Page Splits 1...<23456>...39
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
Excuse me sir. The fact we don't have an own martial art don't mean we can't be originally dangerous at brawling fights.

And we are not the only brawlers anyway. The british don't have their own style too and tend to go brawler style once you engage them on the street in the classic bar fight; you can trust me because I've gone through many of these : - D . However, they have somewhat managed to make everybody believe that boxing is something of theirs (they have had very good boxers imo to be honest anyway), when boxing actually goes back Sumerians, and the old good school and adorable classic Greek fuckheads had already perfected boxing to some degree, not just those famous grapples from the Spartans when disarmed in combat.

None of us here fight like Miguel. That's what I mean bruh, just like we don't wear trajes de torero con la fajilla y la capa when we go downtown, but what tekken has done with Miguel is something I like a lot. Hios style, look and behaviour didn't bother my the slightest when I first saw him, and still love him to this day : - D

I wasn't trying to say spanish dudes can't fight, I was saying Miguel has a wack ass fighting style that seemingly isn't based on anything.

Originally posted by dodecadozen

Speaking of throw away characters, when are they gonna pander to India? India's got some legit martial culture.
Zafina's fighting style is based on Kalarypyattu which is an Indian martial art, but she's supposed to be Egyptian or someone vaguely from the middle east
Signature
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
Also, no way I'm accepting statements like (paraphrasing):
- "Bamco is a business and players should adapt to anything they throw at you";
- "There's no crushing frames in Tekken";
- "Tekken 7's gameplay is rock-solid".
All things that at some point appeared in this discussion.... these comments are all kinds of creepy, honestly.

I have no interest in sounding smart, especially when I'm a user without identity writing on an unpopular forum that is about a niche game genre.
Your aim is way out of range.

Also, please see what user Ashesfall replied me about T7.
He said he likes T7 for the same exact reasons that make me hate it: what for me is cringe or not acceptable, for him is hype.
I 100% respect that, seeing how he acknowledges the existence of those controversial features but, differently from me, he likes them.
I'm still positive that you are misinterpreting and/or that you are just butthurt about whatever it is that makes you butthurt, but well it's not like I care about the latter.

lets go by your logic then ttt2 is a fundamentally flawed game

damage is too high (why patch killing hawk if it werent?)

2 combos on the same character = dead

1 combo will force you to tag crash (oki mixup) or tag out (raw tags are launch open) or standup and take the risk (get launched again and you die)

in ttt2 you guess less 2-3 guesses and the round is done.. 4-5 if you get to safely tag

is it fun to watch your character getting juggled for 5-10 full seconds only to get launched again post oki?

is it even fun to do the same juggle over and over when you guess right? (for the first few months maybe.. a year in? definitely boring)

hence sales number didnt match expectations

simply put in ttt2 you dont get to play.. over emphasis on juggles make a bland tekken.. this isnt marvel or dbfz where you get 3 characters that have to be finished off before the game ends.. ttt1 didnt have 50-60 juggles off a hopkick and didnt end in 2-3 guesses plus tag cancelling didnt force a guess upon raw tags

and who cares about crush frames where a simple d4 in tag2 is already risking over 50% of your life (and a forced tag decision) against a hopkick? if you decide to poke and i risk a launcher my risk pays off double.. blocked hopkick? 35dmg.. hopkick hits? over 50% + tag decision.. i seriously want to see what you have to say on this.. ttt2 defensive game huh

at its core ttt2 was designed poorly it had all the bells and whistles (which was good) but its gameplay is boring

t7 has it the other way around and not only did it sell, it has the most number of entrants in the competitive scene out of any other tekken game
dodecadozen
Iron Fist God
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PhineBuyM3
Zafina's fighting style is based on Kalarypyattu which is an Indian martial art, but she's supposed to be Egyptian or someone vaguely from the middle east

Maybe. It looked more like some wierd-ass belly dancing or animal dancing than any kalaripayattu I've ever seen.

I honestly want a character in the Indian wrestling tradition of Kushti\Pehelwani. That would be something awesome, especially given how T7 is low on grappler characters.

That or a fighting elephant.
Signature Bring back [kunimitsu] for T7!
SSfox
Foxstepman
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
@13:34. That's basically T7 situation:

God of War: Game Directors Live

Last edited by SSfox on May 17th, 2018 at 08:31

Sugar Free
Raijin
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
What do you mean bigger offender? You mean T7 is less defense?
No, I mean exactly what I wrote, i.e. that T7, in regards to death-combos -hereby considered a negative feature overall - is a bigger offender than TTT2.
Doesn't get clearer than that really.

[My quote]
Yeah like what you said here aside from the bugs in the game:
[My quote]
I would say that I'm half right about this. Some characters you mention are challenging but not some like Chloe. If you have issues against Chloe, it means you don't know your matchup.
These two quotes are supposed to be logically linked in some way but they're comically not.
Also, don't really know where this comes from but since you mentioned it, no, I have no particular issues when playing against none of the chars I mentioned, except the justified cringe and horror.

You can be right but just stick with talking about the game rather than telling people to use their brains or something. Let them not use their brains. It's not up to you.
That's what I'm doing though.
We obviously disagree here, don't think there's much we can do about it.

Originally posted by Abigan2K
lets go by your logic then ttt2 is a fundamentally flawed game
What, lol.
Man, honest, if I were you I'd concentrate on your own logic.

damage is too high (why patch killing hawk if it werent?)
2 combos on the same character = dead
Given a wall/balcony/floor, exactly like in TTT2, two combos can also kill you in T7.
Whereas in TTT2 you had TWO life bars AND healable damage.

1 combo will force you to tag crash (oki mixup) or tag out (raw tags are launch open) or standup and take the risk (get launched again and you die)
No, you're not forced to do anything, especially after 1 combo.
Tagging in and out require experience and ability, same as standing up.
Retaliating or taking the risk has always been part of Tekken's core mechanics, so it seems you have a problem with those rather than with TTT2 itself.

is it fun to watch your character getting juggled for 5-10 full seconds
I respect the fact that you dislike long combos, it's a matter of either tastes or how much tolerance you have towards them.

is it even fun to do the same juggle over and over when you guess right? (for the first few months maybe.. a year in? definitely boring)
Basically same has ANY Tekken, especially since T5..?

hence sales number didnt match expectations
I love how people like to talk about sales when in fact they ignore multiple things.
1) T7 is canon, TTT2 is not. This alone generally has a huge impact on sales;
2) T7 had way more advertisement and better marketing strategies than TTT2;
3) T7 has multiple features AIMED at selling to the biggest possible audience, catering to noobs, 2D characters players, FFXV fans, etc., like NEVER before.
I could list a lot of other possible reasons, or explain those I listed, but I'm afraid it'd be a waste of time.

Rest is inconsequential blabbering , but I want to point out something:
at its core ttt2 was designed poorly it had all the bells and whistles [...]
What you call "bells and whistles", the rest of the world calls "content".
An example of "bells and whistles" are T7's slow-mos (game-play damaging. imo), RAs, "The end of the Mishima saga" slogan, Akuma in the main lore (oh for goodness sake...), the fraudulent advertisement of the supposed tens of customization items and of the 1 year support, etc. .

As for the current discussion, I'd really like a gladiator-like fighter in Tekken.
They had so many styles who didn't even involve weapons (from hand-to-hand combat to grappling) that it'd make for a possibly extremely complex and fun, manly character.
GrievousAngel
Expert
PSN: sorrowinthewind
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Some people keep saying that in TTT2 you were dead in 2-3 combos but honestly in T7 is no different in my experience, and actually a d4 here is more risky than in TTT2 given that you couldn't bound after a low parry before but you can screw now. At least you could tag out and have another lifebar, and recovering red health was a thing too.
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by dodecadozen
Maybe. It looked more like some wierd-ass belly dancing or animal dancing than any kalaripayattu I've ever seen.

I watched a few Kalarypattu demonstrations on youtube when I was trying to learn about her style, a lot of her moves are based on it, but the contortionist like flexibility was an invention on Namco's part. Even through practitioners do train to be flexibile, just not that flexible.
Signature
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sugar Free
, Akuma in the main lore (oh for goodness sake...),
heheh I think that, after all, it's been worth his pressence for the mere pleasure of watching him getting his ass handled by Devil, specially when Man God on Earth Heihachi had knocked it off Kazuya moments before.

I also liked the fact that, on ten stars difficulty of course, "Desperate Struggle" act was way harder than the entire match against Akuma, implying even further how strong Heihachi actually was.

Long live the King of Iron Fist.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GrievousAngel
Some people keep saying that in TTT2 you were dead in 2-3 combos but honestly in T7 is no different in my experience, and actually a d4 here is more risky than in TTT2 given that you couldn't bound after a low parry before but you can screw now. At least you could tag out and have another lifebar, and recovering red health was a thing too.

This is another thing that bugs me about the T7 defense force- fronting like they are principally against big damage when every other god damn move in 7 puts characters into a crumple stun which leads to big damage.
Signature
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Since tekken 4 tekken rewards offense above anything else, but that doesn't mean that If you have some serious cool day and can read/defend your high level opponent on a persistent manner, and defend-punish all the time throughout the many matches that shall take either his demotion or your promotion can not be done too.

I think it is good that offense gets a higher reward than defense in a game. It's also great seeing how sometimes the greater defense manages to stand against what the system favours, offense in this case.

Tekken tag 2, although the most complete tekken ever character and moveset wise, was still a mistake. However, his 1vs 1 part was precisely the complete opposite. Best tekken ever imho if 1vs1 only.

Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
ttt1 was also non cannon and did extremely well especially on the arcades

ttt2 had poor sales (casuals)
competitive lifetime was pretty damn short (hardcore) had majors that didnt even feature the game past a year and never had as much tournament entrants as we do now.. hell even t6 tournament entrants and competitive livetime was significantly longer than ttt2

t7 sold well and tournament entrants are still growing

ive never seen competitive players diss a tekken as much as they did with tekken 4 and ttt2

if ttt2 was solo only it wouldve been a better game but it wasnt

you can compare ttt2 to br or t7 (defense force lulz) both past and present games dwarf ttt2 in almost all aspects relating to core gameplay (gameplay, not rosters customization stages sounds other bells and whistles)

and yeah situational damage in t7 is high.. situational damage in ttt2 gave 80% (bound + wall break + follow up)

ill still be playing all future tekken titles and i adapt to all the bs in every series however looking back ttt2 was trash to br and t7 you could even include dr to that list if u want for both casual (sales) and hardcore (tournaments)
Gandido
Test Before You Post
PSN: Gandido787
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
Just because your favorite characters were in TTT2, does not mean it was a good game.

It was a bad game. Really bad.

Get over it.
Signature "Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Evolution 2008 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Runner-Up
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
Signature
sheep 2.0
Virtuoso
PSN: sheepzaibatsu
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.

Ironic because the same can be said to the guys here who've been whining about Tekekn 7 nonstop since its release.
Signature RIP Old Account (September 2006 - April 2012)

My Player Card
lightbeast
Legend
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Mmm no that dosen't quite work...it's not like T7 on PS4 has been made to the same high standard as TTT2 on PS3. Have you even seen my posts in the other thread about the game randomly crashing almost every day at the same time of evening?
PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sheep 2.0
Ironic because the same can be said to the guys here who've been whining about Tekekn 7 nonstop since its release.

T7 is objectively inferior to its predecessors on all fronts.
Signature
sheep 2.0
Virtuoso
PSN: sheepzaibatsu
#77 “Quote” Edit Post

Again, this is strictly your OPINION. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else has to share your views. Just like how you love TTT2 while other players hated it. Opinions don't equate to facts.
Signature RIP Old Account (September 2006 - April 2012)

My Player Card
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Gandido
It was a bad game. Really bad.
not if 1on1

but the online. And the gameplay continues to be a matter of tastes too. I despise the 2d stuff and that can go fuck off in T8, but I find the overall gameplay outcome better than tag2, unless tag2 is played 1vs1.

Even then, T7 continues to win because of the god-like online. Tag2 online was fucked up after patching, and there was no PC version to make both off and online even better.

PhineBuyM3
Fujin
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
not if 1on1

but the online. And the gameplay continues to be a matter of tastes too. I despise the 2d stuff and that can go fuck off in T8, but I find the overall gameplay outcome better than tag2, unless tag2 is played 1vs1.

Even then, T7 continues to win because of the god-like online. Tag2 online was fucked up after patching, and there was no PC version to make both off and online even better.
Hell naw, even after TTT2' patch it still leagues above T7 on consoles.

If someone started playing fighting games with Sf4 I could see how they could like T7. For everyone else it's weird to see a sect of veterans applauding the dilution of the gameplay.
Signature
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
PSN: Hayk502
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
At this point it will be interesting to see a poll, which tekken do you prefer - ttt2 or t7

For me personally, ttt2 is my favorite game of all time.
Signature #RemoveLili'sClothes
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.