Rank system and how it works

Page Splits 1...<2345>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
toml
take off f HEAPS
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry if this has been post b4 but is anyone know the ranking system has changed in 5.1 or still the same.

Eg: my mate's Baek was on 3rd dan, first match with Devil Jin 4th dan he got promtion chance, he won. After that, another win for him on 4th dan match, then the next match he got promotion chance to 5th dan and the Devil Jin guy got demoted back to 3rd dan. When he got up to 4th dan and he played to 4th dan guy only two times in a row the he got promotion chance.

This one not happen on 5.0...

Cheers...
Signature Yea, right...
Get ready for the next battle
WhiteDragon
Iron Fist God
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by toml
Sorry if this has been post b4 but is anyone know the ranking system has changed in 5.1 or still the same.

Eg: my mate's Baek was on 3rd dan, first match with Devil Jin 4th dan he got promtion chance, he won. After that, another win for him on 4th dan match, then the next match he got promotion chance to 5th dan and the Devil Jin guy got demoted back to 3rd dan. When he got up to 4th dan and he played to 4th dan guy only two times in a row the he got promotion chance.

This one not happen on 5.0...

Cheers...
It's the same and there is no point to change the rank system in t5.1. When you just promote to a rank, you have 3 ponits. Then you beat someone who has the same rank as you two times in a row. That means you have 5 points now. If you fight the same rank again for the third time. you sure will get a promotion chance because it's only one more point to 6. I hope that explain everything.
Signature The Dragon

The characters I play in T6 ===>
1st class:::: ---> only law
2nd class::: feng aking king Kazuya ---> just for fun
toml
take off f HEAPS
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WhiteDragon
It's the same and there is no point to change the rank system in t5.1. When you just promote to a rank, you have 3 ponits. Then you beat someone who has the same rank as you two times in a row. That means you have 5 points now. If you fight the same rank again for the third time. you sure will get a promotion chance because it's only one more point to 6. I hope that explain everything.

Thnx...
Signature Yea, right...
sepiroth
Matinee Idol
PSN: PANG!
XBL: T'recs
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zMan
The ranking system doesn't make sense.

I once played Paul (Sage) against Heihachi (Tekken Lord). Then I lost, and changed my character to Jin (Beginner). I lost several times, and then suddenly "Promotion Chance" appears - I lost the match, but was still promoted.

Yeah, I know you can't get demoted in those ranks, but... how the heck did Jin earn points? By losing to a Tekken Lord?

actually...
i think it does...

a beginner battling against a tekken lord, even though he loses, still gains expeience...

im pretty sure that if u play against a player with a higher level of game play for a certain number of times and play against someone who is at th sam level as u are, u would find it a bit easier, right??

Signature "Just because I ROCK doesn't mean I'm made of stone."Massive Militant Mind in Motion

T'recs Avada Kedavra
Evil Step Sisters
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah, just a Q: I'm playing cheap as hell with my TL Jack to earn money fast (800K in 2days ain't bad....), is there a max. ammount of points you can have or does it goes on infinitily?

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by patzeram
I think it goes on infinitely. Jack and Hei to me and the easiest to win with for quick money. No work, no thinking, easy wins and money.

thx, now I don't have to stress when I lose (OMG, yesterday I actually lost 3times out of 100!)

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

EASTERNBORDER
Iron Fist God
PSN: Easternborder
XBL: Easternborder
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
here's what I just discovered.

when you are still at KYU and theres a promotional chance, you still get promoted even if you lose, (sometimes twice to get promoted) until you get to DAN.
Signature "If you want to live, you gotta die trying."
toml
take off f HEAPS
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EASTERNBORDER
here's what I just discovered.

when you are still at KYU and theres a promotional chance, you still get promoted even if you lose, (sometimes twice to get promoted) until you get to DAN.

Thats right. This is an old news

Last edited by toml on Sep 22nd, 2005 at 16:52

Signature Yea, right...
RenHao
Kyu
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
if i lose many time to a guy who never use card. will i get demotion risk?
Signature Kyoroshitiyaro
sepiroth
Matinee Idol
PSN: PANG!
XBL: T'recs
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RenHao
if i lose many time to a guy who never use card. will i get demotion risk?

you wont...
Signature "Just because I ROCK doesn't mean I'm made of stone."Massive Militant Mind in Motion

T'recs Avada Kedavra
Evil Step Sisters
Dominic
Kyu
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok I am a beginner with Jin and I already lostlike 15 times with my card > I got a promotion chance as a beginner and I lost but I didn't get prmoted I don't get it somebody said u should still get promoted . And oh yeah I was going a 3rd Dan and a 1st Dan
samurai_091
Long Island Bryan
#72 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by patzeram
I don't think you get promoted all the time when you lose as beginner or a kyu but you often are as the others wrote in the thread.

I wonder if a person had ever made it to 1st Dan without winning a match? I'm almost tempted to buy a new tekken card so I can test my theory. I wonder how many matches can you lose before being promoted to 1st Dan.

er...i heard you can get "pity promoted" all the way to 1st Dan...

define "pity promote":
a pity promotion is when your rank goes up in a promotion chance even though you lost...

for example, you're a beginner...you lose a few matches in a row without winning...(i think it's 12... )...you then get a promotion chance to get to 9th kyu on your 13th battle...you can lose a couple of times and still keep your promotion chance...if you keep losing, you will eventually get promoted...

keep on losing and you may promote yourself all the way to 1st Dan the wrong way...
Signature
Even if you can dodge the dragon's fangs, the strong gusting wind will hinder your freedom of movement and the dragon's talons will rip you apart.
BiG_B
David Letterman
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
So many of you talk about the ps2 version ranking system which has no relevance to real Tekken.

Once you reach 2nd dan you start on 3 points.

1 point >< for win/loss to equal dan.
0.75 points for +- 1
0.50 for +- 2
0.25 +- 3

Once you reach 6 get promoted. 0 Get demoted.
Signature
Curry Kazama
Iron Fist God
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING MUCH FOR THE RANKING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!
Signature =D Click
Originally posted by LingXiaoyurules:
Am I popular or crap?.....or am I popularly crap. From Pricon: Fish head Curry is god tier.
T5 General Crew # 3
GO PORTUGAL!
BiG_B
David Letterman
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone confirm that you can rank up from 3 levels below or above???

ie: Can a expert be ranked up from a 4th dan etc
Signature
toml
take off f HEAPS
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BiG_B

Im not sure about that one but i've heard that my mate got promotion from 1st dan while he was on Shihan to Expert. I hope you know him.

Ranking system i think some certain ranks need more winning streak with same rank rather than other ranks (ie: Shihan needs to wins 3 other Shihan to get a promotion chance next match with Shihan as well) I think from Warlord need to win quite a lot with the same level to get to the next one and so on... IMO!
Signature Yea, right...
DisGuy
2nd Dan
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
Don't know if its been posted or not...

But whats the New Ranking system for Dark Resurrection?

Beginner
9th kyu - 1st kyu
1st dan
blah
blah
blah
blah
Signature Lifes a Bitch. Then u get Promoted.
Curry Kazama
Iron Fist God
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken lords
Getting there...
Signature =D Click
Originally posted by LingXiaoyurules:
Am I popular or crap?.....or am I popularly crap. From Pricon: Fish head Curry is god tier.
T5 General Crew # 3
GO PORTUGAL!
A.Glenn02
Expert
PSN: AMG-002
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
On my ps2- One time I was using Wang, by that time he was a Champion. I was winning a lot than I had to CHose between to 3 Tekken Lord players. I chose to fight a TL Yoshi and I got a promotion match! And I got promoted! That's weird...considering that I got promoted of a Tekken Lord. Very Starnge...
Signature One warrior--One man--A future champ in the making AMG
Dangerous King
PSN: Cyrax_kBm
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BiG_B

I was 4th Dan and my mate was Champion, and he had a promotion chance..but lost.
Signature =iNf= Melbourne Tekken