _ f+4 nothing else really. f+2d/b+2,2,2,2,2 is not consistant and doesn't carry. d/b+3,3,3,3 doesn't either. A bit boring is kinda silly since in t4 and t5 all his juggles were exactly the same, at least now he can at least mixup his juggles.
Signature slaughtering you with love taps.
Yoshimattsu
Master
#809 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Inca
A bit boring is kinda silly since in t4 and t5 all his juggles were exactly the same, at least now he can at least mixup his juggles.

I agree, while being harder to use now, he is much more rewarding and more fun to use than he was previously.. At least in my opinion..

(Edit)

By rewarding I meant in a personally satisfying way, not in a "Risk vs. Reward" sort of way...

Last edited by Yoshimattsu on Jan 1st, 2010 at 02:35

O.M.A.C.
Master
PSN: Omen815
#810 “Quote” Edit Post
Against some characters I have a hard time going into any of the stances. Against Jin I get b+2,1'd out of everything. MED+3 against Law turns into a full back combo. I was wondering if you guys could discuss some of your setups for different stances. Is it best to save DGF till your opp. back is to the wall? For awhile I stopped using stances all together because of my competition but I wanna start trying it again.

Thanks

Peace
Signature "I have not destroyed you. I do not have to destroy because I don't fear." Apocalypse

"It's better that I do not know why you should die. Doing so would disrupt my concentration." Kenshin

Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
#811 “Quote” Edit Post
Using stances is about knowing your opponents and their timing. You know what they do, so it should be easy.

Generally, to stop being hit out of the mixups, the first time you get into the stance - use a fast move to anticipate any opponent's "hit on reaction".

Of course, calculate the distance and use it preferably when opponent has limited means of moving (like after forcing crouch or as he's quickrolling). After some practice, your feeling will guide you without any advanced setups.

So, first time you use DGF, do DGF~4, immediately. Remember to do your best to not whiff. On block or CH, it tells your opponent a message that he can't fit in an interrupter. You can even d+1+2 at the distance and make a straight hop as you're expecting Jin's b+2,1. If they are predictable with what they do, you're at the advantage.

Next time, pause a bit. DGF (1sec)->4. Then, again use it immediately. Then pause a bit more.

It's just the matter of mixing timing so your opponent isn't confident with interrupting. Play with it by yourself, it's a great fun reading your opponent.
.Dopple.
Legend
PSN: Is for RPGs
XBL: vV kRUNch Vv
#812 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, going MED and watching the opponent IS pretty fun. Or IND(wait for a little bit)2,d/b+2,... into sword sweep or FC mixups.
Not so much with FLEA though, i usually just get KND'd
Signature
Yea... I kinda like stances
Subs: The Character Select Screen
Spike those F***s and dooo tha Oki Dokie
QDogg
Manji Foot Soldier
PSN: Qunimitsu
#813 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know if this has been posted, but uf+1(ground hitting stab) has 2 different versions: uf+1, which goes long range, and u+1, which is a short range version.

What's the best thing to do after DGF 4 on regular hit?
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#814 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg

Spacing
Inca
(=' 3 ')=
PSN: xxIncaxx
#815 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QDogg
I don't know if this has been posted, but uf+1(ground hitting stab) has 2 different versions: uf+1, which goes long range, and u+1, which is a short range version.

he also has u/b+1 which a straight vertical hop version of the stab.

after a dgf 4 on hit, I generally do a b+1+2, because certain people panic and do a bt attack. it's great when your opponent is near the wall. netting you a free wall splat. If your opponent is smart and isn't the type to panic a quick bb+1+4 or a bb+1+4~1+2 works wonders. =3
Signature slaughtering you with love taps.
.Dopple.
Legend
#816 “Quote” Edit Post
On Hit... doesn't it juggle?
does for me...
Signature
Yoshimattsu
Master
#817 “Quote” Edit Post
DGF 4 crumples on CH only, regular hit forces opponent into BT
.Dopple.
Legend
#818 “Quote” Edit Post
huh, wonder why I only get blocks or CH's?
Signature
Yoshimattsu
Master
#819 “Quote” Edit Post
Usually, on more skilled opponents, I only get regular hit when DGF mixups have them confused and they attempt ducking.
.Dopple.
Legend
#820 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess they try to crush KIN 3, I do it sometimes. Not that great of oki IMO
Signature