Page Splits 1...<303132
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ultimat
Iron Fist God
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#621 “Quote” Edit Post
I am very sure someone in the Lei threads has already have touched on this particular subject, but since I cannot sit down and read all of the pages since it takes time forever, so that being said I might ask something that is not suprisingly obvious.

I would end up fighting a Law player and most occasions even when I perform fN1,2 u_d DRG on hit I always get interuppted by either d+2,3 or a special mid when I follow it up with DRG 4,1,2,2!

I tried to press back and sidestep immediately into a diiferent stance to take advantage of my positive frames and the special mid always still connects, to the point I can only resort to block his special mid.

What moves can I sidestep in a stances with frame advantages?

Another question is how can I properly block mids and lows with all of the stances since in t6 the SNK to PAN low block was taken out? (aside from the parries that are built into PAN and TGR)

And even there is a way to to manually block mixups from a stances I know there are time when I do enter into a stance on block I am much more vunerable to hits, so what would be the best circumstance to block with the stances; do I need to be at a certain distance to make the block more effective or something?
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
-N0WhereMan-
Master
#622 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat
I am very sure someone in the Lei threads has already have touched on this particular subject, but since I cannot sit down and read all of the pages since it takes time forever, so that being said I might ask something that is not suprisingly obvious.

I would end up fighting a Law player and most occasions even when I perform fN1,2 u_d DRG on hit I always get interuppted by either d+2,3 or a special mid when I follow it up with DRG 4,1,2,2!

I tried to press back and sidestep immediately into a diiferent stance to take advantage of my positive frames and the special mid always still connects, to the point I can only resort to block his special mid.

Another question is how can I properly block mids and lows with all of the stances since in t6 the SNK to PAN low block was taken out? (aside from the parries that are built into PAN and TGR)

And even there is a way to to manually block mixups from a stances I know there are time when I do enter into a stance on block I am much more vunerable to hits, so what would be the best circumstance to block with the stances; do I need to be at a certain distance to make the block more effective or something?

I also encountered the same situation when I play Lei before. It's quite frustrating sometimes that you always get hit or worse, launched every time you switch into his stances. The animation during transition of Lei's stances will usually leave you open. So, you are always hit guaranteed with fast frame moves like generic d/f,1 and u/f,4 (hopkicks). As for the moves that you can sidestep, most of the high attacks can be sidestepped during the stances, but you can easily get hit with some mid and lows.

When blocking in stances, I had observed a technique that we usually use. Just right when you go into stance, hold d/b for a second, then put the stick/pad into neutral. It will block high and mid attacks, but keep on eye on low attacks, you still have to press d to block.

And finally for your last question; I just want to clarify it: do you mean that "what's the best opportunity to go to stance after block?" or "what's the best opportunity block in stance?". Sorry, I'm a little confused on last question.
Signature Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
"Babangon ako at dudurugin kita!"
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#623 “Quote” Edit Post
Lei's animal SSs are def. much stronger in TT2 (as is movement in general), so maybe that can help solve some issues. But yea, entering stance and then using db to cancel to block is a pretty good technique to keep in mind, as stances are hopkick bait.

I still feel Lei's punishing is pretty good, so relying on punishers is not a bad idea. Block and punish your opponents enough to keep them honest, and then go for stance mixup.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
FluNkiEz
Kyu
#624 “Quote” Edit Post
Can anyone tell me all the moves that transitions into Lei's Stances? i only know a few, and there pretty much basic stuffs. i want to improve my Lei.
irobs
Kyu
#625 “Quote” Edit Post
any tips on how to connect b4,1 after the b! of db4~f juggle and df1,1 after the b! of ff3~b juggle.. I can't really connect them, but furumizu makes them look so easy.. T_T..
green)Lei
do it like old water
PSN: GreenLei
#626 “Quote” Edit Post
just need to dash in. nothing special, but some practice required.
you can miss b+4~b on purpose and go to BT throws.

Id recommend fn1,2 in that situation. even furumizu messes up df1,1 sometimes
Signature ---> Lei general guide

---> and combos traps wallgame

"you cannot outsmart that which doesnt think"
-N0WhereMan-
Master
#627 “Quote” Edit Post
@green)Lei
Green)Lei, you mentioned somewhere in this thread that BT,4,3 is launch punishable. Could you give me some characters that can launch punish this move so that I will be aware in my future matches?
Signature Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
"Babangon ako at dudurugin kita!"
SuikenUser
Tell the News
PSN: Suikenuser
#628 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -N0WhereMan-
@green)Lei
Green)Lei, you mentioned somewhere in this thread that BT,4,3 is launch punishable. Could you give me some characters that can launch punish this move so that I will be aware in my future matches?

It's a little harder to punish at max range, but anyone with a -15 launcher can get it.
xtrajosh14
4th Dan
#629 “Quote” Edit Post
newbie question. what are lei's moves that can transition to a stance? or even move cancels to stance? 6 months relearning tekken and i started with ling. i need a 2nd character and i like stances so it's between yoshi and lei. thanks
green)Lei
do it like old water
#630 “Quote” Edit Post

xtrajosh14
4th Dan
#631 “Quote” Edit Post
how can its not posted in the forum? lol. thanks a lot!
green)Lei
do it like old water
#632 “Quote” Edit Post
it is in the tekken tag 2 boards. but these stance transitions are 99% the same in t6 and ttt2.

if you have further questions, its better to ask there, more people will read.

PrideRice
Kyu
#633 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ultimat

wouldnt DRG 2 crush dick jabs for a ch
Omega Dural
3rd Dan
#634 “Quote” Edit Post
I am not sure if this is the place I should be asking this but is there a way to add something to that t6 movelist on the site, since I accidentally found a move (of sorts) that isn't listed there.

The
Code:

SS
+[~F
    =  
[~F]
isn't listed. It goes into DRU but with a different animation and once he is a the backturned part of the animation if 4 is pressed he does his DRU 4 but back turned of sorts.