TTT History: What every man should know!

Page Splits 1...<23456>...8
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
PSN: DOCTOR-PHILLIP
XBL: PS4 IS WAY BETTER
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TeKy
damn sinjin havent heard that name in awhile ! ahhh good times.. we used to have tournaments @ 8 on the break in NJ the smallest town in NJ but somehow every weekly we would manage to get regulary 30 .. and if it was a great turnout like 60 and im talkin weeklies lol~ be leaving the arcade @ 4 am , such good times , where philly would come by , NYC , deleware , boston , virginia would come up every now and then SFE ! ahh so fun! i miss that.. and everyone would be so into the game kinda like the marvel vs capcom 2 scene in the tri state area.. o well... hopefully TTT2 will come out if it doesnt after t6 im done with tekken ;B

I totally agree with ya Teky btw we met b4 in Fitchburg Mass ttt tourny.
Signature God Bless You, and know that he loves you as you are, give him the praise that he deserves, with each day that you breathe say Thank you Jesus.....
I Love You..! " IF U WANT WHITE PSP FOR $50 DOLLARS EACH HOLLA AT YOR BOY, I got the hook up !" Dude Walked In On Me , N Saw My Gf n I ... No Comment
My PSP TEKKEN THEME_Joint Effort_Many Contributors
My You Tube Vids....
POP...DUCK...N DROP IT! My Gameboot Cintro Thread
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Teky, wanna come visit Massachusetts? We'll give you a king's welcome.
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
Catfish
Serious Business.
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shotokan
You should of capped your ft5 against nick! WHY DIDN'T YOU?!?

No one had recording equipment Those were pretty good matches too... even though the scoreline didn't reflect it haha...

Next time we should get some matches capped, we'd make them look pretty good haha

AC: Nah jin11 just hyping me up man, my mishimas don't compare to yours still.

TheMandarin: Ahhh thanks for the offer but when I mean cap, I mean for someone to record the matches in the first place haha... not just the capping from vid to a downloadable format...

*goes back to trying to make his tag hwo look like Jung Jigae's and his Jin like Jang Iksu*
Signature Originally posted by Johnnay
agreed yiggs is a cool, interesting xiaoyu person with a good knowledge of her BTW

Tekken: Serious Business -=TSB=-
Australian Tekken
TeKy
tranceaddict
PSN: teky-1
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheMandarin
Teky, wanna come visit Massachusetts? We'll give you a king's welcome.

dude ill def do it , how many people u think u can get for a tag session? lol that would be awesome shit 5 hrs is nothing.. we should plan something , hit me up on AIM itbteky

and ODV whats up , sorry my memory is horrible i dont even know how i can do moves lol , im sure if i saw ur face id remember you tho , thats how it usually goes for me ..

so what do you guys think .. TTT2? i have faith
Signature tekken tag online please...

seriously. tekken tag online .. like wat da fk
TheMandarin
Mammoth
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TeKy
dude ill def do it , how many people u think u can get for a tag session? lol that would be awesome shit 5 hrs is nothing.. we should plan something , hit me up on AIM itbteky

Nice! Guaranteed would be myself and this guy Red Arremer...very good Michelle player. I think it's very likely that AnimalAttacktics and his brother MyWangisHard would come out...Maybe ODV (hmmm???). Sinjin is a possibility, so is this guy Techken and ODV's pupil Danny.

So I'd say that's 2 definitely, probably 4. 3 other guys as a possibility. Let's do this shit!

I'll get you on aim.
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
sry bout this ppl but i am on my ps3 network posting from my mother in-law house, on a 8 inch portable dvd screen, cant read ur post clearly but i am always down 4 ttt session.

mandarin add me on psn grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so we can record more ttt beef need ph #
repiy 2 teky later
ODV out
Signature God Bless You, and know that he loves you as you are, give him the praise that he deserves, with each day that you breathe say Thank you Jesus.....
I Love You..! " IF U WANT WHITE PSP FOR $50 DOLLARS EACH HOLLA AT YOR BOY, I got the hook up !" Dude Walked In On Me , N Saw My Gf n I ... No Comment
My You Tube Vids....
TheMandarin
Mammoth
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ONEDEADLYVENOM
sry bout this ppl but i am on my ps3 network posting from my mother in-law house, on a 8 inch portable dvd screen, cant read ur post clearly but i am always down 4 ttt session.

mandarin add me on psn grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so we can record more ttt beef need ph #
repiy 2 teky later
ODV out

I hadn't been on PSU for a while, and when I finally the messages, your list was full Definitely send me another when your list is open....I'll give you a call soon though...are you free any night this weekend?
hamstar
Iron Fist God
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
mandarin i like you wavedash cancels into ws2. Have you ever thought of replacing your king with devil/kaz/hei/ogre?

Your king is good but i can see that he's not helping you win.
TheMandarin
Mammoth
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hamstar
mandarin i like you wavedash cancels into ws2. Have you ever thought of replacing your king with devil/kaz/hei/ogre?

Your king is good but i can see that he's not helping you win.

Thanks man, I appreciate hearing that. Are you thinking of going to one of the TTT revival tournaments? It would be cool if we could play.

I think you're definitely right that I could ultimately do better if I dropped King but I hold onto him for a few reasons. Firstly I guess I'm not just not into double Mishima teams...Even though they allow a ton of interesting strategic options, things can get kind of linear and much too focused on physical execution and a little less focused on strategy. That's ok, but I want to have fun with my team and do as well as I can after that...!
Adding in the fact that Mishima's are so popular...it can be hard to provide an interesting match unless you are incredibly, incredibly sick. I think everyone can name about 10+ genuinely awesome Mishima players who get wins but are HELLA boring to watch or even think about...people who are great but not quite worth discussing or studying. I guess I'm hesitant to say that my Mishima style is sick enough that it would stand above other excellent Mishima players in terms of style and performance, especially considering the level of execution consitency it demands...Shit, sometimes I get flustered by a pitbull and it's a welcome relief to fall back on King!
Look at Madyoshi for example...his best team is said to be double Mishimas but his big accomplishment, in my opinion, is that sick Jin/Yoshimitsu team. I think my King needs alot of work before I can compare my team to that team, but that's really what I'd love to get to.
So what I'm saying here is that in some ways it's a socially-motivated choice: making a team and having a playstyle that will stand out in a way that's enjoyable to me. I want to express myself indvidually, and it?s very difficult to do that as a double Mishima player. Second is the practical ways I benefit from mixing it up with King: facing pitbulls, damaging CH characters, characters or players who I need to mix it up against...shit like that. Thirdly, is the fact that Mishima's can be difficult to use when you're nervous, and playing King does well to balance out my game and help me stay calm and focused. Fourth is just the simple fact that playing the team I'm most excited about keeps me hyped up and motivated to play and practice....!

David Sirlin would tell me that I'm not thinking like a winner, but that's definitely not the whole picture to me....Winning is great feeling, and so is performing well in competitive play. We all like that stuff. But while we can't always win tournaments...we can always try to develop a meaningful, fun and satisfying relationship with our leisure activity. I don't want to talk your ear off about that...so I'll just say that playing a character I really like, like King, is part of me doing that...
hamstar
Iron Fist God
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
it's just that king is a very difficult character to play. He's one of those unorthodox characters where you gotta play "buckwild" and throw out random crazy shit in your opponent's face to throw them off. King is not very solid imo and he cant go on the offensive like jin (your one-man army) can.

In my humble opinion if you are using a non mishima character, the rule of thumb is to bashdash like crazy. King is not a character that's suited to that style and he's pretty slow. Even A king has those fast 12 jabs and wgf he can bust out of wd. Also king doesnt have many launching moves that he can tag into. Even madyoshi can spam df+2~tag into rediculous damage combos....king cant do that. Yoshi actually pairs up with anyone pretty well just spamming this one move.

To tell you a bit about myself I'm not a very skillful mishima player. I just play really really cheap and win out that way. I use teams of ogre/jin/devil and backdash and whore moves (ask jin11). I consider myself an intermediate player in ttt. That being said im probably better than many players now that everyone that was sick at the game has quit. Even though I'd love to join a friendly tag tournament the venue is just too far for me to be bothered. Thanks for the invite though!

I just thought you could improve your chances greatly if you just replaced king with a better character. Even using devil would make you much harder to beat than you are now and devil is a really simple character for you.
chainsofmisery
Iron Fist God
XBL: wdewgf
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Very good post Jin11, makes me really miss the good old days of tag.

p.s. AC'S mishimas suck...j/k buddy
Signature yippie-kay-yay, motherfucker. [mysticweb] [facebook] [my youtube tekken vids]
SingleT
Champion
PSN: SingleTMat
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
I was in middle school when all of this was going down. I remember reading in on all the greatness unfolding thousands of miles away while I was stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Memories
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SingleT
I was in middle school when all of this was going down. I remember reading in on all the greatness unfolding thousands of miles away while I was stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Memories

If u think tekken is good now u just have nooo idea then cuz it was leagues better back then ............WAY WAY BETTER

ODV out!
My You Tube Vids....
SingleT
Champion
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ONEDEADLYVENOM
If u think tekken is good now u just have nooo idea then cuz it was leagues better back then ............WAY WAY BETTER

ODV out!

I don't know if you understood my post, it was legit and sincere.

I would walk 2 miles from school every day to the mall, stomache churning with hunger because I saved my lunch money to spend it on on TTT, and I would make it last until the mall gates were closing. Then I'd walk 3 miles home. I think that might be one of the only reasons I actually went to school was to go play after. The only problem was I had hardly any competition, mostly scrubs, and all I could do was read about all of the awesome players and tournaments going on that I had no chance of making it too because I was young and poor.

I've loved playing since the original Tekken was in the arcade (holy crap I was young), but nothing comes close to TTT. I highly doubt any Tekken game will ever come close to as good as it was. Things have changed too much, the players, the scene, arcades, online play, etc, and I doubt they'll go back in time to rebuild from the point where the game was in its prime.
ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Sry man I did indeed misunderstood u .........4 give me !
My You Tube Vids....
SingleT
Champion
#76 “Quote” Edit Post

Nice videos on youtube too.
7th Pixel
Iron Fist God
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT was like the peak of good times for me with the Tekken Series, Arcades & Competitive Play.

Ah memories

Last edited by 7th Pixel on Dec 18th, 2008 at 19:53

ONEDEADLYVENOM
This Ur Last Warning
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
OOoooops I posted or should i say a made a big mod mistake n edited ur post above thinking I was qouting you !

SORRY

ODV out !
My You Tube Vids....
Hwoarang23
5th Dan
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
That's it. The decision has been made. My next project is to get my hands on a TTT arcade machine. I played TTT on PS2 during its prime here in Venezuela. All these great players were pretty much arcade-based. I want to experience it now. Even after so many years. I started playing seriously during T3, and have played seriously every Tekken game afterwards, but I have and will always consider TTT as the pinnacle of the series. Yes, it was not the most balanced Tekken game due to Mishimas pretty much ruling it, but I've only played Hwoarang (and Baek) my whole life and I've done consistently well throughout the years. TTT rules, the strategy, the movement, the spacing. None of the modern Tekken games comes close to it. No If I could only get all the moves Hwoarang has in T6:BR and transfer them into TTT, I'd be the happiest man alive. Here's hoping they make TTT2.
Dan out!
JosiAztlan
Banned By Mod
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Makes me wanna cry what I read but Tekken has been around for quite some time. It has come a long way. I learned about Tekken through a friend of mine in High School, when I started playing it, I got hooked, that game motivated me, it also motivated me to learn several types of martial arts, which I'm not studying, but maybe one day, anyway, Tekken is one of the best games that has ever existed, and it will remain for the years to come, we haven't seen nothing yet, this is just the beginning.
Signature Ogre is from Aztlan