Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by oOo_oOo-916
I'm still iffy about f1+2. It being high is killing me for whiff punishing. Some moves leave opponets so low to the ground and in tech crouches that if I miss I would be so mad I didn't use 3,2 which will always hit and is 15frames. Keep them standing for my play style that the best option. Try can't do shit after being hit, they better just block or get fucked up even more.

you are not bound to use only ONE whiffpunisher. you see what your opponent is whiffing, so use whats best for the situation.
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you feel about ub3 as a mid poke to score knock down.

It will beat db1's and lows in general.

I never use it but I thought about it. I guess you could use it when u have +frames.

It's not that bad on whiff... It's unsafe but kinda hard to punish correctly
Signature aka NorCal_Tekken aka lilty916
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#23 “Quote” Edit Post

I never use it but I thought about it. I guess you could use it when u have +frames.

worst "poke" u could ever use lol. its to unsafe and everyone can punish you for it and its not even a launcher like asukas/juns.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm still iffy about f1+2. It being high is killing me for whiff punishing. Some moves leave opponets so low to the ground and in tech crouches that if I miss I would be so mad I didn't use 3,2 which will always hit and is 15frames. Keep them standing for my play style that the best option. Try can't do shit after being hit, they better just block or get fucked up even more.

f+1+2 and f+2 are longer ranged punishers. 3,2 has good range, but not as good as those two moves. If you can whiff punish with 3,2 to, you must be closer to your opponent. If I am that close, I will generally punish with d+1+2 or df+3 to try and get more damage. I don't know what to tell you, f+1+2 is my go to move for whiff punishing at range. I have won rounds using only that move and a backdash.

I use it to get out of pressure situations because it's got good evasive properties and has a decent hit box, but not for poking. I agree with Malec, It's much too unsafe. It can be great when people don't know how to punish it, and a lot of players don't, but when they do, you can easily lose half a bar.
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
3,2 has alot of range....I'll try f1+2 tonight when I get home...

I still use f2. A lot actually, more than I thought I did. But not to punish, more of a ss mix up at range with ss4.

But I want to start punishing with df3. I really like the consistency of it, and the damage potential. It's 1 hit and a solid mid, unlike my favorite 3,2. df3 is a lot safer than 3,2 so I have been using it more.

There have been times online where I would swear my opponet would whiff a move and I would punish with 3,2 but lag would get it blocked, then punished.

That doesn't happen at all with df3. And it has a fat hit box. I really like df3.

I do d3 after df3 to get that flip then work in my oki from there...

Anybody body have any df3 oki set ups.?

And b4 has good spacing on block, I like where it leaves me. And the +4 or 5 isn't that bad. But the damage sucks.... Oh I guess it's +6 on hit....good to know.

Last edited by oOo_oOo-916 on Jul 11th, 2013 at 02:20

Signature aka NorCal_Tekken aka lilty916
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
32, df+3, Blazing Kick are exellent mid whiff punisher. Use them if f+12 does not hit. At close, use hopkick or d+1+2.

ub+3 is not intended 2 be a poke. It's a great wall combo tool. ub+3, 2 high crushes at first but u can beat every option by a mid move. Or A Ogres f+1+2.

ff+3 is good cause his legs are giant. Good range, huge damage. Great move.

I am starting to like his df+1,2 so much! i14 CH tool, mid-mid, safe, -6 +5 so good frames and good damage. I don't care if it's 14 frames, awesome tool.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
b+1,2
Waning Moon
d/b+3
f+3+4
d/f+3+4
d+3
d/f+1,2
u/f+4
3+4
b,f+4
FC d/f+1
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew