Tekken 7 Dragunov (Loc Test Info)

Page Splits 1...<678
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#141 “Quote” Edit Post
The concept of a shoulder being only -14 probably didn't fit their vision for a more beginner friendly T7, sort of similar to how Anna's shoulder was nerfed In TTT2
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#142 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGE33pmSKE&t=1377

I'll post this here in the Dragunov Tech Lab as well-so extremely crappy range on Leo's WS4(quite possible), knockback on block too much and rendered it safe(also quite possible)or was that just unable to be punished by an i11? It looked like he was backwalking before the WS4 could even come out.

(I will say 4,3, stomp by the wall still looks lovely damage wise.)
Signature

I scribbled a Tekken Retrospective.
Originally posted by Kane:
they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#143 “Quote” Edit Post
Well since you can stop even if they tech, drag will have a strong psuedo 50/50 with W! 4,3, d+3+4_b+4,3. Pretty good since the stomp is so safe, and you can pick another mid if you want more safety.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#144 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Well since you can stop even if they tech, drag will have a strong psuedo 50/50 with W! 4,3, d+3+4_b+4,3. Pretty good since the stomp is so safe, and you can pick another mid if you want more safety.

4,3 by the wall is pretty(and yeah, he has other mid options). That all is sweet. Like, my gut's telling me that this might still be -11 but due to some hitbox changes in T7, it's usual pushback(it's of course always been there)renders it even more safe than before since it may push most characters out of 11 frame punishment range. If this is the case and it's a 'safe -11', then they whiff that WS, that's possible wall whiff punishment coming for them.

(Asked about f,f+3 as an ender recently, it's not used in combos.)

Last edited by Azaael on Mar 6th, 2015 at 06:45

Signature

they named it matterhorn because lili's uphill battle in tekken is the highest mountain to climb.
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#145 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3876890

Linking this here as well-Knee does some experimenting in the first 14 minutes with Dragunov(he goes through the cast, Dragunov is first in line.) Some pretty nice finds I think-speculated in the other thread f+3 has a hitbox adjustment? That would go along with the guessing that hitboxes were fixed to give everyone's kicks more reach(which might indeed make a few of Dragunov's ridiculous.)
Signature

tyler2k
#146 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3876890?t=2h09m42s

d+3,4 no longer NCc into ass-stun, looks like the TR buffs have finally been reverted?
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#147 “Quote” Edit Post
Noooo, not a nerf(okay, I'll call it a Revo reversion, it sounds better.)

Though it's interesting since it seems other Revo stuff stayed(CH iWR2 leaving opponent closer, d/b+3 still granting a NH on-axis combo from what I've seen in the videos and hell that CH damage buff is lovely, don't need to CC it either.) Need to comb through to see if anyone does a CH(f+3),2 or CH (f+2),4.

EH I won't cry too hard about this either even though I did like it a lot. I'd guess it may link to their 'user friendly' mindset(maybe because of lows and power crushes... but...okay well CH d/b+3 will murder PC users as it is...)

Updated front page with this info. Also thought about it, d+3,4 is his OS from his almost-safe stomp(which if that Leo vid is any indication could be even safer with extra pushback, dunno), and given their 'toning down' of certain wake up stuff it could be linked to that(an ass-stun straight out of a getup maybe looked a bit too much to them.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRmIH9o69T0&t=125 Also I'll keep being stubborn and thinking d/f+1, 4 is harder to duck now. (I cross post some of this stuff btw since this seems like the Drag Theorycraft Thread and the other seems a little more gen discussions.)

Last edited by Azaael on Mar 12th, 2015 at 13:26

Signature

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#148 “Quote” Edit Post
Will of course cross post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-3u2g6U1bE&t=2902

48 minutes to about 1:13 is all Dragunov experimenting. (He goes through various cast members for about 20-25 minutes at a time in a sort of 'vs' in the sense that it seems like they're testing frames and such and not really playing real vs. Which I actually like that Knee has access to the console so he can properly experiment.)

I was loving the damage in the Claudio match.
Signature

tyler2k
#149 “Quote” Edit Post
Shit, Leo looks crazy now. Man, so many buffs
Azaael
March of Tyranny
#150 “Quote” Edit Post
I said the same, I was baffled when her fans were crying about stuff in a few of the stream chats. Like 'what the hell you guys on about?' I mean she's set to be probably about top 7-8(in the initial bunch, we dunno how OP or bad time release balance will be)from what I can peruse from my chats/feedback/twitter feed from guys who played the game, is that bad or something? She got a few tangible nerfs unlike, say, Mishimas but overall made out buffed.

Sometimes I find myself questioning why they made her i11 so OP(crappy range aside), and then I think about stuff like wallsplatting 1,1,2, and how Drag can kill people in 2 CH's and a tickle, or can do 50-75% in a game where juggles are nerfed and I shrug and say 'yeah never mind, I got nothin'. They did overall in Tekken 7 give some sort of questioning or just interesting buffs to people.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyknee/v/3902962?t=2h29m47s so they did sneak f,f+3 into a combo for an ender after all. I figured it would be usable in this but after hearing it wasn't used(not impossible to use, just not used)...okay to be fair that was after 2? 3? weeks of online play. I don't doubt more tech will be rolling in now. (It seems to be used, in the vids I saw, after b+4,3 as an ender.)

Now since that splats...and is a single hit...and you'd ideally probably want to optimize your combo to sneak an S! in before a W!, and you want to try to get fewer hits...I kinda wonder why this one didn't catch on as an ender at first(if it even caught on.)

Last edited by Azaael on Mar 17th, 2015 at 19:01

Signature

Azaael
March of Tyranny
#151 “Quote” Edit Post
Saw an interesting tweet from Yuu that my auto-translator translated:

https://twitter.com/Yuu_Norespect/s...210701392494592

Unless there's another move in Tekken called 'Blizzard Hammer', which I recall was +3/+4 *checks* yep-is now +6? Not bad news. (I'd assume on block since it's a big fat free-stomp KND otherwise.)

Also take with grain of salt but the new elbow launcher is coming up on it's block frames finally. -9. Lol. If this is true it's safe on block.

Last edited by Azaael on Mar 18th, 2015 at 17:53

Signature