TTT2 Ling. Ask a question, get an answer!

Page Splits 1...<373839
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
x MAD AXES x
Iron Fist God
XBL: x MAD AXES x
#761 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fergus
I think there's a mixup you can do with ff3 CH where you can do RDS 2,2,1 (if they hold forward) or RDS 4 if they try to hold b to block the RDS 2,2,1?

Didn't test it yet but will later.
RDS 2,2,1 will whiff at certain ranges of the ff+3, if not all. and even then if it does work you are getting launched for whatever mixup you do as RDS 4 is launch punishable and RDS 2,2,1 will whiff giving them time to do whatever they want really.
Just take the frames and bt throw/RDS uf+4 mixup.
Signature "That said, if MA doesn't show, does that mean I default to 'Changs of Ireland' just by turning up?" - IRON LOBSTER to Skeering.

Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#762 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
I'd rather get the guaranteed damage

Like I said, if you can't read your opponent, the guarenteed damage is better, however if you're good at hitting people with 50/50's, than it's smarter and more effective go for the 1,d+2 mixup.
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
x MAD AXES x
Iron Fist God
#763 “Quote” Edit Post
I just don't like high risk/high reward set ups, it's the reason I dropped Anna, because it's too risky.
Signature "That said, if MA doesn't show, does that mean I default to 'Changs of Ireland' just by turning up?" - IRON LOBSTER to Skeering.

Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#764 “Quote” Edit Post
It's only a risk if you make the wrong decisions or do it blindly, if you know how your opponent things it's more like a 100/0 than a 50/50.
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
hoppingsamurai
1st Dan
PSN: hoppingsamurai
#765 “Quote” Edit Post
Question: What's the timing for Xiao's BT f+1+2? I can't seem to "parry" the opponents punches and I end up taking counter hits. Any tips?
Signature I love to ring a
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#766 “Quote” Edit Post
The parry window for RDS f+1+2 is only from frames 1-4 if I remember my tests correctly. So in order for it to work reliably, you have to be at a frame disadvantage when you try it.

For instance, if you try a Roo Kick and it is blocked, you are at -11 while Back Turned. Throw out RDS f+1+2 and it should parry an instant i12 - i15 frame punch retaliation. Against your blocked u+1 (-9), you should be able to RDS parry punches between i10 and i13, etc.

If successful, you get a stun juggle. If you don't get the parry, you are vulnerable to punches (and all attacks) for the next 19 frames before your double punches finally connect on their own for +3 to +5 frame advantage (depending on if it CHs or not).
Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
#767 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by shauno
If successful, you get a stun juggle. If you don't get the parry, you are vulnerable to punches (and all attacks) for the next 19 frames before your double punches finally connect on their own for +3 to +5 frame advantage (depending on if it CHs or not).

Also you can JF block the punch parry, even when it's successful.

Personally I like to test the waters with ws*2 BT punch parry, and Rookick Punchparry. But Punch parry is a one time trick kinda thing. Fun to use against Steve though.

My Anna Oki Video
hoppingsamurai
1st Dan
PSN: hoppingsamurai
#768 “Quote” Edit Post
@shauno So if I'm at an advantage, I will have to wait a few frames just so the stun would connect?

@ Mr.Taxi When you mean by JF block, do you mean xiaoyu is able to block even when it's successful?
Signature I love to ring a
shauno
MentalFrameAdvantage
#769 “Quote” Edit Post
^^^ He means the opponent has a frame or two to block the stunning parry double punch, but It only works on jabs as far as I can tell.

As for your question to me, yes. It is a lot harder to get the parry to connect when you have a frame advantage because the small capture time is at frames 1-4. Even if you were at neutral frames, there are no i4 punches for it to grab.

The fastest punch in TR is Xiao's b+1 at i9, but you never need to worry about that, so look to stop punches between i10 (jabs) and i16 (power pokes) on average. To be able to parry them, you must be in RDS with a disadvantage between -6 and -15.

In case you are confused, doing a RDS f+1+2 will parry:
i10 punches when you recover -6 through -9
i11 punches when you recover -7 through -10
i12 punches when you recover -8 through -11
i13 punches when you recover -9 through -12
i14 punches when you recover -10 through -13
i15 punches when you recover -11 through -14
i16 punches when you recover -12 through -15

One cool thing to keep in mind is this defensive move can also be mashed out sometimes when an opponent is punching you in the back of the head with a string (like Law or Steve).

For intentional setups, there are moves that have only a small recovery on block, but you can delay the input of the move to add extra frames by side stepping first. For example, RDS 2~2 is -6 on block, do a SS~RDS f+1+2 which delays the parry enough to capture more punches. This has some uses because you will dodge quick, linear retaliations (and get the non-parry double punches for free damage and good frame advantage) while still being able to parry-punish bigger punch attacks that may track a bit.

Last edited by shauno on Feb 7th, 2014 at 05:51

Signature "Practice makes improvement - you can never be perfect"
yiggs
#BUFFLING
PSN: yiggs_au
#770 “Quote” Edit Post
Heh, did you guys know that there's a JF block (like against jack's U/F+1+2, d~d/f+2) against Ling's BT f+1+2 parry?!

Freakin' ridiculous how bad Ling is
Signature #BUFFLING
JMS
~.~.
PSN: JMS_
#771 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, thats always been there.
x MAD AXES x
Iron Fist God
#772 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yiggs
Freakin' ridiculous how bad Ling is
She's not that bad, she could be Jun

Mlody
Kyu
XBL: MichenDG
#773 “Quote” Edit Post
Yesterday, strange thing happened.

I did throw f+2+3, but my friend turn around immediately, that he was safe and we have no idea how he did it. I know that, if opponent press D opponent will fall down and you won't get BT 4. But this...
This was a bug, or is it possible to automatic turn around and you don't have guaranted BT 4 after f+2+3?
Signature Xiaoyu/Paul
Feng/Leo
x MAD AXES x
Iron Fist God
#774 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mlody
Yesterday, strange thing happened.

I did throw f+2+3, but my friend turn around immediately, that he was safe and we have no idea how he did it. I know that, if opponent press D opponent will fall down and you won't get BT 4. But this...
This was a bug, or is it possible to automatic turn around and you don't have guaranted BT 4 after f+2+3?
tap f (kinda strict timing)