Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Even though Dragunov is a character who has a lot of tools for a lot of situations, some of his moves are too good to go without recognition. So post your top 10 moves and why you think they're good. I'll start:
(in no particular order...)
1. iWR2 - Shouldn't even have to explain, great pressure tool, guaranteed stomp if they don't backroll on NH and full juggle on CH. Hard to SW, and can be buffered out of other good moves like d+2, jabs

2. 121 - i10 NCc CH confirmable string, great damage, wall splats, only -12 if you stuff up the ch confirm. What can I say, great move...

3. d+2 - Great low poke, not launch punishable by most of the cast (unless they changed it?), decent damage for an unseeable low, even on hit but so far heaps of people have just started pushing buttons after it so I often get a free WS 1,3... Still has decent range despite the nerf/movement buff

4. df+4 - i12 mid poke, although it has some tracking issues has decent range and is good to throw out if you're scared

5. b+3 - i14 homing move, deceptively good range (I find myself always surprised with it) gives the same frame advantage on NH and CH so it's kind of a bummer, but like df+4 its good to throw out if you're at range and scared of going in

6. d+1 - Even frames on block which can lead to a lot of setups (CH 121, SS whiff punish, u+4 etc.) Continued momentum on hit, and on CH gives free stomp.

7. b+4,3 - great whiff punisher, safe, and people are scared to duck because of b+421... wall splats from ages away and isn't a bad tag assault filler either.. i have been using this to punish opponents if i ss their move

7.5 - b+4,2,1 - NCc and CH confirmable, CRAY CRAY damage with rage, deceptive frame advantage on block, great move to use against hapless people if they don't know the last hit is high... and if they do then just stop the string at b+4,2!

8. f+1+2 - 17 frame punisher, being able to launch punish stuff like deathfist, capos df+3+4 and law's WS+2 is a GODSEND, decent whiff punisher too although I personally don't use it. Like the fact that it's an elbow too, so you won't get reversed if you miss the punish

9. qcf+1 - safe launcher, tag bufferable, nice tool if you wanna close in and also a decent whiff punisher if you're fast enough with the qcf.

10. b+1+2 - good pressure tool, I believe it's +3 but it looks like it has way more frame advantage than that so people are generally scared to do anything. Free stomp on hit and good use as a wall B!

Honourable mentions...
b+1, uf+3, df+1... have the feeling I'm forgetting something but oh well
Signature /

"Africa, where food is scarce. Africa, where people are thin. Balumbo Shamanaka, Balumbo Shamanaka."
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
don't forget about db212, i personally find this string just great. : )
Katt
Berserker
PSN: iMKatt
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
In no real particular order as they are all good.

b+1 - This move is just what Drag needed. Instant high-crush, mid, safe, +3 on hit and it tracks really well. It's a great poke with deceiving range. b+1,2 is a really good whiff-punisher if you're out of range of a launcher.

df+4 - Drags quickest mid-poke. HUGE pushback. i12 +4 on hit. Might be one of the longest ranged midpokes in the game.

wr+2/iwr+2 - No comment on how good this is. Remember to never overuse it, they WILL sidestep you.

df+1 - Sadly we lost the followup on ch df+1,4 on ground. But hey, a mid nCC confirmable 13f wallsplat? With this, Drag got a 10f ncc high-starting wallsplatter and a 13f nCC mid-wallsplatter. It's not that easy to confirm and some people WILL LAUNCH YOU TO HELL if you fail, but it's really something worth training on. It's also a nice poke with GREAT frame-properties on hit and block. +7 on hit and -2 on block - it's the easiest ss-setup for Dragu.

ws+1 - I list this as one move because ws+1,2 is a 12f safe mid-mid with tracking properties. ws+1,2 does 35 damage and puts you in +2 on hit. ws+1,3 is ok to use close to a wall and a really good low-punisher. Wallsplat those patriot scum!

1,2,1 - Really good poke (high,mid), really easy 10f nCC to hitconfirm. So SO dangerous against walls.

b+4,2 - Another GREAT ncc-string that's confirmable as fuck. This is one of the reasons I have Dragu as sub even if he's my main - b+4,2,1 does REAL SOVIET DAMAGE on ch AND puts you in an insane frame-advantage at +8. Even if I don't always hit it, there is no great feeling than getting it in.

d+2 - Not as great as it was because of "improved" movement, and Kaz can launch-punish it so hard, but it's still a great low-poke, especially when Dragu got rage. Good frames on hit and decent damage for its speed.

f+2,4 - Safe, delayable, nCC wallsplat, painful juggle on ch f+[2],4 and can't be reversed. It's possible to sidestep the last knee, but that won't work if you don't delay the last hit. If you delay it, a lot of people will try to do a move. Oh you, sneaky russian knee.

f+1+2 - Holy crap, a high elbow-launcher with insane range and only -10~-9 on block that can launch-punish a lot of shit most of the other chars can't, like Law ws+2? This shit is SAFE if it hits 1f late. Great for whiff-punishing and to deal with pesky cheesy Asuka/Yuns.

At least, these are my 10 favorite moves.
The Tea Virus
1st Dan
XBL: The Tea Virus
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Im surprised no-one has mentioned f+3~df~u, i think it's his best new pressure tool.
Katt
Berserker
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
It comes out at 20 frames and is nothing compared to iwr+2, which you can actually dish out faster. iwr+2 gives you advantage on block, a lot of damage on hit and full juggle on ch. f+3~CDu gives you pretty much nothing.
SavageSloth
3rd Dan
PSN: JC_Taco
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order:
d+2
WS+1+2
CH 1,2,1
u+4
1+2, 4
df+2
f+1+2
uf+1
ff+3
b+1,2
Signature
zansheen111
1st Dan
PSN: Zanshin111
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Started Dragunov Yesterday. I just regret i never got into this character sooner... Thank you for the useful information guys!
Insane Axes
Berserker
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
WR2=fff+2?
Katt
Berserker
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Insane Axes: Yes.
CKeegan
Virtuoso
PSN: I_Am_CKeegan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Katt
It comes out at 20 frames and is nothing compared to iwr+2, which you can actually dish out faster. iwr+2 gives you advantage on block, a lot of damage on hit and full juggle on ch. f+3~CDu gives you pretty much nothing.

I know this is a while back, but I like f+3 CDc as a pressure tool. Going into a mid poke like df+4 or a jailing string like 4,1 does a lot for me and gives some fairly good damage on hit if people try something. There's loads of options out of it, and fff+2 does start to wear out at times.
Signature New Youtube!
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
qcb+2 is also brilliant, the nerf kind of makes it shittier and on whiff its horrendous but damn this move is just great
Signature /

"Africa, where food is scarce. Africa, where people are thin. Balumbo Shamanaka, Balumbo Shamanaka."
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QuarterHungaryn

2. 121 - i10 NCc CH confirmable string, great damage, wall splats, only -12 if you stuff up the ch confirm. What can I say, great move...

A noob Q ... how can i confirm this move?? how can i be sure if the first hit is is CH cuz i didn't find deference between NH & CH ??
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Its not really a true hitconfirm, you cant just look at hitsparks or lifebar and press the button. Its more like you try to see if the opponent started an animation during the 1,2, and press the 1 if you think you saw something. Usually works, but will lose to stuff like throws and twitch movement sometimes
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
CH confirming 1,2,1 is hard and needs a lot of play hours
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by A.K Winter
A noob Q ... how can i confirm this move?? how can i be sure if the first hit is is CH cuz i didn't find deference between NH & CH ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...kveBtbJI#t=255s
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Arigato : )
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
New to Dragunov so don't judge me. :-)

2, 1

D+1

WR+2

B+4, 2 (1)

4, 3

D+2

B+1+2

SS~U/B+2

U/F+3
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
essential ten moves in my opinion
d2
wr+2_3
qcf1
df4
qcb2
b4 and its variations
ws1+2_1,3
b1+2
uf4

still very important moves:
d1,b1,b3,uf3, db2,1,3+4, db3, iws4_1,f1+2,qcf2,f2,4
Waffles775
1st Dan
XBL: YUMM WAFFLES 77
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I felt the need to revise this since, why not?

d/f4: In my opinion, one of the best in the game. On hit it allows Dragunov to create some space so he can take advantage of his long limbs. On block you get some space but that's it, no fucking around after this is blocked.

d/b212: A solid mid string that gives a combo if the second hit counter hits, which isn't hard for it to ch since you can massively delay this string, which leads to mind games. iirc it also has some basic tracking to one of his sides (i don't remember which one) Be careful though since it is -14.

4,1: An excellent punisher with good damage and +8 in your opponents face, so they can't fuck around. -6 on block though so don't press any buttons.

f1+4, f2+3 (aka Victor Clutch and Reverse Victor Clutch), and ff1+2: People hardly ever talk about these, despite them being so exceptional. The Victor throws are nearly impossible to break on reaction, do 40 dmg, and one of them gives good wakeups. His ff1+2 throws is also very good as it does 45 dmg (I am not 100% for the damage on this one) and also gives good wakeups.

d1: a fairly good mid that on block is +0OC. The first time you do this you can try to land a ch 121, but a smart opponent will try to crush 121 with a d4/d1. If you suspect they will do this then you can try to go for u/f4, it will crush their d4/d1.

121: This string is amazing. 10f ch knockdown in open ground and a wallsplat at the wall. It is also ch confirm-able with tons of hours played. Try your best to ch confirm it as it is -12 ~ -13. One of his only "panic buttons"

b43/b421: b43 is a safe wallsplatting string that starts off mid. It is pretty damn good, just be careful as it doesn't jail so you can get launched for it. b421 is a ncc that does INSANE damage with rage on and it is +8 on hit. The 1 in this string is +4 but only do it when you are testing out your opponent. If they duck it first time, then only use it for ch baiting.

d2: His best low. It has tracking to both sides, is 0 on hit, plus on ch, and overall is pretty great. My favorite thing to do at the end of rounds is d2 cc d2.

f1+2: This move is absolutely vital when playing certain characters like Paul and Law, not every one gets a launch punish on DF or WS2. It is also a good whiff punisher, raw tag punisher, and is good for beating out Asuka & Jun's parry.

iWR2: Of course I was going to save the best for last. I don't have to explain this move but I will. This is what makes Dragunov, Dragunov. Not using this move is like not using an EWGF with Mishimas. It's mid, +4, has hella range, gives a beefy ass combo on ch. It is great, it is why I play Dragunov and it is why you should be playing Dragunov.

Honorable Mentions:

qcf3: super shitty, but it gets you in if you need to, even though it is at -9, just don't press shit and you should be okay. High crushes.

qcf1: high crush due to it coming out of crouch dash, it is decent at getting you in as well, since it is -1 on block. But it is high so beware.

qcf2: your preferred raw tag punish. It does hella damage. -14 so be careful.

b3: extremely quick homing move for your homing needs.

ff3: homing move that does hella damge, and when running in can be mixed-up with iWR2. Is also plus on block.

b1+2: Hella damage on hit, + on block, but it is slow, so use wisely.

Last edited by Waffles775 on Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:31

Signature 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstien
TK enthusiast
Kyu
XBL: Ancient Prime
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Wr2
d+2
df+4
qcf+1
db+2,1,2
b+1+2
d+1
df+1