Baek Newbie silencer.(FLA cancel/throw,3x3+4)

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
TekkenLord01
1st Dan
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
i play with baek and hees an absolute killer while the opponent is on the ground.... DAMN.. he has so many variations and tactics he can pull out with at that stage!!!!!!
Dancing-Hwo
7th Dan
PSN: Bommlinger
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
after d/b+4 / backroll catch d+4,3,3,3~f is d+2 guaranteed?

d/b+4, d+4,3,3,3~f, d+2... not guaranteed, right?

What are my options other than d+3,3,3? after catching rollers with d+4,3,3,3~f ?
Signature - -
Ewgf abusin', flamingo cancelin' elbow maniac!!!
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dancing-Hwo
after d/b+4 / backroll catch d+4,3,3,3~f is d+2 guaranteed?

d/b+4, d+4,3,3,3~f, d+2... not guaranteed, right?

What are my options other than d+3,3,3? after catching rollers with d+4,3,3,3~f ?

after ground hit d+4,3,3,3~f, nothing is guaranteed.

-d+2 catches everything but quick standing up. (~u)
-d+3,3,3 catches everything but a timed ground attack after the first d+3 whiffs. (his first d+3 does not hit grounded) This attack offers the least damage if opponent does not move, or roll backward, but it's the most reliable attack.
-d+4,3,3,3 catches opponent rolling back. Hits only the first kick if opponent roll, and whiffs if opponent does not move.

You can try and fake a move if opponent does not want to stand up by ending w/ a d+1_d/f+3~f to encourage him standing up, then follow up w/ either fc/ws attacks after d+1, or any FLA ground hitting options after d/f+3~f.
Dancing-Hwo
7th Dan
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead

You can try and fake a move if opponent does not want to stand up by ending w/ a d+1_d/f+3~f to encourage him standing up, then follow up w/ either fc/ws attacks after d+1, or any FLA ground hitting options after d/f+3~f.

Thanks for the info Noodle.

Guess I'll try to throw in a Fla WD once in a while to keep my opp guessing, although it seems pretty risky since it's prone to get hit by a getup kick.
Also Fla throw should work well against a quick getup I would assume?

Boy, you just have to love Baek's Oki.
Signature - -
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dancing-Hwo
Thanks for the info Noodle.

Guess I'll try to throw in a Fla WD once in a while to keep my opp guessing, although it seems pretty risky since it's prone to get hit by a getup kick.
Also Fla throw should work well against a quick getup I would assume?

Boy, you just have to love Baek's Oki.

lol yeah, there's nothing u can do. However, if your opponent is choosing to lie there and eat a d+2, chance is, he is not going to have the reflex to attack you after your FLA WD.

I have never tried to do FLA throw against grounded opponent, but I say that it might work well against opponent quick rising after the extra FLA WD. An immediate FLA throw w/o FLA wd against quick rising opponent is probably going to whiff, but don't quote me on that. Against quick rising opponent, d+4,3,3,3~f is the way to go. You can also do d+3,3,3 and go for post juggle FLA WD mixups.

And yeah, Baek's oki is nerfed in T6/BR, so enjoy his oki in DR while u can, lol.
Dancing-Hwo
7th Dan
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
I was assuming, since a quick getup will evade a d+2, a d/f+3~f fla throw would be right on, timing wise against a quick getup.

But since another d+4,3,3,3~f kills a quick getup anyways I guess there's not much use for the throw.

Yeah, the pusback on d+2 in T6 is a major bummer, but on the upside there's more Fla canceling goodness in T6

Thanks for the information Noddle, I appreciate it.
Signature - -