A few Jun Kazama questions.

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
1. What are Jun's best (+ on block) attacks?

To give an example of what I mean, Dragunov has a very popular natural combo b+4,2,1 that leaves him at +4 on block. I could launch or throw anyone before they can attack after that combo. I can't figure out what Jun's best + on block attacks are.

2. Jun alone can do a 112 damage combo, is there a TA combo with Jun/Asuka that does 90-112 damage?

I have tried many TA combos with Jun and Asuka. They mostly end with about 75-80 damage, there must be stronger ones out there I missed while trying the ones on this forum.

3. Do Jun and Asuka have a Special Tag Combo?

The reason I ask is because the "Special Tag Combo" thread has not been updated much and only lists a few teams with them.
Signature "No style, no form."
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Before I say anything else, I just want to ask why you decided it would be a good idea to post a thread asking questions when there is a Q&A thread already in the forum.

1. Jun has SS+4 which leaves her at +5, F+1+2 (IZU) which leaves you at an advantage, although i think it's different when you transition to it from strings and F+4. That's all I know in terms of her +frames on block.

2. Miyus is already confusing people with the rushed half-assed combo thread. The 112 damage combo that was posted for CH FC D/F+2 involves a Just Frame crouch cancel to a full F+2 launch that is EXTREMELY difficult to do. There is actually a Jun combo thread in this forum that should contain and have links to every combo for Jun and Asuka that you will ever need.

3. Unfortunately, Jun and Asuka do not have a tag combo, but they do have special tag throws together.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
@ Jason4579,
Though its cute that you took time to write all that without actually knowing the answer to these questions id rather you not.

Now then If someone actually knows the +frames on block attacks please post them. I'm going to copy paste this because Jason seems to not know how to read the whole post and I want it stated again so others don't make this mistake "I have tried many TA combos with Jun and Asuka. They mostly end with about 75-80 damage, there must be stronger ones out there I missed while trying the ones on this forum."
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I saw no need to post information in a needless thread created by someone too lazy to look around a little because the information is already right infront of him. If you took the time to do a little work yourself then these forums would be a much cleaner, nicer place.

I'm also posting from an iPod, so I can't really go around and post the links to the forums that you didn't bother looking in.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/jun-ttt2-frame-data/ <--- frame data

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...mp;pagenumber=1 <--- Jun and partner combo discussion thread, most with Asuka.

Last edited by Jason4579 on Sep 24th, 2012 at 06:43

Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
again Jason4579 ill copy paste because I know your slow minded.

@ Jason4579,
Though its cute that you took time to write all that without actually knowing the answer to these questions id rather you not.

Now then If someone actually knows the +frames on block attacks please post them. I'm going to copy paste this because Jason seems to not know how to read the whole post and I want it stated again so others don't make this mistake "I have tried many TA combos with Jun and Asuka. They mostly end with about 75-80 damage, there must be stronger ones out there I missed while trying the ones on this forum."
pIchu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
One Inch Punch
Though it's cute that you took your time to create a new thread and reply to Jason4579, as he mentioned, a lot of this information is already out there, and in fact, a couple of clicks away from this thread.

Anyway... just to save you the time of read through massive amounts of two or three page threads, I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1. What are Jun's best (+ on block) attacks?

Like Asuka, Jun has f+4 which is +4 on block. It's a high i19 hoving attack that launches on normal hit.

She also has GEN 4 (just for reference, GEN is performed by doing b+1+2), which seems to have similar properties f+4 in the high hit range and positive frames on block. I will test tonight when I get home.

I haven't tested this at all, but I vaguely remember f,f+1+2 also having positive frames on block (probably not though). It is a mid launcher. Again, something I will have to test tonight.

2. Jun alone can do a 112 damage combo, is there a TA combo with Jun/Asuka that does 90-112 damage?

What combos are you using specifically? I find it hard to believe that Jun alone can do more damage than with a TA partner unless you're playing solo Jun or starting your combos with stun attacks to add to your total combo damage.

I only just got yiggs' PS3 last night (first time I've actually seen TTT2 on console :p) so I haven't tested any damage numbers for her staples etc... again, something I will test tonight.

3. Do Jun and Asuka have a Special Tag Combo?

Currently no, just the tag throw... unless there's a hidden one that no one knows about yet.

Anyway, there is a Q&A thread here in the Jun forums so I will eventually merge these posts over there, but for now, and until you read and reply to this one, I'll leave it here so you can find replies more easily. I believe they will merge and sort in order of date and time, so these will down the bottom anyway.

Lastly, no need to get beligerent against other members just because you don't get answers the way you want it without actually reading what's already out there. You have 9 posts on here so I'll assume you are new to these forums... welcome to TZ, mate.
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you pIchu,

I have tried all the combos from these threads

The TTT2 Jun Combo/Partner thread
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...p;pagenumber=11

The TTT2 Asuka Combo/Partner Thread
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=122063

If we look at the most recent post from this thread,
Originally posted by xKazamaJinx
Jun/Askua Combo: Jun: f2 u/f4,3~5 (TA!) Ask: u/f3 Jun: u/f3 f3,f1+2,1+2 8 Hit combo 77 Damage
and Jun: f2 u/f4,3~5 (TA!) Ask: u/f3 Jun: b2,1,f1+2,1+2 9 Hit combo 78 Damage
Try it :3

I can do 78 damage or more with Jun alone and not give rage to my opponent. As shown from this thread

Maximizing the spirit, Jun's Juggle Compendium
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=125011

Iv tried these combos, they work.

The whole point of using TA is to get big damage in exchange of giving your opponent rage. Many partners with Jun or Asuka in those links do 90-100 damage like JC, Leo, ect. So tonight if you can find some big damage TA's for these two it would be really awesome. I was hoping you were gonna say "supprise I found a tag combo for these two" but who knows one could be there the game is still new. And thanks for the + on block heads up. Happy testing tonight
pIchu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the combo you're doing with Jun that nets you 112 damage? Does it include a stun or anything or is just straight from the launch?

My staples from Asuka and Jun:

b+3,4,3~5, f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2~5, b+2,4,3, WR+3 (note: the launch with Asuka can be replaced with d/f+2_f+2_1+2, d/b+4,3~5 for the same juggle)

f+2~5, d/b+4,3~5, continue with the combo above.
u/f+4,3~5, b+2,4,3, WR+3, f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2

If you can test before I get home, can you post the numbers? I still have a few hours before I finish.

Last edited by pIchu on Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:42

One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
CH 1+2
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, 2,1, IZU, 1+2 B! ff+2,3 = 113 dmg
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, f+3, f+1+2, IZU, 12 B! ff+2,3 = 113 dmg

CH WS1+2
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, f+3, f+1+2, IZU 1+2 B!, ff+2,3 - 116 dmg

CH FC df2
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, b+2,1, f+1+2, IZU, 1+2 B! ff+2,3 = 117 dmg
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, f+3, f+1+2, IZU, 1,2 B! ff+2,3 = 117 dmg

IZU 3+4 / d3+4
- 3, b+4,2, b+2,1, f+1+2, IZU, 1+2 B! ff+2,3 = 91 dmg
- b+4,2, f+3, b+2,1, f1+2, IZU 1+2, B! ff+2,3 = 88 dmg

CH d2
- WS+2, b+4,2, b+2,1, f+1+2, IZU 1+2 B! ff+2,3 = 83 dmg

I can't get on Tekken right now, but try some of these and see if you can make a stronger TA. You and I use the same staple TA with Asuka/Jun but if I remember right its like 79 or 80 damage which many solo combos are. One of the reasons I became so worried about this is because I am seeing a lot of good players raise the bar on TA damage. I play Feng/Drag and just when I thought all the TA juggles were out there Aris drops this 103 damage bomb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjB4eqq5GE
pIchu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
So... what you're doing is adding stun damage onto your solo combos. Add that onto the TA combos otherwise you're not really comparing similar values.

CH WS+1+2, f+2~5, d/b+4,3~5, f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2~5, b+2,4,3, WR+3

That is now comparable to your other listings. Another thing you haven't factored in is tag combos (not specifically TA ones), also reduce red life... solo ones don't.

I guess to be fair, TA gives the opponent netsu so there's always some sorta trade off.

A final note, the TA damage you're comparing Jun/Asuka to might be characters with the best TA combos in the game netting far bigger numbers. Have you seen the latest KYSG video? That shit is crazy good!

Anyway, still haven't finished work
pIchu
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Edit: Crap... realised I double posted.. ... ... :p

OK... I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from with that 79-80... but... Asuka/Jun...

b+3,4,3~5, f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2~5, b+2,4,3, WR+3 = 95 dmg
u/f+4,3~5, b+2,4,3, WR+3, f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 = 85 dmg

CH WS+1+2 = +32 dmg
CH FC d/f+2 = +19 dmg

I'm not listing CH 1+2 with Jun since it is escapable.

Just a note, I think you should ignore the numbers in the your last post there... they are not accurate.

CH 1+2
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, 2,1, IZU, 1+2 B! ff+2,3 = 113 dmg
- f+2, 3, b+4,2, f+3, f+1+2, IZU, 12 B! ff+2,3 = 113 dmg

The first one... I can't even hit it. Pretty sure it's a typo at 2,1, IZU... you can't transition IZU from 2,1.. the 1 doesn't even hit lol.

The second combo does 116 dmg. For now, don't use his numbers.

Hope this sheds some light on damages and how TA should always do more damage than solo combos. Maybe not heaps more, but more none-the-less.
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
This helps a lot and clears up a lot of questions thanks!