Baek Punishment List

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CD-DT
Eternal Student
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5580
From: USA California
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
(edited:5/25/06)

What's up y'all. I've been looking for a punishment list for Baek both in the DR and 5.0 threads but have found noting. I know other threads have one AND i'm working on an UltimatePunishment site. Since no forum is complete without one i have decided to start one here seeing as how most of his data is the same as 5.0. If anybody has any punishment data please post it and i'll add it to the first post. The most recent updates will be in bold

Punishing Moves (ordered by frame data).

10f
- 1,1
- 1,2
- 2,2

11f
- 3
- 4,4
- df+4,4
- ws+4,4

12f
- f+3
- FC+4_d+4

13f
- b+2
- df+1

14f
- 1+2,4

15f
- b+1
- f+2 (f+2.1 for DR)
- df+2

16f+
- f,n,d,df+3 (use against -18/-20 or more)
- FC+3_d+3 (its -3 on hit but safe)
- ws+3,3
- 3+4
- b+4
- b,b+2 (17f)
- ff+3 (19f)
- f+4 (19f)
- cc b+4 (??f)

Possible punisher: d_db+2

If anyone knows the frame data for throws i'll make sure that i include which blocked moves get free throw attempts. I want to say that all throws are the same frames but am not sure.


I'll be posting Character Matchups as soon as i have some ready or somebody posts. Thanks for ya help.

note: some of the moves listed are punishable if done late. I'll put * notation next to the moves that are safe on block. I'm a bit busy so if anybody wants to post the safest moves i'll add update this post to reflect that.

peace

ps. the UPL link in my sig takes you to the demo version of the site. It's being updated daily/weekly so please be patient.

Last edited by CD-DT on May 25th, 2006 at 06:26

Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
zenith
Shihan
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 116
From: Australia
PSN: Zennith
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice work on the punishment list CD-DT, I now it will help a lot of people that are starting to use Baek.
I did notice that d/f+1 and d/f+2 weren?t in the list but then I realized that it?s because the frame data for those two weren?t posted in the T5 frame data so you couldn?t put them in.
Also your site is of to a great start, if you keep going I can see it becoming a great site so keep it up.
CD-DT
Eternal Student
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5580
From: USA California
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zenith
Nice work on the punishment list CD-DT, I now it will help a lot of people that are starting to use Baek.
I did notice that d/f+1 and d/f+2 weren?t in the list but then I realized that it?s because the frame data for those two weren?t posted in the T5 frame data so you couldn?t put them in.
Also your site is of to a great start, if you keep going I can see it becoming a great site so keep it up.


thanks for the compliment. I'm gonna test the df+1 and df+2 soon. I just don't understand why some frame data hasn't been posted yet. We have enough info to test using comparison....oh, well. I'll try to get more info up.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
noobkken
Iron Fist God
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1808
From: Singapore
PSN: Launch+
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm kinda rusty on my baek, but just some things. I'm not so sure 4,4 and d/f+4,4 are NCs.

b+1 and b+2 are pretty bad as punishers, for one they're meant as 'counter' moves with built in ss and very short range. You get better results frame wise and comparable dmg with 1,1 and the most dmging options remains 2,2 at that range.

You've got b+3 in your i12 section, isn't that the input to go into fla? Do you mean fla b+3 instead? That doesnt seem like a i12 move..

ws4,4 is a good i11 ws punisher. Baek has horrible options of out ws, really. cc b+4 is the reliable punisher for the slow recovery lows.

d/f+1 should be 13 frames, d/f+2 i15.
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
CD-DT
Eternal Student
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5580
From: USA California
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noobkken
I'm kinda rusty on my baek, but just some things. I'm not so sure 4,4 and d/f+4,4 are NCs.

b+1 and b+2 are pretty bad as punishers, for one they're meant as 'counter' moves with built in ss and very short range. You get better results frame wise and comparable dmg with 1,1 and the most dmging options remains 2,2 at that range.

You've got b+3 in your i12 section, isn't that the input to go into fla? Do you mean fla b+3 instead? That doesnt seem like a i12 move..

ws4,4 is a good i11 ws punisher. Baek has horrible options of out ws, really. cc b+4 is the reliable punisher for the slow recovery lows.

d/f+1 should be 13 frames, d/f+2 i15.


thanks. I'll make the changes. i'm not sure why i use b+3 i'm gonna take it off. I'll use your info for df+1 and df+2 unless disputed. b+1 and b+2 can be punishers if your looking to upset the rhythm. sometimes i get into a rhythm w/baek and then throw out a move that will change the tempo. the side step and awkardness can work in your favor if your setting up dmg. i try to use when keeping my opp to the wall and to maintain pressure. Unorthodox maybe.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
nf0x
Sage
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 475
From: USA California
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1 is baek's saving grace against pitbulls. Punisher indeed.

CD-DT, you ever visit cali? We need a baek/kuma vs baek/kuma throwdown.
Signature "What It Do-San"
CD-DT
Eternal Student
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5580
From: USA California
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by nf0x
b+1 is baek's saving grace against pitbulls. Punisher indeed.

CD-DT, you ever visit cali? We need a baek/kuma vs baek/kuma throwdown.


oneday, my friend. one day.

Once i start dominating the EC i'll use my winnings to fly to Cali. lol.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
S.B.
Tekken Lord Black
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 922
From: Argentina
PSN: IcantPhukWitU
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FeiZaiLaw
I hate baek seriously!!! BAEK SUCKS!


no, YOU suck

get the fuck out of here
Signature "Strictly Business..."
ninjaz
Iron Fist God
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1864
From: USA New York
PSN: ninjaz_nyc
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Ranked chicken, seems to fit.
Signature Spero Gin: If ninjaz is my student and I am a student of Slips, what does that make Slips to ninjaz?

liquid534: HIS GOD

http://i26.tinypic.com/2hrhbg7.jpg

 All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33

Page Splits
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump