Page Splits <12345>...24
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
I think ssr, iws+3, df+11, d+2,1 might be the best practical opition. Decent damage and pretty good position after. Since they flip in the air i think you can dash up and hit them in the back if they try to stand straight up.

No need to dash up attack if you think they're going to stand up, (u/b+1),2 launches BT opponents.

Also guys, Jinpachi's stances:
Astral Projection -> Stance where he scoots forward or backwards (b_f+3+4) = AP
Nyoishou -> Stance where he flies up/forward (u/f+3+4) = FLY
Hatsurai -> Stance where he charges up (d+3+4) = CHG

AP was the name that rolled over from DR and hopefully everyone can see why I named the other ones what they're named.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
xInfra Deadx
Kyu
PSN: xInfra_Deadx
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
So what are Jinpachi's BnB's?
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
So what are Jinpachi's BnB's?

im not really sure but i have been using

df2, df11, df31~5 B!

df1+2 d1~5 B!

ub12f, 124~5 B!

on another note how are you guys handling rush downs? i have a hard time mounting an offense with jinpachi and he cant really move for shit either besides the horribly unsafe b_f 3+4. pokers also whoop my ass more so than rush downs because at least i can punish rush downs when they throw something unsafe. the main person im having problems with is jin but i also have problems with hwoarang baek and laws. any tips would be awesome.
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
I say you more or less have to have a solid defense and use Jinpachi's damaging punish game. If you punish them just twice, they will really back off ( they won't have a choice, they are almost dead lol ). Just gotta hit them with 1,2 or b+1,2 just twice, and then it's game on. I also use his WS+4,4 a lot when punishing lows, and tend to delay the 1 finisher and catch people with it. It gets most people cause honestly, after the 4,4 you think the moves done, not many 3 hit strings come from a WS.

I also know you use Wang and Jinpachi like me Khan, just thought I'd offer a new wall combo when Jinpachi is leading.

W! d,f+3,1 Wang - f,f+4 , Jinp - f+2,1,1+2 , d,f+3,2

This should work as Wangs f,f+4 will go underneath and knock him back into Jinpachi. I got 110 damage out of it.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
WarpKidBuu
4th Dan
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Jinp really have a problem with his dashing? What is exactly wrong? I want to pick up him because he looks and plays like a badass!
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
@vargas bet i will definitely try that shit out also check your pm's

@warp its his backdash that is a problem his side steps arent that great either but having f_b 3+4 helps a little bit
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
What are you smoking, Jinpachi has great movement
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
xInfra Deadx
Kyu
PSN: xInfra_Deadx
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Here's a solo combo i've been using for Jinpachi:

d/f2, 1 - d/f3, 1 - {u/b1}, 2 FLY - 1, 1, 2:2 for 83 damage
DrunkenMonk
Kyu
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
hi all jinpachi users, im a lei wulong soloist and im looking for a partner for tag. Is Jinpachi a viable character, can sum1 pls tell why i should choose him?
Signature 5 Forms Of Death
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrunkenMonk
hi all jinpachi users, im a lei wulong soloist and im looking for a partner for tag. Is Jinpachi a viable character, can sum1 pls tell why i should choose him?

PUNISHMENT!!!!

This man launches at 14 frame standing OR while standing.

Also u+4.

Those are the only two for now lol.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
DeluksZ
Virtuoso
PSN: MajinDLX
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
what are your general mixups guys? I feel like I'm usually trapped against fast characters such as Law or Lee or ect. His 1,2 punisher starts High, both db2,1 and df3,1 is kinda slow if your are constantly attacked with high/mid jabs. u3 is kinda okay but thats not a lot options. I really want to find some good mixups to kepp pressure on the opponet to lure them into a nice df2,1 or ws3 CH/ ws1,1
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
You have to stay out of range 0, you're going to get pitbulled against those characters and Jinpachi doesn't have the natural SS/BD ability to escape. Play at range 1-2 and let them whiff, or let them try to come in and punish accordingly.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
This is not the most jinpachi positive question but...

does jinpachi have a weird wall hitbox? Standard combos on normals whiff. Is he a small? Or is his upper body small and his legs long?
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
You have to stay out of range 0, you're going to get pitbulled against those characters and Jinpachi doesn't have the natural SS/BD ability to escape. Play at range 1-2 and let them whiff, or let them try to come in and punish accordingly.
When you do get trapped, db12 is your friend. It'll make them think twice before rushing you down again. Other, a bit riskier options are b2+4 if you recognize a punch pattern or b3+4. You might get hit while trying to get away with b3+4 though if you have too little frames.

While talking about b3+4: when you get a string blocked with not many -frames, you can b3+4 right away and AP2 them if they attack. I don't know 100% if opponents can't interrupt but I've hit this quite sometimes.
Any strategies on followup after AP2?

Btw, too little talk about ff3. It's so good and ff3, d4 is a whopping 51 damage!

Last edited by sandilord on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 11:06

Signature s3:
Manav
6th Dan
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
What do you guys do after a wall splat i mean like with some characters we can step back a little or ss may be and then resplat them and then hit the bound move? Is there any way to do the same with jinpachi or he has to direclty go for the bound move?
For eg: Steve does 3,1,1 Paul u/f+3,4 DJ d+3+4, Bryan d/f+2 or d+1+2.

Last edited by Manav on Sep 21st, 2012 at 22:14

desariel
6th Dan
PSN: desariel
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
what is possible after wakeup 3 ? ws3 whiffs . what is his best combo for wakeup 3?
kaworuscott
1st Dan
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
What are some of Jinpachi's OKI options? Off throws etc?
DrunkenMonk
Kyu
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Any Jinpachi tips, im a lei user only hoping to pair Jinpachi with him, now ive used him only on ghostmode to vanguisher level but hav noticed what i see as flaws. yes he has an unbelievable punishment game but on counter attack he is so easliy punished too.

Due to him only hav 2/3 strings/combos many opponents simply wait and punish. its like they hit i defend then i throw a 1/2/3 hit combo and hve to defend again, plus u cant take the risk sumtimes of throwing a 2/3 hit combo as the 2nd or 3rd is often major punishable, now i kno u can get good spacing etc to use for attack mixups but in close range scrapping Jinpachi comes off last!!

Ive managed to concoct some nice pair play with him and lei but my patience and looking at the long haul im doubting he can hang with lei.

Someone help me but my doubts to rest. Thankz
Signature 5 Forms Of Death
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Have any of you guys found a good use for his electric out of the d3+4 stance? I think its d3+4, 2. Takes a while to come out, so I guess its a no no for punishment, so what do you think it's good for (if anything)?
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
pretty useless tbh. Takes forever to come out and is easily avoided.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap