Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#321 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Onizuk@
Paul confirmed top tier for tournaments. "He has everything." (by JDCR, 2014)

Discuss.
He is insane.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Chand_evil
Virtuoso
PSN: chand_evil
XBL: microsoft_sam
#322 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know how to pull off Pauls multiple QCf 1's in a combo? Like his QCf 1 x2 or qcf 1, deathfist. I can't connect it no matter how quickly I try on dpad
Signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-AnYsGqac
grumpy64
Deity
#323 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chand_evil
Anyone know how to pull off Pauls multiple QCf 1's in a combo? Like his QCf 1 x2 or qcf 1, deathfist. I can't connect it no matter how quickly I try on dpad

Not really a Paul player but I can do those combos sometimes. They are very hard for sure but timing is more important then speed . if u don't start the 2nd one very early like close to to the first available frame it will not work. At least I think that's how it is. Anyway a lot of combos in Ttt2 have damn near just frame timing
Chand_evil
Virtuoso
PSN: chand_evil
XBL: microsoft_sam
#324 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by grumpy64
Not really a Paul player but I can do those combos sometimes. They are very hard for sure but timing is more important then speed . if u don't start the 2nd one very early like close to to the first available frame it will not work. At least I think that's how it is. Anyway a lot of combos in Ttt2 have damn near just frame timing

I it is really hard, I have difficulty connecting bryans qbc 2, 4 bound after a 2 in a combo
Signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-AnYsGqac
venzo77
Lone Wolf
#325 “Quote” Edit Post
ehi guys, i don't know if this was already answered, anyway not going to read all the 17 pages, so...my question is: does paul have any oki from throws? or : good setups? frametraps?
ViperSRT87
1st Dan
PSN: Vipersrt87
#326 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey all! Many of you probably don't remember me. I used to post in the Takken 5 and 6 Paul forum under the name Paul Phoenix 98. I couldn't access my account so I had to make a new one. Anyway I have recently gotten into Tag 2, sadly a bit late, and although I am gradually regaining my skill I did have a question in regards to the juggle /speed character obsession which has now grasped Tekken. What are some of the best options for Paul in terms of trying to break continuous attacks? I'll be blocking a huge string of moves and when I try one of Paul's quick moves, or at least I thought they were, I get punished every time. I'm not talking about spamming deathfist either. I'm talking simply 1,2 or b+3. How do you veteran Paul players handle these folks?

Thank you and it's great to be back!!!
Signature Formerly Paul Phoenix 98.

sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
#327 “Quote” Edit Post
Paul's punishers:
10f 1,2
12f d+1+2 or b+1,2
14f b+3
15f df+2_uf+3,4

while standing:
11f ws+4
13f ws+3,2
14f FC df+2,1
15f uf+3,4
16f ws+2
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
ViperSRT87
1st Dan
#328 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the input sspaajms. I suppose the answer is there really isn't any easy answer since sadly everything Paul has is slower than most. I suppose this is a more general note that is not only Paul, but my low game is terrible. I can't seem to get the hang of low blocking. Does anyone have any tips as far as dealing with a character like say lili or jun that continuously go from high to low to mid to low, etc in a move string?

Thanks

sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
#329 “Quote” Edit Post
You need to recognise and predict a players attack patterns,if lows seem to be used far too often,then hopkicks will help.
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Boar
1st Dan
#330 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi all! What's Paul's wallgame like? What moves do you use?

Thanks all!

Last edited by Boar on Feb 7th, 2015 at 11:10

Mar
Shihan
#331 “Quote” Edit Post
At the wall demo man (d+4:2:1+2) becomes more scary since you can't backdash it. Mix it up with qcb+2, safe wall splatting mid. b+4 is a safer low that you can use instead of demo man sometimes to make them duck less so you can demo man more, or just to be more safe.

At the wall CH (df+1),1,2 gives a free demo man or d+1,4,2. Remember that you can delay (df+1),1. You can use the delay as mixup to counterhit their WS punish, or just to mind fuck.

His wallsplat throws are df+1+3:qcf+2 and ff+1+2(~5).
ff+1+2 is risky because when it gets broken, you get wallsplatted instead and opponent can combo and then start wall pressure on you.
ViperSRT87
1st Dan
#332 “Quote” Edit Post
Out of curiosity does anyone still play Paul online on PS3? I have been playing a decent amount online and have never run into any other Paul players.

bawsmaster3000
Kyu
PSN: W3N33DS0M3W33D
#333 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, as you've probably have guessed (as I posted in the other Paul thread) I play as Paul. Surprisingly, I encounter quite a few people who play as Paul, but none of them play him seriously as such - more of a goofy character to them.

If you're interested I could add ya on PSN and we could go for a few rounds, as I could definitely use some other perspective for a change
Signature
ViperSRT87
1st Dan
#334 “Quote” Edit Post
Sure man. I'd be down for that. I honestly have never come across any other paul players. I have not done many player matches so maybe there are more Paul's there, but in ranked i have not.

Mag
6th Dan
PSN: MagSensei
#335 “Quote” Edit Post
So is ff+4 way too safe?
Signature Manly df+1
meep