Getting The Best Connection

Page Splits 1...<345
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
dogstick
1st Dan
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh... Thank you so much!!! Is there any thread dedicated for matchmaking(online) on a specific country? I'm currently on the UAE and can only get 5bar matches(which i only like playin) if my opponent is on the same country. I can also get 5bar matches on countries nearby.( kuwait, bahrain and sometimes KSA)
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
dogstick
1st Dan
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks! I saw on that thread that you're at UAE as well. Please try adding me. My psn is "dogstick".
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
i'll add you,but i only play on saturdays at around 4:30 to 5pm...
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
MrCookiepants
2nd Dan
PSN: OkeyD
XBL: MrCookiepants92
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cyrox
About since WTF shut down I've been losing "connection to host" and disconnecting from matches. But I still got my connection and all.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I don't know if it has anything to do with WTF. But about half the time, whether it be a searched match or trying to join someone's lobby, the connection fails before the match starts. This combined with lack of online opponents makes it a very frustrating experience.

I am using an ethernet cable.
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
Old thread, but it's the most fitting one to post this.

Every time I search for a room, everyone shows up as 1 bar. Sometimes I'll see 1 bar with people I play with regularly even if the connection is more like 4. The problem with searching for a room is that the results only show people I truly have 1 bar with, such as people from other countries. It almost never shows people who have a false 1 bar.

I've been running the PS3 speed test often for a few days now and the download and upload speeds range anywhere from 8Mbps/500Kbps (normal) to 2Mbps/200Kbps. Just tried a PS3 browser speed test 3 times. Download and upload speeds both showed 0.01Mbps; ping was normal 2 out of 3 times. Tried the same browser test on my PC with 8Mbps down and 0.67Mbps up, which was expected.

I set a static IP for my PS3, enabled DMZ, port forwarded everything the guide said to in the original post, used a guide to figure out my MTU settings, and tested my Ethernet cable (i.e. used the same cable I use on my PC that has no speed issues). Nothing helped.

I don't have a clue what to try now. This issue only occurs with my PS3. Could it be dying?
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you have a private ip or a public ip?
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
I manually configured my PS3's IP address (i.e. statically assigned it the next available number in my home network) so that means it's a private IP, right? But aren't private IPs only used for identifying devices in your home/school/company/etc. network? I thought any time a device connects to the Internet, regardless of its private IP address, it's given a public IP address anyway. Is this wrong?
ThePharmacist
Tekken Lord Black
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
yes but you might share you're public ip with other devices, as far as i remember you have to have a dedicated public ip or else if you have a private ip you can only join lobbys of those people whose nat type is 1, in this case you're nat should be 3. To have a 3-5 bar connection and to be able to join more sessions you have to have a public Ip or else you will have a hard time finding games, i know this based of my own experience.
SparklyUnicorns
Deity
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
Problem seems to be fixed. A friend suggested that I try QOS/bandwidth allocation and give my PS3 top bandwidth priority. Now I can see 4 bar rooms and get more stable connections.
annafanoz
1st Dan
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
I always get kicked out of online games It lags massively for me.
-Haz-
Iron Fist God
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
I know we're reviving an old thread, but I have all of a sudden noticed extreme lag now. Something which I'm not experiencing on any other wireless device. Could this be the wireless PS3 connection (which I've never had an issue with before), or could this be Namco?