Page Splits 1...<1011121314>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
UltWarrior1
Kyu
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mav
The BTd+1's attempts are to go under Electrics, which is why even after it whiffs sometimes, Shudy will punish incorrectly because the low leaves Yoshi in TC status, and EWHF is a high.

It's done by inputting either b~d/b+1 or f~d/f+1 from MED, real easy once you get used to it, super fun too. You're basically very quickly cancelling out of the stance into BT status. Same technique can be applied to BT hopkick which would be f~u/f+4 or b~u/b+4. You can even do a straight up jump into U/F~N+4 but yeah screw that.

Don't even have to save it for Electrics because being a low it's hard to see and anticipate for the opponent, and bear in mind he's mixing it up with BT2 which can potentially S! folk tryna crush the low out of the air, all Japanese strats.

Sweet! Thx for that explanation.
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
PSN: forge76
XBL: Cosmic Forge
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
You know. It strikes me as odd that CH KIN F2 is a tailspin / screw attack move, but using it in a combo / juggle is not?

We could solve half of Yoshi's low damage issues just by making KIN F2 a screw attack / tailspin.

As it is now, KIN 4 and DGF 4 have limited uses as a tail spin. I'd like to see what combos could be possible with F2 doing this as well.

Thoughts ? Should we "email Harada" so to speak?
Mav
Virtuoso
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic Forge
You know. It strikes me as odd that CH KIN F2 is a tailspin / screw attack move, but using it in a combo / juggle is not?

We could solve half of Yoshi's low damage issues just by making KIN F2 a screw attack / tailspin.

As it is now, KIN 4 and DGF 4 have limited uses as a tail spin. I'd like to see what combos could be possible with F2 doing this as well.

Thoughts ? Should we "email Harada" so to speak?

I know what you mean, having mentioned it before myself in older posts but I feel like they've already addressed it with the new CD2 making it a very reliable move to convert from where it wasn't as easy before, like CH u/f+2, CH FC D/F+4, even 1SS Flash can now follow up with instant S! with CD2. Also the float potential off it seems kinda ridiculous.

They've also given easier access to KIN4 with the 2,2~KIN transition, looks hella cool but dunno what damage is like compared to CD2.

On the topic of combos here's some nice stuff found by STL
STL Yoshi Combo 1
STL Yoshi Combo 2
STL Yoshi Combo 3
STL Yoshi Combo 4
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah. I guess CD2 is kind of a fix for now. I just don't think we've seen Yoshis best damage potential yet, mainly because he has so many options.

Speaking of changes to Yoshi, I came up with an idea recently regarding NSS.

Since this stance mostly resembles "old school Yoshi", as evidenced by bringing back FC,df3, etc... why not take it one step further? I'd like to see his old fubuki knee back, but only in NSS. He would keep his "new" knee in 1SS.

Is this something worth sending up to the Dev team on twitter? There's still time to change the character before console release...
oshtechx
Sage
PSN: oshtech
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mav
I know what you mean, having mentioned it before myself in older posts but I feel like they've already addressed it with the new CD2 making it a very reliable move to convert from where it wasn't as easy before, like CH u/f+2, CH FC D/F+4, even 1SS Flash can now follow up with instant S! with CD2. Also the float potential off it seems kinda ridiculous.

They've also given easier access to KIN4 with the 2,2~KIN transition, looks hella cool but dunno what damage is like compared to CD2.

On the topic of combos here's some nice stuff found by STL
STL Yoshi Combo 1
STL Yoshi Combo 2
STL Yoshi Combo 3
STL Yoshi Combo 4

Interesting set of combos. I would play like this and use more stances. Good to see Stance Transitions work really well. I'm glad they improved that aspect.
ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#226 “Quote” Edit Post
ლ(´ڡ`ლ This Yoshi Combo Potential. Only thing I will miss with the bound system is getting an easy reset with f+1+2 while the opponent is trying to get up.
PreezNT
Raijin
PSN: PreezNT
#227 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ELMantisShrimp
ლ(´ڡ`ლ This Yoshi Combo Potential. Only thing I will miss with the bound system is getting an easy reset with f+1+2 while the opponent is trying to get up.

It's possible to spike them down with f1+2 after a screw then go for Oki or run up sword sweep if they don't hold back and tries to tech. I believe f1+2 still catches side rollers and people spring kicking too but I agree, going to miss reseting with f1+2 or catching back rollers with d2,2,d1 etc
Signature When you can't even kill yourself -

Buff df+1,4.... FeelsBadMan

ELMantisShrimp
Champion
#228 “Quote” Edit Post
SO Yoshi has a thing for aquatic life....sweet.... If Mishimas could be dressed MantisShrimps that would top it all https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzWPQZbXUAAyv1R.jpg
Ring4200
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#229 “Quote” Edit Post
Not bad this new outfit.
Signature DEVIL KAZUYA: The hero of the [Iron Fist] that never end.
JUN: What a incredible [speech], you say darling.
JIN: You're the best [dad].
LARS: It's nice a word Brother, and here we go for the next [Battle].
📶📘La petite Abeille au Poing de Fer, qui traverse la lumière🐝💧.
PreezNT
Raijin
PSN: PreezNT
#230 “Quote” Edit Post
the shark one doesn't look too shabby

but this on the other hand... http://i.imgur.com/838n4MA.png

I just want to slap whoever thought it was a good idea and looks good. I'll keep talking about it everytime Yoshi gets new customizations or until they at least let us change its color.
Signature When you can't even kill yourself -

Buff df+1,4.... FeelsBadMan

<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#231 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys, probably a dumb question. but how do you do his parry that makes him teleport into his u+3+4?

Also after uf+3+4, b+1, (jumping stomp then regular b+1 string) how do yoshi players do that with yoshi ending just in front of his opponent? tried to do nothing after uf+3+4, b+1 in tag2, he always sort of hops out if you dont continue the "4" part of the string.

Thanks guys!
Signature
Ashesfall
Fighter
PSN: only on PC
#232 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by <sAInt_D3m0n>
hey guys, probably a dumb question. but how do you do his parry that makes him teleport into his u+3+4?

KIN parry (punches and kicks - mid and high)
when you press 1+2 (KIN Stance) there is a short window to parry.
right before the attack hits you press 1+2

my opinion about that parry?
many messed up situation making it worse for you
sad its not a true parry as its not even the launcher from u3+4

(would like to read more opinions about the parry)

Also after uf+3+4, b+1, (jumping stomp then regular b+1 string) how do yoshi players do that with yoshi ending just in front of his opponent? tried to do nothing after uf+3+4, b+1 in tag2, he always sort of hops out if you dont continue the "4" part of the string.

i would guess uf3+4,d1+2(FLA Stance)

uf3+4 and b1 will make you jump back but only on hit
Signature FahKumRam - 11/10 most badass new fighter in History of Fighting games - i bow before the TekkenTeam
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
i vote for Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu in Season4 - Lets GO!
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#233 “Quote” Edit Post
i seee. but if opponent blocks uf3+4, b+1, he will just stay in front?

Thanks!
Signature
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
#234 “Quote” Edit Post
i seee. but if opponent blocks uf3+4, b+1, he will just stay in front?

Thanks!

Yes. If they block the string he will stay in place. It's a relatively recent change AFAIK.

It's also a legit form of flash bait on block.
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#235 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info!
Signature
yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#236 “Quote” Edit Post
yoshi seems quite fun in fr. in tag2 wasnt interested in yoshi that much cuz tag system but in 1v1 mode maybe I will try yoshi even more. any1 post their 10-list? df2 and flash plus low sweep seems good
Signature bang bang skrrt skrrt
jinmtvt
Virtuoso
#237 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
KIN parry (punches and kicks - mid and high)
when you press 1+2 (KIN Stance) there is a short window to parry.
right before the attack hits you press 1+2

my opinion about that parry?
many messed up situation making it worse for you
sad its not a true parry as its not even the launcher from u3+4

(would like to read more opinions about the parry)

i would guess uf3+4,d1+2(FLA Stance)

uf3+4 and b1 will make you jump back but only on hit

Is it similar in use/hit as the parry of Kuni ??

i've hit lots of unsuspecting folks with Kuni's parry
( was it b1+2 ?? )

looking forward to try and play Yoshi !
love is stuff .. i like the challenge of finding ways to lure/play the opponents ...
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#238 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jinmtvt
Is it similar in use/hit as the parry of Kuni ??

i've hit lots of unsuspecting folks with Kuni's parry
( was it b1+2 ?? )

looking forward to try and play Yoshi !
love is stuff .. i like the challenge of finding ways to lure/play the opponents ...

similar but slightly better (not as easy to get jabbed out or whiff, but not unblockable)...

Kin Parry, Flash, and his Taunt are 3 defensive tools, each have different timing

Yoshi isn't as fast as Kuni, built more strategic...fingers crossed Kuni shows up
jinmtvt
Virtuoso
#239 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok i see!

If you look at the current roster,

no doubles or clones ( except for the bears )

don't expect too much for Kuni ( i still would love her to be in
DinoTheDonDaDa
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: DinoTheDonDaDa
#240 “Quote” Edit Post
http://rbnorway.org/yoshimitsu-t7-frames/

In regards to this...

his d/f+3 is a lot better on block... mix-up potential might be crazy

didn't know d2,1 was safe... thats great

b+2, Kin, f+2 should beat jabs now, thats nuts smh

ff+3 & f,f,4 is slightly faster on block

Kin after CD+1 is crazy safe, to the point where its no reason not to cancel for a second chance at something if its blocked

I can not wait

nothing on 2,2 Kin on block yet... that will be the game changer for me