Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
redeemers hope
6th Dan
PSN: REDEEMERTKL
#481 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ArbiterX1
This is a question for my buddy Crimzon. He doesn't seem to agree with me on Parry's high risk, so I was wondering what you other Jins think. Dunno, I could be wrong as well. But,

Is parry a good option vs. WDing Mishima?
If a parry is whiffed, do Mishimas get electrics?
Do d/f+1,4 if you have enough time to do it.
Signature What do you see in front of your fist?
j00n
Getting Old
#482 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by redeemers hope
Do d/f+1,4 if you have enough time to do it.

And don't delay it if you just want to stop mental WD pressure. Mishima has enough time to ssl EWGF. Honkey hit me with it a while back. I never df+1'ed in the beginning of a round again.
ArbiterX1
Lone Wolf
#483 “Quote” Edit Post
lol I actually didn't mean that question in the sense that I play Jin, I'm actually a DJ user.
Signature Donny: "Baek is so frickin hard to predict. I hate it when he does all those kicks with his legs."

Nate: "Ho Chris you mix up the best, EoD and Stonehead."
zchikmhagnet
Iron Fist God
#484 “Quote” Edit Post
^^
if that is the case then the DJ forum is for you...
parry is risky against wavedashing mishimas because they can easily alter the timing of execution and wait for you to whiff a parry.. but if your timing is on
(and i mean really on, which is perhaps godlike.) why not...
Signature Strategically Random!!

Power is everything..
call me Z..
ian_sanzo
1st Dan
PSN: iansanzo
#485 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having a hard time battling Cristie or any Capioera user. I thin Jin and dj has a poor low attack.
j00n
Getting Old
#486 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ian_sanzo
I think dj has a poor low attack.

That's wrong on many levels.
zchikmhagnet
Iron Fist God
#487 “Quote” Edit Post
it's a hard match-up but not impossible...

(assuming that chreddy loves laying low..)
the most used move will be f+4 and d+4 as they do come out fast compared to his other moves that hit grounded.. WS+4 ain't bad and if you are lucky, you might have d/f+1, f+4 next... CD~iWS+1,2 is good too guarantees a d+4 when you picked chreddy up from this move..

and the random low parry of course will help you...

any other anti chreddy strats?

Power is everything..
call me Z..
tremorman
Iron Fist God
PSN: tremorman
#488 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zchikmhagnet
any other anti chreddy strats?

4~3 as main with follow-ups b+1+2(!!) instead of d+3+4 or bd22[3] can picks up if opp. is foot towards face up i think........

Last edited by tremorman on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:25

Signature Originally posted by Z is: block punish, whiff punish, parry punish..
Originally posted by Kazamarant: I feel as if I lose brain cells every time people mention Tekken style lasers as being cool
angelo_dvgene
Champion
PSN: shin_ANGELzer0
#489 “Quote” Edit Post
I just wanna ask if it's good to use CDS to CD+1 out of Jin dance. It works for a few tries here and there, especially on the start of the later rounds whereas my opp. will anticipate me dancing as I've done in the previous rounds.

Oh, and some Anna tips please...
Signature You'll Never Walk Alone
zchikmhagnet
Iron Fist God
#490 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by angelo_dvgene
I just wanna ask if it's good to use CDS to CD+1 out of Jin dance. It works for a few tries here and there, especially on the start of the later rounds whereas my opp. will anticipate me dancing as I've done in the previous rounds.

Oh, and some Anna tips please...

I assume you whiff punish or crush with CDS so just make sure you time it perfectly....

*VS stringing Anna
SSR~whiff punish until the opponent does anti-SS moves against you...

*VS FC game Anna:
try to d/f+1, f+3 or hopkick ASAP to stop the FC mind game..

low parries help a lot as well as low blocking of course..
try crushing with hopkick for anna can only punish with 1,2 AFAIK..

do not get frame trapped by her QCF+1.. BDC or SS..
(or crush high/low whenever you find your opponent predictable after a you blocked Anna's QCF+1)

spacing and punishing..

Power is everything..
call me Z..
REDEEMERTKL
5th Dan
PSN: REDEEMER1985
#491 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zchikmhagnet
I assume you whiff punish or crush with CDS so just make sure you time it perfectly....

*VS stringing Anna
SSR~whiff punish until the opponent does anti-SS moves against you...

*VS FC game Anna:
try to d/f+1, f+3 or hopkick ASAP to stop the FC mind game..

low parries help a lot as well as low blocking of course..
try crushing with hopkick for anna can only punish with 1,2 AFAIK..

do not get frame trapped by her QCF+1.. BDC or SS..
(or crush high/low whenever you find your opponent predictable after a you blocked Anna's QCF+1)

spacing and punishing..

Annas crazy. I think that if you have agood defence and can block her shit on reaction then Jin will do ok. He's still at a disadvantage. Learn to see her readable lows and be careful when moving in on her cause of the ch. elbow that was mentioned.
Signature All I ask is that I see progress.
vegetarulez
Super Saiyan 2
PSN: vegeta1984
XBL: vegeta2552
#492 “Quote” Edit Post
I just discovered yestarday through EXTREMELY aggrivating events that I have trouble fighting wang with jin. Well not any wang but mostly rush down type. This guy used nothing but his headbut (forgot the notation) and b+2,1 1,4 (or the free 1,4 string if I got hit with B+2,1) and f+1 and some lowkick that can't be punished (I think it's his ss+4) Thing is some of those moves track and the headbut puts you in gaurd stun. I didn't know what to do to get him off me. The only time I can beat a wang player like that is if I space him and ss attempted "pheonix smashers" I tried to parry too but that didn't work out too well. Since I don't play a lotta wang players I'm just asking for some advice here.

Also second issue- paul
I play against a paul player that turtles and spaces so well, until you get in his face and rush him down. But there is the problem. Sometimes I have no idea how to get in on him without taking massive damage or getting ss'd
What do you guys suggest? I usually try to dash forward and gaurd and wait for him to throw out an unsafe move or a ss able move and gradually inch in..
Signature "We got 4 people in this room.....*Pause* "We got one bed.....*pause* DAMNIT Blackula! -Tom Brady(Bill)
overki
Kyu
PSN: overki
#493 “Quote” Edit Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by iaaa
some ppl here try that d+1+4 set up haha, i always tech then parry.
I love jin cuz he is hard to play with not like other players
overki
Kyu
PSN: overki
#494 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok I see what u saying your tips are good but what the hell it like over one that plays tekken no what he does I can win with asuka like nothing put when I play as jin is like shit son they no every lit thing I do men and its gets me so mad is he like he hards player to use or is just me that I suck my rank waz a expert no I am back to shinhan when I started to play as jin some one pls help what am I doing wrong I have been playi ng tekken all my life I have all of them and my rank weekly waz 20 but when I use jin it whent bye bye
RoyalFlush
Iron Fist God
PSN: RoyalFlushTZ
#495 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by overki

Where are you in the US? If you're in CA, you might be able to get some decent connection with me online sometime.

PSN: RoyalFlushTZ
Signature Resuscitating the SoCal TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM scene from the ground up!
"The sooner you fetch me a forklift, the sooner I may lift a fork to my lips."
CDS~d/f~b= Style/Stupidity
RoyalFlush's Youtube Channel
JustFrame
Raijin
PSN: X6JustFrameJames
#496 “Quote” Edit Post
If u use jin correctly and know how to play against each character in the game u can win anyone. jin owns all.
Tom
Fujin
PSN: Revampt
#497 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Vegeta

SS-ing Paul can really pay off. You'll have to really pay attention with spacing since that second where you eSS, etc means you cant block = launched.

d/f+1 baiting into 4 and 2,1 rotations can pay off as well if he's trying to crush you.

Keep out Paul's can be a pain in the ass. But like any turtle, break him. Throws, safe low pokes, playing keep out in response to them can be funny as well. If you're having trouble getting close just abuse long range e.g. whiff punishing with ewhf and f+4. Try and ff+2 and when he blocks, back off. Condition him into chasing after it, and then u/f+4 after he blocks it in future.

Off the top of my head that's all I can think of. Lemme know what you make of all that.
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#498 “Quote” Edit Post
I Use Many times Jin In Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.