Page Splits 1...<101112
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
some brief thoughts from my phone on the way back from the first day:

Yeah Drag is even better feeling in FR. b+1,2 stupid good indeed. His RD is fun to play with.

I'm garbo on a pad so combo testing is iffy at best, was just sticking to his generic non fancy stuff. today they only had a few booths with pads .

Akumer in v. B hurts my soul a bit but I took some satisfaction of taking down a dude terrorizing people with him a few times. still ouch and still lost vs him a few. my muscle memory never wants to launch punish shoryus. I started to get used to it but it's very weird fighting him the first times.

SS+3+4 is indeed a bit of a ''weird" input. hard to explain why.

hoping tomorrow they have proper booths with sticks so I can actually play with some ideas I had. can't wait to play version D and beyond though. hoping I can talk to someone tomorrow into labbing a game with me to test a couple of things.
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
PSN: RaidenNC
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
What makes b12 so much better in this game as opposed to in ttt2?
Signature TTT2: Return of the Mishima Xiaobatsu:

~God Bless~
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
The spin-stun on hit(abbreviated K! on ina apparently) gives some sort of more advantage though I'm not sure of the exact advantage that property gives, and remember by a wall that property splats, and CH (b+1),2 has the S! launch on CH which can lead to a grip. Remembering the move is fairly snappy, has really good reach and a small high crush window I caught people out quite a few times with it.

I'm wondering if qcf+3 is going to make it to console intact; I almost think we might see a mild nerf of it's hit frames(basically keeping it -13~14 but making it a few more - on hit than -1.) Time will tell, though it could make it given they didn't give him one of those fast not-launch-punishable CH invisible lows.
Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
Considering they've added Raven, Bob, and soon to be Lee (all with i14 launchers), I'd be willing to bet qcf+3 isn't getting nerfed/un-buffed.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
launcher
5th Dan
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Good to see changes of dragunov’s moves in 7 particular full combo from db 3 and qcf 3 is just seems – 1 or 2 on hit

Well about power crush move … it must be change from f 1+2 or move’s properties must be same. However, move command may be change from bf 1+2 that may even start from 18 or 19 frames

And his rage drive… fff2 is sufficient? It should be change as well it may start even qcf1+2 followed by move hit like ff3 (however ff3 command should not be tape) or just tape 3 after qcf 1+2
(However in rage it must be mid and + 2 to 4 on block) and on hit there must be a full combo or it may be something canceling like Claudio on block or just two hits will be enough of theres good dmg

Why there’s still not a grab throw on b3 if it hits on counter? Like Bob’s homing properties on counter hit … at normal hit screw properties are ok
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#226 “Quote” Edit Post
it's -1 IIRC.

His Rage Drive is actually f,f,f+1+2. You can do the db+1+2 for the unbreakable tackle if it's blocked. It's +5 on block atm, it was buffed from +1(it's the same as his WR2.)

A simple walled stage sorta 'starter' full combo from it is WR+1+2, qcf+2, f+3,2, S!, 3,1,2, W!, b+2, WS+1+2. About 55% or so. You can milk that thing for more than that but that's sort of a basic low execution launch combo. There's a video of a pretty basic spike ender I'll try to dig up that does about 60% on open ground.

One thing I'm noticing is some people liking to sometimes end the RD spike with a b+1+2. Now I've only seen this as a round ending hit(it does 2 more points than his stomp, his unscaled stomp is 24), but I wonder if you can get RD-b+1+2-stomp. Seems excessive but I'm curious, since RDs can get kind of ridiculous in this as it is. But people don't always go for the b+1+2; they sometimes just go for the stomp instead so I'm wondering what the deal is here.

I assume CH b+3 isn't an AT since they may consider it too excessive maybe. I mean they did give him a lot of powerful stuff. He's a top tier character as it is.

And as a side note: fun neutral hopkick combo

https://clips.twitch.tv/tekken/ExcitedDuckArgieB8
Signature

launcher
5th Dan
#227 “Quote” Edit Post
One of the major differences of this version is rage art and drive. Fff2 isn’t sufficient key move for dragnouv's players? of course it is then there wasn’t any need to merge drive in.
And about his Extra hit Qcf2 after WR1+2 … well you cant comprise unless you found two hit dmg qcf1+2 and (ff)3( if theres a full combo) in rage drive I am sure dragnov’s one his massive move with homing properties!

Further near the wall there will be a very possible combo as well ss b 4 3, while in fff1+2 there is just stomp or d413

Dragnouv is the only character which is been improved by his preset moves and got nothing new and made somewhat balance by improvised many of his moves , so I think b3 on counter hit need to be improve and rest of the above would be fair to made it real balance
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#228 “Quote” Edit Post
Some nice drag stuff in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EyxKxWft08
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#229 “Quote” Edit Post
Good ol STL. He always comes up with something good.

the qcf+3 CH combo was particularly cute.
Signature