Page Splits 1...<202122
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
PSN: Hayk502
#421 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, that's the problem, visually it doesn't connect, so it matches the visuals, however, that doesn't mean it's right. Paul simply shouldn't be going under mids. So if it did hit, the problem wouldn't be "oh why did it hit when you can clearly see it didn't", it would be "why does the animation not match the hurtbox", in other words you make the animation match the hurtbox, and not change the hurtbox to match the animation, because gameplay is king, it doesn't need to look right, it needs to play right.
But changing the animation of so many moves would be more troublesome than just adjusting the hurtbox, so there you go.

Unless someone wants to argue that Paul should be going under mids, which i don't think many people do. I do have a problem with that moment, it simply shouldn't work like that, even if visually it makes sense. At the end of the day, stuff like that just adds to the "randomness" of the game.
Signature #RemoveLili'sClothes
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.
Abigan2K
Iron Fist God
#422 “Quote” Edit Post
or mishima f4 needs a hitbox buff since theres a lot of moves that go thru them

i dont agree with pauls move crushing mids
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#423 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SilverSoul
Well, that's the problem, visually it doesn't connect, so it matches the visuals, however, that doesn't mean it's right.
Not only it is right but also makes more sense than the mids in the past iterations. You're just too used to the old system.

stuff like that just adds to the "randomness" of the game.
Exactly that's what I was talking about. Not only makes the game more interesting since throwing a mid, and again depending on the move, don't guarantee you absolute success like in the past in case i does not hit your opponent visually, but also more realistic.

This has obviously been the good side effect of adding dat final blow slow motion thing. Devs knew very well the old mid system could make the game look sooo so stupid in most cases, so there you go the slow motion thing ended up serving a good purpose.

T7 adjustment on mid properties in order to make them more realistic (random is the way you describe it, but so are real life fights too when too opponents simultaneously throw a blow on to each other) has actually been best game update mechanics wise.
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

Ashesfall
Fighter
#424 “Quote” Edit Post
^i agree with Fernandito
tekkens movelist (amount) and the high mid low system is not just high mid low
this game is so exciting because of the situation with it. (to me)

people should start to accept that mid does not just mean "mid" break it down in categories
- high high (jab)
- high mid (electric)
- mid high (josies ws2)
- mid mid (drags ws1+2)
- mid low/ground (bryans qcb4)
- low low (bryans qcb3)
- low grounded (drags d2)

this is one of the reasons i really like tekken, as visual hurt/hitbox actually means it
(sure you cant balance ALL situations with ALL angles etc. but its really good in tekken7)

if paul should have such a deep low dash is a different topic tho
Signature "let me enter and be the worst nightmare for Iron Fist 7, please Heihachi" (Season 3 lets go)
- "Demon" Geese - "SpecialForce" Josie -
- "WarMachine" Bryan - "Brawler" Steve -
Fernandito
Sweet Spanish Macho
XBL: Steam:FerDeSantander
#425 “Quote” Edit Post
Hei's db1+2 probably goes down through that D4 too, as well as more moves around I'm sure
Signature Long Live the King of Iron Fist, Heihachi Mishima.

SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
#426 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ashesfall
if paul should have such a deep low dash is a different topic tho

No, that is exactly the conversation. I have already said, Ling is doing it, i have no problem with it, eddy doing it i still have no problem, even Feng can be excusable.

Paul shouldn't go under mids, period.

Fernandito, tbh i'm tired of this conversation already, i think my point is pretty clear, gameplay is king, animations should be adjusted to match the hurtbox, not the other way around. And i'm not gonna even consider that namco originally intended for Paul to go under mids, to me that is just absurd.
I'm a proud member of #SaveLiliMovement, those who join be brave, a severe war is ahead of us, and i cannot guarantee that we will win.. but i can guarantee that, no matter what, i will never give up.. on trying to remove her clothes!!.
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#427 “Quote” Edit Post
Feng going under mids is kinda not excusable. He's a super buff guy, much more so than Paul.
Signature Originally posted by MysticwinD
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
#428 “Quote” Edit Post
Feng is not bigger than Paul. But that's not what i meant, Feng's style of fighting is what makes him different.
S2_Dotoring
Broken mess
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#430 “Quote” Edit Post
Feng is not bigger than Paul. But that's not what i meant, Feng's style of fighting is what makes him different.

Okay, let me ask you this: if Kuma had Feng's fighting style, would it be okay for him to consistently go under mids, too? The answer would most definitely be "no."
Fixed tier list for Lili players only needs 2 tiers, one tier with all the chars better than Lili and a second one with just Lili.
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
#431 “Quote” Edit Post
Kuma does go under mid, but that's okay, it's a bear, it can fight on 4 legs. It's not about size really, Eddy is a buff dude as well.
SSfox
Foxstepman
Climbing Dragon
Iron Fist God
#433 “Quote” Edit Post
Kuma does go under mid, but that's okay, it's a bear, it can fight on 4 legs. It's not about size really, Eddy is a buff dude as well.

Most of the time Tekken hitboxes are obviously not designed according to common sense. That's the problem here. I get that mids in Tekken have different hitboxes but still, the frequency at which mids get crushed seems to have increased in Tekken 7 and this is regardless of a character's fighting style. There are situations where characters like Feng and even Kuma are capable of evading the same things as Ling. I trust I don't even need to point out the size difference between all those characters.
SilverSoul
IAmTheBoneOfMySword
#434 “Quote” Edit Post
Sigh..

SSfox
Foxstepman
Great_Dark_Hero
Lone Wolf
#436 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature KOF player who likes Tekken.
SSfox
Foxstepman
MmickeysS
Virtuoso
PSN: MmickeysS
#438 “Quote” Edit Post

Is it a range thing?
Signature sugoi SUGOI!!
http://goo.gl/ebpTPu
wrazor
Virtuoso
#439 “Quote” Edit Post
Guys, can you confirm if AI in Tekken 7 has improved in season 2? I gave treasure hunt a try again and CPU is now blocking almost all my snake edges and escaping all my grabs. Also, AI seems to use low poking moves to chip damage. It is almost T5 level good right now.